Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

vCash
    It was obvious that the other pros were very happy for Tony!

Corgi Wrangler
    vCash
    *SCEEEAAAM!*

(Of course, now you realize, Maks HAS to get a mirror ball... )

Works out nicely--Shawn and Derek can be happy seconds, Tony gets a long-deserved mirror ball, and Melissa's good enough to deserve it. And the RIGHT two were the top two. (I really thought it was going to go the other way.)

And man, Tony on the shoulders of Maks and Val...sorry, Derek, Melissa needed to get hoisted by someone taller to reach!

Skating supporter
    Born in Nova Scotia but living in Ottawa, Ontario (Canada's Capital)
    vCash
    Can't skate but love to watch

Just me
    vCash
    Very happy for Melissa and Tony!
    If this is to end in fire
    Then we will all burn together

vCash
    Yay Melissa and Tony!! Their expressions when Tom said "Now they have one, too." is priceless. I'm so happy for them!

Shawn and Derek were also fantastic and if they hadn't already won trophies, I'd have been campaigning for them. Now everyone's got a share of the wealth.

Kostner Softie
    vCash
    Were the two guys hugging and jumping when the results were revealed the Chmerkovskiy brothers?!?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jkl View Post
    It was obvious that the other pros were very happy for Tony!

It was actually very sweet to see.

vCash
    I'd be happy with Maks getting a mirrorball sometime, lol. Just has to be with the right person.

Awww...such a nice season. I'd be interested in finding out how close the votes were, but I don't think it would have made a difference if Shawn and Derek had tied Melissa in points. Shawn is VERY popular so for Melissa to beat her meant that she picked up a lot more of an advantage than just a few points. I know a lot of people were voting for her and Tony and they definitely deserved it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MR-FAN View Post
    Were the two guys hugging and jumping when the results were revealed the Chmerkovskiy brothers?!?
    They're like, "THERE IS A GOD!" There's hope for the consistently scorned. I think Anna is due a trophy next, though...she was robbed of one with Evan, so she deserves a REALLY good celeb so she can finally win.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by danceronice View Post

(Of course, now you realize, Maks HAS to get a mirror ball... )
    Anna has to get one first!

Shadow dancing
    vCash
    Yay Tony and Melissa!

Kostner Softie
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Spareoom View Post
    They're like, "THERE IS A GOD!" There's hope for the consistently scorned. I think Anna is due a trophy next, though...she was robbed of one with Evan, so she deserves a REALLY good celeb so she can finally win.
    Yeah! I love Anna and would love for her to win it next

vCash
    So happy for Melissa and Tony!

Um, did they have to make Chelsea look like a moron?

vCash
    I am SO happy for Melissa and Tony

Happy that Melissa and Shawn were the top two. They really were the best dancers this season.

vCash
    I posted this in on another board but it's just easier to copy and past my thoughts:

I think all the "non fans" of the other two voted for Melissa. And it's not like she wasn't a finalist from her season and a former professional dance cheerleader. She has the goods but the fact that her and Tony didn't win yet and how woe is me it was has has been pimped. It has been the slogan of the season. Being on DWTS all stars was Shawn's Olympics (another season slogan). Sure she wanted to win but that free style was her moment to shine. I'm pretty sure they had at least a suspension last night they weren't going to win. So Derick just had Shawn enjoy the moment. He has been great for her this season and I think she has been great for him.

Melissa and Tony are a worthy winner though and it was great to see Tony super happy. And it's not like this is the freaking Olympics. It's a reality competition game show. When I watch these types of shows, I just root for my favorites to last to finals. A win is always just a bonus.

Corgi Wrangler
    vCash
    True, Anna could use one (if they ever do another all-stars, bring back Evan! THAT was the biggest ripoff in DWTS history.) Maks, too, as he's been with the show for ages, too, and while he's come close he's had some clunkers, too. Though of the n00bs, I'd obviously like Tristan to get a winner, too.

I wonder if in some strange karmic or producer way, this was a belated apology to Tony for Kate Gosslein....

In my own little fantasy world where life is perfect for me!
    vCash
    So happy for Tony to finally win!! Oh, and Melissa too. Although it would have been nice to actually see their immediate reaction to winning versus seeing the backstage shot. (idiot camera work ). It actually took me a second to react to when Tom said "now they have one too" because I heard it as "now they have won two" and I thought it was Shawn and Derek that won! Glad I was taping so I can go back and watch the reactions again.

So how do we start the campaign to get McKayla on the spring season!! That would be some good TV right there!

Clueless American
    vCash
    Am I the only one disappointed? I absolutely can't stand Melissa so this whole season was "ugh" as most All-Star seasons of reality shows have been. Hope they can get a good cast for next season but my interest in the show has waned. I used to look so forward to it every week.

vCash
    I'm very happy Melissa and Tony won. They had complex, interesting routines and they had a great relationship without that make believe passion of Kelly and Val. I liked Shawn, but I don't like Derek's strategy of ignoring the rules.

Now whatever will DWTS do for the next season?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Spareoom View Post
    I don't think the producers will start handing him better dancers just because he won. If anything, they'll be like, "you got your mirrorball; now back to work!"
    If you follow Tony, he actually loves the whole process of teaching. I'd be surprised if he didn't say to the producers "give me someone who has minimal knowledge" just because teaching is so important to him. Now that he has the MBT, he can perhaps re-phrase that as "give me someone with minimal knowledge who is physically fit and doesn't mind working hard."
    AceOn6, the golf loving skating fan

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast