Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789
    YEAH!
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by danceronice View Post
    Val quit competing over the whole WDSF/WDF "freedom to dance" "we wanna be in the Olympics" mess.
    Can you elaborate? What side did he take?

vCash
    EXCLUSIVE: 'Dancing with the Stars' cutting back to one season a year

By SEAN DALY
    Last Updated: 6:53 PM, December 6, 2012
    Posted: 4:59 PM, December 6, 2012

http://www.nypost.com/p/entertainmen...Tr8PGYVh7KOLJI

Fine with me

In my own little fantasy world where life is perfect for me!
    vCash
    As much as I love watching the show, I always thought it would be much better at once a year as well, so that's fine with me too. It will keep the cast more fresh not having to jam in a second season each year trying to find people somewhat relevant to be on the show.

Corgi Wrangler
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cherub721 View Post
    Can you elaborate? What side did he take?
    Not in any coherent way, as if you think ISU politics is messy you should try the dance world, but WDSF started getting snippy about "its" dancers competing in certain events, there was this whole subplot involving Blackpool and their "biased" judging (ie most judges there are British, it being the U.K. Open and all) and dancers were told if they competed at certain events they'd get banned, there was an issue in the US with the NDCA sort of asking USADance to leave their umbrella group because USAD is associated with WDSF....Val afaik was with those dancers who, while I wouldn't say they precisely are on the side of the WDF, support the right of am dancers to compete wherever they like without risking bans from their home federations (like Italy and Russia threatening to punish couples who went to Blackpool.) This pretty much only affected the am/ams, as they were the only ones really likely to cross over (USAD/WDSF has little to nothing for pro-amers and the pros have more options.)

In any case, Am dancing is kind of screwy politically right now, though some of the issues have been sorted out, and it's a lot easier to be on the pro side right now. (Not to mention the odds of it making the Olympics any time soon are slightly worse than Synchro getting into the Winter Games.)

And full disclosure, as a pro-am student I compete in NDCA-sanctioned events so I'm probably on some level biased against WDSF.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by deltask8er View Post
    EXCLUSIVE: 'Dancing with the Stars' cutting back to one season a year

http://www.nypost.com/p/entertainmen...Tr8PGYVh7KOLJI

Fine with me
    One season a year without any other changes to the show won't help bring back viewers. Try getting a competent co-host. It's time for at least one judge to be changed and perhaps all three. It's obvious the producers are thinking about Paula Abdul. That's a train that's already wrecked. Look somewhere else. Maybe the ballroom expert could be one of the former dancers on the show. Tony would be awesome. Perhaps starting fall 2013. Tinker with the format a bit. Try getting new singers for the band. It can't be totally changed. People like the premise. Even the best cars need tune ups.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pixie cut View Post
    One season a year without any other changes to the show won't help bring back viewers. Try getting a competent co-host. It's time for at least one judge to be changed and perhaps all three. It's obvious the producers are thinking about Paula Abdul. That's a train that's already wrecked. Look somewhere else. Maybe the ballroom expert could be one of the former dancers on the show. Tony would be awesome. Perhaps starting fall 2013. Tinker with the format a bit. Try getting new singers for the band. It can't be totally changed. People like the premise. Even the best cars need tune ups.
    I like the judging idea. Start with any pro who's not assigned for the season. Each week, the pro eliminated in the prior week fills the 3rd seat.
    They could do the same with co-hosts. Start with just Tom and add the prior eliminated celeb to sit up in the skybox. I'd go one more and keep the celeb who did the best job.
    AceOn6, the golf loving skating fan

vCash
    I'd like to see Bruno replaced. Everything out of his mouth is calculated to be some outrageous sound bite, but most of it doesn't work and is just obnoxious, even inappropriate. And he's trying way too hard to be a big, brass personality every single time the camera is on him. I'm not a big fan of Carry Ann either.

I can do without Brook Burke, but I don't think she ruins the show. Just reduce her airtime and increase Tom's.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by orbitz View Post
    I'd like to see Bruno replaced. Everything out of his mouth is calculated to be some outrageous sound bite, but most of it doesn't work and is just obnoxious, even inappropriate. And he's trying way too hard to be a big, brass personality every single time the camera is on him. I'm not a big fan of Carry Ann either.

I can do without Brook Burke, but I don't think she ruins the show. Just reduce her airtime and increase Tom's.
    I agree that Bruno tries too hard, but I don't think they should get rid of him. I think he's part of the draw of the show. Len should stay too. Carry Ann should go.

In my own little fantasy world where life is perfect for me!
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Aceon6 View Post
    I like the judging idea. Start with any pro who's not assigned for the season. Each week, the pro eliminated in the prior week fills the 3rd seat.
    They could do the same with co-hosts. Start with just Tom and add the prior eliminated celeb to sit up in the skybox. I'd go one more and keep the celeb who did the best job.
    I love that idea! Just as long as Bruno stays. I love Bruno.

vCash
    I think Carrie Ann is definitely the first to go. I kind of hope Len stays. Bruno can stay or go. I'm entertained by him.

Brooke doesn't ruin the show, but she adds nothing. It's a bit of a thankless job, but find someone who can at least give it a more humorous spin.

I disagree with the article where someone said viewers don't want to see people who can dance. They want to see people who can't dance. I disagree. It's just that this season was just all over the place with bizarre challenges, wildly inconsistent judging and weeks with no eliminations followed by weeks of double eliminations.

vCash
    I can't stand Carrie Ann and if the producers are looking to replace judges she'd be the first one on my list to go. I know I asked the question somewhere else as to what her credentials were in regards to judging ballroom and basically she has none. She was a Fly Girl on In Living Color, went on tour with Madonna as one of her backup dancers, and a few other contemporary dance jobs, but never competed in ballroom and never judged it before DWTS. I know DWTS is a glorified popularity contest with some dancing thrown in, but still, if I'm wanting to learn actual ballroom from these pros, I want to get honest criticism from someone who's been in that world.

Bruno doesn't really bother me and while I think Len needs to eat more bran and loosen up, I wouldn't get rid of them unless the constant travel to and from London is exhausting them.

Corgi Wrangler
    vCash
    Len's really the only one with the first idea what he's looking at, so I would keep him. Carrie Ann can go--her constant tearing up is annoying, if nothing else. Bruno USED to limit his big bombastic statements as a response to something notable and now he does it every time.

I wouldn't want to see pros still actively employed by the show on a regular basis on the panel, but it would be nice to get a pro as a regular-too bad you couldn't use Corky or Shirley, but a couple seasons back didn't they have Donnie Burns on? Especially going down to one series a year they ought to be able to find someone who's a qualified pro with years of experience. (Heck, look into the Smooth and Rhythm communities and balance out Len with someone clear on the American Smooth concept.)

vCash
    If DWTS were to "capitalize" on the "trainwreck" factor, they would lose me as a viewer!

vCash
    I wouldn't want to see pros still actively employed by the show on a regular basis on the panel, but it would be nice to get a pro as a regular-too bad you couldn't use Corky or Shirley
    You could if Derek and Mark aren't on the show. Derek is probably not returning at least not for the spring 2013 season, and Mark could really use to sit out a season and cool off.

vCash
    Len's really the only one with the first idea what he's looking at, so I would keep him. Carrie Ann can go--her constant tearing up is annoying, if nothing else. Bruno USED to limit his big bombastic statements as a response to something notable and now he does it every time.

I wouldn't want to see pros still actively employed by the show on a regular basis on the panel, but it would be nice to get a pro as a regular-too bad you couldn't use Corky or Shirley, but a couple seasons back didn't they have Donnie Burns on? Especially going down to one series a year they ought to be able to find someone who's a qualified pro with years of experience. (Heck, look into the Smooth and Rhythm communities and balance out Len with someone clear on the American Smooth concept.)
    What about Jean-Marc Genereux? He knows what to look for and he's hysterically funny. Probably too much competition for Bruno.
    AceOn6, the golf loving skating fan

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    Genereaux at is most obnoxious is when he starts raving at the top of his lungs about how proud he is of CANADA. DWTS would take that out of the equation.

He'd be the most competition for Len, because Len would have to start giving professional assessments or turn into the Carrie Ann of the panel. I don't think LG's ego could handle it, and I suspect the show will want a female judge.
    "'Is this new BMW-designed sled the ultimate sledding machine for Langdon and Holcomb?' Leigh Diffey asked before the pair cruised to victory. I don’t know, but I know that sled is the ultimate Olympic Games product placement.." -- Jen Chaney

Corgi Wrangler
    vCash
    If they got rid of Carrie Ann, they'd need a female judge (hey, Toni Redpath follows the show pretty closely....) Of course the problem with her, Jean-Marc, anyone actively judging and teaching, is they'd have to move to LA for the duration if they're not already based there.

Beach Bum
    vCash
    As long as they don't get Mary Murphy -- I haven't heard whether SYTYCD will be renewed so she might be looking for a new track for her hot tamale train.
    I think I will have a snack and take a nap before I eat and go to sleep.

vCash
    BTW, Len Goodman got married a couple of weeks ago.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/s...oodman-1534567

vCash
    What a great article.
    Len deserves his success.
    It was a long time coming.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789