Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Cruder than you thought
    vCash
    Go Shawn! This season, it was Shawn and Apolo all the way for me, although it's turned out that Shawn is the one who has captured me - surprising myself, because when they announced the cast, I knew I liked a lot of the celebs, but I figured it would be Apolo. And it was not just her athletic dances that really wowed me, but the more sultry ones. I actually split votes the whole way, but heavily skewed toward Shawn. And I actually feel like Derek was at least trying to not focus on himself this season. I thought he handled Shawn really well *except* for the decision to do that Quickstep last night. The hypothesis in our household was that he was going for the "we need to vote for Shawn because they got a really low score" angle. Because you know if they did that Quickstep with at least minor modifications to stay within the rules, it would have been a 30. Shawn has matured so much as a performer, love her!

I find Melissa extremely likeable, but I don't agree she's the best dancer - best physique, for sure, with flexibility gives nice lines - but stiff in a toothpicky kind of way. And I think Tony is weak in the choreo and presentation department. I won't be upset if they win, and it surely would mean as much to him as anyone, but I'm not on the "his/her turn to win" bandwagon.

So I guess I'm also technically in the anyone but Kelly club , but am really rooting for Shawn. Kelly is herky, jerky and unappealing and Val is smarmy.
    Disclaimer: The post contained herein represents the opinions of a fan and may or may not bear any relation to reality.

vCash
    Val may be georgous but he lacks Mak's charm and charisma. Let's face it, we loved Kirstie and Maks not for their dancing, but how they interacted with each other...it was great! Kelly and Val make me want to tell them to get a room and leave the rest of us alone.

Derek is heavily involved with the production of the show, isn't he? Or is that just some rumor I picked up somewhere. :p Anyway, I figure he would be aware if the viewer's votes were close enough to warrant playing to the judges. It's been his strategy all season to cater to the viewers, and judging by Shawn's popularity on sites like Youtube and Hulu vs. pretty much every other dance ever done on DWTS in any season, I'd say he's succeeded. He's smart; I don't think he would have thrown away points if he thought they might matter. He may be very self-confident and play by his own game, but he's not dumb. If he could get sub-par dancers like Jennifer or Nicole to a trophy, it should be no surprise he's had no trouble getting Shawn very, very close.

Anyway, I guess all that remains to be seen is if Melissa managed to win away enough votes to get her the win, or if Kelly's soap fans can pull off another miracle. Frankly, I don't think anyone expected either had the fan base to get them this far, so for them to outlast popular dancers like Gilies and whatnot is pretty telling.

Eeeeek, can't wait. For some reason I thought it started at 7pm and tuned in, only to see the Grinch on. Boo!

Satisfied skating fan
    vCash
    Dance Center is the best part of the finale.
    Those who never succeed themselves are always the first to tell you how.

vCash
    Kelly doing the jive
    Melissa doing the samba
    Shawn gets the Cha-cha

Yay! Should be fun. Glad Shawn gets a re-do at the cha-cha since she was hurt during her last one, plus it was a theme night.

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    i love pam's onesie and boots

hey that was winnie from the wonder years
    I feel like I'm in a dream. But it can't be a dream because there are no boy dancers!

vCash
    Why couldn't have Pam done that earlier in the season?

And somewhere backstage, Gabby is tumbling.

Tranquillo
    vCash
    Didn't Melissa just do a samba yesterday?
    "The Devil is joining in, and that's never a good sign." Phil Liggett

vCash
    Oh my goodness, I'm such a sap...that was SO CUTE AND AWESOME AND ADORABLE.

ETA: Yeah, she did. It will be interesting to see if Tony can make it fresh.

vCash
    Joey!!! He shoulda done this dance originally. And Kirstie STILL couldn't get out of the costume fast enough.

vCash

I loved the group Gangnam style dance.
    "Half the harm that is done in this world is due to people who want to feel important. They don't mean to do harm -- but the harm does not interest them. Or they do not see it, or they justify it because they are absorbed in the endless struggle to think well of themselves." – T.S. Eliot

Tranquillo
    vCash
    Belatedly watching dance center, bwhahahahahaha, "mark is all about making his partner look good".

Corgi Wrangler
    vCash
    *snort*, I just thought Tom was, as always, brilliant in saying what everyone really was thinking about Pam--"Normally to see something like that there's a two-drink minimum." (Give the man a raise. I'm sure he's paid a ton already, but he deserves a raise.)

MORE DANCE CENTER NAO PLEEZE.

vCash
    Tom is awesome...truly one of the greatest hosts of all time. He's part of the reason why DWTS is so awesome.

Loving the results episode so far. Mini-Joey and Mini-Kym were great! And Sabrina was as lovely as ever; I'm glad she did her "soft" dance because she's not as frenetic in it and it looks so nice. Plus that's a great color for her.

Tranquillo
    vCash
    I want to vote Sabrina out of the finale just so they can all be SHOCKED some more!

I'll have to see who wins in the AM, I'm going to sleep - night all.

vCash
    McKayla was not not-impressed with Sabrina's encore!

Corgi Wrangler
    vCash
    I'm still boggling the orchestra managed to flub "Back to the Future". You'd think movie standards would be something Harold Wheeler's orchestra musicians could manage.

vCash
    Seeing Gilies' Bollywood again reminds me how much better Shawn and Derek are at Indian dances. Theirs was way more specific, but so much better!

vCash
    Ahh the Sarabeth song.. it gets me every time

vCash
    Production blip, lol

vCash
    I am not dying to know what Kelly and Val are doing or not doing.
    "Half the harm that is done in this world is due to people who want to feel important. They don't mean to do harm -- but the harm does not interest them. Or they do not see it, or they justify it because they are absorbed in the endless struggle to think well of themselves." – T.S. Eliot

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast