Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Beach Bum
    vCash
    I used all the phones in the house to vote for Tony, er, Melissa.
    I think I will have a snack and take a nap before I eat and go to sleep.

YEAH!
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Garden Kitty View Post
    I think it was a mix of some stuff, but I think part of it was the version of Clementine that Apolo used for the Paso Doble
    Ah, it sounded so familiar. So both of his dances tonight were to music first used by his sister. Cute.

vCash
    Double post
    Last edited by Twizzler; 11-27-2012 at 04:52 AM. Reason: Double post

vCash
    I think it was a mix of some stuff, but I think part of it was the version of Clementine that Apolo used for the Paso Doble
    It's called "Carnaval de Paris" by a group named Dario-G. Yes, it's the same song that Apolo/Julianne used for their Paso. Liked Shawn a lot, but loved Apolo and Julianne more.

Add me to the "Anyone But Kelly" group!!

Corgi Wrangler
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Twizzler View Post
    Add me to the "Anyone But Kelly" group!!
    No kidding. She fumbled the Paso and they were pretty deliberate about burying her in a big crowd for the 'freestyle', plus I haven't seen anyone so obvious about setting up for lifts since watching Novice pairs practice. While having the Five as her 'backup dancers' was a gimmick, obviously, for Shawn, they never blocked her or overpowered her. (I hope they don't mean an encore and they're going to do something themselves tomorrow, of course I'll be stuck at work but I can always find it on-line. I've seen Shawn all season, I haven't seen any of them since the Olympics.)

I figure Shawn will win because she does the flashiest, most crowd-pleasing routines and has the Derek fans. Melissa could win because she's the best dancer left plus the pity factor for Tony. Kelly...I figure soap fans and she's good at getting Val to strip off.

vCash
    Can't stand Kelley. She is not the best dancer, and she's beyond annoying.

I loved Shawn's two dances. But, #1 broke rules, again - why? And #2 was more about tricks than dancing.

Melissa - my favorite! Best dancer of the three. Her lines, extensions, toe point, and turn out - fantastic. The Samba started a bit odd, but loved it. I absolutely loved the Contemporary dance. I didn't expect to, but it was gorgeous. I just hope america appreciated the difficulty and beauty of that dance.

Hope Melissa and tony win, could tolerate Shawn and Derek, will be very upset if Kelley and Val win.

Just me
    vCash
    I'm very torn between Shawn and Melissa. I'd be happy for either of them to win, and be just as sad for the one who didn't. I'm pretending Kelly doesn't exist.
    If this is to end in fire
    Then we will all burn together

vCash
    I hope that Tony/Melissa win, although I really expect that Shawn/Derek will.
    Is this Derek's final season?

vCash
    I just got my online votes for Tony and Melissa in under the wire. The way the judges were marking Shawn and Derek last night, I think that they have likely been winning the voting by a large margin (which allowed them to mark them down without any worries). I can live with Shawn winning again -- even with Derek as her partner. Just as long as it isn't Kelly!
    Lady 2: there isn't anything about me on goooogle, I mean, I must take it off if there is.....
    Lady 3: The google is a terrible thing, I mean I don't want anything on there! (Overheard by millyskate on a London train.)

Corgi Wrangler
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by skatesindreams View Post
    I hope that Tony/Melissa win, although I really expect that Shawn/Derek will.
    Is this Derek's final season?
    Derek seems to be turning into Maks--there's always speculation he's leaving.

vCash
    Shawn has won before, so I would like to see Melissa win. Plus she is a better dancer, IMO.

vCash
    Shawn and Derek are definitely doing an encore of their freestyle tonight; now if the other ladies are also repeating a dance; I don't know. But Shawn definitely is. Yay! Can't wait to see it again.

vCash
    Melissa's free Style bored me but she did have the best lines of the contestants.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kTMIIaELPmQ

I think Shawn's was better with way more dance. It will go down as one of the dances I remember from watching dancing with the stars. It was all about Shawn and it was a fun cute recap of her season.Derek has done a wonderful job with Shawn this season.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M6ooU...feature=relmfu

vCash
    So I've been doing a little ratings hunt, and here's what I found:

If you go to ABCDWTS's youtube page, you can view all of the dances in order of popularity. Shawn has five dances ranked before Kelly's top dances, her contemporary and flamenco. Melissa doesn't even rank on the first page of thirty dances and interview clips.

On Hulu, I searched the DWTS dances by most popular today; a more accurate representation of viewers from last night. When I checked it about ten minutes ago, Shawn's freestyle was ranked first, followed by Melissa's freestyle and then Shawn's quickstep. Right now though, it's both of Shawn's dances first and then Melissa's freestyle, followed by Melissa and Kelly's freestyle.

Back to Youtube, I decided to look for overall views for their freestyles. A search for "Shawn freestyle" brought up her most popular video from last night, with almost 71k views. "Melissa freestyle" got me Melissa's top ranked video at 21k views. "Kelly freestyle" got me nada; I had to search with her full name and her top ranked video had 13.5 views.

Sorry if this is overkill; I'm bored and I like stats. :p Should be interesting to see how things roll! I think it's clear from overall viewership this season, not to mention last night, that Shawn is BY FAR the most popular of the three ladies in terms of people actually watching their dances. Does that translate to votes, however? Don't know!

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    the lady i know who this season had 3 auto dialers on 3 computers voting for kelly (season 1 she was old school and just had 1 auto dialer) still hasnt actually watched any of the dances. she thinks it is corny. but she really really wants kelly to win.
    I feel like I'm in a dream. But it can't be a dream because there are no boy dancers!

Tranquillo
    vCash
    I think Evan's season was the first one where they allowed the judge's to score another dance after the freestyles and the audience votes. If everyone gets basically the same scores, then it doesn't matter, but I don't like the idea that they can manipulate the scores after they know what the final vote tallies are.

But then again, this is just a tv show and not a real election, so I can't get too bothered by it.
    "The Devil is joining in, and that's never a good sign." Phil Liggett

vCash
    Haha, I know. I'm pulling for Shawn to win, but honestly this whole season has been so much fun and I think any final result will be awesome, bar Kelly winning, though. So many crazy good dances and memorable moments. I admit I was skeptical about an all-star season, but it's been a smash hit! Woot!

YEAH!
    vCash
    I think Evan's season was the first one where they allowed the judge's to score another dance after the freestyles and the audience votes. If everyone gets basically the same scores, then it doesn't matter, but I don't like the idea that they can manipulate the scores after they know what the final vote tallies are.
    Agreed, but the votes would have to be really really close in order for their scores to matter, since the judges usually don't deviate by more than say 3 points. But then I guess they can be, cause I remember Shawn won by like 1%

I still wish Apolo had been in the final, but will be happy no matter who wins.

vCash
    Yeah, Shawn won by an incredibly slim margin in her first season, and there I think the judges points DID play a lot into that because she did outscore Gilies a bit in the final week. I've always said that if Gilies had been healthy enough to do more then just stand there and have Cheryl dance around him, he would have run away with the trophy. But, he regressed and Shawn had her best performances when it mattered, so she was the champion instead of him.

One thing you have to take into account for votes is, who gets the votes of the fans of the dancers who were voted off? I'm guessing Shawn inherited Apolo's votes as the token Olympian, and may have inherited Emmitt's as well as she's an athlete and comes from middle America, like a lot of his fans. But then again, Melissa could have gotten Emmitt's votes as well since aside from being an athlete, she has a similar background.

Still, I think the more likely scenario is that the girls have split a lot of demographics between them. I think that if Apolo or Emmitt had made the finals over Melissa or Kelly, Shawn's dominance might have been a little more complete, but being one of three females as opposed to just two or maybe one doesn't help any of the girls at all. Just makes it closer.

YEAH!
    vCash
    I would guess that Kelly and Val got Kirstie's votes cause of Maks, and Gilles votes from those who enjoy dancers with a lot of chemistry. Shawn probably has Bristol's All American Voters, and Melissa, I don't know... she could be getting Apolo's votes from people who favor better dance technique. It's really all based on broad generalizations, I mean, just because Apolo and Emmit are both male athletes doesn't mean the same people would vote for both of them, I voted for Apolo and would certainly never in a million years vote for Emmit.

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast