Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    snarking for AZE
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Alixana View Post
    Yep .. Shawn's got this one in the bag. Oh well, better her than Kelly.
    yes, i'm on the anyone but kelly train myself. i wonder what the apolo/karina freestyle would have been?
    I feel like I'm in a dream. But it can't be a dream because there are no boy dancers!

recovering Oly-holic
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by danceronice View Post
    But it should be really clear between Shawn's gymnastic routine and Melissa's beautiful contemporary which one of these three finalists does not belong....
    Amen

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    what's melissa's #?
    I feel like I'm in a dream. But it can't be a dream because there are no boy dancers!

vCash
    It's funny that you call Shawn's freestyle a gymnastics routine because she spent a LOT of time just dancing...more than her quickstep, actually. Lol! But I loved it. I'm so happy for her.

vCash
    Melissa text number is 3406

Shawn is 3402

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by my little pony View Post
    what's melissa's #?
    1-800-868-3406

vCash
    what's melissa's #?

vCash
    I would love to see Melissa and Tony win this one, but I'm not too optimistic

Corgi Wrangler
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Spareoom View Post
    It's funny that you call Shawn's freestyle a gymnastics routine because she spent a LOT of time just dancing...more than her quickstep, actually. Lol! But I loved it. I'm so happy for her.
    I wouldn't call it a lot, and what there was, was actually kind of weak--not as bad as Kelly but off-center and a lot of split weight, mostly because she was busy setting up a tumble or lift. I really do hope they pull off a miracle/monkey with the scores tomorrow if necessary to give it to Melissa and Tony as of the three left they've done the most actual straight dancing, but either Melissa or Shawn kind of HAS to win because this was just one long showcase of "How the heck is Kelly here?" Any one of Gilles, Emmitt or Apolo would have been more interesting.

Tranquillo
    vCash
    Obviously Kelly is interesting to someone since she got voted into the finals, and Gilles, Emmitt and Apolo didn't.
    "The Devil is joining in, and that's never a good sign." Phil Liggett

YEAH!
    vCash
    God bless Val for not doing a rolling around on the bed, shirts off number. And no cameo from Maks! Loved the Dirty Dancing thing, would've given them a 30, great choice. Didn't care for the troupe, they didn't need them.

Melissa is a fantastic dancer, best performance in round 1, gorgeous freestyle, but it was boring... I don't think Tony has really redeemed himself in that area. Best contemporary ever done on the show, of course. Best overall dancer and would be a deserving champ.

Shawn has to be the undisputed champ after that. How the hell did she not fall on her face in that one lift? My fears about the Fierce 5 were unfounded, they did not detract at all (and they looked really hot, especially Aly and Mckayla). Best of all was that for once Shawn actually danced, I saw bits of her bhangra, tango, etc... THAT was unexpected from Derek. The only thing I hated was the giant SHAWN sign, wtf.

What was Shawn's music?

YEAH!
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Garden Kitty View Post
    Obviously Kelly is interesting to someone since she got voted into the finals, and Gilles, Emmitt and Apolo didn't.
    And she won, which Gilles and Melissa didn't. Haters gon' hate.

vCash
    She won cuz her top fell off in an earlier episode. < Hatin'. JK! She's not a bad dancer at all and I do like her, but compared to the other celebs, I feel like there are better dancers.

Tranquillo
    vCash
    It was actually sweet of the Olympic team to come to support Shawn. I'm sure they all got good money on the Kellogg's tour and that they can get a decent appearance fee, plus at least some of them were on the East Coast for Thanksgiving - so it's nice of them to fly out for DWTS.

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    when i call melissa's # i get a message that the # is no longer in service, i'm overwhelmed with conspiracy theories

vCash
    when i call melissa's # i get a message that the # is no longer in service, i'm overwhelmed with conspiracy theories
    I think you have until half hour after the show to vote via phone and text. But you can still vote online at ABC.com or on Facebook.

YEAH!
    vCash
    Huh, I just tried and got a busy signal. Maybe it's a good sign! If it's any consolation I voted 7 email addresses for Melissa.

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    Did Shawn and Derek have to do a traditional dance last, since they've been doing freestyle all season?
    "The team doesn't get automatic capacity because management is mad" -- Greg Smith, agile guy

Tranquillo
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cherub721 View Post
    What was Shawn's music?
    I think it was a mix of some stuff, but I think part of it was the version of Clementine that Apolo used for the Paso Doble

vCash
    Can't stop watching Shawn's freestyle. I admit I was scared when I heard the Fierce 5 were going to be in it because I thought it would be gimmicky and silly, but they fit in so well and did fantastic. The troupe girls could have done the same things that the Olympians did, more or less, but I liked that they were all Shawn's height, haha! The pros would have dwarfed her.

No matter what, it's been a fantastic season and I'm so glad Shawn got to do it...she's done so many crazy good dances that rank in my top favorites of all time, and this was just the icing on the cake. She may have the lowest points so far, but there's still tomorrow. Quite possible Shawn can make up a few of the points, if not all; depends on how it goes. Anyway, should be fun! I look forward to seeing Kelly bumble her way through an instant dance that she hasn't rehearsed.

ETA: Wha? Aly just tweeted that she can't wait to perform the dance again tomorrow night. Are the judges doing an encore, or are they giving the Fierce Five a special spot on the show or something? Hmmm!

ETA 2: Random, but I noticed that McKayla is out of all her casts but didn't do any of the tricks. She probably is still on doctor's restriction for any type of gymnastics. Still, it's good to see her without both legs encased in boots and casts and whatnot, lol. Poor thing!
    Last edited by Spareoom; 11-27-2012 at 03:38 AM.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast