Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast

vCash
    He was registered to skate at BC Summerskate in August, but didn't compete due to "scheduling conflicts".
    You should never write words with numbers. Unless you're seven. Or your name is Prince. - "Weird Al" Yankovic, "Word Crimes"

Finally On The "Sunny" Side Of The Rockies!
    vCash
    Emanuel scheduled to skate first in the short program at Challenge 2014 in Regina. Praying that he doesn't withdraw. Like last year, waiting until the last moment before booking my trip to Regina, just in case.

vCash
    What's the date for the Regina event?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by watchthis!! View Post
    What's the date for the Regina event?
    Senior Men compete Sat.-Sun. Dec. 7-8 - link to the Challenge competition thread in Kiss and Cry:
    http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/show...for-Canadians)
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    To me, I really want to go now to see those lines and his dance style. He is a very interesting skater due to his style. This is exciting

vCash
    I'm hoping he makes it to Canadians again. Really enjoyed watching him and his reaction to the crowd last year at Canadians.
    Crazy about sports!

vCash
    Hmmn, with Reynolds having boot issues, if Sandhu is really back in form and serious about nationals, I will root for him to make the Oly team... hey if Plushy is back, why not Sandhu? Sandhu is one of the very few guys on the planet that actually beat Plushy at the height of his skills. Loved seeing him skate last year, but hoping he is in much better shape and also has some new programs to sell, it kinda hurt me to see him - a former National and GPF champ, wind up behind Nam.

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    There are a few other Men between Nam and Chan who have the Olympics TES minimums who will be in his way besides Reynolds like Ten, Balde, Rogozine, and Firus. Sandhu would need to compete at a Senior B to earn his minimums were he to make the Olympic Team.

USFS has said that they're choosing the team by mid-January, right after Nationals, and that the members must have the minimums by then, which is why there's a on December Senior B's for Lysacek's name on the roster. I don't know whether Skate Canada is requiring the same, but the IOC deadline for having met the minimums is 27 January, and there are a couple of mid-January Senior B's.
    "The team doesn't get automatic capacity because management is mad" -- Greg Smith, agile guy

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Debrah View Post
    Sandhu is one of the very few guys on the planet that actually beat Plushy at the height of his skills.
    True, but it was mostly because Plushenko didn't get the expected technical marks for some of his jumps.
    You should never write words with numbers. Unless you're seven. Or your name is Prince. - "Weird Al" Yankovic, "Word Crimes"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by overedge View Post
    True, but it was mostly because Plushenko didn't get the expected technical marks for some of his jumps.
    Kind of. He did too many combinations. Had he just thrown the 3A instead of a 3A-2T, he would have won. I bet he never even thinks about it. But I bet that Sandhu thinks about the win. It kind of worked out that way.
    Beefcake's fancy, saccharine, artsy, drag bingo cliche effusing, bipolar, OTT fashionista manchild

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayar View Post
    Kind of. He did too many combinations. Had he just thrown the 3A instead of a 3A-2T, he would have won. I bet he never even thinks about it. But I bet that Sandhu thinks about the win. It kind of worked out that way.
    Yes, he zayaked. Or Oda'ed.

I don't know how much Sandhu thinks about the win. I'm sure he knows why he won and doubt that this competition is the one he remembers best. When he took the title in 2001 with his near-perfect Cirque program - I'd wager that this is among his better skating memories.

vCash
    What else is he doing with his life? I recall he had entered a TV dance competition. Is he coaching?

vCash
    I believe he is or was coaching at the Sunset skating club in Vancouver.
    A good rant is cathartic. Ranting is what keeps me sane. They always come from a different place. Take the prime minister, for example. Sometimes when I rant about him, I am angry; other times, I am just severely annoyed - it's an important distinction. - Rick Mercer

vCash
    He was at BC Sectionals last month as a coach.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Debrah View Post
    Hmmn, with Reynolds having boot issues, if Sandhu is really back in form and serious about nationals, I will root for him to make the Oly team... hey if Plushy is back, why not Sandhu? Sandhu is one of the very few guys on the planet that actually beat Plushy at the height of his skills. Loved seeing him skate last year, but hoping he is in much better shape and also has some new programs to sell, it kinda hurt me to see him - a former National and GPF champ, wind up behind Nam.
    Bold is mine. Sandhu is no longer at the height of his skills and doesn't have a quad or 3A. He no longer has the arsenal to medal at Nationals or do well at the Olympics.

I'd like to see the other spots go to Reynolds and Ten. Probably it will be Rogozine though, because he has the consistency.

vCash
    If Sandhu is at Canadians, I 'm will be perfectly content just to see him again. He still has some of the best lines I've seen on a skater, regardless of his age. Guess that ballet training is still keeping him in good stand.
    Crazy about sports!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Japanfan View Post
    I'd like to see the other spots go to Reynolds and Ten. Probably it will be Rogozine though, because he has the consistency.
    Rogozine has not been as consistent in competition this season compared to last season -- see: http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/show...=1#post4046864
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    The opportunity to see Sandhu skate live makes me wish I was going to Nats this year. I always loved him, even when he was breaking my heart with his inconsistency. He is poetry in motion when he's on.

Next on my list for Canadian men would be Ten. I really hope all the work he's done coming back from injury pays off and he gets to go to Sochi. I don't know how likely it is, but it's what I'd love to see.

vCash
    I'm really hoping Emanuel skates and does well, he's honestly a joy to watch!

vCash
    Is Sandhu skating his short at The Challenge today or tomorrow?

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast