Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

vCash
    Well, he has aways been my most favorite frustration, and even if nothing comes of it, I wish him all the best.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by quartz View Post
    Well, he has aways been my most favorite frustration, and even if nothing comes of it, I wish him all the best.
    Ditto this!

I would LOVE LOVE to see him skate again - even though there would be a ton of challenges -not the least of which are the new demands in COP since he left and everyone upping their levels those ways.

bird is the word
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Twilight1 View Post
    Didn't he make the butt spin big and we see a bunch of skaters copy it?
    He was the first one I remember performing the spin, but I am not sure if it was his own invention.
    "Life is just one crushing defeat after another until you just wish Flanders was dead." - Homer Simpson

Left in the Kiss-n-Cry
    vCash
    Out of curiousity, how many of these qualifiers move on to Canadian Nationals?
    I meant to take the high road.... but I missed the exit.

vCash
    Chan, Reynolds, Firus, Rogozine, Ten, Balde all have byes to nationals because of either podium in 2012 nats or SGP appearance. Unless I missed someone, 12 will advance from Challenge making a total of 18 for Nationals

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by grimey View Post
    He was the first one I remember performing the spin, but I am not sure if it was his own invention.

Natalie Krieg was performing the butt spin way back in the early to mid 90's

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qnoRJ8gZpZU

vCash
    I was about to post that , aptinar. Also, many seem to think Caroline Zhang originated the Pearl or Oyster spin, but Nathalie was doing that spin in the early 90's. She usually went from the pearl position to a Biellmann.

Left in the Kiss-n-Cry
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hohoho View Post
    Chan, Reynolds, Firus, Rogozine, Ten, Balde all have byes to nationals because of either podium in 2012 nats or SGP appearance. Unless I missed someone, 12 will advance from Challenge making a total of 18 for Nationals
    Thanks! I see Balde is also doing this comp. I guess just for experience?
    I meant to take the high road.... but I missed the exit.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvia View Post
    December 5-9 - link to the competition thread in Kiss and Cry: http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/show...-5-9-Regina-SK

A thread will be started in the TV Alerts forum if/when it is confirmed that Challenge will be live streamed via Skatebuzz again this year.

ETA: Skate Canada's event page currently says: "Live Streaming (all three rinks ) TBA"
    Skatebuzz/Skate Canada has initiated a Season Ticket subscription ($19.95) starting with Challenge - I've started a thread in TV Alerts with info links: http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/show...with-Challenge
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    According to an acquaintance's Facebook, she just watched Emanuel practice and said he's looking good. She didn't mention what jumps he's doing, though.

vCash
    His results in the Challenge are here.
    Haunting the Princess of Pink since 20/07/11...

vCash
    His SP at the challenge was the same SP from 2000 Nationals. Same costume it looks like, too.
    Here's the link to the 2000 program http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yc6_c5g1P1Y

He looked good. Pretty fit and not too nervous. 3F+3T+C well done, popped the loop and was forward on the 2A. Only 56pts but he's on track to qualify for Nationals no problem. Interested in seeing what he does in the LP. Hopefully he gets the 3A back.

Couldn't tell who was coaching him. Almost seemed like no one. Some woman handed him his guards and he talked to her while waiting for the marks, but for all we know she could have been a volunteer at the event.

vCash
    He has no coach at this point. I wonder if he has the resources to afford one.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Iceman View Post
    He has no coach at this point. I wonder if he has the resources to afford one.
    Having no coach is still better than having Joanne........

vCash
    I honestly wish him luck, and recall his skating fondly. The best male artistic skater to come out of Canada.

And I imagine he, like so many others (aka Johnny Weir), is motivated to return to the Olympics to add that oh so precious elusive Olympic Team Medal to his resume.

I wouldn't put it past him to succeed in this endeavor, to earn that much coveted second spot. Kevin Reynolds, beware...

vCash
    Decent result.. I hope he gets his 3A and/or his quad back by Nationals.

vCash
    When I first looked at his PCS I was almost horrified at how low they were - until I went and looked at how the skaters above his were marked and then didn't feel so bad. Having him on the World Team could be ... interesting.
    Crazy about sports!

vCash
    I hope SC comprehends how many chances this guy has already had. Time for someone else to see how they can do imo.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NadineWhite View Post
    I honestly wish him luck, and recall his skating fondly. The best male artistic skater to come out of Canada.
    Sorry, but I just can't let this comment pass without mentioning Toller Cranston.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jamcan View Post
    I hope SC comprehends how many chances this guy has already had. Time for someone else to see how they can do imo.
    I would agree with this IF there were any other Canadian men skating like they wanted that second spot. Many suggest Kevin Reynolds is all but a lock, but he's had plenty of chances himself. I don't know that his results have improved enough to suggest he deserves his spot over anyone else, even Emanuel. The other Canadian men in the 2-6 range aren't exactly fresh on the scene. I'm an Ellaj fan, and even he's been toiling in the mid-pack a few years. If someone steps up I'm down with giving them a shot, but until then I think Emanuel deserves a chance as much as anyone.

I was really impressed by what I saw for someone who's been out of competition since 2007, including a stint where his focus was dance. But I admit I'm a sucker for Sandhu.
    "How you treat the weak is
    Your true nature calling" -- Jane's Addiction

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast