Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast
    vCash

Emanuel Sandhu Skating at Challenge

The starting orders are up for the Canadian Challenge competition and Emanuel Sandhu is listed as skating in senior men. This relly surprised me. Did I miss his comeback announcement?
    Here is the link to the starting order:
    http://results.skatecanada.ca/2012-2...tartOrders.pdf

vCash
    ...Didn't Eman do this last year as well? If I recall correctly he was listed to compete at Challenge but pulled out last minute, don't have link or such but I remember people speaking about it on FSU.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DimaToe View Post
    ...Didn't Eman do this last year as well? If I recall correctly he was listed to compete at Challenge but pulled out last minute, don't have link or such but I remember people speaking about it on FSU.
    Yes, that is how I remember it. How old is he now?

Canadian ladies über
    vCash
    He registered for sectionals last year and withdrew.

vCash
    Some hearsay info on Sandhu was posted earlier today in the Canadian Men's thread in the Trash Can: http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/show...=1#post3755665

Sandhu turned 32 earlier this month - link to his ISU bio: http://www.isuresults.com/bios/isufs00002073.htm

Foot injury puts Sandhu's comeback on hold (November 2011 CBC Sports article): http://www.cbc.ca/sports/figureskati...ck-injury.html
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash
    It's official. I am madly in love with Meryl Davis.

vCash
    I was always a great Sandhu fan and I've missed him, but he always broke my heart....so much talent, a great skater, but no competitive nerves. I don't think anyone had more beautiful lines and stretch...
    Addicted to FSU

vCash
    I am SOOOOO skeptical. But if this holds true, I am SOOOOOO excited! If we have to see the butt spin constantly, let's see one that looks good!
    "You may know what you need, but to get what you want better see that you keep what you have." ~ Stephen Sondheim

vCash
    This is called "I have no other way to make money since the singing and dancing fell through so I might as well give it another crack". Speaking of crack, it seems groin injuries are fairly vogue these days. My bet will be this is what takes him down.

He strikes me like the Johnny Weir type. Will skate the short, score 55 pts and then withdraw with a sprawling rash or whatever.

Meh. If he was serious he woulda made a bigger deal about this.

vCash
    I'll be shocked if he actually does skate, but it could be interesting.

vCash
    One of my favourites, but I'm not holding my breath. (Sat in the front row at the SYTYCD Canada Tour. Fantastic.)

From the Bloc
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rock2 View Post
    Meh. If he was serious he woulda made a bigger deal about this.
    I'm glad he's not making a big deal about this. We don't need another big announcement that fizzles into a big nothing. Let him do his thing quietly, without the spotlight.

And maybe this isn't a "comeback" at all, but rather a skater wanting to test himself and keep up his skills. He still performs from time to time, so maybe he just wants to stay in shape.

And maybe, it's a typo - he was on the list for last year, so they put him on again, whether he was planning to participate or not.

vCash
    Another skater who would have been brilliant and very wealthy in professional competitions. He was just born 20 years too late.
    I hope he stays in the sport as a choreographer/coach. The experience he just got from sytycd is exactly what this sport needs: more interaction with off-ice hip choreographers.
    If Canada gets 3 Olympic spots, that might motivate him to get himself in top shape. Unlike Weir's US competitors, the field is not that deep in Canada, so you never know.

vCash
    When I see I youtube video or pic of him competing and finishing the comp I will believe it. I hope he does. I love his skating and always have.
    ~I am convinced that life is 10% what happens to me and 90% how I react to it.~ (Charles R. Swindoll)

vCash
    This seems very odd, given his age and how long it's been since he competed. I had always hoped he would go into ice dance with his absolutely glorious style and body line. Not sure who would be able to be his partner, but I always wonder......

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenny View Post
    And maybe, it's a typo - he was on the list for last year, so they put him on again, whether he was planning to participate or not.
    Could very well be a typo or someone not changing the list from last year. I remember Shae and Victor's name appearing on a starting order at Canadians a few years after they had retired.

vCash
    Hmmmm ... ice dancer? How about Vanessa Crone? Isn't she still looking for a partner? How would they look/do together? At least with ES, Vanessa would be getting someone who has been and won in the spotlight and has some decent skating skills. Anyone?
    Crazy about sports!

vCash
    Eman is more ballet/classical in his body movement(although he can clearly do any style), and I think Vanessa is much more athletic and wouldn't really look right. When Victor split with Shae-Lyn, I wonder if she ever considered Eman as a potential partner. I think that their contrast in styles actually could have produced some interesting possibilities.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by professordeb View Post
    Hmmmm ... ice dancer? How about Vanessa Crone? Isn't she still looking for a partner? How would they look/do together? At least with ES, Vanessa would be getting someone who has been and won in the spotlight and has some decent skating skills. Anyone?
    I find it hard to imagine E-man as an ice dancer, since one person can't shine at the expense of the other in a partnership. I don't see him as a team player.

I remember Kurt being asked about this way back (early 90's), since he's a guy who in many ways would have made a great ice dancer - great musicality, footwork, expression, etc., but he said something along the lines of no, a partner wouldn't be able to put up with him, he needs to do his own thing.

From the Bloc
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by quartz View Post
    When Victor split with Shae-Lyn, I wonder if she ever considered Eman as a potential partner.
    Based on her work with hockey players, I'd say Shae could make any man on skates into a good partner.

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast