Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by aftershocks View Post
    Hi there, lala. I don't think anyone can forget you either, even if they might want to, particularly when it comes to supporting your iconic hero. I'm sure many would say the same about me regarding my support for Johnny Weir.
    .....:
    OK. I like Johnny , too And I like his Swan in Torino. Plushenko had bad Sp in Torino? He got 91,...points and Plushy's not too big fans,the NBC commentators didn't say any bad things about it, and they said about footwork this is the best in new system....

INTJ
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Glacier cat View Post
    As far as I know North American are biased against Plushenko. I know they don't like Russian at all, and what happened to Slutskaya and B/S in 2002.
    There's no bias against Russians from North American audiences. That's bullshit. B/S did get crucified in the media after SLC but they still got warm receptions at shows and appearances after.

Quote Originally Posted by ciocio View Post
    Tha chanadian audience never booed Plushenko. In 2010 he didn't have the skating of his life but you can check on youtube that they enjoyed his programs in 2001 at Worlds or 2004 at SC. He got standing ovations. He also have devoted fans in Chanada which appreciate him since he first appeared on ice.
    I never said they booed Plushenko (though he did get booed when he was an asshat on the podium). I said that the response was lukewarm because someone said that he ALWAYS receives standing ovations and audiences ALWAYS love him. Lambiel, Takahashi, and Lysacek received much more enthusiastic responses.

Though the whole idea that audience appreciation is somehow an indication of PCS marks is ridiculous.
    "Beautiful things don't ask for attention." -The Secret Life of Walter Mitty

vCash
    [QUOTE=unicorn;3756513][QUOTE=lala;3756508]
    Quote Originally Posted by unicorn View Post
    Can you read? The record I mentioned above has anything to do with the ages? Oh yeah, it has, Plushenko competed much longer than Yagudin.

When Plushenko competed in 2010 Olympic, he's even younger than any of them, with such a weak field by that time, if he landed two quads, I am sure he could have won. Then he did not have to complain about the judges or anything.

Oh no, you are the one has a great sense of humor. I can realize it even without knowing what you are talking about.
    I don't think seriously

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by made_in_canada View Post
    There's no bias against Russians from North American audiences. That's bullshit. B/S did get crucified in the media after SLC but they still got warm receptions at shows and appearances after.

I never said they booed Plushenko (though he did get booed when he was an asshat on the podium). I said that the response was lukewarm because someone said that he ALWAYS receives standing ovations and audiences ALWAYS love him. Lambiel, Takahashi, and Lysacek received much more enthusiastic responses.

Though the whole idea that audience appreciation is somehow an indication of PCS marks is ridiculous.
    Was you in Vancouver?

INTJ
    vCash
    I was there.

AYS's snark-sponge
    vCash
    ...Though the whole idea that audience appreciation is somehow an indication of PCS marks is ridiculous.
    I wasn't in Vancouver but this is the point I was making. Audience appreciation is certainly of value in its own right but it is not a proxy for judges marks.
    Congratulations 2014 World Ice Dance Champions Anna Cappellini & Luca Lanotte!!!

vCash
    I was there.
    I'm envious, of course On the gala or the competitons?

INTJ
    vCash
    Just the men's free

vCash
    Just the men's free

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cherub721 View Post
    Skate well and get good marks, skate poorly and get low marks... I understand fully that it's not really what components marks measure, but I'm sorry, I really like that concept.
    So how do you define "skate well"? What if someone else defines it differently. That's where the disagreements come in.

vCash

vCash
    Then Yagudin can be a poster boy for someone who has a congenital body defect but still managed to win lots of big titles in a very short period. Plushenko has to count the silvers to beat him. So why you have to compare Plushenko with him? We have skaters like Tod Eldredge who won a world medal at the age of 30. And yet he still pushed himself for a quad at that age. And Stojko, who has numerous injuries too, managed to win a silver world medal when he's 28 and could land 2 quads in the competition when he's almost 30. When Plushenko competed in 2010 Olympic, he's even younger than any of them, with such a weak field by that time, if he landed two quads, I am sure he could have won. Then he did not have to complain about the judges or anything.

In 1998 and 1999 the field was weak, Yagudin had no competition for gold after Kulik's retirement, I don't understand why people think skating was so exciting back them, for two or three years Yagudin could easily win with a decent skate.

vCash
    In 1998 and 1999 the field was weak, Yagudin had no competition for gold after Kulik's retirement, I don't understand why people think skating was so exciting back them, for two or three years Yagudin could easily win with a decent skate.
    Probably same thing as Plushenko when he got his first world bronze medal with 3 hard falls in a relatively weak competition, his fans are so proud of him, keep saying he's a male version of Tara Lipinski, and then when talk about the competitions between Yagudin and him, they keep saying that oh, he's 3 years younger than Yagudin(actually less than 3 years), LOL

vCash
    And remind you, he's not weak at all, he's 17, first time went to the Olympics, but he's a gold medal contender. He only lost because of the politics and a health issue.

vCash
    And I'm not talking about all these to make others believe that Yagudin is the ultimate boss. Every skater has their own way of greatness, no one is the ultimate winner of everything in the universe.

vCash
    Yagudin lost because of politics?
    Nevermind, we're offtopic anyway, Yagudin has nothing to do with PCS or Asada's win. I don't even know how did his name appear here.

vCash
    And remind you, he's not weak at all, he's 17, first time went to the Olympics, but he's a gold medal contender. He only lost because of the politics and a health issue.
    You don't know, the Russian Federation wanted to enter for the Oly Plushy, not Yag in 1998. But Mishin said Yag is the next. I really don't understand you, nobody wants belittle Yagudin greatness, but you are always harsh on Plush.
    But i think Kulik was the winner in 1998. And anybody says I'm the uber ?
    Last edited by lala; 11-27-2012 at 09:46 PM.

Left in the Kiss-n-Cry
    vCash
    How are politics the reason he didn't win in SLC? Did the judges somehow magically make him fall on his planned combo jump in the SP?
    I meant to take the high road.... but I missed the exit.

vCash
    I think unicorn was talking about Yagudin in Nagano.

vCash
    Thanks for the link to the article. Interesting comments from the great Mishin.

But nothing compared to the posts and comments regarding Plushy in this thread.
    Is ESTER back?

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast