Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

vCash
    Better than I had feared.

Oh, well. He's still gorgeous when he hits the elements.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ice9 View Post
    Better than I had feared.

Oh, well. He's still gorgeous when he hits the elements.
    We have to remember this is his first competitive skate in nearly SIX years, so for what he did do, it wasn't actually too bad, I still think he has a decent chance. Why not? If he can still do it, then I say go for it
    Kyle

vCash
    How many men move on? Chan has a bye. I'm assuming Kevin Reynolds.

vCash
    Kind of a weird choice for Emanuel to do an old program that most shows how slow he is. But maybe he can't keep up with his faster programs. I agree that he does still have beautiful positions. I would say that it was too bad he left the beautiful triple loops in warm-up but that is typical Emanuel. He looked ambivalent about his marks, seemed to be happy enough with them for what he did out there.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kylet3 View Post
    We have to remember this is his first competitive skate in nearly SIX years, so for what he did do, it wasn't actually too bad, I still think he has a decent chance. Why not? If he can still do it, then I say go for it
    ITA. It wasn't horrible by any means.
    images on ice - Figure Skating Photography

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Capella View Post
    How many men move on? Chan has a bye. I'm assuming Kevin Reynolds.
    I think top 12 plus Balde, who is here but has a bye.
    Last edited by Erin; 12-09-2012 at 04:00 PM.

Canadian ladies über
    vCash
    Chan, Reynolds, Ten, Baldé, Rogozine, and Firus have byes. So 12 others will advance.

vCash
    Shaquille Davis tweeted this regarding Emanuel earlier today:

Shaquille Davis ‏@Shaq34D

@onterrioh @wendeestd lol yea, he looked good on practice today, he didn't do any triple axels though

vCash
    Does anyone know if the stream will be archived for later viewing?

Canadian ladies über
    vCash
    http://results.skatecanada.ca/2012-2...gesDetails.pdf

Chartrand was credited with rotating 7 triples and including 3lutz 1loop 3sal

Canadian ladies über
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ice9 View Post
    Does anyone know if the stream will be archived for later viewing?
    Yes within minutes actually each program is available.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by danafan View Post
    Yes within minutes actually each program is available.
    Thanks!

vCash

Chartrand was credited with rotating 7 triples and including 3lutz 1loop 3sal
    She's the only one to attempt all 5 triples. Good for her. Now she just needs to bend her knee a little more on the landings to get better flow out and increase her GOE's.

One judge gave Kaetlyn a 9.25 for choreo and a 9.00 for performance/execution....nice sentiment, but I think it will be a little while before she sees scores like these internationally.

vCash
    Interim results for the men???

Recovering from the Olys
    vCash
    UNOFFICIAL Sr Men SP 1-12 with 2 left:
    Elladj Baldé 72.85 (3Lz+3T, 3A fell out/hands down, 3Lo), G Gosselin 67.00, S Morais 66.18, M Gordon 59.82, S Angers 59.20, E Sandhu 56.46, R Yacobi-Harris 53.96, B Guthrie 50.08, N Nguyen 49.94, G Gordon 49.80, P O'Brien 49.00, I Martinez 47.??

ETA:

Shaquille Davis 54.48, into 7th with 1 to go.

Sasha Alcoloumbre 58.17, into 6th place.
    Last edited by Sylvia; 12-09-2012 at 04:02 AM.
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    Thanks Sylvia

Canadian ladies über
    vCash

I wish Morais could improve his PCS. Seems his jumps were there.

I can't believe Mutlu didn't make it in senior women - she skated so well at sectionals.

And former junior champion Eri Nishimura, who has yet to make it to Canadians in senior, misses by one spot.

Several former junior champions did make it though. Daleman, Charbonneau, Reault, and McNeil. Zhalko-Tytarenko is another junior champion who did not move on, and Lacoste is a former junior champion. There are many former junior champions still actively competing, with mixed success. Random useless data from the Canadian ladies über...

vCash
    very interesting that Emanul didn't get alot of levels-Did they not construct the program to get levels? or did he just not do it last night? What happened to Nam-looks like he lost one spin??

vCash
    Why doesn't Osmond attempt the triple loop??

vCash
    I can't believe Mutlu didn't make it in senior women - she skated so well at sectionals.

And former junior champion Eri Nishimura, who has yet to make it to Canadians in senior, misses by one spot.

Several former junior champions did make it though. Daleman, Charbonneau, Reault, and McNeil. Zhalko-Tytarenko is another junior champion who did not move on, and Lacoste is a former junior champion. There are many former junior champions still actively competing, with mixed success. Random useless data from the Canadian ladies über...
    Mutlu was good in the short here too (at least when it came to the jumps), but really needs to work on her presentation and speed. And rotating the jumps. I actually thought she might pull it off...she had a rough start, but rallied in the second half of the program...but so many of her jumps were underrotated that she got creamed and she didn't have the PCS to back it up.

I like the random junior champion trivia too I was really pulling for Nishimura to make it and was very surprised that Zhalko-Tytarenko didn't pull it off because she was so strong in the short. Oh, and if we want to add to the former junior champs, Alexe Gilles is a former US junior champ

Quote Originally Posted by mackiecat View Post
    very interesting that Emanul didn't get alot of levels-Did they not construct the program to get levels? or did he just not do it last night?
    I'd guess it's a mixture of both. The program was from pre-COP, so he would have had to redesign it to get into the rules and given that this appears to be a "skating for the fun/love of it" type of comeback (ala Witt in 94), he may not have wanted to worry too much about getting levels. Also, Emanuel was never the best at working COP anyway.

I agree with the overall sentiment upthread that he's got nothing to be ashamed of. Good for him for doing his comeback quietly and just getting out there and skating.

Quote Originally Posted by shine View Post
    Why doesn't Osmond attempt the triple loop??
    She's working on it, but probably isn't consistent enough yet. I remember an article a couple of months ago that mentioned the loop as something she wanted to add to the program. Although IMO, she doesn't need it at this point and might be better off sticking with what is working really well for this season. Less than two years ago, Kaetlyn was only doing the toe and sal (neither of which seemed that consistent either), then she added the flip and triple-triple for all of last season, with the lutz coming into the program just at Jr. Worlds, where it was the required jump in the short. So she's got lots of new-ish jumps in the program already, probably makes sense not to rush getting the loop into the program.

ETA - I forgot that to add that there will be one other former junior ladies champ at Canadians - Meagan Duhamel in pairs!

Also, on Nam's spins - there was one spin where he slowed to almost a complete standstill and basically had to hop around on his toe pick to keep the spin going. I recall it was the spin before his triple lutz, which would make it the spin that he only got Base Level on (i.e. no credit for features)...and since he has -3 and -2 GOE scores on that spin, that's probably it. I didn't catch anything with the spin he didn't get credit for though.
    Last edited by Erin; 12-09-2012 at 03:58 PM.

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast