View Poll Results: Which Of These New Movies Interest You? (Vote For As Many As You Like)

Voters
79. You may not vote on this poll
  • December 7 – Deadfall (Crime drama with Eric Bana and Olivia Wilde)

5 6.33%
  • December 14 - The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey (Fantasy with Ian McKellen...)

46 58.23%
  • December 19 - The Guilt Trip (Comedy with Barbra Streisand, Seth Rogen, Adam Scott and Colin Hanks)

9 11.39%
  • December 19 - Monsters, Inc. 3D (Animated with John Goodman, Billy Crystal, etc.)

8 10.13%
  • December 19 - Zero Dark Thirty (Action with Chris Pratt, Joel Edgerton, Jessica Chastain, etc.)

17 21.52%
  • December 21 - This Is 40 (Comedy with Paul Rudd, Melissa McCarthy and John Lithgow)

10 12.66%
  • December 21 - The Impossible (Action with Naomi Watts and Ewan McGregor)

12 15.19%
  • December 25 - Django Unchained (Western with Leonardo DiCaprio, Jamie Foxx, Christoph Waltz)

23 29.11%
  • December 25 - Les Misérables (Musical with Hugh Jackman, Russell Crowe, Anne Hathaway)

62 78.48%
  • December 28 - Promised Land (Drama with Matt Damon, John Krasinski and Frances McDormand)

11 13.92%
  • February 8 - Identity Thief (Comedy with Jason Bateman, Melissa McCarthy and Jon Favreau)

10 12.66%
  • February 14 - A Good Day to Die Hard (Action with Bruce Willis and Cole Hauser)

9 11.39%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9171819
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by smurfy View Post
    I attended the Best Picture Showcase at AMC Theatre today - saw 4 of the best pic non, with the other 5 next week

You watched one right after the other? I don't think I'd have the patience for it .

vCash
    Just got back from watching 'Side effects'. Very interesting movie. Keeps you guessing. I don't want to say too much about it because it may give away the suspense. Definitely recommend.

vCash
    Saw Zero Dark Thirty today. Could not get into it. Got kind of draggy in places and didn't really come alive for me until the final half hour or so. I didn't know that Lady Gaga's man Taylor Kinney was in this as one of the SEALs who swooped on Bin Laden's compound.

Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash
    I will start my post about the trailers for this week's new smaller movies with a big "YOU'RE WELCOME"!!! I have saved you from watching three awful trailers with equally awful imdb.com entries. I can't imagine anyone wanting to see "Red Flag", "Rubberneck" or "Midrange". Well, Midrange does star the uber-handsome Sean Douglas but that is definitely not enough to make me have any interest in this movie. As for the other four new titles, only the first is going on my To See list. Looks good! Oh, and not a good sign for the documentary about Stanely Kubrick's "The Shining" when youtube has four trailers for this one and they're all basically critic's quotes. Not even one second of footage...

February 22 Future Weather (Dram with new cast and Amy Madigan. From imdb.com: “When her single mom runs off to California, Lauduree, a passionate environmentalist, clings to her rural home.”)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XddXYlhi-Ag

February 22 Bless Me, Ultima (Drama, unknown cast. From imdb.com: “A drama set in New Mexico during WWII, centered on the relationship between a young man and an elderly medicine woman who helps him contend with the battle between good and evil that rages in his village.”)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1yg9kkqCul0

February 22 Inescapable (Drama with Joshua Jackson, Marisa Tomei and Oded Fehr)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4qzdMCuFptc

February 19 Room 237 (Documentary. From imdb.com: “A subjective documentary that explores the numerous theories about the hidden meanings within Stanley Kubrick's film The Shining.”)
    …no decent trailer available…
    It's official. I am madly in love with Meryl Davis.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by orbitz View Post
    You watched one right after the other? I don't think I'd have the patience for it .
    This is the second year I have done this. I have seen some of the movies, so that helps. It is suprisingly easier than I thought, and I feel pretty good at the end of the night. About 20-30 min between movies with an hour break near dinner time. 10 am til 9 or 10, depending.
    I usually don't like seeing movies a second time within months, but with really good movies, I find I can appreciate how good they are the second time.
    This Sat is 5 movies.

vCash
    This is the second year I have done this. I have seen some of the movies, so that helps. It is suprisingly easier than I thought, and I feel pretty good at the end of the night. About 20-30 min between movies with an hour break near dinner time. 10 am til 9 or 10, depending.
    I usually don't like seeing movies a second time within months, but with really good movies, I find I can appreciate how good they are the second time.
    This Sat is 5 movies.
    Most of the times I see the movies in the theaters, over a much longer period (a few months). I don't even see two movies on the same day, so I can digest what I saw. I guess we are different.

vCash
    I attended the Best Picture Showcase at AMC Theatre today - saw 4 of the best pic non, with the other 5 next week
    Les Miz - I so agree w all the comments about the close ups. What could have been a classic movie is now just very good. Jackman was wonderful - to me pretty equal wi DDL. Never have been a Hathaway fan and still not. Amanda Seyfried was much better than I expected, enjoyed Eddie Redmayne and at times thought Russel Crowe was better than expected (and my expectations were pretty low)
    Django- omg, was so entertained, Tarantino reallky has somes screws loose, but fun!
    Argo- had already seen and was equally great on Second viewing
    amour- unfortunately had to miss the first 45 Mins, but the acting was amazing
    I wish there was a theater near me that was doing this. I always end up missing a few of the BP nominees, so this would be an awesome way to catch up. I wouldn't even mind sitting that long (provided that I can sneak enough food in with me ).

Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash
    I've been working on the new movies thread for March, April and May and just had to give you a sneak preview of this movie:

April 26th - Pain & Gain - Action, Crime - Rebel Wilson, Mark Wahlberg, Dwayne Johnson, Ed Harris and Ken Jeong
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SEQ8jyvmYtw

I don't think I've ever seen a movie that looks like it works equally well as an action/thriller as it does a comedy. It helps that Rebel Wilson (and Ken Jeong) are in the cast, but Dwayne Johnson and Mark Wahlberg have never been funnier. I'm wondering if this is going to be the kind of movie where everybody has a few favourite lines where they end up saying, "hey, how about when he said..."
    It's official. I am madly in love with Meryl Davis.

vCash
    PeterG, the first movie I ever saw Ms. Colbert in was the original Imitation of Life, which as a whole I liked better than the re-make. She's stunning in it, and every time I think of that movie I want pancakes. I would recommend it.

Reading about her is so interesting. She was such a peculiar person.

vCash

Diagonally parked in a parallel universe.
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by michiruwater View Post

Celebrating Jeremy Abbott's FS at 2014 Worlds...
    vCash
    Just though I'd post a heads-up for anyone that is interested....

As part of USA Network's "Characters Unite" public service campaign, it will be airing Schindler's List this coming Saturday night from 8:00-11:18 (Eastern and Pacific). The broadcast will be entirely commercial-free with an introduction by Steven Spielberg.
    Gun Control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to buy cars.

vCash
    Love tha movie! But unfortunately I do not have the USA Network.
    “Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.” William Shakespeare

vCash
    Watched Forbidden Planet last night (again) It was on TCM.

Recently saw Oz and Jack the Giant Slayer. Liked both, but would recommend Jack over Oz, if you could only see one.

Afterlife
    vCash
    I just saw another trailer for Star Trek: Into Darkness. Every new trailer makes me more excited for it to come out.
    "I think I saw what happens next It was just a glimpse of you Like looking through a window Or a shallow sea Could you see me? And after all this time It's like nothing else we used to know After all the hangers-on are done Hanging on to the dead lights Of the afterglow" Afterlife - Arcade Fire

vCash
    Saw Dirty Dancing after a long time, on my TV. Can't remember the channel/network, but it was nice to see Patrick Swayze & Jennifer Grey again. Great chemistry, and I love the songs. I remember seeing it in a theater on campus in the late 1980s, and I became an instant fan of it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Nell411 View Post
    I just saw another trailer for Star Trek: Into Darkness. Every new trailer makes me more excited for it to come out.
    I am waiting for this movie to come out. I love Star Trek- even the new one.

Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9171819