View Poll Results: Which Of These New Movies Interest You? (Vote For As Many As You Like)

Voters
79. You may not vote on this poll
  • December 7 – Deadfall (Crime drama with Eric Bana and Olivia Wilde)

5 6.33%
  • December 14 - The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey (Fantasy with Ian McKellen...)

46 58.23%
  • December 19 - The Guilt Trip (Comedy with Barbra Streisand, Seth Rogen, Adam Scott and Colin Hanks)

9 11.39%
  • December 19 - Monsters, Inc. 3D (Animated with John Goodman, Billy Crystal, etc.)

8 10.13%
  • December 19 - Zero Dark Thirty (Action with Chris Pratt, Joel Edgerton, Jessica Chastain, etc.)

17 21.52%
  • December 21 - This Is 40 (Comedy with Paul Rudd, Melissa McCarthy and John Lithgow)

10 12.66%
  • December 21 - The Impossible (Action with Naomi Watts and Ewan McGregor)

12 15.19%
  • December 25 - Django Unchained (Western with Leonardo DiCaprio, Jamie Foxx, Christoph Waltz)

23 29.11%
  • December 25 - Les Misérables (Musical with Hugh Jackman, Russell Crowe, Anne Hathaway)

62 78.48%
  • December 28 - Promised Land (Drama with Matt Damon, John Krasinski and Frances McDormand)

11 13.92%
  • February 8 - Identity Thief (Comedy with Jason Bateman, Melissa McCarthy and Jon Favreau)

10 12.66%
  • February 14 - A Good Day to Die Hard (Action with Bruce Willis and Cole Hauser)

9 11.39%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 6 of 19 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by martian_girl View Post
    I like it that they have 6 spots in each acting category. The Oscars should do the same. Too many great performances just miss the cut.

I agree with most of these nominations, although I have not seen The master and Les Mis and a few others.

Blergh
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sofia Alexandra View Post
    I have now seen The Hobbit - An Unexpected Journey, and I have two words for y'all: Thorin Oakenshield. Didn't expect to find myself wanting to throw myself at one of the dwarves, but there you go.
    You should check out the BBC miniseries North and South based on the Elizabeth Gaskell novel. He's excellent in that.

vCash
    I love these categories in the Critics Choice awards. Can James Bond/Daniel Craig win this one? I think the female award will go to Jennifer Lawrence (Hunger games) even though Judi Dench was excellent in Skyfall.

ACTOR IN AN ACTION MOVIE
    Christian Bale – “The Dark Knight Rises”
    Daniel Craig – “Skyfall”
    Robert Downey Jr. – “The Avengers”
    Joseph Gordon-Levitt – “Looper”
    Jake Gyllenhaal – “End of Watch”

ACTRESS IN AN ACTION MOVIE
    Emily Blunt – “Looper”
    Gina Carano – “Haywire”
    Judi Dench – “Skyfall”
    Anne Hathaway – “The Dark Knight Rises”
    Jennifer Lawrence – “The Hunger Games”

vCash
    So what awards that are not the Oscars carry the most weight with Oscar voters? I'm always curious about the Bafta's but then I'm not an Oscar voter (oh but I wish I was!)

vCash
    The Actor Guiles Award probably carries the most weight outside of the Oscar in the U.S., since the winners are determined by their peers.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by orbitz View Post
    The Actor Guiles Award probably carries the most weight outside of the Oscar in the U.S., since the winners are determined by their peers.
    I think you mean the SAG awards (Screen Actors' Guild)........... they carry weight for the acting awards, obviously. They have the best ensemble award, instead of best picture. In the past the SAG awards had been very good predictors of the Oscars. Now a little less, but still pretty good.

I think the Golden Globes have been pretty good predictors of Oscars in the last 3-4 years. Prior to that, sometimes the GG award winners were a big surprise (e.g. Jim Carey). They don't carry as much weight as the SAG for the actors, I think, but they still are respected, as any award would be. They are also widely watched (on major networks in the USA) which is another advantage for the nominees and the winners.

IMHO the BAFTA does not carry a lot of weight with the Oscar voters because the BAFTAs are heavily tilted toward British actors and movies- just my impression.

Blergh
    vCash
    Guild Awards (like actor's guilds, producer's guilds, director's guild, etc.) carry more weight than Critic circles or organizations.

Other award shows like the Golden Globes and BAFTAs tend to have a lot of correlation as well.

Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash
    I have now seen The Hobbit - An Unexpected Journey, and I have two words for y'all: Thorin Oakenshield.
    He's kinda scary lookin'!

Quote Originally Posted by Vash01 View Post
    I love these categories in the Critics Choice awards. Can James Bond/Daniel Craig win this one? I think the female award will go to Jennifer Lawrence (Hunger games) even though Judi Dench was excellent in Skyfall.

ACTRESS IN AN ACTION MOVIE
    Emily Blunt – “Looper”
    Gina Carano – “Haywire”
    Judi Dench – “Skyfall”
    Anne Hathaway – “The Dark Knight Rises”
    Jennifer Lawrence – “The Hunger Games”
    I think you're right, but Haywire was a pretty good movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Vash01 View Post
    I think the Golden Globes have been pretty good predictors of Oscars in the last 3-4 years. Prior to that, sometimes the GG award winners were a big surprise (e.g. Jim Carey).
    There was talk about Jim Carrey being nominated for an Academy Award before, most notably for Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind. And maybe for Man on the Moon and The Truman Show as well? I thought he was quite good in "I Love You Phillip Morris" as well.

By the way, I see at imdb.com that in 2014, we will be seeing Carrey in "Dumb and Dumber To".
    It's official. I am madly in love with Meryl Davis.

Diagonally parked in a parallel universe.
    vCash
    I have now seen The Hobbit - An Unexpected Journey, and I have two words for y'all: Thorin Oakenshield.
    Back off, he's mine!

I've been drooling over Richard Armitage since Cold Feet, but it was his his leather-trouser-wearing Guy of Gisbourne and his dark-and-brooding-is-he-or-isn't-he-a-double-agent in Spooks that put me over the top.

Can't say his look in The Hobbit is my favourite ... but I'm not complaining.

vCash
    ummm I just watched some Les Miz teasers...Russel Crow is HORRIBLE. Like...REALLY BAD. I think he is going to ruin the movie. I don't understand why he is in the movie...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PeterG View Post
    In most of the promo pics, yes. That's why I didn't really pay any attention to him until I saw the film. Here's a better photo.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by UGG View Post
    ummm I just watched some Les Miz teasers...Russel Crow is HORRIBLE. Like...REALLY BAD. I think he is going to ruin the movie. I don't understand why he is in the movie...
    I wonder if Hugh Jackman lobbied for him since they're pretty good friends. Wish Alan Rickman was in the role instead.

Just me
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Nan View Post
    Will this make me cry?
    Quote Originally Posted by PeterG View Post
    Maybe. But NOTHING like Terms of Endearment!!!
    That's not a point of reference for me, I didn't care for TofE at all.
    If this is to end in fire
    Then we will all burn together

Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash
    That's not a point of reference for me, I didn't care for TofE at all.
    http://www.rajeshsetty.com/wp-conten...tone-heart.jpg

Sounds like you won't shed a tear for "The Girl In The Park" then.

Just me
    vCash
    A heart made out of stone??? That's harsh.
    If this is to end in fire
    Then we will all burn together

Blergh
    vCash
    "Give my daughter the shot!!!!!!!!" *jumps up and down frantically while awaiting my overdue Oscar*.

Briber of judges
    vCash
    http://www.goldenglobes.org/2012/12/nominations-2013/

"Lincoln" and "Les Miz" top Golden Globe nominations.

Surprise love for "Salmon Fishing in Yemen" and another supporting actress nod for Nicole Kidman in the other-wise critically drubbed "The Paperboy." (She scored a SAG nomination earlier this week.)

This is the most support for "Django Unchained" we've see as well. The review are love-it-or-hate-it apparently.
    I meant to take the high road.... but I missed the exit.

Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by VIETgrlTerifa View Post
    "Give my daughter the shot!!!!!!!!" *jumps up and down frantically while awaiting my overdue Oscar*.
    Oh. My. God. This scene just slays me....

And if you haven't reached for a hankie yet, how about Emma's goodbye scene?

A heart made out of stone??? That's harsh.
    Well...a heart of stone is better than heart-less, no?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by peibeck View Post
    http://www.goldenglobes.org/2012/12/nominations-2013/

Surprise love for "Salmon Fishing in Yemen" and another supporting actress nod for Nicole Kidman in the other-wise critically drubbed "The Paperboy." (She scored a SAG nomination earlier this week.)
    Saw Salmon Fishing in the Yemen via Netflix recently; fastest cure for my insomnia I have ever had. Was stunned at how boring it was.

Blergh
    vCash
    I just noticed that The Hobbit hasn't gotten any award notices. Are the critics lukewarm about it?

Page 6 of 19 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast