Page 34 of 52 FirstFirst ... 24323334353644 ... LastLast

vCash
    DAMN. CRAZY.

vCash

vCash
    Sad for Mirai

Happy for Gracie

Happy for Wagner (not even kidding, she needs to learn how to deal with mistakes sooner rather than later, these events will help her in the short and long term)

Happy for Gao ....think she should have placed a little higher but it is what it is. Lot of 5th places for her :/

vCash
    I think the judges got the top two right. Ashley & Gracie are deserving of World trips.

For the second year in a row, Agnes wuzgifted in a big way.

Christina was hosed. And Mirai has been dumped. :

Awaiting Validation
    vCash
    Thrilled for Yasmin....kind of crazy the the JPG standouts were beaten by Siraj. Could she be sent to Jr Worlds? She would need minimums?

Awaiting Validation
    vCash
    If Ashley doesn't go to Four Continents, I wonder if they will send Courtney or Christina? Will Mirai qualify for GP Assignments next season?

Recovering from the Olys
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by emma1227 View Post
    Thrilled for Yasmin....kind of crazy the the JPG standouts were beaten by Siraj. Could she be sent to Jr Worlds? She would need minimums?
    Siraj attained the minimums for Junior Worlds at her one JGP in Latvia in the fall of 2011.

Quote Originally Posted by emma1227 View Post
    If Ashley doesn't go to Four Continents, I wonder if they will send Courtney or Christina? Will Mirai qualify for GP Assignments next season?
    I don't think Wagner needs to go to 4CC. I hope both Hicks and Gao receive another assignment.

Nagasu is currently #10 on the ISU Seasons Best score list for her NHK Trophy score of 176.68, so I think she can be hopeful about 1 GP assignment next season (unless the GP selection rules are changed re. the skaters with the top 24 SB score being guaranteed 1 GP).
    Last edited by Sylvia; 01-27-2013 at 05:39 AM. Reason: to add more info
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

Title-less
    vCash
    Siraj has the smallest jumps of the top ladies. That said, she has some of the best edging in the business, and I admire edges. So for that, I hope she kicks butt at jr worlds (which I assume she'll get).

vCash
    Beyond the wuzrobbed and negativity, I have to say I'm really excited for the US ladies. There is a depth of talent that I had no idea existed.

Ashley is fab and really turning into an amazing artist, Gracie is an incredible athlete and has plenty of room/time to grow. Zawadzki IMO has grown tremendously as a skater since leaving Tom Z and two bronze medals at Nationals is nothing to sneeze at.

It is so easy to forget that Hicks was out for weeks (months?)with a broken tibia but her comeback is even more impressive for it. Meanwhile, Gao has somehow managed to find the magic recipe for juggling an Ivy league education and skating and is skating better than ever.

All in all, I thought Nationals had a lot of positive aspects for the US ladies. As someone who has been very critical about the status of our ladies, I'm happy to say they proved me wrong tonight.

vCash
    Gold was most definitely not robbed. While she definitely deserved to win the LP I actually think her score was a bit high, and her SP was much too high. Wagner didnt skate her best but based on her greater presentation and light years better SP she was the rightful winner for sure.

One strange thing to realize is that Flatt is that it is now increasingly almost certain to end up with a more successful career than all of Nagasu, Gao, Zawadzki, Zhang, despite that she is the least talented skater of that whole group. I guess Zawadzki and to a lesser extent Gao still have a chance to change that if they continue until 2018, but they have alot of work to do.

YEAH!
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by judgejudy27 View Post
    One strange thing to realize is that Flatt is that it is now increasingly almost certain to end up with a more successful career than all of Nagasu, Gao, Zawadzki, Zhang, despite that she is the least talented skater of that whole group.
    Other than that random time she beat Yu-Na in the LP, I don't think Flatt's career is so much better than Nagasu. They each have one national title and Flatt has her 5th at Worlds vs. Nagasu's 4th at Olympics. Maybe you're counting 4CC though, which I really don't follow closely.

vCash
    Just finished.

1. That was the weirdest, least ceremonious end EVER.
    2. Gold wasn't robbed. She skated well, but I still think 132 was a bit high. It wasn't the best skate I've ever seen.
    3. Ashley needs to fix that lutz towards the end, but she still deserved her title for an artistically excellent skate--and a brilliant SP two nights ago.
    4. CHRISTINA IN FIFTH AGAIN URRRGH :/
    5. The girls in the first of the two televised groups (I'm specifically calling out Cain, Wang and, to an extent, Miller) need to work on their music selections. That sets them apart from the top ladies, for sure.
    6. Saving the worst for last: the judges screwed Mirai. Sorry, but she skated better than her scores say, and those tears had me in tears. And my mom, sister and I were screaming at the TV. (((hugs)))

Overall, weird but, generally, good Nationals. Looking forward to int'l assignments.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AliasJohnDoe View Post
    What's the chances of Gao finishing 5th again. She finished 5th for the last 3 years(2010, 2011,2012).
    Sadly my nightmare came true again. Gao in 5th. Nagasu 7th. I feel no joy for these Championships but I will recover in time to root for Ashley and Gracie at Worlds.

Quote Originally Posted by victoriaheidi View Post
    Just finished.

1. That was the weirdest, least ceremonious end EVER.
    2. Gold wasn't robbed. She skated well, but I still think 132 was a bit high. It wasn't the best skate I've ever seen.
    3. Ashley needs to fix that lutz towards the end, but she still deserved her title for an artistically excellent skate--and a brilliant SP two nights ago.
    4. CHRISTINA IN FIFTH AGAIN URRRGH :/
    5. The girls in the first of the two televised groups (I'm specifically calling out Cain, Wang and, to an extent, Miller) need to work on their music selections. That sets them apart from the top ladies, for sure.
    6. Saving the worst for last: the judges screwed Mirai. Sorry, but she skated better than her scores say, and those tears had me in tears. And my mom, sister and I were screaming at the TV. (((hugs)))

Overall, weird but, generally, good Nationals. Looking forward to int'l assignments.
    Couldn't have said it better.

[QUOTE=demetriosj;3810553]
    Quote Originally Posted by smarts1 View Post
    Agnes should not be in second. Could you believe that Agnes would have been 1st after the SP had she skated clean? What the h*** is wrong with the USFS judges?!? ]

I agree, what the h**** is wrong with them! If this event were truly being judged fairly, Gracie should be about twice as far down as she was placed by the judges. This is the short program at Nationals, allegedly a technical program, and what did she actually land? One fall, one pop, and an UR! How did she even place as high as 9th?

We know the judges are going to move her way up in the FS, even with a mediocre skate.

In their efforts to move her on or near the podium, mark my words, they will completely ignore a superior skate by Wang, Gao, Yasmin, Cesario, Baga, Miller, Hicks, etc., or even possibly Mirai and Agnes. No wonder fans are turned off by this ridiculous judging!
    You were so right.

Imo Gracie deserved no higher than 4th based on her SP. She was gifted there big time. Her FS was technically clean with powerful jumps-and that's all I can say about it. Her PCS scores 8s and 9s wtf?? make a mockery of our sport. And frankly, although Ashley still deserved to beat her overall if she had not been Ashley she would have been dinged for her URs and less than stellar skate as well. Had Mirai skated lights out I doubt she would be on the team.
    Congrats to my ♥Baroque Rock Princess Adelina♥Meryl&Charlie♥Tatiana&Maxim♥!Team ♥Mirai♥Adam♥Julia♥

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cherub721 View Post
    Other than that random time she beat Yu-Na in the LP, I don't think Flatt's career is so much better than Nagasu. They each have one national title and Flatt has her 5th at Worlds vs. Nagasu's 4th at Olympics. Maybe you're counting 4CC though, which I really don't follow closely.
    Flatt's career is IMO better since:

-She has more top 2 medals at Nationals and medals at Nationals
    -She has the World Junior title
    -She has more trips to Worlds
    -I believe she has more grand prix medals but I could be wrong on this

vCash
    Just throwing these out here for consideration:

- Flatt has four senior GP silvers (2008 CoR, 2009 SA, 2010 NHK, and 2010 SA) to Nagasu's two silvers (2010 TEB, 2011 CoC) and a bronze (2012 NHK).
    - Nagasu has a senior-level ISU championship medal (bronze at 2011 4CC), which Flatt doesn't have.
    - Nagasu won the short program at 2010 Worlds; Flatt has never finished higher than fifth in a phase of World/Olympic competition.

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    I think ISU judges preferred Nagasu and USFSA preferred Flatt.
    "Nature is a damp, inconvenient sort of place where birds and animals wander about uncooked."

from Speedy Death

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by IceAlisa View Post
    I think ISU judges preferred Nagasu and USFSA preferred Flatt.
    Pretty much. The USFSA and their blind love for Flatt who was NEVER going to be an international star, while shunning more talented skaters like Nagasu, Gao, Wagner (until last year) even when they skated fairly well was quite the joke, but the USFSA got what they asked for which was 4 years of total mediocrity on the international stage while putting all their eggs in the baskets of an average skater (Flatt) and headcase who cant jump (Czisny), while shunning all others. There is still politics but atleast they seem to be favoring the right people now like Wagner, Zawadzki, and Gold.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by judgejudy27 View Post
    Pretty much. The USFSA and their blind love for Flatt who was NEVER going to be an international star, while shunning more talented skaters like Nagasu, Gao, Wagner (until last year) even when they skated fairly well was quite the joke, but the USFSA got what they asked for which was 4 years of total mediocrity on the international stage while putting all their eggs in the baskets of an average skater (Flatt) and headcase who cant jump (Czisny), while shunning all others. There is still politics but atleast they seem to be favoring the right people now like Wagner, Zawadzki, and Gold.

Until she learns how to skate a clean LP, she should never be a favorite.

vCash
    Surely I am no expert, but that Courtney Hicks is a pistol and I thought Christina Gao was very good and the best dressed of the competition.

Courtney is like a bull in a china shop, which I really like. Tone her down a bit, refine her, and she'll be awesome. Speaking of toner, all these bad bottle blondes need it. Get them to a proper hairdresser who knows how to weave in high and low lights, not just plop some bleach on their heads. From the looks of Gracie and her twin, the twin does Gracie's hair, and refuses to let Gracie return the favor.

Didn't Ashley have two falls, a couple of two foots, and doubled an intended triple? That seems like an awful lot of mistakes for a winner when skaters like Gao looked clean and Hicks looked so dynamic with one fall. Are her PCS really that good?

vCash
    Gracie Gold's LP as seen by JPN TV - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IU78A1ezsJA

I'd kill to know what they are saying!

Page 34 of 52 FirstFirst ... 24323334353644 ... LastLast