Page 26 of 52 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast

vCash
    @icenetwork tweeted: " Senior ladies competitor Vanessa Lam has withdrawn from the 2013 U.S. Championships because of knee and hip injuries."

I believe an invitation has been extended to first alternate Laney Diggs.
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    I hope to see Mirai do well in Omaha. Ironically, the article that says there is no hype, creates the hype. Nonetheless, best of luck to Ashley, Mirai et al!
    "Nature is a damp, inconvenient sort of place where birds and animals wander about uncooked."

from Speedy Death

vCash
    ^^ Wow, Vanessa seemed fine at Sectionals. That's too bad. Wishing Vanessa well, and good luck to Laney.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by IceAlisa View Post
    I hope to see Mirai do well in Omaha. Ironically, the article that says there is no hype, creates the hype. Nonetheless, best of luck to Ashley, Mirai et al!
    One article on icenetwork does not hype make.

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nylynnr View Post
    One article on icenetwork does not hype make.
    How many articles make the hype?
    "Nature is a damp, inconvenient sort of place where birds and animals wander about uncooked."

from Speedy Death

vCash
    Surprised you don't remember hulabaloo after Nagasu-Zhang 1-2 finish at U.S. juniors . . . followed by junior worlds . . . followed by bruhaha about Mirai being too young for worlds . . . and then Nagasu interviews at 2010 Olympics . . . vs. one lonely little icenetwork piece.

vCash
    Here's the link to a press release about Vanessa Lam's withdrawal that was submitted to my blog: http://unseenskaters.wordpress.com/2...due-to-injury/
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    ^ Thank you very much, Sylvia. Hopefully her past results will be enough to get her on the JGP again next season, assuming she does well in her summer competitions.

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nylynnr View Post
    Surprised you don't remember hulabaloo after Nagasu-Zhang 1-2 finish at U.S. juniors . . . followed by junior worlds . . . followed by bruhaha about Mirai being too young for worlds . . . and then Nagasu interviews at 2010 Olympics . . . vs. one lonely little icenetwork piece.
    That was when there was something to hype about. This article raises expectations of Mirai's performance without this season's results to back them. I do wish her to do well next week.

from Speedy Death

Title-less
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie View Post
    ^ Thank you very much, Sylvia. Hopefully her past results will be enough to get her on the JGP again next season, assuming she does well in her summer competitions.
    I hope skaters like Lam will try to do seniors, and I hope ISU will offer more incentives for young and promising skaters to move up.

Best wishes to all injured ladies and hope they will be healthy soon. And hopefully not any more withdrawals.

vCash
    (((Vanessa))) I hope she makes a speedy recovery.

vCash
    It's very obvious Mirai is in a different place this year. Her training situation took a lot out of her but she has made some great improvements this season. Instead of zombie-skating through her programs, she's giving some energy and fighting for her jumps. I really hope they've worked on her air position; that seemed to be the main thing that was hurting her this season. But she finished well at COC and even better at NHK so I'm hoping the trend continues.

She's under the radar but it's impossible to forget about her. People know how amazing she can be. When she's on, she's still the best skater the US has...the problem is she hasn't been on since her LP at 4CC year before last. I don't know why but I feel like she'll come in 2nd this year. I know a lot of people are on about Gracie but I'm not sure if Gracie is going to hold up under the pressure in her first senior appearance at nationals. I could be totally wrong but we'll see...

Sad about Vanessa Lam. She hasn't had the greatest of seasons so I was hoping to see her turn it around at nationals...

Awaiting Validation
    vCash
    I also have a great feeling about Mirai this year, something is clicking. It seems like she has matured a bit, the article also talks about her gaining a bit of independence. I think she needed that. Very interested in seeing how Samantha Cesario will do. I was watching videos from her JGP event earlier this year. That Ina Bauer is just stunning, really love her skating. Would love to see her do well and earn a GP assignment. She was talking about possibly including a triple triple later in the season, her injury may have changed that. Ahh can't wait until next weekend.

vCash
    Sad about Vanessa, I was curious to see how she'd faire at Nationals after skating/scoring so well at Sectionals. Her jump technique is a bit so the hip pain does not surprise me...plus she does a lot of loop jumps which we all know how hard those are on the hips. Hope she feels better soon!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kwanatic View Post
    She's under the radar but it's impossible to forget about her. People know how amazing she can be. When she's on, she's still the best skater the US has...the problem is she hasn't been on since her LP at 4CC year before last.
    She was on at NHK this year. IMO that is the best she is capable of these days. She is just already no longer the skater she was back in 2010-2011, even if she is on.

vCash
    Worth noting that Mirai's GP results this year are the same as Ashley's last year...

vCash
    Pre-Nationals interview with Ashley Cain, who is making her Senior debut: http://icemusings.blogspot.com/2013/...xperience.html

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by judgejudy27 View Post
    She was on at NHK this year. IMO that is the best she is capable of these days. She is just already no longer the skater she was back in 2010-2011, even if she is on.
    Sad to say but i think you're right. Mirai is really not any better as a skater then back in 2010 and if anything she's not as fast.

vCash

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by judgejudy27 View Post
    She is just already no longer the skater she was back in 2010-2011, even if she is on.
    I agree with you JJ. There's something missing. To think that Phil Hersh once predicted she would win gold in Sochi. Now it'll be a triumph for her just to return to the Olympics.

Helping Mirai choose between Italian dressing and vinaigrette.
    vCash
    I love all the doom and gloom. Haters will always be haters because that is all do day in, day out. Mirai don't give them the time of day.

Page 26 of 52 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast