Page 47 of 52 FirstFirst ... 374546474849 ... LastLast
    vCash

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Mayra View Post
    Another skater who seems to be doing an excellent job balancing skating and school.
    Always seems like an almost impossible task, combining attending a brick and mortar university and competitive skating! Kudos to her!!

Banned Member
    vCash
    It's weird to see that at this point in the season, Zhang, Flatt, and Nagasu are not competing when they've been the mainstays of US Skating over the past several years.

I could make an argument that each of them were better in 2007-2008 than they were now. (Sigh!).

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Philly2034 View Post
    It's weird to see that at this point in the season, Zhang, Flatt, and Nagasu are not competing when they've been the mainstays of US Skating over the past several years.

I could make an argument that each of them were better in 2007-2008 than they were now. (Sigh!).
    Well naturally! They're 5-6 years older now, what do you expect? A body can only handle so many jumps....

vCash
    Yes, interesting that ISU judges are showing USFS that Christina Gao deserves better consideration in front of Agnes Z, especially on PCS (and even Gracie somewhat). Certainly, Christina should arguably have won the bronze medal at Nationals. Nice result in the sp at 4CCs for Christina and Gracie.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by aftershocks View Post
    Yes, interesting that ISU judges are showing USFS that Christina Gao deserves better consideration in front of Agnes Z, especially on PCS (and even Gracie somewhat). Certainly, Christina should arguably have won the bronze medal at Nationals. Nice result in the sp at 4CCs for Christina and Gracie.
    ITA!

vCash
    Hopefully, team Gao sees all this and ups the ante for next season. I'd like to see the 3F-3T again. It would be worth her time to go for it in an Olympic season.

Gracie did OK in the SP at 4CC's. She got dinged for a lip (the video wasn't great. Is her lip egregious?) and a hand down on the 3z. I hope she brings it in the LP and establishes some momentum heading into Worlds.

Maybe one of Gao or Gold will nab the bronze at 4CC's ... Murakami has a tendency to fade in the LP

Title-less
    vCash
    actually, Murakami has been skating good lps all season. It was the short that she had problems with

vCash
    It's nice to see the international judges appreciating Gao. I definitely would have had her 3rd at Nationals. Her sp this season is beautiful, it's my favorite ladies sp this season.

I'm so impressed with the huge improvement Gao made this season, I found her very gawky in the past. This season, however, she looks so elegant. Her skating reminds me so much of Arakawa (whom I love) now. I really am crossing my fingers for three spots for the Olympics, and I would love to see Gao in one of those spots.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by magicpixie View Post
    It's nice to see the international judges appreciating Gao. I definitely would have had her 3rd at Nationals. Her sp this season is beautiful, it's my favorite ladies sp this season.

I'm so impressed with the huge improvement Gao made this season, I found her very gawky in the past. This season, however, she looks so elegant. Her skating reminds me so much of Arakawa (whom I love) now. I really am crossing my fingers for three spots for the Olympics, and I would love to see Gao in one of those spots.
    I felt the same way about Christina in the past. Nothing in her skating stood out besides her nice jumps but she had no personality or much elegance in her skating. She's grown into her body and has improved just from last year. That's why people need to lay off of Gracie and her sometimes skating through the music and other aspects of her skating. She needs time to become a complete skater and people seem to forgot how she's gone from not even competing at Nationals just two years ago to skating at the Senior level with limited experience while being hailed as the next big thing.
    Last edited by Jammers; 02-09-2013 at 08:55 PM.

vCash
    Gao was in the SP. Her flying sit is so good these days! Actually, all of her spins are much improved over last season. Kudos to her!

Nice to see Gracie had a decent short. Not her best, but not a meltdown either. I'd love to see Gao medal here as redemption for Nationals, but hopefully Gracie can establish some momentum heading into Worlds as well.

Agnes is frustrating. She has everything needed to be the best in the U.S., but her inconsistency is just crazy. I will never understand the judging at Nationals in regards to her, Gao and Hicks.

vCash
    Apparently Gao is taking next year off Harvard to go for Sochi 2014, so she's serious about becoming a contender.

If she can sneak into 3rd (she has a chance IF she skates her best and one or both of Suzuki and Murakami mess up), that would definitely make a statement.

However, if the US does not get a 3rd spot (likely IMO), then it will be awfully tough for her to make it to Sochi TBH.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RD View Post
    However, if the US does not get a 3rd spot (likely IMO), then it will be awfully tough for her to make it to Sochi TBH.
    I hope you're wrong about a 3rd spot, but I'm making peace with the fact that it's a possibility. It's ironic that the US has improved markedly from the past 2 season ... only to have the rest of the world get even stronger over those past 2 seasons - Kim and Asada back in 2010 form, Kostner at possibly her peak, the Russian newbies now Seniors and since Euros, coming into their own, Suzuki hanging on in fighting form, etc.

Wagner and Gold cannot afford mistakes at Worlds if they want that 3rd spot.

vCash
    I hope I'm wrong too, believe me.

vCash
    Apparently Gao is taking next year off Harvard to go for Sochi 2014, so she's serious about becoming a contender.

If she can sneak into 3rd (she has a chance IF she skates her best and one or both of Suzuki and Murakami mess up), that would definitely make a statement.

I don't know I think if Gao does well here, and Gold/Wagner don't deliver at Worlds the US federation may re look at Gao...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bek View Post
    I don't know I think if Gao does well here, and Gold/Wagner don't deliver at Worlds the US federation may re look at Gao...
    Nagasu and Zhang have both eclipsed the World Team at 4cc in the past and it.didn't seem to change the usfsa's mind about them...

vCash
    I would say if Wagner doesn't deliver at Worlds, the USFSA may look at Gao if she shows continued improvement and good consistency on the GP circuit. They'd be fools not to!

Gold would pretty much have to go on a multi-state crime spree to fall out of favor. And I say this as a fan of hers
    Keeper of Nathalie Pechelat's bitchface.

vCash
    ...and then if/when Gao doesn't deliver,...

(see the vicious cycle continuing?! )

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Triple Butz View Post
    Nagasu and Zhang have both eclipsed the World Team at 4cc in the past and it.didn't seem to change the usfsa's mind about them...
    Well Zhang has had some good performances and some not so good ones, I think with Zhang they feel she's never going to reach a certain level. In terms of Nagasu, I really think that the USFSA feels frustrated/tough love with her. Mirai is kind of like the female Johnny although with less consistency. I think they saw her talent, but also saw her work ethic.

They have latched on to Wagner and I think a lot of it is because of her work ethic etc. In terms of Gold, I think if she becomes inconsistent they might look twice at someone else.

I frankly feel Christina was more than a bit screwed at this year's nationals. She made the GPF, and was far more consistent throughout this season than Gold was, why was the USFSA so convinced Gold is the better option here. (Let alone preferring Hicks and Agnes.) Gao seems to be more appreciated internationally than she is at US Nationals...

I can sort of see with Gold because Gold really does have a ton of talent but Gao really has been more consistent this season.. And I don't think Gold deserved the higher PCS she got.

...and then if/when Gao doesn't deliver,...

(see the vicious cycle continuing?! )
    Maybe its high time USFSA either makes rules based on performance throughout the season, or actually follows their established system and really bases it on Nationals......

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jammers View Post
    ... That's why people need to lay off of Gracie and her sometimes skating through the music and other aspects of her skating. She needs time to become a complete skater and people seem to forgot how she's gone from not even competing at Nationals just two years ago to skating at the Senior level with limited experience while being hailed as the next big thing.
    ok, but I think her own PR machine/team needs to lay off then.............they are a big part of this "being hailed as the next big thing..............

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by demetriosj View Post
    ok, but I think her own PR machine/team needs to lay off then.............they are a big part of this "being hailed as the next big thing..............
    I actually do think Gold has oddles of potential my biggest issue her with right now is lack of personality on the ice but hopefully that will change...The lines/posture isn't bad though...

Page 47 of 52 FirstFirst ... 374546474849 ... LastLast