Page 35 of 52 FirstFirst ... 25333435363745 ... LastLast
    vCash
    I wonder who's going to be sent to Junior Worlds... I can't imagine that they would pick Polina, especially after the junior ladies who skated lights out and got much better scores than her in seniors. And I have no idea what they're going to do since Hannah (especially since the ISU judges seem to love her for some odd reason) and Angela are both JGPF medalists, but they're both behind Cesario, Hicks, and Siraj. The JWs selection process is going to be tough!

vCash
    I have a feeling there's a lot of analysis right now on Hicks (who is probably going to JW), Siraj, Cesario, Wang and Miller. I'm kind of surprised Miller was as far down as she was--I thought she skated really well.

Preference might be given to Cesario for spot #2 since this is her last year of eligibility.

“It is far more important to have a good judge than a possible conflict of interest." - Ottavio Cinquanta
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex Forrest View Post
    See, I don't give up on that mythical third spot. Who was third in 10? I hope it wasn't Ashley, but I'm thinking it is now. Imagine if she could have just gone there, done her 3Z-3R in the short, and just done her thing? Even if she fell, you know her presentation and line and spins, and jumps, and overall skating could NEVER compare to the national champion that year. Our national champion that year beat Yuna Kim in the FS at SA, so she HAD to go to Olys. She had the package, right Freezing? The perfect spins, jumps, body, presentation? I'm sorry, I think I was born in 1933 and am in charge of international committee at USFS. Whups.
    Who cares about Ashley's appearance at world's five years ago. Last year, she got 4th and did her part. It was Alissa who bombed. The other subsequent world's teams also have culpability in not getting back the 3rd spot.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by smarts1 View Post
    I wonder who's going to be sent to Junior Worlds... I can't imagine that they would pick Polina, especially after the junior ladies who skated lights out and got much better scores than her in seniors. And I have no idea what they're going to do since Hannah (especially since the ISU judges seem to love her for some odd reason) and Angela are both JGPF medalists, but they're both behind Cesario, Hicks, and Siraj. The JWs selection process is going to be tough!
    My guess is Hicks goes to 4CCs and Cesario, Wang, and Miller go to JW. Great outing for Siraj but I think the strength of the others' JGP seasons will come into play. But if they want to send Hicks to JW, maybe Siraj and Cesario would go, to avoid having to pick between Miller and Wang. But I think Wang really deserves to go and Miller too actually. Hmm. I wish Christina and Courtney could both go to 4CC.

vCash
    Does anyone else think that Ashley needs 4CC? I think she needs one more big competition in building for Worlds but of course I hope it will be what John Nicks thinks is best for her. Last year that's where she started to shine.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cbd1235 View Post
    Does anyone else think that Ashley needs 4CC? I think she needs one more big competition in building for Worlds but of course I hope it will be what John Nicks thinks is best for her. Last year that's where she started to shine.
    Actually, LOL, I was going to post my thoughts on Ashley @ 4CC's but was out running around this afternoon.

I think she should skip 4CC's - She's been having to deal w/ a lot of odd circumstances lately (food poisoning, etc.) and traveling to Japan to face Mao without a lot of time to prepare would probably not allow her enough time to get her head straight. I say just hunker down and prep for Worlds. This might give Christina a chance to go to 4CC's!

vCash
    A very interesting video regarding the final results of the ladies' event.

vCash
    Some thoughts on this bizarre Nationals:

Courtney Hicks really stood out to me with big, high, light, jumps and decent artistry. (At least on the same level as Gold's...) Don't see why only Gold's jumps are so touted, Courtney's are just as good, if not better. Hicks put out two solid, exciting programs that in my estimation were ignored in favor of Gold. Of course Hicks does not have the Gold team PR machine that churns out propaganda relentlessly.... Gao also put out two very consistent solid skates that the judges tossed aside in their haste to move up Gold.

Why even have a Short program with COP? Short program results didn't matter in the end. The judges greatly padded Gold's short and long program scores. Anyone who thinks she wuz robbed needs to get their head examined. She skated a lousy short and a decent long. Does that a national champion make? She had absolutely no pressure in the Long and that's when she skates better. Also, Gracie didn't look very gracious, pouting when she realized she hadn't won the whole shebang. She should have been so grateful for the gift she had just been given by the judges......

Gracie would have maybe moved up to 6th or 7th under 6.0 with those programs.

Why even hold Nationals? Judges just pick their faves, as they did anyway, and save these skater's a lot of time and their parent's money.......

Sickening how Scott H. was gushing over Gold all week, and a fluff piece before you've achieved anything in Seniors? Nauseating. Maybe the judges felt the need to justify the fluff piece? So wrong.

USA Today describes her as a "fearless newcomer"?! She looked like a deer in headlights in the short, and not much better in the long! Talk about spin!
    Last edited by demetriosj; 01-28-2013 at 01:31 PM.

vCash
    Wow...they've got a serious dislike for Ashley going on, that's for sure. I completely disagree with their assessment that Ashley doesn't really have any artistry and her programs were lackluster. Sure, Ashley didn't perform them 100% last night but I've been very impressed with how much she's grown as an artist the last two years and during her GP comps I thought both her SP and LP were gorgeous. Jenny's catty comments about Ashley's dress weren't necessary either as the judges weren't doing a fashion show in the middle of an athletic competition. Plenty of skaters have come out with 'WTF?!' costumes and still managed to give amazing performances.

No, Ashley isn't the best skater out there right now, but I'd say she's definitely within striking distance of the World podium if she gives it everything she has. But she certainly can't fall on her butt twice. And she definitely needs to up the ante technically because you know YuNa Kim isn't going to be doing 3/2 combos. Neither will about five other skaters I can think of off the top of my head.

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    Ashley will be very competitive with a 3/3 and a clean, inspired performance, no doubt about that.
    "Nature is a damp, inconvenient sort of place where birds and animals wander about uncooked."

from Speedy Death

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by olympic View Post
    Actually, LOL, I was going to post my thoughts on Ashley @ 4CC's but was out running around this afternoon.

I think she should skip 4CC's - She's been having to deal w/ a lot of odd circumstances lately (food poisoning, etc.) and traveling to Japan to face Mao without a lot of time to prepare would probably not allow her enough time to get her head straight. I say just hunker down and prep for Worlds. This might give Christina a chance to go to 4CC's!
    Actually you're probably right. A good long period of nice strong training would do her best. Thanks!

vCash
    I'm shocked with their assessments, especially coming from Tim and Jenny.

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    I get it with Tim. He didn't have much to offer beyond jumps so he can relate.
    "Nature is a damp, inconvenient sort of place where birds and animals wander about uncooked."

from Speedy Death

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by IceAlisa View Post
    I get it with Tim. He didn't have much to offer beyond jumps so he can relate.
    "Marge, if you're going to get mad at me every time I do something stupid, then I guess I'm just going to have to stop doing stupid things!" - Homer Simpson in the Mr. Plow episode

vCash
    I don't understand how Tim and Jenny can possibly say that Gracie should have won. Did they watch her short? She was way overscored in the short herself.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MikiAndoFan#1 View Post
    A fairly incoherent COP bashfest and "Ashley ain't all that" rant. Once I saw it would go on for 48 minutes, I shut it off.
    "Marge, if you're going to get mad at me every time I do something stupid, then I guess I'm just going to have to stop doing stupid things!" - Homer Simpson in the Mr. Plow episode

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    You know, I expected more from Jenny Kirk. She wrote such thoughtful blogs.

from Speedy Death

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by demetriosj View Post
    Some thoughts on this bizarre Nationals:

Courtney Hicks really stood out to me with big, high, light, jumps and decent artistry.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Triple Butz View Post
    Seriously, Gold's is not any better....maybe worse.....

vCash
    I only watched the first few minutes, but when they were talking about how Ashley would be a perennial bronze/pewter medalist if she had to compete against Kwan/Cohen/etc., I couldn't help but think "wasn't Jenny a perennial bronze/pewter medalist herself?"

Page 35 of 52 FirstFirst ... 25333435363745 ... LastLast