Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Some place competitive and athletic, but ultimately more like an audition than anything else.
    vCash

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by essence_of_soy View Post
    Well, the 'Jill' factor certainly got Christopher Dean hooked for a time.

When he did commentary for Australian TV, he said Trenary had a cover girl look about her. I bet Isabelle made him sleep on the couch that night for that comment.
    dean certainly has a thing for divas, doesnt he? well, he's el primo divo himself hehehe. maybe he should hook up with more mild-mannered women to take on his divo-ness. in that case, he and jayne should've married each other

vCash
    I've never seen any broadcast/clips with Dean's commentaries (neither of the BBC nor of the Australian TV), but I'd like to know how he commented on these events. Does anyone know if he had commented on the ice dancing event in Calgary, too? We all know that the Duchesnay's career took off that year, merely at the Europeans prior to the Olympics, and they were a main attraction of those games. Is there any clip available of a broadcast with his comments?

...and please, please, don't bring up the thing about Dean and Torvill should've married each other ;-)... there are fan forums with uberfans who are obsessed with the thought that they (T and D) must be, need to be together, would die without each other, absoultely must marry... it's hilarious, and sometimes annoying considering the fact that there are other people in their lives who may find such suggestions offending.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Shyjosie View Post
    I've never seen any broadcast/clips with Dean's commentaries (neither of the BBC nor of the Australian TV), but I'd like to know how he commented on these events. Does anyone know if he had commented on the ice dancing event in Calgary, too? We all know that the Duchesnay's career took off that year, merely at the Europeans prior to the Olympics, and they were a main attraction of those games. Is there any clip available of a broadcast with his comments?

...and please, please, don't bring up the thing about Dean and Torvill should've married each other ;-)... there are fan forums with uberfans who are obsessed with the thought that they (T and D) must be, need to be together, would die without each other, absoultely must marry... it's hilarious, and sometimes annoying considering the fact that there are other people in their lives who may find such suggestions offending.

weeeeelllll, uber-fans can't get jokes or sarcasm, can they?

vCash
    We see it online with some of the crazy Virtue/Moir fans. I believe there's a website dedicated to finding out the truth about their romance and how Skate Canada and V/M are hiding it for some weird PR reason.

Dashing Between Bennetton and Krispy Kreme
    vCash
    Jayne and Chris were very green and to be honest, simply too shy to commentate well. The co-host, Mike Gibson, a chauvinist pig at the best of times, was pulling teeth just to get them to say anything at all.

vCash
    I do remember Chris Dean was very complimentary towards Grishuk/Platov during the 1992 Olympics. Who knew that they would end up beating him (and Usova/Platov) two years later in a competition which I believe he felt he should have won.

Since he was commentating in Albertville, I always wondered what his comments were during both Klimova/Ponomarenko and the Duschenays' routines and the scores afterwards.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by VIETgrlTerifa View Post
    I do remember Chris Dean was very complimentary towards Grishuk/Platov during the 1992 Olympics. Who knew that they would end up beating him (and Usova/Platov) two years later in a competition which I believe he felt he should have won.

Since he was commentating in Albertville, I always wondered what his comments were during both Klimova/Ponomarenko and the Duschenays' routines and the scores afterwards.
    That's what I want to know, too. And when there are comments of his from '88, it would be also very interesting. I just remember the broadcasts, vids and clips where he's shown on the commentator's bench, sometimes talking, sometimes just watching.
    Are there any vids on youtube with him commentating?

vCash
    Videos with Christopher Dean's 1992 commentary are available at FSVids.

vCash
    Here you go.

Klimova & Ponomarenko
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eIxXQWnV_Rg

Grishuk & Platov
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BRlNzp_V35A

vCash
    thanks for posting these links! the first one: very good quality!

Regards

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bardtoob View Post
    Oooo ... I want translated transcripts.
    Translations of this could be so interesting.

vCash

I have always thought Torvil looked like she could be Dean's mother.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678