View Poll Results: Are COP programs too difficult?

Voters
48. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

22 45.83%
  • No

26 54.17%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    vCash
    There's that age old rule: If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 6.0 wasn't broken, the suspect judges were the only ones that needed to be changed. CoP's shifted skating into an extremely technical direction that is alienating long-time fans like myself.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cherub721 View Post

Yes! 3 jump combos were never really a thing until like 2000. Yags was doing 4-3-2 and Plushy had started 4-3-3. I think that was why they allowed 3 jumps combos, to leave that option open. I really don't think it was intended to see skaters doing an ugly 3t-2t-2t with no flow. This combination has overstayed its welcome. Maybe allow it only if the 3 jumps include at least one quad or two triple jumps.
    Plushy was the first who landed 4+3+2 combo in FS history. In NHK Trophy 1999, he was 17 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7aGZXEs4dIE, and also he was the first who landed perfect 4+3+3 combo in COR 2002 http://www.youtube.com
    /watch?v=S7WXLsJlAiw

The question isn't good. The Figure skating became more enjoyable for the viewers by the COP? The COP is good for the FS? My answer is no.
    Last edited by lala; 11-26-2012 at 05:08 PM.

“It is far more important to have a good judge than a possible conflict of interest." - Ottavio Cinquanta
    vCash
    What bothers me about COP:
    - Everyone does the same spins. Same Biellman's, same mushrooms, etc. Since you can't repeat features the skaters have to do these contortion spins.
    - "Getting points" causes skaters to cram in too many things.
    - Scoring is very hard to understand for many fans; Dance scoring is impossible to understand.

What I like about COP:
    - It encourages correct technique.
    - It is more fair for skaters who deserve to win but have not "paid their dues", although not perfect because the score still tends to get inflated sometimes.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12