View Poll Results: Are COP programs too difficult?
- 48. You may not vote on this poll
There's that age old rule: If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 6.0 wasn't broken, the suspect judges were the only ones that needed to be changed. CoP's shifted skating into an extremely technical direction that is alienating long-time fans like myself.
Plushy was the first who landed 4+3+2 combo in FS history. In NHK Trophy 1999, he was 17 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7aGZXEs4dIE, and also he was the first who landed perfect 4+3+3 combo in COR 2002 http://www.youtube.com
Originally Posted by Cherub721
The question isn't good. The Figure skating became more enjoyable for the viewers by the COP? The COP is good for the FS? My answer is no.
Last edited by lala; 11-26-2012 at 05:08 PM.
What bothers me about COP:
- Everyone does the same spins. Same Biellman's, same mushrooms, etc. Since you can't repeat features the skaters have to do these contortion spins.
- "Getting points" causes skaters to cram in too many things.
- Scoring is very hard to understand for many fans; Dance scoring is impossible to understand.
What I like about COP:
- It encourages correct technique.
- It is more fair for skaters who deserve to win but have not "paid their dues", although not perfect because the score still tends to get inflated sometimes.