Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 53
  1. #21
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Hong Kong
    Posts
    11,176
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by GoGreen View Post
    And it seems that his complaint on the then judging system is rightly so, The ISU changed the rules as he suggested, increasing the weight on quad.
    Well, maybe he should also complain about how he was unjustly held up in PCS and see if the judges would change their approach to scoring him.

    If the judges / system had given the quad more value but also correctly scored his PCS, he might not even have the silver.

  2. #22
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    51
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Well, maybe he should also complain about how he was unjustly held up in PCS and see if the judges would change their approach to scoring him.

    If the judges / system had given the quad more value but also correctly scored his PCS, he might not even have the silver.
    He complained about the value of quad, and ISU increased the value of the quad. Maybe you should try start your own campaign to strip him of the silver and see how many people in the Real World will follow? Good luck with that! Who knows, maybe keep posting the same thing on FSU will help one day,

  3. #23
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    tat's fur coat
    Posts
    139
    vCash
    488
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by GoGreen View Post
    He complained about the value of quad, and ISU increased the value of the quad. Maybe you should try start your own campaign to strip him of the silver and see how many people in the Real World will follow? Good luck with that! Who knows, maybe keep posting the same thing on FSU will help one day,

  4. #24

    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Location
    In Canuck Land, hey!
    Age
    56
    Posts
    3,819
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    2416
    Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Well, maybe he should also complain about how he was unjustly held up in PCS and see if the judges would change their approach to scoring him.

    If the judges / system had given the quad more value but also correctly scored his PCS, he might not even have the silver.
    And I would say you hit that nail on it's head quite accurately. I believe that Plushenko has received PCS that don't really reflect what he did on the ice -- I think it's called Rep Judging
    Crazy about sports!

  5. #25
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    51
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    It must be a SAD SAD world for a handful of posters here, This evil Russian Plushenko always got what he wanted.

    He wanted medals? He got them. He wanted the audience's love? He got them. He wanted ISU to change the value of the Quad and the younger generations to jump quad in their programs? Damn, he got them again!!! So I guess it is up to some posters here to wage their battle in a virtual world, where things really count.

  6. #26
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    1,943
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by GoGreen View Post
    It must be a SAD SAD world for a handful of posters here, This evil Russian Plushenko always got what he wanted.

    He wanted medals? He got them. He wanted the audience's love? He got them. He wanted ISU to change the value of the Quad and the younger generations to jump quad in their programs? Damn, he got them again!!! So I guess it is up to some posters here to wage their battle in a virtual world, where things really count.

  7. #27
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    233
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    And it's interesting that lots of people think that inflated PCS only affect the score margin sometimes and the result could still be fair. Actually if skaters constantly get unjust PCS(I'm not talking about any specific person), not only they can just focus on their TES both during practice and competitions, and hence much easier for them to land jumps more consistently, but also it gives them a psychological advantage. It's not a fair play(in my opinion of course)! But it will never change and can happen to any skaters.

  8. #28
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    51
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by lala View Post
    You know my heart really goes out to them It is hard to live in such a sad sad world, I guess keep posting the same repetitive accusations is a coping mechanism. I wish they could get more creative and come up with some more innovative arguments, as I am already bored a bit. But hey, whatever works for them!

    May I add one more thing? He wanted the Olympic to happen in his home country, and he got that one too,

  9. #29
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    ciocioworld
    Posts
    578
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0

  10. #30
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    1,943
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by GoGreen View Post
    You know my heart really goes out to them It is hard to live in such a sad sad world, I guess keep posting the same repetitive accusations is a coping mechanism. I wish they could get more creative and come up with some more innovative arguments, as I am already bored a bit. But hey, whatever works for them!

    May I add one more thing? He wanted the Olympic to happen in his home country, and he got that one too,
    OMG! I'm with you, you are my hero!!

  11. #31

    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Location
    In Canuck Land, hey!
    Age
    56
    Posts
    3,819
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    2416
    Quote Originally Posted by GoGreen View Post
    It must be a SAD SAD world for a handful of posters here, This evil Russian Plushenko always got what he wanted.

    He wanted medals? He got them. He wanted the audience's love? He got them. He wanted ISU to change the value of the Quad and the younger generations to jump quad in their programs? Damn, he got them again!!! So I guess it is up to some posters here to wage their battle in a virtual world, where things really count.
    A lot of us admire Plushenko and don't think he's evil at all -- and you can put me firmly in that camp. I have seen him skate live and he DOES have a commanding presence on the ice. However, PCS is not about just having a presence on the ice. If *some* of you had taken the time to understand what PCS actually mean, you might actually understand when it is said that Plushenko is overscored in some of those categories. This "overscoring" has taken place since 2010 and it's based upon WHO did the program cause I can tell you that if one of the younger skaters did Evengi's programs exactly the same way and got the PCS that he got, many on here would riot. That is NOT to say he likely didn't deserve to win, but not by the margin or with PCS that he was given.

    Giving credit where credit is due, Plush was ONE of those who called for the quad to be worth more. I seem to recall another skater at that time who thought the quad was undervalued -- goes by the name of Joubert. Name ring a bell? so please, let's not give Plushy credit for EVERY change that has taken place in men's skating. That's just absurd and smacks of entitlement. Oh and I doubt it was because Plushenko wanted the Olymics in his country that it is going to take place there. If he really has that much leverage, he would have had them take place say in ohhhhh 2010 when he was that much younger rather than 2014 when his body is beginning to let him down.

    That being said, I wish him well and good health between now and the Olympics.
    Crazy about sports!

  12. #32
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    1,943
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by professordeb View Post
    A lot of us admire Plushenko and don't think he's evil at all -- and you can put me firmly in that camp. I have seen him skate live and he DOES have a commanding presence on the ice. However, PCS is not about just having a presence on the ice. If *some* of you had taken the time to understand what PCS actually mean, you might actually understand when it is said that Plushenko is overscored in some of those categories. This "overscoring" has taken place since 2010 and it's based upon WHO did the program cause I can tell you that if one of the younger skaters did Evengi's programs exactly the same way and got the PCS that he got, many on here would riot. That is NOT to say he likely didn't deserve to win, but not by the margin or with PCS that he was given.

    Giving credit where credit is due, Plush was ONE of those who called for the quad to be worth more. I seem to recall another skater at that time who thought the quad was undervalued -- goes by the name of Joubert. Name ring a bell? so please, let's not give Plushy credit for EVERY change that has taken place in men's skating. That's just absurd and smacks of entitlement. Oh and I doubt it was because Plushenko wanted the Olymics in his country that it is going to take place there. If he really has that much leverage, he would have had them take place say in ohhhhh 2010 when he was that much younger rather than 2014 when his body is beginning to let him down.

    That being said, I wish him well and good health between now and the Olympics.
    Don't you get the joke?
    If you don't know, Plush was the ambassador of Sochi Winter Games, like Yuna of the Koreans's. He was in Guatemala when the Olympic Committee made ​​the decision. Since this event he has many fans in Guatemela..and in Mexico too )
    Yes, Brian also said the quad is undervalued, but what happened? Nothing...But after Vancouver Plushy has said his opinion, and his fansprotested at the ISU and IOC, the european experts also protested at the ISU, the ISU has changed the rules. This is so obvious, I don't understand, why you didn't see the connection.
    In wich competiton was he overscored since 2010?
    He had two real competition...
    Last edited by lala; 11-28-2012 at 05:51 PM.

  13. #33

    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Location
    In Canuck Land, hey!
    Age
    56
    Posts
    3,819
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    2416
    Quote Originally Posted by lala View Post
    Don't you get the joke?
    If you don't know, Plush was the ambassador of Sochi Winter Games, like Yuna of the Koreans's. He was in Guatemala when the Olympic Committee made ​​the decision. Since this event he has many fans in Guatemela..and in Mexico too )
    Yes, Brian also said the quad is undervalued, but what happened? Nothing...But after Vancouver Plushy has said his opinion, and his fansprotested at the ISU and IOC, the european experts also protested at the ISU, the ISU has changed the rules. This is so obvious, I don't understand, why you didn't see the connection.
    In wich competiton was he overscored since 2010?
    He had two real competition...
    What is obvious is that you only see through Plushenko-coloured glasses and I wish to heaven you'd take them off for a few minutes and see that the world is NOT Plushenko-centric. I would venture to say that the scoring for quads got changed not JUST because of what Plushy and his "fans" said -- and it's not the only thing that has been tweaked since COP was given to us.

    Plush may have been the ambassador for the Sochi Games but I highly doubt the games were given to Russia solely because Plushenko wanted them. That's just about absurd.

    As for his PCS overscoring since 2010, how about this.
    There is at least one other competition -- perhaps Russian Nationals? -- whose results I can't find but many felt he was overscored on PCS yet again. Think those who were there felt he got the benefit of calls due to "skating while being Plushenko". I'm pretty sure there is at least one topic about such and to be honest I've spent enough time trying to track down stats for Plushenko. You think the sun rises and falls in him, many of us don't. Guess we'll just have to agree to disagree.
    Crazy about sports!

  14. #34
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    1,943
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by professordeb View Post
    What is obvious is that you only see through Plushenko-coloured glasses and I wish to heaven you'd take them off for a few minutes and see that the world is NOT Plushenko-centric. I would venture to say that the scoring for quads got changed not JUST because of what Plushy and his "fans" said -- and it's not the only thing that has been tweaked since COP was given to us.

    Plush may have been the ambassador for the Sochi Games but I highly doubt the games were given to Russia solely because Plushenko wanted them. That's just about absurd.

    As for his PCS overscoring since 2010, how about this.
    There is at least one other competition -- perhaps Russian Nationals? -- whose results I can't find but many felt he was overscored on PCS yet again. Think those who were there felt he got the benefit of calls due to "skating while being Plushenko". I'm pretty sure there is at least one topic about such and to be honest I've spent enough time trying to track down stats for Plushenko. You think the sun rises and falls in him, many of us don't. Guess we'll just have to agree to disagree.
    You still seem deny the obvious... or the ISU waited until a North-Am skater wins in the Olympics-quadless champion-, and then wanted to change the rules?The ISU has changed the rules in june 2010. Interesting.
    You are right, I'm a big fan of Plushy, thus I know all about him, I know every relationship.
    If you don't believe me, look at this wikipage:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quadruple_jump_controversy
    About ECH 2012:
    Plushy's PCS
    SS:8,89 TR 8,25 Perf 9,21 Choreo:8,82 Interp: 9,25 = 88,84
    He received lower scores wich was worse. But his performance and interpretations were really fantastic. No one was able to remove themselves from the effects.
    And he deserved that victory! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dBJtNXvyWbg Univeral sport. I wanted to show you what said the Eurosport commentators, but the ISU blocked it. I don't know why. The commentators said he is better than ever...
    Last edited by lala; 11-28-2012 at 09:44 PM.

  15. #35
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    51
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Someone should re-take an entry level class about logic and reasoning, so there won't be so many fallacies in their argument.

    Plushenko wanted the Olympic to happen in his home country, and he got his dream realized in Guatemala. This is not the same argument that you claimed that I was making, " the games were given to Russia solely because Plushenko wanted them".

    Someone should learn what is called a "straw man fallacy".

  16. #36
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Sending my thoughts and prayers to the people of Elliott Lake :(
    Age
    41
    Posts
    5,283
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    I don't know why some are trying to make others see reason and sense. It never works.

    Now...Let me get this straight...Plushenko had Spine Surgery recently and both he and Mishin are trying to make it sound like a minor thing?

    Really?

    That viewpoint scares me more than anything else I think I've read in this thread.

  17. #37
    I <3 Kozuka
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Vancouver/Seattle
    Posts
    19,181
    vCash
    730
    Rep Power
    43796
    It's been a relatively routine and non-debilitating procedure in the past. While it has risks, they have no reason to believe that it's not going to go smoothly this time.
    "The team doesn't get automatic capacity because management is mad" -- Greg Smith, agile guy

  18. #38

    Join Date
    Jul 2001
    Location
    Canada baby!
    Age
    38
    Posts
    7,591
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    3317
    Spinal disc herniation is not nearly as serious as people think. If he has a discectomy, he could be back on the ice within 3 months.
    ~I am convinced that life is 10% what happens to me and 90% how I react to it.~ (Charles R. Swindoll)

  19. #39
    Banned Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    In my bedroom flipping the light on/off
    Posts
    916
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Twilight1 View Post
    Spinal disc herniation is not nearly as serious as people think. If he has a discectomy, he could be back on the ice within 3 months.
    So is that what he had? A discectomy? His description sounded like an epidural steroid injection, but he didn't really say much to make me figure it out one way or the other.

    And yes, laparascopic discectomy is relatively minor, and some even feel like they have their body back within days. I had three herniated discs from all my wear and tear and did it the long hard way, just limiting my activity. I did do a 3 round course of epidural steroid injections, but it didn't really help. I probably would have gotten as much relief from just taking Prednisone orally for three months. But people I know swear by the discectomy. To me it sounded too invasive for someone who was not an athlete of any sort.

  20. #40

    Join Date
    Jul 2001
    Location
    Canada baby!
    Age
    38
    Posts
    7,591
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    3317
    I had it August 23rd and was thrilled to be relatively pain free within a week after. I was exercising at 6 weeks and now can do pretty much anything. I am back to work Monday. I would recommend this surgery to anyone... I hate taking meds and was taking T3's, Toradol, Cyclobenzaprine and Lyrica pre-surgery. Now, I take nothing.

    I am not sure what surgery he had...
    ~I am convinced that life is 10% what happens to me and 90% how I react to it.~ (Charles R. Swindoll)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •