Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by professordeb View Post
    What is obvious is that you only see through Plushenko-coloured glasses and I wish to heaven you'd take them off for a few minutes and see that the world is NOT Plushenko-centric. I would venture to say that the scoring for quads got changed not JUST because of what Plushy and his "fans" said -- and it's not the only thing that has been tweaked since COP was given to us.

Plush may have been the ambassador for the Sochi Games but I highly doubt the games were given to Russia solely because Plushenko wanted them. That's just about absurd.

As for his PCS overscoring since 2010, how about this.
    There is at least one other competition -- perhaps Russian Nationals? -- whose results I can't find but many felt he was overscored on PCS yet again. Think those who were there felt he got the benefit of calls due to "skating while being Plushenko". I'm pretty sure there is at least one topic about such and to be honest I've spent enough time trying to track down stats for Plushenko. You think the sun rises and falls in him, many of us don't. Guess we'll just have to agree to disagree.
    Why bother. This thread hurts my soul as much as those 2010 Plushenko programs.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    I think you tell a lie! Because I always see your name on any threads under his name or related to him. In my opinion it is a kind of love

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Glacier cat View Post
    I think you tell a lie! Because I always see your name on any threads under his name or related to him. In my opinion it is a kind of love
    Haha absolutely. I respect him very much as an athlete. I just think he is somewhat misguided and could be even greater if he didn't focus so much on jumps. Having said that, I am absolutely fascinated by his program this season.
    Last edited by Marco; 11-29-2012 at 08:51 AM.

vCash
    Matter of taste.. If that is a bad program, he can skate it awesomely. It is in Bejing. Wasn't you there?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b5lAZtvnkak two 3A, not bead, not bad in a show

The Chinese crowd went crazy for it..
    Last edited by lala; 11-30-2012 at 06:21 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Glacier cat View Post
    Haha absolutely. I respect him very much as an athlete. I just think he is somewhat misguided and could be even greater if he didn't focus so much on jumps. Having said that, I am absolutely fascinated by his program this season.
    So cute!

vCash
    Interview 10.12.12 http://www.sovsport.ru/gazeta/article-item/574901

Sovsport: What do you, as Plushenko's coach, think about men's single skating?
    AM: I think nowadays, men's single skating symbolizes all the things progressive that there are in our sport. There were times when figure skating symbols were Belousova/Protopopov, Rodnina, Torvill/Dean. Now men are leading from the front.

SS: There is an impression, that if Plushenko had skated here in Sochi, he would have won.
    AM: It's your words. But I won't argue with it.

SS: What would you say about Liza and the ladies' event?
    AM: Liza proved once again that she's a fighter. It's such a difficult moment for her, her knee is hurting - and to skate like she did... Let's see how other Russian girls would have skated in such condition. Did we think about withdrawing? It's a forbidden thought. To come to competition and not compete? What is the point of that? As for ladies' skating, in contrast to men's skating, it doesn't symbolize the progress in figure skating now.

SS: What do you expect from the comebacks of Olympic champions Evan Lysacek and Yu-Na Kim?
    AM: Once I told Liza at a practice: "Someday you will get married, will have a baby, will leave the ice and then will come back." Zhenya didn't let me finish: "Liza, never make a comeback. You can't imagine how difficult it is. I won't wish that for anyone."

SS: What programs in pairs skating did impress you the most?
    AM: Three Russian teams are the leaders in the world figure skating. It didn't go so well for Kavaguti/Smirnov, but their free program is great.

SS: You said that Russian teams are leaders, but what about four-times World champions Alyona Savchenko and Robin Szolkowy from Germany?
    AM: The Germans are outstanding athletes. You can call me their fan. But I didn't get their free program to "Bolero" this year.

vCash
    Wow, that is a great interview, he is neither denying nor agreeing with Plushenko would have won it comment. I like his comment on Men's skating a lot.

Satisfied skating fan
    vCash
    I think he was on point on everything. Liza's personality and his seem to fit together well. She has the same competitive spirit as Plushenko which is what Mishin wants in his best students. (something which Gachinski is lacking IMO). I think she'll be just fine when she adjusts to the changes in her body. I only wish Adelina had half the determination, but I digress. When you look at the top ladies, they are not progressing at the moment. At. All. Maybe the 14-16 yos will change things in the next quad, but this last one has been unspectacular to say the least. Not that that doesn't make competitions interesting because there really are no overwhelming favorites. And I agree with him about K/S free program. It's one of the best there is this season. Too bad they often make multiple mistakes in the short.
    Those who never succeed themselves are always the first to tell you how.

vCash
    I am not alone with not getting Aliona&Robins Bolero program. It is just so dull.
    Mishin is always interesting to read, weather you can agree with him or not.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kosjenka View Post
    I am not alone with not getting Aliona&Robins Bolero program. It is just so dull.
    ITA. Bolero is just background music as the Germans go from one element to the next. There's no connection. I can't believe Ingo is giving them this.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Domshabfan View Post
    Wow, that is a great interview, he is neither denying nor agreeing with Plushenko would have won it comment. I like his comment on Men's skating a lot.
    Now see, I would have to disagree with you on what I bolded. What he said was
    It's your words. But I won't argue with it.
    In my books, not arguing a point or statement means that you agree with it, but are trying to soften your stance on it. That's just been my experience when someone says "you said it but I won't argue with you about it". It's kind of an implicit understanding that you are agreeing without saying such. Considering that he was speaking of Plushenko, I can understand why he might not have come out explicity and agreed/disagreed. Plushy is someone who casts a very large shadow in Russia -- he has given that country much to be proud of in terms of how well he has competed.

I agree with you that it does seem he is "happier" about the direction men's skating is now going.
    Crazy about sports!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by orbitz View Post
    ITA. Bolero is just background music as the Germans go from one element to the next. There's no connection. I can't believe Ingo is giving them this.
    Its almost bizarre to watch, especially with those costumes...

When i remember the program they used to have back in 2008. Something extremely difficult to skate to and yet they were just perfect.
    Maybe they manage to do a 180 and impress us all. Hope to see them live in Zagreb.

I would love to meet Mishin as well. Coaches are so surprised when fans want to take pictures with them. I remember bunch of fans making a placard for Muriel Boucher-Zazoui. She was stunned.

vCash
    Wise man Mr. Mishin is; always good to choose one's words wisely.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123