Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 107
  1. #61
    Banned Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    In my bedroom flipping the light on/off
    Posts
    916
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by milanessa View Post

  2. #62

    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    at FSU
    Posts
    3,924
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    2790
    As in you want names? I can think of a few from around here...
    I guess the hard thing for a lot of people to accept is why God would allow me to go running through their yards, yelling and spinning around.


  3. #63

    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    5,299
    vCash
    289
    Rep Power
    41317
    Gotta love how you start changing the story as soon as you get unfavourable responses...

  4. #64
    Banned Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    In my bedroom flipping the light on/off
    Posts
    916
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by misskarne View Post
    Gotta love how you start changing the story as soon as you get unfavourable responses...
    Seriously? Can you give an example of me 'changing the story'? I added more detail, but this isn't rocket science, it's pretty straight-forward. And it's over now. Please show me an example, otherwise I'd think you are just a troll.
    Last edited by Alex Forrest; 11-25-2012 at 11:25 AM.

  5. #65

    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    5,299
    vCash
    289
    Rep Power
    41317
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex Forrest View Post
    Seriously? Can you give an example of me changing 'the story'? I added more detail, but this isn't rocket science, it's pretty straight-forward. And it's over now. Please show me an example.
    It was one of the main points in the "story" that I took issue with.

    We went from this originally:

    Quote Originally Posted by Alex Forrest View Post
    Of course when he sees how much they were, he won't pay up because he probably can't afford to (it would be like me having to pony up like $500 our incomes are so disparate).
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex Forrest View Post
    He called earlier, I told him the least he could do was reimburse me $100 (so he could feel the pinch) cash and bring it over immediately. .
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex Forrest View Post
    If he couldn't afford 100 dollars then he shouldn't have thrown my property away without my notice.
    And then, when you started getting some unfavourable responses, you changed the story to this:

    Quote Originally Posted by Alex Forrest View Post
    This friend can absolutely afford $100
    So which is it?

  6. #66
    Banned Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    In my bedroom flipping the light on/off
    Posts
    916
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by misskarne View Post
    It was one of the main points in the "story" that I took issue with.

    So which is it?
    Thank you for quoting me. I mean it. It shows character that you responded. Okay, I was loose on the word "afford". You are right. I can 'afford' to write a $500 check in the same manner that he could afford to pay me $100. I'd feel the pinch if I had to pay up $500, but probably not $100. But he'll feel it at $100. And so maybe 'afford' is the wrong term. He's not going to miss a car payment, turn off the electric to cover this. He just won't be going out for a week or two.

    Thank you for responding. I hope I clarified things, I haven't changed anything wrt this incident.
    Last edited by Alex Forrest; 11-25-2012 at 11:44 AM.

  7. #67

    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    5,299
    vCash
    289
    Rep Power
    41317
    Ah. I see. More hyperbole.

  8. #68
    Banned Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    In my bedroom flipping the light on/off
    Posts
    916
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozzisk8tr View Post
    As in you want names? I can think of a few from around here...
    Is this to me? Haha, yeah, I probably personally know over 20 people on FSU. Some even respond to my posts. What's your point?
    Last edited by Alex Forrest; 11-25-2012 at 03:53 PM.

  9. #69
    Banned Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    In my bedroom flipping the light on/off
    Posts
    916
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by misskarne View Post
    Ah. I see. More hyperbole.
    Really? Give me an example.

  10. #70

    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    5,299
    vCash
    289
    Rep Power
    41317
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex Forrest View Post
    Really? Give me an example.
    I meant that your references to your friend's financial status was hyperbole.

  11. #71

    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Thankfukky watching skating
    Posts
    13,667
    vCash
    317
    Rep Power
    41192
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex Forrest View Post
    Thank you for quoting me. I mean it. It shows character that you responded. Okay, I was loose on the word "afford". You are right. I can 'afford' to write a $500 check in the same manner that he could afford to pay me $100. I'd feel the pinch if I had to pay up $500, but probably not $100. But he'll feel it at $100. And so maybe 'afford' is the wrong term. He's not going to miss a car payment, turn off the electric to cover this. He just won't be going out for a week or two.

    Thank you for responding. I hope I clarified things, I haven't changed anything wrt this incident.
    A week or two? Where do you live that you only spend about $50 when you go out? I need to live there.

    Alex, one reason people take issues with your posts is not to be mean but because you tend to be overly dramatic & sometimes your details can be picked apart. $120 for gym clothes...OMG that's a fortune!!! Nevermind that good yoga pants can cost more than that. And where I live gym memberships aren't cheap...so your friend can afford that but would have trouble paying $100?

    Maybe I'm a suspicious person but I find it let's say odd that you often mention how comfortable financially you are. It's verging on bragging.

  12. #72
    I <3 Kozuka
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Vancouver/Seattle
    Posts
    19,199
    vCash
    730
    Rep Power
    43906
    Move to Vancouver BC: it's very easy to do dinner and a movie for one on $50, and that even includes a glass of wine. Or a cover charge and a few drinks at a club. The monthly gym membership at the practically new Y, with a beautiful pool and great equipment in the middle of town on Burrard Street, is $56/mo, or $46/mo for under 35.

    Although this is the land of lululemon, I've never spent $120 on a gym outfit, let alone a pair of yoga pants, but $120 sounds right for a nice gym outfit from looking at the prices at the nearby Running Room and the locally made One Tooth Activewear.
    "The team doesn't get automatic capacity because management is mad" -- Greg Smith, agile guy

  13. #73
    Banned Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    In my bedroom flipping the light on/off
    Posts
    916
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by taf2002 View Post
    A week or two? Where do you live that you only spend about $50 when you go out? I need to live there.

    Alex, one reason people take issues with your posts is not to be mean but because you tend to be overly dramatic & sometimes your details can be picked apart. $120 for gym clothes...OMG that's a fortune!!! Nevermind that good yoga pants can cost more than that. And where I live gym memberships aren't cheap...so your friend can afford that but would have trouble paying $100?

    Maybe I'm a suspicious person but I find it let's say odd that you often mention how comfortable financially you are. It's verging on bragging.
    Well, I did not realize I came across as bragging. The reason why I mentioned that our incomes are disparate is because I first felt guilty about asking him to pay so much that he would rather spend on other things. I don't recall bragging any other time. Like I said upthread, the reason why I revealed how much the outfit cost wasn't to be "ooo look at how expensive my clothes are!!!" it was to give a perspective on what was thrown out. I work out most days in a wife beater and cheap shorts (and yes, a bandana, haha) that come from Goodwill because I don't like to spend alot of money on workout clothes that constantly get dirty and need to be washed. I've never said what kind of car I drive, how much my house is, or what my income is. FWIW, I drive a 7 year old car that I paid $12K for, and I usually don't spend $50 when I go out, which I think is alot for one night. I don't usually drink when I go out because I don't like to spend $12 for a glass of wine. I'd rather buy a 5L box of Franzia for the same price. I mentioned how I buy clothes at Goodwill, which is hardly bragging. I'll be more careful in the future though, because I didn't realize it could be interpreted that way.

    On second thought, Taf, weren't you the one who got all nasty and accused me of bragging because I once posted that I gave $1000 to a charity? I think it was the homeless senior in HS who was working 50 jobs and her school expelled her for missing so much class, and I posted that I gave to her fund to encourage others. Certainly it wasn't to brag to strangers on the internet, most of whom I will never meet. You probably also shouldn't go on the Oksana/WMA thread because I also mentioned that I sponsored a girl in my neighborhood to make a point about Galina's treatment of Oksana. It wasn't to brag. In real life I would never mention what I contribute. No one in my neighborhood knows I helped this family out, unless they said something. So maybe I should just take it with a grain of salt and recognize the source. And I find it odd that you would think I'm bragging. I mean really, for what purpose??? I know only a few people on FSU in real life, and the rest I will probably never meet. I don't really care at all what people on an anonymous message board think of me, good bad or indifferent, and I certainly don't have a desire to brag to or try to impress people I'm never going meet. It sounds more like jealousy, and that's your issue.

    And the unfortunate thing about message boards is so much is left open to assumptions and different interpretations. This was not a dramatic situation, it was resolved quickly and it's back to normal. I was upset, sure, I think most people would have been upset if someone threw away their property in a thoughtless act. I wasn't whining or crying with my friend and making it seem like the end of the world was coming. The situation seems to have come across totally differently on this board then how it transpired IRL. Maybe because I only post about issues or problematic situations does it seem that I'm dramatic. Believe me, my life is pretty dull and boring. Why start a thread about how I slept in, had lunch, had a good time with friends and am now going to sleep? That's what Facebook is for. haha. So when you don't know me IRL and all you see is me looking for advice on how to solve a problematic situation, I guess I could come across as dramatic and have a life filled with problematic situations.

    To answer another question upthread, if he had washed my clothes and the dryer burnt them or other clothes bled and ruined my clothes, if he said "Alex, I am so sorry" I'd let it go. I was almost going to let this go, but the more I thought about it the more annoyed I was. And that he never said "I'm sorry" really upset me.

    I'd really like to know if anyone here would have thrown out the clothes if they were in the same situation? Fess up. I don't think anyone will, because it is inexcusable.
    Last edited by Alex Forrest; 11-25-2012 at 10:46 PM.

  14. #74

    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Thankfukky watching skating
    Posts
    13,667
    vCash
    317
    Rep Power
    41192
    I'm not sure what I would have done if the clothes were really stinky because I am really sensitive to smells. My husband bought me a fragrance thing for my car & I put it in the trunk so it wouldnt' be too strong but I had to remove it because the smell was choking me. He said he couldn't even smell it. You say the clothes were wet...wet clothes mildew really quickly and at that point (when they really start smelling even worst) I would have a problem even handling them at all & sure wouldn't want them in my garage on or my porch. But if that was your friend's problem he should have said so. Maybe he didn't want to appear too whimpy. Either way, it may have been a thoughtless solution but I wouldn't call it unexcusable.

  15. #75
    Wandering Goy
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Richmond, VA
    Age
    58
    Posts
    4,970
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    5836
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex Forrest View Post
    (Snipped for brevity in quoting)

    Yes I will work out with him again. No, he will not have access to my home when I'm on vacation. He has shown that he has NO respect for my belongings and I would not trust him alone in my house. Who is to say he comes in, doesn't like the way my furniture is arranged or paintings on my wall and changes things? So I'm not going to be an uber-bitch about this
    (More snippage for brevity in quoting)
    Oh for fcuks sake, Miss Thing...drama queen much?
    "Skating fans are not a patient bunch." Dragonlady

  16. #76
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Looking for cupcakes
    Posts
    30,765
    vCash
    5550
    Rep Power
    0
    Sometimes Alex, I think you take parts of TV/Movies/Books/Entertainment Columns to make up stories and post it just to get attention/drama. Then when the story lines start to get criticism, you change it and can not make it consistent. This is why people "see you as dramatic

    You went to the gym with friend, you left your clothes in someone's car, you abandoned that friend to hook up with other friends, friend goes home, you don't call friend, friend gets angry and throws clothes away, you request monetary compensation, you get compensation for lost clothing, you still want apology, friend didn't offer one. You and friend have plans for Thanksgiving dinner. This friend is more than a casual friend - you have given friend access (key) to your home in the past. I don't know anyone who gives a casual/gym friend a key to their house.

    It isn't about the clothes - it's about the nature of the relationship. You both are drama queens. You don't like the advice or the lack of sympathy, I am sure his side of the story has major drama too.

  17. #77
    Banned Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    In my bedroom flipping the light on/off
    Posts
    916
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by VALuvsMKwan View Post
    Oh for fcuks sake, Miss Thing...drama queen much?
    You really think that's being a drama queen? Huh. If someone shows you that they have no respect for your property, and has a callous streak, you'd let them alone in your house? I say it is being wise to not give them 100% access. I alluded to a few things this person has done before that have already made me a bit mistrustful. Well, one of those things was that one time I accidentally forgot to log out of my FB on his computer, and when he got on the computer he posted a really embarassing status on my page. "I am a raging lioness in heat, and I need five black men to come over right now and tame me". It might have been funny if it was on Grindr or something, but many of my coworkers and family members are friends with me and it was embarassing. He didn't apologize, but just said I had no sense of humor, which I think was callous. Plus the lack of respect for my privacy bothered me. So that's a little bit more to the backstory. There already was a sense of mistrust, but I didn't blow that out of proportion at the time either, it was sort just a 'note to self be more careful with your email/Fb'. So there's more to the story, as there always is.

    And Taf, I respect that you and many others have issues with smells. But there were other options, like just putting the bag outside or in the garage, or yes, even wash them since he washed his clothes that day. The clothes weren't drenched, they were just sweaty. Throwing them out without at least giving me a warning seems harsh. And part of me suspects he did that because he knew how much I liked that outfit. I stood taller in them, felt more attractive, and felt much better about myself in them. I suspect he picked up on that, and threw them out to be spiteful or passive aggressive. Yeah, great friend, right? But that is only a suspicion. I can't read his mind, so I'm going to not think about it like that.
    Last edited by Alex Forrest; 11-25-2012 at 11:19 PM.

  18. #78
    engaged to dupa
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Heaven for climate, Hell for company.
    Posts
    18,917
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    1084
    Yes, you're a drama queen. It's actually quite funny so keep on posting.
    3539 and counting.

    Slightly Wounding Banana list cont: MacMadame.

  19. #79

    Join Date
    Jul 2001
    Location
    Canada baby!
    Age
    38
    Posts
    7,591
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    3318
    I have to agree about the drama. I would have been disappointed that a friend threw out nice work out clothes but I would have gotten the frack over it.
    ~I am convinced that life is 10% what happens to me and 90% how I react to it.~ (Charles R. Swindoll)

  20. #80

    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    6,881
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    89820
    I find it interesting that AF usually works out on old clothes from good will, but on the one day he leaves his wet, mildewing clothes in his friends car and they get thrown out, he is wearing expensive work out wear. As Arsenio Hall used to say, "Things that make you go hmmm."
    A good rant is cathartic. Ranting is what keeps me sane. They always come from a different place. Take the prime minister, for example. Sometimes when I rant about him, I am angry; other times, I am just severely annoyed - it's an important distinction. - Rick Mercer

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •