Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    engaged to dupa
    vCash
    I am soooooooooo misunderstood.
    3539 and counting.

Slightly Wounding Banana list cont: MacMadame.

Banned Member
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sk8er1964 View Post
    I had the same thought.
    Umm, I have no other pseuds on here. Someone just accused me the other day of having one and copying/pasting one of my posts just to say "ITA". No, I am not posting under any other name. I had other pseuds in the past but that was years ago. I even posted tongue in cheek with a reference to an old one in this thread. It's not like I think I'm pulling a fast one here.

There is a difference between being thick skinned and just sick of it. It blows my mind that someone would take time out of their day to just be nasty. It's annoying. You don't like what I have to say? Please, put me on ignore. Discourse around here will improve.

It does suck, because I don't come on here to feel nervous or hateful. But oh well, enjoy it.

And Mila, you are not misunderstood. I understand exactly the type of person you are.

Peter, yes, my filter on an anonymous message board is different than my real life. I'm never going to ever meet any of you guys, and therefore I don't really care if I give more of my feelings/thoughts. As for bullying, well, it comes in different sizes and packages. Some posters seem to feed off of each others sarcasm and put downs of another poster and it does feel like bullying. I've received some pretty hateful PMs in the last few days, and I was like "REALLY? You are going out of your way, taking time out of your day, to send me a nasty message when you don't even know me?" I just hope they got the boost they needed in their lives by doing that.
    Last edited by Alex Forrest; 11-26-2012 at 07:00 PM.

Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex Forrest View Post
    What's funny, Mila, is that you are a joke on this board. I was SS way back when. That you are calling me out is kind of hilarious. So yeah, I'll change my bio to "Badly permed cranky chick, and FSU appointed drama queen". I have a sense of humor and have always been self-deprecating. I'm in on the joke. You will still be struggling with anyone having any respect for your posts. Either acquire a sense of humor and stop being a bitch, or just get a frackin life. No one takes you seriously anyway Mila. I actually think it is quite funny to see your weak posts dissected into oblivion to show the moron you are. Seriously Mila, you do tend to come across as an airhead or an uberbatch. Your attempts at bullying or just flat out batchiness is evident and either funny or kind of sad.

I know I said I try to be nice, but Mila has been putting me on and riding my ass for a while now, to the point of my discomfort whenever I log on here and I'm pretty thick skinned as this is an anonymous board. She deserves it. Keep posting, Mila, because many of us do get a laugh at your ridiculousness. You poor thing. *hug* As if.
    Wow. I have been biting my tongue following this thread until it's fallen off!! But you've gone too far with this post, Alex. You've accused me of bullying you and now milanessa (and maybe more, but I haven't read those threads)?

I'm not sure how to approach this as there are two possible scenarios:

1. Alex is a less-funny ESTA who writes fictional posts to entertain (and provoke) people. If this is the case, interesting performance art, Alex (or should I say "creator of this fictional character"). People have gotten pretty open about how they think you have posted under other usernames. Which makes it sad if this other possibility is true...

2. Alex is someone who has been through a lot in their life and is working his way through things...all online. Alex, you mention that you are not a drama queen and that you are thick-skinned. If you have led a life where incredibly difficult things have happened to you, then your life might be a lot less dramatic now and you have become strong (more thick-skinned) than you were at an earlier age. But for people who have led uneventful middle-class lives, you do come across as quite dramatic as well as quite sensitive (not thick-skinned, in spite of how you might have become tougher over the years).

If your posts are not the work of performance art, I'm wondering if you might want to think about self-awareness. You see situations (and yourself) much differently than others do. You may have surrounded yourself by people who share your personality traits (which is smart - we all do that in some ways to provide comfort for ourselves), but those people will not be objective and they will reflect back to you what you want to see and hear. At FSU you get objectivity. It's not always pretty, but you can take it as a way to learn and grow.

I think I'll stop here, but I wanted to post because I like milanessa and it seems from the posts that others do as well. Milanessa might have been tough, but sometimes we might need to hear what we don't want to. I'd take milanessa's posts that way. Can you see any truth in the things she said, in spite of not liking what she said? Sometimes the things we don't want to hear (or don't like to hear) are the things that are most valuable for us to take to heart and learn and grow from.
    It's official. I am madly in love with Meryl Davis.

vCash
    You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to PeterG again.

Quote Originally Posted by PeterG View Post
    ...snip...
    ...I'm wondering if you might want to think about self-awareness. You see situations (and yourself) much differently than others do. You may have surrounded yourself by people who share your personality traits (which is smart - we all do that in some ways to provide comfort for ourselves), but those people will not be objective and they will reflect back to you what you want to see and hear. At FSU you get objectivity. It's not always pretty, but you can take it as a way to learn and grow.

...Can you see any truth in the things she said, in spite of not liking what she said? Sometimes the things we don't want to hear (or don't like to hear) are the things that are most valuable for us to take to heart and learn and grow from.
    These points.
    I'm honest, just not always in a nice way

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by antmanb View Post
    I thought the same thing, has AF outed their pseud?!
    Which one?

Let It Snow
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyliefan View Post
    You keep using those words. I do not think they mean what you think they mean.
    But friendships (at least for me) are in different categories, like concentric circles with me as the center. This person was sort of in the 'inner circle'. Now, not at all. I'm not cutting him off. It will be a while before I work out with him, but holidays are coming up and we've been each others' "dates" for functions for years. (He works for the Mayor of my town and has to go to a bunch of things)
    AF: you said you were lose on the use of the verb "to afford", but I think you're rather lose on the use of the word "friendship".

I alluded to a few things this person has done before that have already made me a bit mistrustful. Well, one of those things was that one time I accidentally forgot to log out of my FB on his computer, and when he got on the computer he posted a really embarassing status on my page. "I am a raging lioness in heat, and I need five black men to come over right now and tame me".
    As I said: weird story, and it gets weirder with the FB anecdote.
    Last edited by loulou; 11-27-2012 at 12:42 AM.

Bountifully Enmeshed
    vCash
    I think Alex Forrest's question has been asked and answered and the situation has been resolved, yes?

I think it's time for the Quarterly Meeting of Drama Queens, Batches, and Amateur Psychologists to come to a close.

Until next time.....
    Trolling dates all the way back to 397 B.C. - People began following Plato around and would make fart noises after everything he said.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456