Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

vCash
    Congrats Accordion on the Paso.

My only resolution is to just keep skating. Working on nothing and not having lessons.
    When you are up to your arse in alligators it is difficult to remember you were only meant to be draining the swamp.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Synchkat View Post
    My last dance is the Austrian Waltz. I got my first two diamond dances about 20 years ago, my third this past summer and hope to finish up in 2013.
    I've never seen anyone do the Austrian! Which 4 will you have done? Most people do rhumba, ravensburger, polka, and tango romantica. I've never seen the Golden waltz tested either. I want to get all 6!

And just an update - I landed my double axel on Sunday. Super excitedddd, so my goal of doing one before Christmas is accomplished.

vCash
    Way to go Spaz!

For my Diamonds I will have the rhumba, rav, tango and the Austrian. I should have tested the Yankee 20 years ago when it was originally ready but it is just too quick. I know some of net Golden waltz because when they introduced those dances I had to learn them to perform them at a seminar. We only had time to learn half of the Golden. I might take the last two eventually. I have never seen anyone test the Golden waltz either.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyWarhol View Post
    Get thin enough to wear a skating dress!
    Same goal here!

Apart from that my goals are as follows

• doing loop jumps without grabbing the barrier
    • landing the flip on one foot
    • getting a decent sit spin
    • starting with lutz-jump
    • getting more height on jumps in general and more consistency in spinning
    • perfecting double three turns and a lot of other things
    • loosen up and getting less scared of falling

vCash
    My goals are to get a consistant and properly rotated axel-loop combination, and a sit change sit in a proper position.

vCash
    With the start of summer skating in many places (at least in the North Hemp.), now is a good time to re-evaluate goals.

How is everyone doing with your goals?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rochelle View Post
    I had a goal of passing at least 3 of 4 of my Gold Dances this year, but that's not happening... so...

* Complete my Standard track Gold Dance Test (Not give in and switch to just Adult, Adult Solo, or Solo in order to make it happen)
    * Get Double Sal clean/consistent
    * Get that beautiful back-camel-to-catchfoot-camel-to-back-layback-while-still-holding-free-leg position Jason Brown does, consistent and fast
    * Get a consistent level 2 layback, so that I can put it into my free skate when the music demands it -- and work on being able to put the layback into spin combinations
    * Earn a score of 30 + at adult sectionals in my free skate
    * Earn a score of 30 + in my Free Skate(s) at adult nationals
    * Place in the top 4 of the Paso portion of the adult gold solo dance at nationals (Viennese will be a wholllllllle another story )
    * Break my personal best score FS of 33.69 anytime this season if possible
    * Possibly test/pass the Senior Solo Free Dance test if time/money allows this year...
    GOALS MET:
    * Earn a score of 30 + at adult sectionals in my free skate
    * Earn a score of 30 + in my Free Skate(s) at adult nationals
    * Break my personal best score FS of 33.69 anytime this season if possible

STILL WORKING ON:
    * Complete my Standard track Gold Dance Test (Not give in and switch to just Adult, Adult Solo, or Solo in order to make it happen) (I passed Quickstep and Viennese in April, and Argentine is around the corner).
    * Get Double Sal clean/consistent
    * Get that beautiful back-camel-to-catchfoot-camel-to-back-layback-while-still-holding-free-leg position Jason Brown does, consistent and fast
    * Get a consistent level 2 layback, so that I can put it into my free skate when the music demands it -- and work on being able to put the layback into spin combinations
    * Possibly test/pass the Senior Solo Free Dance test if time/money allows this year...

NOT MET:
    * Place in the top 4 of the Paso portion of the adult gold solo dance at nationals (Viennese will be a wholllllllle another story ) ... I placed 5th. Oh well. Close!

vCash
    I've lost 6 kg.... but still no where near fitting into a sparkly onesie

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarah View Post
    Stop over thinking things and get my brain in line? Yeah, that's not happening...

I guess mohawks and 3 turns? I have a mental block with mohawks. I can do them at the wall and just freeze away from the wall. Haven't started 3 turns yet, but I think I will next LTS session.
    So I finally figured out mohawks! They're not great all the time and I haven't been practicing them lately (oops...), but I can do them. I also have my forward outside and forward inside 3 turns as well! The inside 3s were another mental struggle, but I finally got them. I managed to pass gamma and delta so my new goal is freestyle 1. I'm in a weird, level-less place of "freestyle prep" right now so...

vCash
    I achieved my resolution today! Passed my Austrian Waltz with pretty good marks. Had a timing bobble but judge but managed to pass. YAY!

vCash
    I broke my ankle. bapow.

vCash
    I am so sorry. I wish you a quick and easy recovery.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyWarhol View Post
    I broke my ankle. bapow.
    I'm so sorry to hear about that! I hope it was a part of the ankle that will heal without leaving any messed up permanent aftereffects.

I have not gotten anywhere since January, worse in fact because I am still struggling big time with the new skates. I don't know if I will ever get used to my blades.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12