0 0%
  • Zhiganshina/Gazsi

0 0%
  • Monko/Khaliavin

0 0%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

vCash

2015 World Dance Early Medalist Poll

It's very early to say, but for fun, if Cappellini/LaNotte and Weaver/Poje hold their spots on the podium, who do you see joining them next season?

vCash
    The Shibs I hope!

vCash
    No "Other - please name" option?!
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    Bobrova & Soloviev

vCash
    Who else is there?

vCash
    Well, Paul/Islam placed ahead of Zhiganshina/Gazsi at Worlds...
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    No freaking clue. This GP season is going to be unbelievably exciting -- there is no clear ranking.

vCash
    If I&K have officialy split then I guess it would have to be either Chock & Bates or Bobrova & Soloviev as the other medalist. I hope Chock & Bates. It depends how much the Russian fed are willing to waste campaigning on a mediocre team (B&S) just to try and get a bronze medal, or if they will put their efforts more into other areas.

vCash
    Bobrova & Soloviev and Chock & Bates are the only teams on this poll even in serious contention for that bronze medal next year IMO. Hubbel & Donohue, Paul & Islam, and maybe Gilles & Porier and the Shibutanis (in this case back there as they already have a world medal) could get there someday, but not next year. Next year is a year to try and move up so they can get there someday in the future. Teams like the Germans and Coomes & Buckland will never ever see the world podium. A team like Hurtado & Diaz might get there someday too.

vCash
    Paul & Islam probably. Post Olympic dance worlds tends to have one team make a huge jump and medal or come 4th. That will be them. They managed 10th at worlds despite several seasons of barely skating grand prix events and no support from Skate Canada, so imagine now plus with some teams retiring. They will easily pass the less talentd Gilles & Poirier and climb upwards in the world ranks fast.

vCash
    Only one choice? There could be two medallists

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Vash01 View Post
    OP cleary presumes C&L and W&P will win medals. And OP is pretty certain to be right on that, barring a catastrophe (or D&W or V&M making a surprise return). Bobrova & Soloviev are the wild card. They could get massive political backing and even win, or continue to drop and be 5th or 6th. Chock & Bates could medal if the latter is true, and I guess you can consider the others, but since B&S are the only on the poll with a hope of beating C&L or W&P, that still ensures medals for both those teams.

vCash
    No Paul & Islam, "other" option, or an option for a V&M or D&W return (for those few who expect one to be back which is an automatic medal probably for which does) on the poll but teams like Zhiganshina & Gazsi, Zlobina & Sitnikov, and Monko & Khaviavin on it instead? What a stupid poll.

vCash
    I voted Bobrova & Soloviev, but it might be Chock & Bates. The Shibutanis are dark horses if they are given better programs. I don't think either of the "new" Russian teams will be podium-ready yet. I can't see P&I on a world podium yet.. they aren't even a solid Canadian #2. I think they skated better at Nationals than G/P but generally, G/P score higher.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by blue_idealist View Post
    I voted Bobrova & Soloviev, but it might be Chock & Bates. The Shibutanis are dark horses if they are given better programs. I don't think either of the "new" Russian teams will be podium-ready yet. I can't see P&I on a world podium yet.. they aren't even a solid Canadian #2. I think they skated better at Nationals than G/P but generally, G/P score higher.
    I agree they wont medal, or it is very unlikely they will. However they still are more likely than Zhiganshina or Monko & Khaliavin. M&K will be lucky to ever make a Russian world team at this point, never mind ever winning a medal at one. Z&G are a good journeyteam for life sort at the world level.

Weaver & Poje btw will win this time, gaining revenge on the Italians for their undeserved victory over them this year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hertmirsh View Post
    I agree they wont medal, or it is very unlikely they will. However they still are more likely than Zhiganshina or Monko & Khaliavin. M&K will be lucky to ever make a Russian world team at this point, never mind ever winning a medal at one. Z&G are a good journeyteam for life sort at the world level.

Weaver & Poje btw will win this time, gaining revenge on the Italians for their undeserved victory over them this year.
    Yeah, I don't think that M&K are going to be on the world team next year. It'll probably be B/S, and either the two "new" teams or one of the new teams and R/T.

vCash
    If Davis/White or Virtue/Moir came back, there's almost 100% certainty they would land on the podium, so I don't see anything interesting about putting that on a poll.

Didn't think leaving off Paul/Islam would create such a firestorm, especially on an unofficial, off the cuff offseason poll.

vCash
    Bobrova/Soloviev

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Vash01 View Post
    Probably because the much higher likelihood is only 1 team on this poll at most will medal. Or even 0, we dont know for sure I&K have split or that neither D&W or V&M are coming back, in which case it would almost certainly be 0. No point making it multiple choice really.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by blue_idealist View Post
    I can't see P&I on a world podium yet.. they aren't even a solid Canadian #2. I think they skated better at Nationals than G/P but generally, G/P score higher.
    Yes, G&P came back and beat P&I at Worlds in the rematch post-Nationals.

But I suspect that the judges will only allow one Canadian team on the podium at a time. Right now W&P are the Canadian dance team that have replaced V&M as the ones with podium potential with the judges. I don't think it's a coincidence that the judges waited until V&M were absent before allowing W&P to get on the podium.

Likewise, while G&P and P&I have the potential to move up the standings now that they are in the top 10 and other teams are retiring/splitting, I'm not sure the judges will allow either one of them to reach the podium until W&P retire.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast