Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by overedge View Post
    Then why did you start out describing why you disliked Wagner as:

which sounds like you are dissing her non-skating performance. Unless you think she should be hugging everyone and making friends during the on-ice warmups.
    I fail to understand why anyone would care less about what Ashley Wagner does or does NOT do or say...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PeterG View Post
    If this is the worst thing Wagner has ever said, then I'd say she's doing better than pretty much all of us. It's not like the other skaters are sharing some big huge life burden by sharing a room with another person. (They could just pay for their own room if that was such a big necessity, no?)

P.S. Is it possible Ashley was joking? I hear tell that sometimes people don't get others humour...
    Sharing a room is a burden only if the other person snores, loudly

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PeterG View Post
    If this is the worst thing Wagner has ever said, then I'd say she's doing better than pretty much all of us. It's not like the other skaters are sharing some big huge life burden by sharing a room with another person. (They could just pay for their own room if that was such a big necessity, no?)

P.S. Is it possible Ashley was joking? I hear tell that sometimes people don't get others humour...

It is my understanding, that USFS will allow any skater the opportunity to stay in a room by themselves, if they so choose, but the skater has to pay the difference in the price of the room ie, single vs double occupancy. Team USA Olympic medalists were allowed single occupancy rooms at events, again, if they so desired, but at no additional expense. This policy was true for many years, and I believe, is still the case. Sometimes, the # of athletes for the team is uneven, so a skater ends up in a single occupancy room. Nothing to do w/ Wagner being US Champion. National champions have not been given that perk. USFS doesn't have that kind of $ any longer, ;-)

vCash
    Ashley is a very intense competitor and is all business during a competition. She trains at a facility where I frequently judge tests and does not exhibit the attitude claimed by query5. In my opinion fans such a query5 do not help the sport
    Last edited by Morry Stillwell; 12-05-2012 at 10:05 PM. Reason: spelling
    Morry Stillwell

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Morry Stillwell View Post
    Ashley is a very intense competitor and is all business during a competition. She trains at a facility where I frequently judge tests and does not exhibit the attitude claimed by query5. In my opinion fans such a query5 do not help the sport
    Morry, I wouldn't call query5 a "fan" per se. He/she is convinced that there is a conspiracy behind everything but especially when it comes to Michelle Kwan or Caroline Zhang.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dawnie View Post
    Morry, I wouldn't call query5 a "fan" per se. He/she is convinced that there is a conspiracy behind everything but especially when it comes to Michelle Kwan or Caroline Zhang.

When Michelle is in question, I readily admit I am part of the conspiracy (whatever that means), as I have known her since she was about 6 years old.
    Morry Stillwell

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Morry Stillwell View Post
    When Michelle is in question, I readily admit I am part of the conspiracy (whatever that means), as I have known her since she was about 6 years old.
    So it was YOU that told the "cheating judges" to hold her back and push her out of the way for being Chinese!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dawnie View Post
    So it was YOU that told the "cheating judges" to hold her back and push her out of the way for being Chinese!
    Boohow
    Morry Stillwell

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345