Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    vCash
    My Sports: Mai Sports
    This video is the topics on TV in the morning of 8th January in Japan
    Translating to English from Japanese

09:07
    Mao: “Before, I had always thought that I would like to do my game with the Axel. Although I sometimes worried about Axel and suffered from it, I could have kept my mind strongly because it became my advantage.
    In recent season, because even the condition of my Axel had become unstable, I had not been able to keep my mind strongly. I think that the condition of my feelings is the cause, but, not only the Axel, but also the other elements had become unstable, too. Therefore, I thought that I would like to recover my strong mind by firming my basic skill by performing the basic jumps without triple Axel as a base in this season. I thought that it let's attempt to stop the Axel to the extent that I would forget the triple Axel and moreover my feelings would become clear.”
    10:19
    Mai: “Because she had participated to the competitions with having frozen her triple Axel which can even say it's her pronoun, she began to get the good results in this season. On the one hand, as for the relation with coach Sato which greeted the 3rd season, too, there was a change. It became the big factor of her recovery.”
    10:36
    Mao: “After entering this year, I became able to understand the lesson of teacher Nobuo very much. After changing the coach to the teacher, I began to reconstruct the skating from the basic skill. After having begun the lesson, sometimes I worried because I couldn't perform as same as his lesson although I could understand his lesson, and I often worried whether my way would fit his lesson, too. Then, the situation which I try to execute as same as his lesson but can't do so, continued for a long time. In the meantime, thinking, "Oh, it sould do in this way." increased gradually. Now finally, what the teacher is saying got to enter frankly into my body. I think that all as for my lesson became such feeling now.”
    11:38
    Mai: “It is about 1 year until the Olympics. In this season, I think that she felt some response as for the recovery of her skill surely because she had won the championships all in 4 competitions which she participated so far. What will such Mao aim at in 2013?”
    12:08
    Mai: “What do you aim at in 2013?”
    12:14
    Mao: “As my ideal, I will aim at ‘perfect comeback’ in 2013.”
    12:50
    Mai: “What do you mean with 'perfect'?
    12:54
    Mao: “For the moment, it is that I succeed in the competition, putting either the triple Axel or the triple-triple combination in the program.”
    13:11
    Mai: “For Mao, is it 'perfect' if either of the triple Axel or the triple-triple combination has entered in program?”
    13:21
    Mao: “Yes, I will consent to it, too, if it is so.”

My Sports: Mai caster interviewed her younger sister Mao Asada as her first job.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HgkDgzMFZuw
    Last edited by Akira Andrea; 01-12-2013 at 05:13 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NadineWhite View Post
    Vash01, I'm in total agreement with both of your aforementioned statements. Also I agree with the poster that stated the 3axel's value should be raised for the women alone, because only one woman currently does it (Mao), thus marking its extreme rarity and therefore its value should go up. Jmho.
    Except it was raised something like 3 or 4 times already over last few years right? With the most major overhaul value immediately after the Olympics. The new rules change also depreciate the Lutz value due to the risk/rewards, with depreciate GOE values over all for ALL jumps EXCEPT the 3A which has its own range of GOEs, as well as lessen penalty for UR penalties which ends up causing an rippling effect on the scale value on all other jumps making difficult 3/3 less advantaged compares to the likes of 3T3T or 2A/3T.

How much more do you want like to see it changed before completely destroyed the quality of everything that have already caused an imbalance of equilibrium to favour that one jump from one lady which we hardly ever see?

Good luck on the 3A for Mao. No matter what, a fully rotated 3A without cheating is a very impressive thing to see among the ladies.

vCash
    Personally I think ISU needs to do what happens in gymnastics and essentially have a four year code and rules with only minor changes made after the first year of the code being in effect. Rule changes could still happen but would require 75% agreement or something. The constant changes do my head in. Regards to jumps, lol I have no idea what the current rules are but I personally felt the rules of rotation were superior in the 2006-2007 season. A high number of triple-triples that year and the judges applied the rules fairly with Kim receiving the highest for her TF-TT combination. I do agree with the lutz/flip changes they made the next year though.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123