Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    drinky typo pbp, closet hugger
    vCash
    I'm having Thanksgiving with a vegetarian. Usually I make a split turkey breast, she always has exactly one bite (her choice, I don't make her!), but this year we're doing it at her house and she was talking about giving the rest to her dogs, so I bought the split turkey breast and will be making my own belated thanksgiving meal this weekend

today we're having quiche, kale chips, stuffing, potatoes, cheese & homemade bread, and numerous desserts that have not been revealed as yet. But first we're going to our favorite dance teacher's annual Turkey Day class of ab work and stretches to pre-empt all the gluttony.
    Q: Why can't I read the competition threads?
    A: Competition forums on the board are available to those with a Season Pass or a premium membership How to View Kiss & Cry

vCash
    Get the hospital beds ready, I'm in charge of the turkey this year.

Turkey
    Cornbread stuffing with apples and sausage
    English Peas
    Mashed potatoes
    Sweet Potatoes with marshmellows
    Cranberry sauce (from a can)
    Yeast rolls
    Various wines and alcoholic beverages

Dessert:
    Mini cheesecakes

Just me, my mom, my dad, and the bratling this year. My older brother and sister aren't speaking and it's the well if she's coming, I'm not coming/if he's coming I'm not coming so my moom just said screw y'all, cook your own damn turkey, I'm not playing that game.
    "The practice of sport is a human right. Every individual must have the possibility of practicing sport, without discrimination of any kind and in the Olympic spirit, which requires mutual understanding with a spirit of friendship, solidarity and fair play." –Olympic Charter

vCash
    Two of my freshmen students couldn't get home for the break, so Mr. DaveRocks and I are having them over for a big feast this afternoon. I'm pretty sure they'll quickly realize that I'm a far better prof than a cook!

engaged to dupa
    vCash
    People will begin arriving soon and, while I'm glad I didn't have to mess with the turkey, the kitchen doesn't smell like roasted turkey. :
    3539 and counting.

Slightly Wounding Banana list cont: MacMadame.

vCash
    I am a vegetarian, but in the past when I was not, I had enjoyed Thanksgiving turkey dinners. My favorite part was always the pumpkin pie though, and I have kept up that tradition (and watching football).

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone!

Failing her snatch
    vCash
    Hope you have all had/having a lovely day
    Dont Hate! Gyrate!

vCash
    This is the first year in a very long time that we didn't have anyone over...my sister came down from Arkansas, but it's hard to call her a "guest". But really, just my siblings and parents. We went pretty low-key because nobody felt like doing the whole nine yards; still had all the food but we ate off of paper plates. :evil: Instead of making potatoes from scratch, my mom bought some pre-made mashed potatoes from GFS and I chucked it in the Kitchen Aide with cream cheese, half-and-half and butter, and then baked it...SO good and half the work. Mashed 'taters from scratch still taste better, but considering how easy these were, they were almost as good.

Now I'm off for my new Thanksgiving tradition, which is seeing a movie with my aforementioned sister. After that I think I shall run by my place of employment (le Tarjay) and enjoy the commotion without having to work. I have a closing shift tomorrow, so it's the first year since I've started working retail that I haven't had to open on Black Friday. Not really complaining too much.

Sending my thoughts and prayers to the people of Elliott Lake :(
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cachoo View Post
    I found myself watching different Muppets tunes on Youtube after watching the chef. I still don't know what we are eating tomorrow for sure but the everyone's lists make my mouth water. And I also like hearing about those celebrating outside of the US and those from other countries living in the US. I want to know what Austrailian food will be served for example...
    That always happens to me too when I'm over there looking for certain Muppet videos to send to friends and Family and/or to post here and at the other MB's I belong to in order to wish everyone a, in this case, Happy Thanksgiving. I find the one I'm looking for and then...Next thing I know, it's two hours later, but I've got this great snuggy and happy feeling inside me.

I hope everyone had a great day today.

I also hope no one took out a TV by throwing a plate full of Turkey at it after their respective football team laid a..well...I can't resist myself here...Turkey of a game.

*running for cover now....*

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ArtisticFan View Post
    All I want when dealing with my family is alcohol.
    I'm with you on that spent a lovely day studying by myself until dinnertime called, le sigh.

The time I have to spend with them might be shitty, but I'm thankful for having had a wonderful year, a great circle of friends, and that includes you lot on FSU. Happy Thanksgiving!

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    My usual Thanksgiving menu plus a delicious cake of unidentified nature my aunt baked. I can only say for certain there was flower, sugar and eggs. Not sure what else but it was yummy. So. Full. Can barely type. Happy Thanksgiving, rude Amerikans!
    "Nature is a damp, inconvenient sort of place where birds and animals wander about uncooked."

from Speedy Death

vCash
    Had a very bland dinner at my in-laws. Tomorrow my stepmom is coming and we're all cooking. I'm excited about it because I make a damn good turkey.

vCash
    Post photos please

vCash
    Thanksgiving is probably my favorite holiday and I love all the delicious food. But I was dreading it, since following my diet plan religiously and I've dropped 15 lbs. (from the 22 lbs. I want to lose altogether).

Yes, I cheated, but I suppose it could have been worse. I ate turkey with gravy, veggies, spinach salad, fresh fruit (no cheating there). My cheating consisted of eating the stuffing, a spoonful of mac & cheese, a bit of cranberry sauce and a slice of apple pie. But...

I avoided the mashed potatoes, sweet potatoes, corn casserole, dinner rolls, pumpkin pie and sweet potato cheesecake. Not expecting to have lost any weight when I step on the scale tomorrow, but hoping I haven't gained a significant amount!
    "I hit him with my shoes... if he had given me the medal like I told him to, I wouldn't have had to hit him!" -- 8-year-old Rhoda Penmark in "The Bad Seed"

vCash
    skateboy you do those of us trying to reduce proud! And you are so close to your goal.....I'm afraid I tasted everything put in front of me but I did opt to take seconds on the roasted root vegies instead of the taters ( and I love mashed potatoes.)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123