Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Satisfied skating fan
    vCash

The Voice: Elimination round two

That was Melanie's best performance so far.

I'd like to hear Terry sing a ballad next week

Sylvia did a good job as well.

I love Cody. His concerts would be a hoot. I really hope he continues to go through.
    Last edited by rfisher; 11-20-2012 at 01:55 AM.
    Those who never succeed themselves are always the first to tell you how.

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    melanie looks a lot better w her hair down. i pretty much knew taking off a bow the size of her head would be an improvement but i didnt know she was willing to try it out.
    I feel like I'm in a dream. But it can't be a dream because there are no boy dancers!

Sending my thoughts and prayers to the people of Elliott Lake :(
    vCash
    Oh my...Brian just hit it out of the park.

Satisfied skating fan
    vCash
    I hope Dez and Cassadeeeeeeeee suck tonight because I don't want anybody else to be sent home.

That was beautiful by Amanda.

Nick's makeover is amazing. His beard actually looks good. And he's singing one of my favorite songs. Take us to church Nick!
    Last edited by rfisher; 11-20-2012 at 02:28 AM.

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    it looks like nicholas discovered conditioner, if you dont look too closely at the face, he looks like jennifer aniston now
    I feel like I'm in a dream. But it can't be a dream because there are no boy dancers!

vCash
    @ Jennifer Aniston. If he flicks his hair, I'll vote all night long for him.

Cee Lo is tearing up. Awwweee.

Satisfied skating fan
    vCash
    I think Blake was right. This is one of the best nights on the Voice yet. Excellent from Treven. That kid is a star in the making. I don't want anybody to go home. Except maybe Dez. (Sorry mlp).

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rfisher View Post
    Excellent from Treven.
    Seriously? I thought it was completely out of tune and rather painful to listen to.

Loved Amanda, Brian, and everyone else so far (except Cody... I just don't get it).

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rfisher View Post
    I don't want anybody to go home. Except maybe Dez. (Sorry mlp).
    i dont pretend he can sing, he's just so decorative

vCash
    lol! Glad the night is going great; can't wait to watch.

Random; I'm not voting, but if I did I'd probably throw a few votes at Cassidee. There's something about her voice that I love, and if she did something really soft and stripped down and ballad-y, I'd probably even buy it on iTunes, lol. Just something about her voice that I just really like!

Satisfied skating fan
    vCash
    She did OK. I just compare that to Miranda Lambert's version which is much better.

Damn. No idea who will end up in the bottom two this week.

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    ok this is dez' best effort so far, and it isnt just my ovaries saying that

Sending my thoughts and prayers to the people of Elliott Lake :(
    vCash
    That was so not good. This is one of those songs that if done well, it's awesome. Dez did not.

vCash
    Cassaddee oversang "Over You". That song requires a gentle touch, not a Celine/Whitney octave race.

Blech to Dez. He did the James Massone eye feck crap and wrecked what could have been a great performance. He looks like a future schoolyard serial killer.

And why does he always lick his lips when the coaches talk to him and he's on camera begging for votes? Is this a 900 line?

vCash
    I loved Dez!

Satisfied skating fan
    vCash
    Sure it's not.

Very entertaining night tonight. Sad anyone will leave.

I do think this is the best group of talent thus far on the Voice and I'm glad that the rest of the shows are based on performance rather than keeping teams intact.

vCash
    I have this show on as background while I'm surfing on my iPad. I only lookup when it is god-awful caterwauling and I need to sneer at the offender, or when it is good enough for me to go, hmmmmm.....
    Only had it on for second half. Looked up for caterwauling - Amanda; hmmmm - Nicholas.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by my little pony View Post
    it looks like nicholas discovered conditioner, if you dont look too closely at the face, he looks like jennifer aniston now
    LOL! love it and can totally see it.

Cassadee and Dez surprised me. I liked both. In cases where the whole group does well, the early performances are at a disadvantage. I'd go with Terry and either Melanie or Sylvia for the bottom. The show seemed to build as it went on, and unfortunately, in this group, they turned out to be forgettable. I hope I'm wrong about Sylvia and Melanie though.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by altai_rose View Post
    Seriously? I thought it was completely out of tune and rather painful to listen to.

Loved Amanda, Brian, and everyone else so far (except Cody... I just don't get it).
    Agree, Trevin was mostly off key and horrible besides the glory notes, and Cody was pretty average karaoke on that song....

MY RANK:

1. Sylvia- I loved everything about this
    2. Cassadee- really lovely, I actually got a little chill by the end
    3. Bryan- awesome voice, I really want to see him doing something rock though, enough is enough with this crooner/Billy Joel vibe
    4. Amanda- undeniably great, but that performance made me feel nothing- most of the time its like - look how well I can sing! Song choice issues, I say.
    5. Dez- very nice job for him, screw the haters. Yea he can't riff all over the place or hit super high notes, but the vocal quality is nice.
    6. Melanie- the "spooky" or "surprise" effect kind of wears off after a while, its still nice listening, but whisper caterwauling isn't THAT compelling
    7. Nicholas- there's nothing at all wrong with his voice, its quite good, but there is nothing riveting or marketable going on here for me
    8. Terry- summer of 69? NO! Great singer, annoyingly predictable song choice. Step in to the 2000's Terry- you can't 80's-classic your way to a win...
    9. Trevin- I appreciate the effort, but what a mess. He did this once before I think, and it was just as bad. Nobody should try to cover that song ever. Actually, Samantha Jade did a fairly successful version of it on the Aussie X factor recently, but she's kind of an anomaly.
    10. Cody- karaoke mediocre crap, sorry, I do love him as a person, but this is his time to go.

vCash
    Holy buckets! JHud in the house! Nick was my favorite of CeeLo's. Cody is very amusing, but not a great singer, IMO. I think Trevyn is very talented, but he just doesn't do it for me. He's not a very mature artist, but then again he's quite young.

Team Adam was my favorite tonight. I liked both Amanda and Melanie. Bryan's voice just doesn't have much character to me.

It's not what I want, but I'm guessing the two pretty kids will both end up in the finale. I do think they did a little better this week, but I still don't care for them. They both seem more like Idol contestants to me. Is Cassadee going to give us a sob story for each song she sings now?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast