Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

vCash
    So, I've been reading on another forum, and people are REALLY gunning to get Kelly into the finals. Since Shawn is a fairly good bet to make it as well, if Shawn and Kelly make it in, then only one of Melissa, Apollo and Emmitt can move on. And it's close between all of them, and it's unlikely that it will be an all-girl finale.

I guess we'll see. Honestly, Shawn is the only person who is probably a decent bet to make it in; the rest could go any way. I think Emmitt is so useless, but clearly SOMEONE is voting for him. He could sneak in; it's very possible.

vCash
    Love this thread's comments! More fun than the show! Go Melissa, Shawn and Apolo(in that order)!

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Spareoom View Post
    So, I've been reading on another forum, and people are REALLY gunning to get Kelly into the finals. .
    do they say why? it can't be for the dancing although i admit she seems to have tried hard and done better than in her original season.
    I feel like I'm in a dream. But it can't be a dream because there are no boy dancers!

vCash
    It's because of her dancing and the fact that it seems like the producers aren't big fans of her. Gotta root for the underdog, I guess. They seem to think Apollo and Emmitt are overscored (agree on the latter, not the former) in an effort to keep them around.

I dunno; voting and eliminations have been ALL OVER the place this season; it's hard to say! I really didn't think Sabrina would go home that early, and I was surprised that Giles went home last week as well, considering that I thought he was the biggest threat to win.

It's entirely possible that Melissa could go home tomorrow, if people really are voting for Kelly and Emmitt and/or Apollo have their fanbase keep them around. Melissa is practically tied with Apollo and Emmitt, and Kelly has survived worse point gaps than this.

YEAH!
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by my little pony View Post
    do they say why? it can't be for the dancing although i admit she seems to have tried hard and done better than in her original season.
    Based on dancing I would have her go out in 4th, but maybe people feel she's been judged harshly especially compared to Emmit. People love to root for an underdog and she's had a good attitude... joyless, but not whiny.

YEAH!
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Spareoom View Post
    It's because of her dancing and the fact that it seems like the producers aren't big fans of her. Gotta root for the underdog, I guess. They seem to think Apollo and Emmitt are overscored (agree on the latter, not the former) in an effort to keep them around.
    I don't see how anyone could think Apolo is overscored. A lot of people hate Karina and Derek, so that's another reason why they'd want Kelly and Val to make it.

vCash
    There was controversy in Kelly's season anyway because a lot of people thought that John O'Hurley should have won (myself included) which is why they had that sham "rematch" later where the producers tried to correct themselves.

Kelly seems nice but she's really stiff and she doesn't spot her turns and a lot of times it looks like her steps are kind of all over the place. But she's practically doing it with Val on the floor in front of everyone so it's overlooked.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by centerstage01 View Post
    There was controversy in Kelly's season anyway because a lot of people thought that John O'Hurley should have won (myself included) which is why they had that sham "rematch" later where the producers tried to correct themselves.
    The controversy wasn't over the judging it was that there were some serious malfunctions in the voting for the final. The rematch wasn't so much as to correct it, but rather to capitalize on the unexpected popularity of the show. When the rematch drew great viewership, the show was picked up for a season two.

Kelly seems nice but she's really stiff and she doesn't spot her turns and a lot of times it looks like her steps are kind of all over the place. But she's practically doing it with Val on the floor in front of everyone so it's overlooked.
    If anything, their chemistry has waned significantly. Every time he kisses her she looks incredibly pissed.

Soap actors have strong fan bases -- for the most part. With there being so few soaps left, General Hospital fans want to be heard.

vCash
    Melissa and Tony's Argentine was fantastic! Their caveman/hustle was weird, and I agree that some of the hustle turns were off. But, they did what they were supposed to do. They actually incorporated both concepts into their dance. The others, with the exception of Shawn and Derek, pretty much, just used costumes and props to show the concept and did the dance style straight up. Shawn and Derek's 1st dance was amazing - totally deserved the 30. Their Arge was not as good as Melissa and Tony. I didn't love Apollo and Karina's circus dance, but the rhumba was fantastic. Emmet - he was okay, not special. Kelley - cannot stand her! Her dancing has improved, but she comes across as a petulant bitch.

vCash
    If anyone hasn't voted online yet, there's still time (20 minutes here in the Central time zone). I just threw all of my votes Melissa & Tony's way -- I really hope that they can make the finals, but I fear that they will not.
    Lady 2: there isn't anything about me on goooogle, I mean, I must take it off if there is.....
    Lady 3: The google is a terrible thing, I mean I don't want anything on there! (Overheard by millyskate on a London train.)

vCash
    Kelly has trouble conveying any genuine feeling/emotion when she dances.
    Her technical flaws are all the more obvious, since she doesn't have the "connection" with the audience that encourages the public to overlook them, and "root" for her.

Corgi Wrangler
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by skatesindreams View Post
    Kelly has trouble conveying any genuine feeling/emotion when she dances.
    Her technical flaws are all the more obvious, since she doesn't have the "connection" with the audience that encourages the public to overlook them, and "root" for her.
    Your lips to God's ears....I haven't voted all season but last night I voted for Melissa and Tony precisely because I'm afraid of the soap voters....

Just me
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by centerstage01 View Post
    But she's practically doing it with Val on the floor in front of everyone so it's overlooked.
    Quote Originally Posted by pixie cut View Post
    If anything, their chemistry has waned significantly. Every time he kisses her she looks incredibly pissed.
    I'm not a prude, but everytime I watch the two of them, I feel the need to shower. The other partners hug and I don't feel the same way at all. I really watched Kelly's feet last night. For someone as small as she is, she sems to have huge feet. I don't know if they are really that big or if they just look that way tome because she looks like she is just stomping around all the time.

CA wants Emmit to win and she sees Shawn as his major competition, that was obvious last night by the way she scored. The final three need to be Shawn, Melissa and Apolo. I'd be happy for a win from any of them.
    If this is to end in fire
    Then we will all burn together

vCash
    HELP! Rogers tv in my area is mucked up and I can't watch! I am furious! Please be sure to post results. This is one person who does not mind spoilers. I like to know the resaults so I can relax and watch.

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    apolo's rhumba was the encore
    I feel like I'm in a dream. But it can't be a dream because there are no boy dancers!

Skating supporter
    Born in Nova Scotia but living in Ottawa, Ontario (Canada's Capital)
    vCash
    Shawn & Derek - going to final
    Can't skate but love to watch

vCash
    Shocker...NOT! Yay Shawn! So happy for her!

Thank you for the quick hits; I can't watch tonight either so I will be refreshing several different sites to get updates, lol.

vCash
    It appears that either Apolo or Melissa will be going home tonight (results for them are up next).

I don't know how I feel about this. I love them both

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilia A View Post
    It appears that either Apolo or Melissa will be going home tonight (results for them are up next).

I don't know how I feel about this. I love them both
    I know. I want both of them in the final. I won't be happy with either result.

vCash
    Ugh. It should be Apollo AND Melissa, but it won't be.

So. Apollo vs. Melissa - It should be Melissa, but Apollo could have gotten the momma vote.
    Kelly vs. Emmitt - I don't want either, but I guess Kelly? If people really have been voting for her like they say, Emmitt could be toast. But then again, SOMEONE is voting for Emmitt to keep him this long, so....

WHO knows!

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast