Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    vCash
    Here is another video of a skater's blade breaking: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=300uVeL6-XQ

YEAH!
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Quintuple View Post
    - Wasn't there a GP competition where Evan Lysacek sliced his pants open with his blade and everyone on FSU shrieked that he wasn't wearing underwear or something?
    Wasn't that Buttle in his LP from the 2005 GP season?

- OK, random other question. Did Samuelson/Bates ever give an actual reason for splitting up? They'd been together so many years. Did he lose trust in her after the achilles slicing?
    Piggybacking on this... isn't he the one who skated over her hand and cut it causing them to miss Jr Worlds, or was it another US dance team?

Awesome thread!

Shadow dancing
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cherub721 View Post
    Piggybacking on this... isn't he the one who skated over her hand and cut it causing them to miss Jr Worlds, or was it another US dance team?
    Yes. That was Sameulson/Bates.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Skittl1321 View Post
    Here is another video of a skater's blade breaking: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=300uVeL6-XQ
    That is a classic. Thanks for posting.
    When you are up to your arse in alligators it is difficult to remember you were only meant to be draining the swamp.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Clay View Post
    The best version of Hubert's heroin addict routine was at Skate Canada '98, which was shown on CTV. It popped up on youtube for a while and I've been waiting on 3axel1996 to re-upload it. Had I known how rare this version was, I would have saved my VHS. It was epic because the choreography was more detailed. Also, she ran into the boards before she even attempted a jump!
    I think there was a third performance of the "dying hooker on crack". I'm pretty sure of this because I remember that you could see a progression where the choreography was less voidy and ending pose was less risque with each iteration.

The Skate Canada is a must see because it had the maximum drugged up slutty voids I distinctly remember that ending pose where she's shuddering, bending backwards, and almost laying on the ice with her legs spread apart, and how that broadcast's camera was aimed straight up her crotch by the end

vCash
    Random question of my own:
    Did Nancy Kerrigan ever do pair skating? I tried to google, but didn't find anything. I was watching this
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pmWGr...feature=relmfu
    and if I'm not mistaken one of the commentators is Nancy Kerrigan and they talk about her being a pair skater? Or am I hallucinating?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CantALoop View Post
    The Skate Canada is a must see because it had the maximum drugged up slutty voids I distinctly remember that ending pose where she's shuddering, bending backwards, and almost laying on the ice with her legs spread apart, and how that broadcast's camera was aimed straight up her crotch by the end
    Let's hope someone uploads it soon.

Quote Originally Posted by aemeraldrainc View Post
    Did Nancy Kerrigan ever do pair skating? I tried to google, but didn't find anything. I was watching this
    and if I'm not mistaken one of the commentators is Nancy Kerrigan and they talk about her being a pair skater? Or am I hallucinating?
    I'm not sure about competitively, but she skated with Paul Wylie in several shows, including the 1992 Olympics gala. When Paul turned pro in 1992, Kerrigan had mentioned she missed skating with him after her singles practices. Paul had skated with Dana Graham in the early 80s.

vCash
    Omg, I found all of Laetitia's Hooker on Crack programs on my old laptop! I knew there were three!

In chronological order (also from most to least tragik):
    Skate Canada
    Trophee Lalique
    Cup of Russia

Make sure to save them all while you can before some tries to have it taken down like the old ones!
    Last edited by CantALoop; 11-21-2012 at 01:35 AM.

vCash
    Omg, I had a copy of the Skate Canada video on my old laptop!

Laetitia Hubert's Hooker on Crack lives!

Make sure to save it while it's still available before some tries to have it taken down like the old one.
    You rock like a beast!

Just as epic as I remember!

Someone probably found the crotch shot offensive when it was last posted?? I remember the original youtube poster confused about the why the program was such a big deal.
    The legacy lives on, but we never found out anything about the program from Hubert. The music was never identified either.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shan View Post
    I don't know if this is the video with him interacting with the judge, but it is um kind of odd....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lwWknPW_SMg
    That's the program, but it doesn't include the end.

vCash
    Did Nancy Kerrigan ever do pair skating?
    I'm pretty sure I once read that she did compete in pairs at novice or junior level, back in the 1980s. I don't remember details, including where I got that information from, so I can't verify.

vCash
    Omg, I found all of Laetitia's Hooker on Crack programs on my old laptop! I knew there were three!

Skate Canada
    Trophee Lalique
    Cup of Russia

Make sure to save them all while you can before some tries to have it taken down like the old ones!
    You're an aboslute legend! Thank you so much.

I'm absolutely loving this thread- between Markova voids and Huebert crackwhore voids this thread is epic.

vCash

I found this on Icenetwork about Bobby Martin - http://web.icenetwork.com/news/artic...&vkey=ice_news

Bobby first competed in singles skating, going to the U.S. Championships in 1980 as a novice man. After his career was derailed by an accident, he took up pairs with Nancy Kerrigan. They went as far as the national championships as juniors, although Bobby can't remember where they placed -- "Eighth, maybe," he said.

In 1988, Bobby and Nancy filmed a Coca-Cola commercial in which she played a Russian figure skater and he was an American hockey player. Getting paid for it put an end to Bobby's eligibility as a skater, although by that point he was in college and playing baseball anyway. Nancy put her fee into an approved fund, thus staying eligible for the rest of her illustrious career.
    I remember that ad.

vCash

Skate Canada
    Trophee Lalique
    Cup of Russia

Your video description,

Laetitia Hubert Skate Canada 1998 "Prostitute on Crack" Free Skate
    I do not claim any ownership or copyright to this video.
    This video is intended for educational purposes about the dangers of drugs, prostitution, slutty voids, and no teknik.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by A.H.Black View Post
    I found this on Icenetwork about Bobby Martin - http://web.icenetwork.com/news/artic...&vkey=ice_news
    Thanks for the link! Martin currently co-coaches 3 pair teams going to 2013 Nationals: Castelli/Shnapir (at NHK Trophy this week) and Donlan/Speroff in Sr. and Shaughnessy/Morgan in Jr.
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash

That program is nothing short of epic!! LOL!
    'Life's hard. It's even harder when you're stupid.'--John Wayne

vCash
    Dear skategods, I admit that I am powerless over my addiction to Laetitia Hubert's "Heroin Addict" Free Skate. I admit that my life is unmanageable when I try to control it. Help me this day to understand the true meaning of powerlessness. Remove from me all denial of my addiction.

In the middle of a hair war with Alena Leonova.
    vCash
    OMG, thank you so much for uploading the progression of the routine. I hope Hubert did not go to the Lee Strasberg school of method acting for this!

I never could decide whether Hubert was an amazing skater for her speed and big jumps (when she landed them) that barely required effort because of her speed ... or whether she was just sloppy all around. Maybe both? Also, why suddenly did ALL her choreography involve swatting flies in front of her face? From Dead Can Dance where she's crossing herself in prayer and swatting the gnats off her prehistoric mammoth hide, to the '98 Olympics tinkly music, to hooker on krokodil.

In the middle of a hair war with Alena Leonova.
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cherub721 View Post
    Wasn't that Buttle in his LP from the 2005 GP season?
    I think it was Lysacek 2005 NHK Trophy LP. Not on YouTube of course! I seriously remember FSUers squelching at the sight of his tan ... ... well there's no polite euphemism.

Banned Member
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by walei View Post
    Your video description,

Laetitia Hubert Skate Canada 1998 "Prostitute on Crack" Free Skate
    I do not claim any ownership or copyright to this video.
    This video is intended for educational purposes about the dangers of drugs, prostitution, slutty voids, and no teknik.

Oh god, a very old friend from the old Skatefans@udel showed me this, but I thought she actually did tie her arm off and pretend to inject heroin or crack into a vein??? I only watched the Skate Canada one, she was so bad. What I remember about Hubert, besides being the human Zamboni, was a commentator (Peter Carruthers maybe?) saying she reminds one of Nadia Comenici and I was all "WHAT THE FCUK???!!!" Girl is in no teknik, has no musical interp and no body to interp anyway. I wanted to see her inject heroin, which you would think would add to her PCS.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast