Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    That's the problem though. If you don't enforce that rule with one of them, you can't really expect to enforce it with the other.
    I think for the next one, you shouldn't enforce it at all - just let him/her know that IF they have overnight guests, they have to be considerate. My roommate's girlfriend moved in for 5 months and it didn't bother me. Another roommate's boyfriend stayed for 2 weeks and I nearly murdered him. Much depends on the individual!
    One day your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it's worth watching.

Rejecting your reality and substituting my own
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex Forrest View Post
    It's funny because I'm having issues with my bff's landlord. I was always spending the night and he wanted me to put my name on the lease, which I thought was odd. I own a house. He started complaining that my car was always parked outside ON THE STREET and was taking up space. And because I would go out and smoke at all hours, the apartment now has an anti-smoking policy and it's OUTSIDE. I can smoke inside the apartment, but I hate smoking inside because of the smell. But I can't smoke OUTSIDE. Crazy. This landlord is like a nazi and is always on my ass. I never pay attention but I somehow through osmosis learned the pass code to the gate, because I guess my subconscious pays attention to details. The next day my friend got a letter that said I wasn't welcome. Uggh. I can't stand landlords. I spent the night there last night and at least didn't see him.

SIX roommates? Wow. Do you share bedrooms? In college I did the four fratboy, two BR bs. The problem was when you're already in bed and your roommate brings someone back to the room and has sex and wakes you up. You're basically paralyzed for the time being, and don't know if it's rude to get up and leave or just pretend to sleep through it. I picked the nerdiest pre-med to share a bedroom with and thought I'd be safe because he had NO game. But he somehow found it. And there's nothing worse than hearing a nerd do dirty talk. At times I almost burst out laughing even though I knew I had to pretend I was asleep. Eeek. Ground rules are very important, and there should be no exceptions.

I eventually learned that I needed no roommate and my life was simplified and smooth sailing. Roommates are nothing but a problem I came to the conclusion.
    My retirement account, on my entry level salary, begs to differ. I've saved a ton of money by living with roommates. But I've gotten pretty lucky and had no crazy ones aside from the OCD housemate to whom I made clear I couldn't be pushed around. (He left me alone after that.) And I've always had my own room.

Quote Originally Posted by BigB08822 View Post
    Really now? So its not your fault that you used the code that you aren't supposed to have because it was your subconscious who stole the pass code?
    Quote Originally Posted by *Jen* View Post
    If you have a house, why doesn't your bff stay there?
    True observations.

Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    That's the problem though. If you don't enforce that rule with one of them, you can't really expect to enforce it with the other.
    The issue there was noise and discreetness, not necessarily the "no guest" rule. If roommate #2 was quiet and discreet with his gf, there would be no problem.

Banned Member
    vCash
    "
    Quote Originally Posted by *Jen* View Post
    If you have a house, why doesn't your bff stay there?
    The three things that matter in real estate. Location. Location. And Location. Plus his apt is awesome and his neighbors are insane. It's like a Melrose Place with no meds and no condoms or birth control pills. But we're still responsible. The fact that we aren't all pregnant or syphilitic is amazing, though I'm sure that focking landlord would peg it all on me anyway.The landlord has said "Alex is really bad news and my job is to rid this place of undesirables." Ummm, contract maybe? And when I'm not boiling bunnies I am a very sweet person. The landlord chooses not to see my good side, as it were.
    Last edited by Alex Forrest; 01-21-2013 at 12:54 AM.

Banned Member
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BigB08822 View Post
    Really now? So its not your fault that you used the code that you aren't supposed to have because it was your subconscious who stole the pass code?
    You will laugh, because this new years it was like four in the morning and the token drunk straight guy was a mess. He offered a hundred bucks to anyone who could figure out his four number passcode on his phone. I got it on the first try, and everyone just stopped and thought I was a brain. No. Patterns are obvious. At least to me, but then I guess an autistic would hone in on the patterns immediately. It was pretty funny, because I got all four numbers right away and they didn't know if I was a genius or a psychopath. hehe Hacking passwords is child's play, my friend, when you know someone well. At least my passwords are too hard for even me to figure out.
    Last edited by Alex Forrest; 01-21-2013 at 01:13 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex Forrest View Post
    You will laugh, because this new years it was like four in the morning and the token drunk straight guy was a mess. He offered a hundred bucks to anyone who could figure out his four number passcode on his phone. I got it on the first try, and everyone just stopped and thought I was a brain. No. Patterns are obvious. At least to me, but then I guess an autistic would hone in on the patterns immediately. It was pretty funny, because I got all four numbers right away and they didn't know if I was a genius or a psychopath. hehe Hacking passwords is child's play, my friend, when you know someone well. At least my passwords are too hard for even me to figure out.
    Um, the point is, even if you KNEW it, you shouldn't used it freely like you lived there. Because you didn't.

Banned Member
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Anita18 View Post
    Um, the point is, even if you KNEW it, you shouldn't used it freely like you lived there. Because you didn't.
    I agree, except I really never learned it. I'm pretty musical, and I learned the pass code from the sound of it. Yep, I'm getting to rain man. Never even paid attention, next thing I know I'm knee deep in it all.

vCash
    How you learned it has nothing to do with the fact that you shouldn't use it if you don't live there. It's not an excuse. I'm not even sure why you wrote it. And memorizing things via their musical sound is pretty common and not even close to Rain Man territory.

vCash
    Alex Forrest just has no clue.

vCash
    The three things that matter in real estate. Location. Location. And Location. Plus his apt is awesome and his neighbors are insane. It's like a Melrose Place with no meds and no condoms or birth control pills. But we're still responsible. The fact that we aren't all pregnant or syphilitic is amazing, though I'm sure that focking landlord would peg it all on me anyway.The landlord has said "Alex is really bad news and my job is to rid this place of undesirables." Ummm, contract maybe? And when I'm not boiling bunnies I am a very sweet person. The landlord chooses not to see my good side, as it were.
    None of this remotely makes any sense.

Your BFF's landlord is very astute, it seems.

To the OP: Finding a nice senior with an ensuite bedroom situation for rent can not only be very affordable, it's really quiet and you might even come home to find your laundry clean and folded. Maybe ironed.

Banned Member
    vCash
    Haha, I'll boil your bunny or kidnap your transgendered son or daughter (still never figured that one out was that a boy or a girl??). LOL. But I'm good people. Trust me.

engaged to dupa
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by leesaleesa View Post
    None of this remotely makes any sense.

Your BFF's landlord is very astute, it seems.
    Ain't it the truth.
    3539 and counting.

Slightly Wounding Banana list cont: MacMadame.

Banned Member
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by milanessa View Post
    Ain't it the truth.
    I love Mila. Hugs, baby doll. LOL

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12