Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by znachki View Post
    My favorite were Susi-Q's
    Mine as well. O, Suzy Q, Suzy Q! Wherefore art thou no more, Suzy Q?
    Lady 2: there isn't anything about me on goooogle, I mean, I must take it off if there is.....
    Lady 3: The google is a terrible thing, I mean I don't want anything on there! (Overheard by millyskate on a London train.)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sk8er1964 View Post
    http://www.usatoday.com/story/money/...stess/1708127/

Well, I hope they enjoy their unemployment. I expect that they will also lose a parts or all of their pensions, depending on how things are set up there, and they will lose their health care too. Sometimes the stupidity of unions amazes me.

I feel bad for the Teamsters Union members (as well as for the non-union employees).
    Totally agree. My favorite was Suzy Q too. But, I remember them tasting different when I was a child.

Saint Smugpawski
    Cutting Down Privet Because Food Prices Are Going Up Next Year
    vCash
    Twinkies aren't like they were in the 70s, either.

And don't get me started on the new-fangled rounded edges on Doritos.
    The fastest thing out of New Jersey since Tricky Nicky in a Muscovian handbasket

Diagonally parked in a parallel universe.
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenny View Post
    And of course you'll want a copy of this: The Twinkies Cookbook.
    Good grief!!

And did you see what popped up as a "customers who viewed this item also bought"?

A "Cream Canoe Pan." http://www.amazon.com/Norpro-3964-Cr...ref=pd_sim_b_1

(In case you were wondering what the generic term is for Twinkie. Apparently it's "Cream Canoe.")

I feel like I need an insulin shot just reading this thread.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Southpaw View Post

I remember the filling tasting more like real vanilla butter cream frosting. Not so fake.

Haven't had a Dorito in so long, I don't think I've seen the rounded edges. When did that start?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PrincessLeppard View Post
    Does Hostess make Zingers? If so
    Dolly Madson?

Instead of just blaming unions, perhaps the company was already going broke do to America's desire not to eat cr@p.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparks View Post
    Dolly Madson?

Instead of just blaming unions, perhaps the company was already going broke do to America's desire not to eat cr@p.
    I think it is more about the short sightedness of those on strike hoping the company goes under. That might feel good in a revenge sort of way. But, they lose their jobs. Is it better to have less or nothing?

Drawing Figures
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cruisin View Post
    Is it better to have less or nothing?
    Didn't read all the details about these strikers, but that's what Circuit City told it's employees too. Union or not, employees do at some point just have to say no to being "Circuit Citied" by some of the large corporations who are willing to sacrifice quality, manipulate numbers & use whatever means lacking in integrity to make an extra .01 on the dollar & pay the huge CEO bonuses.

There's still Tastykake! (or at least I think there is...) Krimpet lovers unite!

vCash
    I've never eaten a twinkie or a ding dong, but I read about them in Baby Sitters' Club when I was a kid!

vCash
    According to some articles I have read (and it is mentioned in the article with the recipe), the top brass got the company up to its ears in debt ... and then asked the workers to take another cut in pay and benefits. But, the top brass finds it much easier to blame the unions rather than taking personal responsibility for their own decisions.

Loving on babies!
    vCash
    I haven't had a Twinkie in over 40 years, since the "Great Twinkie Rebellion" at age 4, when I started flushing them down the toilet for the TidyBowl man (google it, children). Needless to say, for me, they won't be missed.
    I am free of all prejudices. I hate everyone equally.~W. C. Fields

engaged to dupa
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cruisin View Post
    Is it better to have less or nothing?
    Just like me and you those workers have bought homes and cars based on their income. Some are sending their kids through college. Some are supporting elderly parents. I haven't heard any figures as to how much of a cut in pay and benefits they were asked to take, only that it was "deep". Kind of like being asked to pay more taxes to keep the US afloat, isn't it? Upsets retirement plans and everyday life when you've trusted in a contract.
    Last edited by milanessa; 11-17-2012 at 02:22 AM.
    3539 and counting.

Slightly Wounding Banana list cont: MacMadame.

vCash
    Little Debbie marshmallow treats (aka rice krispie bars) are AMAZING.

Haven't had hostess in years, but the hohos will be missed and Suzie Q's, well, those were decadent. However, they are made by a few others, so - phew!

Hostess products are seriously scary. Whenever I ate one as a kid, I alwys regretted it.
    Keeper of Nathalie Pechelat's bitchface.

aka IceSkate98
    vCash
    Awwww! I remember my brother and me riding our bikes to the corner store when either our mom or dad would give each of us a dime. Hostess cupcakes were a nickel (two to a package) and the 6 ounce bottled cokes were a nickel. I believe they were 6 ounce bottles or either 7 ounce. It was always a treat when we got that dime. That was around 1965 or 1966.
    Angie
    “I have not failed. I’ve just found 10,000 ways that won’t work.” ~ Thomas A. Edison

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Artistic Skaters View Post
    Didn't read all the details about these strikers, but that's what Circuit City told it's employees too. Union or not, employees do at some point just have to say no to being "Circuit Citied" by some of the large corporations who are willing to sacrifice quality, manipulate numbers & use whatever means lacking in integrity to make an extra .01 on the dollar & pay the huge CEO bonuses.

There's still Tastykake! (or at least I think there is...) Krimpet lovers unite!
    I have the same view (also still have not read details). The few people that I knew who used to work for them were supporting families on what they made and I don't recall it being lavish (again no full details).

I haven't eaten their goods in a while but some say they are not making them the same. Worse in texture and taste. The bigger guy on TMZ (lol-I just happened by his comments) said they don't have the same amount of white cream in them that they used to. I guess he'd know.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Southpaw View Post

What?! Now that's messed up.

Saint Smugpawski
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasey View Post
    I haven't had a Twinkie in over 40 years, since the "Great Twinkie Rebellion" at age 4, when I started flushing them down the toilet for the TidyBowl man (google it, children). Needless to say, for me, they won't be missed.
    What? None for the Scrubbing Bubbles? How about Mr. Whipple? Don't they rate?
    The fastest thing out of New Jersey since Tricky Nicky in a Muscovian handbasket

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by milanessa View Post
    Oooooooh. I used to eat the chocolate cake first and then the marshmallowy stuff on it's own.
    Oh, yes, I remember peeling off the pink marshmallow part, aiming for it to be in one piece, and saving it for after the cake. Beat frosting any day
    "The team doesn't get automatic capacity because management is mad" -- Greg Smith, agile guy

Saint Smugpawski
    vCash
    No more Chocodiles either.

Tranquillo
    vCash
    Alex Shibutani weighs in on twitter:

No more Twinkies?! The 4 that I've eaten will always have a place in my heart. Literally.
    "The Devil is joining in, and that's never a good sign." Phil Liggett

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast