Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

vCash

Spoiler

Charter member of the "We Always Believed in Ashley" Club and the "We Believe in Ricky" Club
    Old, lonely, pathos-hungry, and extremely gullible

vCash
    Great episode!!! This show gets better every week.

Loved Rayna's new FEMALE guitarist. Now she won't be tempted to fire another ex/wannabe bf. Smart manager decision there.

@ the recurring Rayna Deacon elevator thing. One of those two should seriously start taking the stairs.

Teddy is going with the ODing, bank theiving, husband dumping, crappy dressing woman? I can see that ending well, especially with daddy buying the election for him. Anyone else catch her 'it's been too long' comment to him? So much for telling Rayna he never cheated. Rayna's feeling guilt for kissing Deacon and cheating hubby is doing the 'noble scorned man' who wants a divorce act? Wonder if anyone's still following him around with cameras? Pretty sure Rayna's got a custody lock there.

Rayna got a vanity label after dumping Liam for wanting a vanity label? Loved how she was all "Um, little SCARLETT is part of the vocal duo you love?" to Watty. I can see her doing the mentor thing with Scarlett, and then maybe realizing Juliette needs one too. Of course, Scarlett's all 'down home Hee Haw on the back porch' and Juliette's stage show is Glitter Barbie Taylor Swift.

Love how we see Rayna watching Juliette on stage, but we never see Juliette watching Rayna.

Juliette is still my favorite part of the show. She's been rebelling against the 'sweet innocent stupid songs' girl for a while. at the "I shoplifted, left a guy at the altar and mom's in rehab" comment to the manager. Maybe she's trying to turn Glitter Barbie into Tanya Tucker? (old country reference there for y'all).

And finally, thank you Gunner for punching Avery. I've wanted to do it for weeks.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dbell1 View Post
    @ the recurring Rayna Deacon elevator thing. One of those two should seriously start taking the stairs.
    I know, right? It was so funny how they teased that in the previews, and then they had THREE elevator scenes. We were all going, "This is it . . . no, this is it . . . no, this HAS to be it!"

Anyone else catch her 'it's been too long' comment to him? So much for telling Rayna he never cheated.
    I wondered about that. It wasn't clear whether they were talking about before his marriage, or during.
    Charter member of the "We Always Believed in Ashley" Club and the "We Believe in Ricky" Club

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dbell1 View Post
    Great episode!!! This show gets better every week.

Loved Rayna's new FEMALE guitarist. Now she won't be tempted to fire another ex/wannabe bf. Smart manager decision there.

Teddy is going with the ODing, bank theiving, husband dumping, crappy dressing woman? I can see that ending well, especially with daddy buying the election for him. Anyone else catch her 'it's been too long' comment to him? So much for telling Rayna he never cheated. Rayna's feeling guilt for kissing Deacon and cheating hubby is doing the 'noble scorned man' who wants a divorce act? Wonder if anyone's still following him around with cameras? Pretty sure Rayna's got a custody lock there.

Rayna got a vanity label after dumping Liam for wanting a vanity label? Loved how she was all "Um, little SCARLETT is part of the vocal duo you love?" to Watty. I can see her doing the mentor thing with Scarlett, and then maybe realizing Juliette needs one too. Of course, Scarlett's all 'down home Hee Haw on the back porch' and Juliette's stage show is Glitter Barbie Taylor Swift.

Love how we see Rayna watching Juliette on stage, but we never see Juliette watching Rayna.

Juliette is still my favorite part of the show. She's been rebelling against the 'sweet innocent stupid songs' girl for a while. at the "I shoplifted, left a guy at the altar and mom's in rehab" comment to the manager. Maybe she's trying to turn Glitter Barbie into Tanya Tucker? (old country reference there for y'all).

And finally, thank you Gunner for punching Avery. I've wanted to do it for weeks.
    I don't think her its been too long meant they were having an affair before. Peggy and Teddy had a relationship pre Rayna. I don't think what Teddy did was right, but he did end the relationship with Rayna immediately.

As for custody, would Rayna even want full custody? Considering she travels a lot, i would think Teddy actually IS the better choice for the girls. Yes he had an affair but Rayna's had an emotional affair for years.....I think both bear responsibility for their marriage ending, and I actually DO kind of think that Teddy slept with Peggy he decided the relationship with Rayna was done.. Same can't be said I think for Rayna and her back and forth.

I don't know but I don't think Teddy was having on going affairs. And we aren't 100% sure that Rayna and Deacon were perfect all these years either.

From the Bloc
    vCash
    Awesome ep! I actually saved it so I can watch it again

FOUR new songs, wheee! I hope this means there will be a second CD - the first one says season 1, volume 1 - otherwise I will just go ahead and download, but I'd rather have the CD. Love love love all the performance footage - notice how they telegraphed Juliette's acoustic song and being true to yourself - when Rayna was singing a quiet song, the audience, including Juliette's fans, were lapping it up; when sweet Scarlett was rocking out, no one was paying any attention. I think having Rayna's fans in the crowd probably helped for her acoustic song, especially with Deacon at her side (wish he was on a chair too), because Rayna's fans would know him already.

And how hot was that elevator kiss? That was no screen kiss - that was the real thing

As for Avery, I feel bad for him and don't get all the hate. He's no angel, but I think Scarlett and his bandmates are treating him like crap. I thought when Scarlett and Gunner had such a bad time in that bar they'd realize how hard Avery had worked to get where he is. Scarlett should be happy for him - I don't understand why she hates him so much. Gunner I can see (and holy tough guy!), but not Scarlett. Avery was sincere when he came to see her, and she was an idiot. I have grown quite tired of her character.

And Teddy - yes I agree with others it was a reference to their past relationship before Rayna, and also tells us that nothing happened when she came to see him on election night. The guilty one should be Rayna - she may not have slept with someone else, but she's been emotionally unfaithful the whole time. Loved the drama of him showing up at Rayna's door - I had sort of thought Deacon might actually be headed to another penthouse, but it does seem he was going to see Rayna. There's thinking about doing something, and there's doing something indeed.

My absolute favourite show in years. Plan to rewatch the ep over the weekend, and I can tell you I'll be first in line when the DVD comes out (extras please!!).

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenny View Post
    Avery was sincere when he came to see her, and she was an idiot. I have grown quite tired of her character.
    He was sincere until Gunnar walked into the room, and then he turned into a complete jackass and acted like she'd done something terrible. Even if she HAD moved on to Gunnar, it would be absolutely none of his business, considering that he'd moved on to Cougar/Manager (I can't remember her name.)

From the Bloc
    vCash
    Considering that she accused him of sleeping with Cougar Manager before he actually had, I can see his reaction. Plus, he loved Scarlett and didn't want to lose her, so seeing her with someone else had to be hard.

vCash
    And Teddy - yes I agree with others it was a reference to their past relationship before Rayna, and also tells us that nothing happened when she came to see him on election night. The guilty one should be Rayna - she may not have slept with someone else, but she's been emotionally unfaithful the whole time. Loved the drama of him showing up at Rayna's door - I had sort of thought Deacon might actually be headed to another penthouse, but it does seem he was going to see Rayna. There's thinking about doing something, and there's doing something indeed.
    I suppose it's rather convenient that both Rayna and Teddy essentially moved on to other people at the same time. If only real life could be that tidy.

vCash
    TV shows are convenient like that. I'll bet there's something on TV Tropes about it, though I haven't yet gone to look.

From the Bloc
    vCash
    Indeed, the show is rather tidy at times! I wonder if we are now at the point where the audience is starting to affect the scripts - from discussions here, fans aren't that interested in the political storyline for example, and more interested in the relationship between Rayna and Deacon than Rayna and Teddy. Fans are also loving the music, and suddenly we get four new performances in one show. I wonder if they also got feedback wondering about Old Wise Dude's call to Rayna from the Bluebird way back at the beginning - I thought that was the catalyst for the (brief) plan to send Rayna and Deacon on a smaller acoustic tour, but now we see that brought back to the emerging Rayna the Mogul storyline. I also wonder if feedback on Tebow wasn't great, or at least that people wanted Juliette to be a single woman, because that relationship had a rather, um, tidy ending too.

Anyway, all good for me because IMO it just keeps getting better and better. I want Liam back (was that him in the preview??), and I'm still interested in Rayna's father and more so her sister, but they can save that for season 2.

vCash
    First want to say - loved, loved, loved the episode. So glad Gunner hit Avery! Maybe Avery will end up opening for Gunner and Scarlett when they become big stars.

Now, has anybody ever seen the movie Country Strong? I don't know why I watched that Friday night (nothing else on), seeing as how I hate country music (ha ha). But, I wonder if the movie was where they got the idea for the series, Nashville. It was kind of the reverse though (older singer on the way down, alcoholic, etc.), undiscovered new girl opening for her. And the up-and-coming guy they were both sleeping with reminded me of Deacon (sort of). You should check it out, except now I will be confused watching Nashville. Oh, I actually predicted the ending. Don't read the rest of this if you don't want to know................
    spoiler below>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

When she left the stage, I said I bet this is going to be another "The Rose". It was.

vCash
    Finally saw the last two episodes. I found Deacon a little whiny bitch about the dancers crowding his space. I'm sure there were more groupies at the other tour he was just on. I was so concerned about all those extras' jobs that I couldn't concentrate on Juliette's quarterlife crisis. Anyways, I'm not one of those people who thinks singing a sad ballad in a spotlight signals depth.

Are those real hotel rooms Scarlette and Rayna were staying at? WOW!

I'll be in the minority but I think Teddy and Kimberly Williams are smokin'. Of course, the writers did this in order to make it "alright" for Rayna and Deacon to do whatever they will do, but I find Teddy and Ms. Williams far more compelling.

Considering that she accused him of sleeping with Cougar Manager before he actually had, I can see his reaction. Plus, he loved Scarlett and didn't want to lose her, so seeing her with someone else had to be hard.
    Just like with Teddy and Crazy OD Woman, having Annoying and Useless Avery sleep with Cougar Manager *after* Scarlett broke up with him allows him to have that boring edgy thing going for him but still be on this show (although why he is still on the show on beyond me). I'm pretty sure that's in the "How to be an Asshole and Still Have Women Love You" handbook written by Chuck Bass or Damon Salvatore.

My favourite characters are the two managers and Scarlett's personal assistant. Why doesn't Rayna's go on tour too?

Rayna getting her own label and considering signing Scarlett and the band (I don't much care for Gunnar unless he starts hitting Avery more often, but I hope the rest of the guys are signed up too) is quite an ingenious way of bridging these two camps.
    Last edited by manhn; 02-10-2013 at 05:12 AM.

vCash
    He went to cougar/manager's house with the intention of sleeping with her when he was still with Scarlett. He may not have slept with her, but he went there knowing it might happen and he did kiss her. He then ran back and slept with her the moment Scarlett left, and when she came back to talk to him, cougar/manager was naked in his house.

Avery has been anything but supportive - sabotaging their big break by showing off with his guitar, being all sulky that Scarlett got a break before him etc etc.

Yeah, he worked hard, but he was a massive jackass. Seeing Scarlett with someone else may have been hard for him, but he moved on first with cougar and trying to hit on Juliette. You can't help your feelings, but you can control your behaviour and he deserved to be punched out.

So there's my take on the sleazy Avery hate

As for his band - they worked hard too, and he ditched them at the first opportunity.
    One day your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it's worth watching.

vCash
    Yup, that about sums up the sleazy Avery.

vCash
    That's not to say I don't find his character interesting - I do. He worked hard for a long time without a break, and was incredibly resentful when Scarlett got one. I don't think this justifies him ditching his band and girlfriend for a cougar manager and a car though.

I loved the look on his face when he first heard his song on the radio, and when Juliet blew him off at the party. I just think that we, as the audience, were given a warning about him way back when he accepted that car, and Deacon or something was doing a voice over about fame going to your head or something like that. Avery is the character we've been set up to hate.

From the Bloc
    vCash
    Well I see it differently Accepting the car was a sign of his naivete - and Cougar Manager was quick to point that out. He certainly wouldn't be the first young talent to be wooed by toys. We even saw that happening at a much higher level, when Record Company Chick all but promised Rayna a jet if she signed with them - and as a token included an expensive watch.

I certainly don't think Avery is the World's Best Boyfriend, but I don't see him as the slimeball everyone else seems to either. And I think the lack of support he's getting from Scarlett and his friends is really shitty on their part.

vCash
    When it comes to his band - he didn't support them. Why should he get support in return? He ditched them, and now he's pissed they're playing with Scarlett?

I think he's an interesting character, but I don't feel sorry for him. He's made his own choices and maybe they were naive, or maybe he's blinded by the allure of fame. I tend to think it's the latter.

From the Bloc
    vCash
    I think the bandmates were big babies about it. They've all been trying to make it for years, so when one of their own has success, they should be proud of him. What was he supposed to do, say no to the one thing he's been working for his whole life out of some sense of childhood loyalty? Is it right for people to hold back those they care about? Very selfish IMO.

And I think I said this before but there could have been opportunities for his bandmates - many stars bring their friends along for the ride, and opportunities roll out of that.

Sigh, I probably need to give up on this because I'm clearly alone - even my husband thinks Avery is a jerk (Although he does understand why he had to ditch the bandmates.)

vCash
    But that's exactly the point: They've all been trying to make it for years. Together.

Now maybe a breakup would have come anyway. Happens all the time. But it should have been a decision they made, not a unilateral decision by Avery that was pushed on him as the price of his own personal success, which none of them had any say in at all, and that was sprung on them out of nowhere as a fait accompli.

And it's not like they've TPed his house or anything. Some of them have even been to hear him play. But mostly they're just doing what they need to do, getting on with their own lives and careers.

From the Bloc
    vCash
    But I thought he did go back and talk to them before everything was finalized? Either way, why should they have any say in his future? He had the opportunity, not them. Was he supposed to say no? What kind of person would want to hold their friend back like that?

It's not like he was secretly contacting people and pushing himself forward - when he got on that plane, he thought that he was invited as a representative of the band, and that any deal was with them too.

My husband played in several bands with friends and schoolmates when he was younger, and everyone knew that some guys would make it, and most would not. When several of them had opportunities, the other guys were the first to congratulate and cheer them on.

Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast