Page 17 of 20 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast

vCash
    I liked Scarlett at the start of last year. I don't like where they've gone with Scarlett, Gunnar, and don't care for Zoe. I wasn't surprised that Juliet has thrown her hat in the ring, putting herself out there is growth for her since I believe she's done all the dumping in the past?

And Scarlett, dear, look at Avery when you talk to him. See that from the look on his face, he's clearly lying by omission right there...
    One day your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it's worth watching.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dbell1 View Post
    So is it Crazy Peggy getting offed just as slimy Teddy tells her she's his twu luv? Or is it Will face planting a train?
    My money's on Crazy Peggy. Darn it. She was the one character I REALLY didn't want killed! About 90 percent of the fun of the show for me lately was finding out what crazy thing she was going to do next.
    Charter member of the "We Always Believed in Ashley" Club and the "We Believe in Ricky" Club

vCash
    (((Beret soaked in pig's blood))))

vCash
    Geez, Juliette is such a mess. Please tell me she didn't/isn't going to have sex with Avery. Can't she just have a guy friend instead of hopping into bed with every one.

And why is Scarlett so upset. She broke up with Gunnar. Avery lied and cheated on Scarlett and left her in the dust when he was going to be a "big star". And she took him back. She should be more worried that Gunnar is going to hurt her best friend for 20 years.

Did anybody else say "what the hell" out loud when they saw the train coming?

And it's pretty irresponsible of Rayna to mortgage her children's house and gamble on their future. Is she paying Teddy alimony or something since she has been the major breadwinner in the family. She said she had earned millions, hence the house, but what if she doesn't earn more millions this time?

And let me finish by saying - I love Deacon!!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Susan1 View Post
    Geez, Juliette is such a mess. Please tell me she didn't/isn't going to have sex with Avery. Can't she just have a guy friend instead of hopping into bed with every one.
    The rule seems to be, if two characters on this show stand near each other for more than five minutes, they're eventually going to have sex with each other. Kind of takes the suspense out of things.
    Charter member of the "We Always Believed in Ashley" Club and the "We Believe in Ricky" Club

Go Team SW Florida! =)
    At Great American Ballpark cheering on my Cincinnati Reds
    vCash
    I will not miss Peggy if she's the one that dies but I will miss making fun of her. What will we make fun of now?!

I freaking adore Deacon even more now than I did when the show first started and I could listen to him sing all day long. He's come a long way this season and he and Rayna still have all sorts of chemistry. That lawyer lady should enjoy Deacon while she can because he's not staying with her forever.

I actually rather like Avery and Juliette together and wouldn't mind seeing Scarlet take a break from relationships right now. She can barely handle just her career at this point so maybe she needs to be alone for a while and work out those issues before she can have any sort of healthy relationship with someone. I actually felt really bad for Juliette in this entire episode and wanted her to smack Layla to kingdom come. Hopefully that smackdown is coming in the new year.

I feel bad for Will and the internal struggles he's been going through and I'm hoping he gets saved from the train somehow so he can get some help to sort through all those issues.
    An MLB.com reporter asked what one thing Votto couldn’t do. “I can’t skate or play hockey,” Votto said. “Well, I can skate ... but I can’t stop.”

"I guess I'm just...I'm not used to someone putting me first." -Emma, Once Upon a Time, episode 2x3, Lady of the Lake

vCash
    [QUOTE=Susan1;4078327]
    Did anybody else say "what the hell" out loud when they saw the train coming? [/QUOTE

Nope It was pretty believable IMO. Will has tried so hard to "correct" his sexuality. His father threw him out after catching him with a guy, and now his career depends on him being with (or people believing he is with) Layla, who he doesn't like at all. And then, when he thought he was doing okay with being straight, he can't stop thinking about Brett and ends up in bed with him, so he was probably pretty disgusted with himself (even though he shouldn't be).

And it's pretty irresponsible of Rayna to mortgage her children's house and gamble on their future. Is she paying Teddy alimony or something since she has been the major breadwinner in the family. She said she had earned millions, hence the house, but what if she doesn't earn more millions this time?
    Woah hang on...it's not her children's house! It's her house, and she can do what she wants with it. If she were to lose it it wouldn't mean the kids would be homeless because Teddy has one. It's her future, and yes it's risky and impacts the kids, but they aren't going to end up destitute.

As for Teddy - he worked as a developer until his project went to hell and he embezzled $2 million with crazy Peggy to get out of it. Rayna went back to work as a singer in episode 1, season 1, because they needed money after Teddy had lost all their cash. He was the breadwinner there for a while so pretty sure once the divorce was final, it wasn't unrealistic that they could both just walk away.

Quote Originally Posted by HeatherC View Post
    I will not miss Peggy if she's the one that dies but I will miss making fun of her. What will we make fun of now?!
    Scarlett's hair? But it has been better this season. Hmm. How about the fact that the characters of Scarlett, Gunnar and Will have been completely re-written to become totally fricken annoying?

I feel bad for Will and the internal struggles he's been going through and I'm hoping he gets saved from the train somehow so he can get some help to sort through all those issues.
    Me too. That's actually why I think it's Peggy - there is more that can be done with Will's character. There's a storyline there, because he made the wrong choice when he defected from Rayna, they made a point of the fact that Rayna would have cared for him as a person while the label just wanted him as a commodity. Getting help, accepting his sexuality and coming out publicly are all potential storylines for him, but for Peggy, there's not much further she can go. She tried to kill herself, got divorced, had an affair with Teddy, leaked his divorce to the press, got dumped by him, found out she was pregnant, faked it when she lost the baby to trap him into marriage and now...what? The only storyline is that Teddy might find out and not be able to divorce her because of the bad PR, and that's more boring than what they could do with Will. Teddy as a widower dealing with a fact he dodged a bullet figuratively as well as literally...far more interesting

vCash
    [/QUOTE]Woah hang on...it's not her children's house! It's her house, and she can do what she wants with it. If she were to lose it it wouldn't mean the kids would be homeless because Teddy has one. It's her future, and yes it's risky and impacts the kids, but they aren't going to end up destitute. [/QUOTE]

Yeah, I know, really. If everything goes bust, Rayna and the kids can go live with Deacon. ha ha It just seemed kind of impulsive with all the other drama going on. "Sorry, girls, I'm mortgaging our zillion dollar house just so I can get my way". (And I love Rayna................)

So does anyone else think she should sign Deacon to her label, and do duets with him, and drive Teddy crazy, and make back that zillion dollars? Too soon?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by *Jen* View Post
    As for Teddy - he worked as a developer until his project went to hell and he embezzled $2 million with crazy Peggy to get out of it. Rayna went back to work as a singer in episode 1, season 1, because they needed money after Teddy had lost all their cash.
    And with that I just had a flashback to a time when this show actually had believable storylines and characters that acted recognizably human, and Teddy was a halfway decent person (not all the way decent, because of the embezzling, but halfway decent). Made me sad to think of how all that's gone down the crapper.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyliefan View Post
    And with that I just had a flashback to a time when this show actually had believable storylines and characters that acted recognizably human, and Teddy was a halfway decent person (not all the way decent, because of the embezzling, but halfway decent). Made me sad to think of how all that's gone down the crapper.
    I know Networks are a necessary evil, it would seem. You need them for your show to air, but then they get a lot of creative control. This isn't what the creator set out to do with the show, which is why her husband has now quit. The first 3 episodes were amazing!

vCash
    Just when I was thinking how great it was to see Juliette have a platonic male friend that she didn't come on to, she shows up at Avery's door.

Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash
    I have a question about the Deacon character. I found his entry on the Nashville wiki, but it didn't answer my question as to if he has ever had a solo recording career or not. And if he did, how many albums did he release and what kind of success did he have (or not)? Or has ne never released an album and is only known as a member of Rayna's band?
    It's official. I am madly in love with Meryl Davis.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PeterG View Post
    I have a question about the Deacon character. I found his entry on the Nashville wiki, but it didn't answer my question as to if he has ever had a solo recording career or not. And if he did, how many albums did he release and what kind of success did he have (or not)? Or has ne never released an album and is only known as a member of Rayna's band?
    I am not sure but I think he had one album. Maddie was listening to it and trying to learn a specific song, I think the one she played at that kids concert when she asked deacon to come up and join her and teddy flipped his lid. I don't know if that was before the beginning of his relationship both romantically and professionally with Rayna or somewhat in between when they were off and on and he was post rehab.But I got the impression that it was his only album and then he felt that he was better suited as Rayna's guitar player, manager, co-song writer.

From the Bloc
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by manhn View Post
    And how expensive is Rayna's house that she has enough equity to buy herself out of her record contract!?!?!? Is Nashville's real estate market like NYC's?
    Apparently yes - a year ago the actual house that Rayna is supposed to live in was on the market for $19.5 million.

Let us also remember that while his fortune may be in jeopardy, Rayna's father is still a rich man, as is apparently Tandy. They have companies and real estate and as we learned Rayna also had investments, so I don't think Maddie and Daphne are in any danger of being homeless any time soon.

Finally got to watch the last ep last night. Until the last 3 minutes, it almost felt like they were wrapping up the show but then they threw all that at us at once! This was billed as the "winter finale" so I expect the Luke and Crazy SLs will be wrapped up very quickly - surely they will keep Luke alive as Chris Carmack is listed as one of the core characters as opposed to KWP who is only recurring. Unless there is some contract dispute we don't know about, they can do a lot more with that character AND he's actually a good singer.

Speaking of which I picked up the new CD for the first half of the season, and am listening to it non-stop. Big surprise is Layla's song - I think we've really only heard snippets plus she's a despicable character, but when I listen to the whole song she's actually really good. The songs that Gunner and Deacon sang in their parking lot concert are also excellent, and there's a duet by Scarlett and Deacon that's quite haunting. Two Stellas songs for those who love them. IMO sadly the only one of the actors whose voice isn't really going anywhere and doesn't back up the character she's supposed to be playing is Rayna's. I don't mind it, but it's the kind of level you'd expect from Scarlett's or Layla's character, not the hugely successful country star.

What I don't understand is why beyond the Elvis Costello cover from early last season, they are only recording Avery's high voiced piano pieces. He's better than that, and I hope they give him a chance to play more often in the future than just being everyone else's backup support.

The scenes with Juliette then Scarlett then Juliette were intense - well done on the writers' character development and the actor's portrayal. And of course Hayden continues to impress - she got the only GG nomination this year, and rightly so.

Favourite dialogue was from Deacon - that character is really, really well developed. "Did you screw around on Scarlett? Good then we can talk about the rest later, and that means never."

From the Bloc
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chantilly View Post
    I am not sure but I think he had one album. Maddie was listening to it and trying to learn a specific song, I think the one she played at that kids concert when she asked deacon to come up and join her and teddy flipped his lid. I don't know if that was before the beginning of his relationship both romantically and professionally with Rayna or somewhat in between when they were off and on and he was post rehab.But I got the impression that it was his only album and then he felt that he was better suited as Rayna's guitar player, manager, co-song writer.
    I think you are right. Deacon recorded one album, likely a long time ago either when he was starting out as a songwriter, as a side project when he was with Rayna (and would have had more backing from a recording company to do it) or after they broke up (perhaps for example when some connection wanted to help him out post rehab). You are right the song that Maddie played at the kids concert was his - she was also listening to it in a previous episode. The lyrics are about being thankful for what you have, so post rehab might make some sense as it's a personal sounding song. At the same time all the stuff he wrote for Rayna was about their relationship and/or songs suited to her career, so one can imagine that as a side project he might have recorded a bunch of songs he'd had for awhile that didn't suit Rayna.

Either way, if you look at lots of big bands, the lesser known members often have solo projects out there somewhere, and ditto the many excellent musicians who backup bigger artists.

For the show, I think they were also trying to lay some groundwork. At first Deacon was positioned mostly as guitar player/band leader/cowriter, but as the show went on we started hearing more about his solo songwriting (remember when Rayna and Liam sang Postcard from Mexico?) as I think they might have been preparing for the current SL, including last night's statement that he felt ready to try being a frontman instead of someone else's guitar player.

vCash

Spoiler

vCash
    I really liked the show last night. The opening song was gorgeous. I'll be hunting for that one next...

Really feeling bad for Juliette. It's killing me that Layla is the one who called the press and now she's being begged to defend our little blond homewrecker to the press. The way things are going with Edgehill, they'll be left with just Layla. Hopefully she'll be able to sing something other than Juliette's back catalog? PS - welcome back to Juliette's unnamed assistant!

I felt bad for Teddy. That beret wearing sack of lunacy and pig's blood really loved him. Wonder if his investigation will lead him back to Lamar?

Scarlett and Avery - I think they're heading for 'best friends who are exes' land. Their conversation was one of the most adult they've had on the show (yep, the Avery redemption storyline continues). Also - how many people need to tell her that she needs to get over Gunner before she realizes he's her twu luv? Still not a fan of Zoey. She can get written off any time now and I'll be happy. Maybe they can send her to hairdressing school?

Deacon needs to be brokenhearted and mean to write music? Guess it does come from a place of suffering. Pretty surprised that lawyer lady didn't dump the food on his head when he was snarking at her. The ending scene with Maddie was nice. Totally sucks that if he had stayed sober that that could have been his life.

Rayna - so, she tells Liam she's 'seeing' Luke? Is that the same Luke who told her 'see you when I see you' and walked off when she told him she was leaving Edgehill?

Will - some great moments for Chris Carmack last night. Gunner really is a good friend to him. Oh look, the Gunner redemption storyline is happening now...

vCash
    So, is Kelly Clarkson now part of Rayna's record company or is Rayna a-ok about Scarlett writing music for Kelly Clarkson? If Kelly friggin' Clarkson wants to sing Scarlett's songs, I don't know, why isn't Rayna putting Scarlett's song on Scarlett's own friggin' record? Or Rayna's record? Why do the writers make Rayna so incompetent?

The Gunnar/Will stuff was great.

vCash
    Scarlett is beginning to annoy me. Glad Zoey gave it to her with both barrels. Time for her to grow up and act like a professional.

I think the Teddy stuff might lead to something interesting. I can;t believe I never thought of Lamar. I thought it might be about the embezzlement.

I love Deacon. He was being a jerk but I like that he is imperfect and flawed and human. As I do all my characters in film and TV

I love Juliette, but thought the protesters were a bit weak of a plot line. I know people protest just about anything these days but it didn't ring that true to me that a bunch of people would be so up in arms about an alleged affair they would protest her and burn her records. If her comment was made to some random guy on the street while she was taking a fan pic for example, then I could have believed the protesters would come out. But before that I just didn't buy it.

I like the idea of her and Avery together. I didn't like him getting back together with Scarlett. But I did love their conversation last night. Maybe Scarlett is growing up after all. As for her and Gunnar, I am not sure anymore. I am one of the few that like Zoey.

Rayna and Deacon have such amazing chemistry. They had one scene and it was still there. Loved that last song. That Stella girl is fantastic. And loved the exploration of not being able to write from a place of pain which is all Teddy has known. Think it is an interesting idea. Finding a way to write from joy too.

vCash
    I think Scarlett has officially taken over Peggy's title of Wet Mess. Awful behavior from her last night. Like uncle, like niece, I guess -- Deacon was being pretty scummy too, though at least he apologized. I was really rooting for Megan to break that plate over his head. "You're bugging me," indeed! Jerk!

I really want Teddy to find out about Peggy's deception! Though it won't be nearly as much fun without Peggy there to face the music. Harumph.

Page 17 of 20 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast