Page 15 of 21 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dbell1 View Post
    I did like Scarlett's song with Deacon and Rayna's comeback song. Will, eh, the less said about that yee haw knockoff, the better.

They really need to get rid of the hash tag crap. I know Twitter's popular, but really?
    1. I was talking to someone about the episode the next day and I mentioned Scarlett and Deacon's song and we both pointed to our arms because we had goosebumps!!! Funny.

2. Hash tag crap is right. Everybody everywhere says "hashtag......" about everything. Person 1 - "I just went to the store." Person 2 - "Hash tag store!!!!" Oh My God. Pleeeeeeeeeeeease make it stop.

vCash
    I think there's too many new characters being tossed at us to keep track of.
    SERIOUSLY. I really got that feeling with this episode. I kept thinking, "Wait, who's that? And who's this? And why can't I remember?" It feels like too much growth too fast.

Quote Originally Posted by Jenny View Post
    I think Avery and Gunner now that they are both exes, and more importantly, both contractless musicians - bros sticking together and all that.
    This situation made me laugh because it reminded me of some people my dad knows on the local bluegrass scene. I won't get into the gory details, except to say that "Her exes all ought to get together and form a band!" is a saying that made the rounds at one point. I couldn't believe it was actually playing out on my TV screen. Oh, Nashville.
    Charter member of the "We Always Believed in Ashley" Club and the "We Believe in Ricky" Club
    Old, lonely, pathos-hungry, and extremely gullible

vCash
    This might be controversial....but I don't like Scarlett as a solo artist. I liked her song with Deacon, but I've yet to like any of her other solo stuff. I want her to sing with Gunnar again...even though that may not happen with Gunnar's delightful rebound

Zoe just performed the cardinal BFF sin right there. If I were Scarlett, I'd be PISSED>
    One day your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it's worth watching.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by *Jen* View Post
    This might be controversial....but I don't like Scarlett as a solo artist.
    Scarlett is whinier than Tammy Wynette staring into an empty bottle of Mad Dog.

vCash
    Just FYI, when you compare a female country singer to Tammy Wynette, it's considered a HUGE compliment.
    Charter member of the "We Always Believed in Ashley" Club and the "We Believe in Ricky" Club

vCash
    I suppose that Scarlett demonstrates that sometimes it's hard to be a woman.

From the Bloc
    vCash
    I'm not big on Scarlett as a solo artist, or perhaps more accurately, as a star being promoted. Her charm was in her innocence, in playing small venues, the spontaneous acoustic style, letting the lyrics shine through. I think if Gunner was her partner, the act would transfer better to the bigger stage, because she's just too alone up there.

Is it too much to think that maybe that's part of the story they are trying to tell? That talent doesn't always guarantee stardom? The struggle to find your own voice once everyone else gets their claws into your career? They tried that last season with Avery, but I think the audience wasn't with the character (ie, you all hated him ) so they skyhooked that storyline and are now trying it again with a more sympathetic character?

vCash
    Some interesting stuff last night.

Tandy got a bit of a storyline - were those Lamar's business partners sniping at her about his arrest? She really shouldn't pretend to be above it all - she was right there with him the whole time.

Rayna has no clue how to get a backer. Wonder if black hat Luke will help her battle the new label head? Or, will he put the moves on innocent little Scarlett on tour?

The Deacon and lawyer storyline bores me. NEXT!

Avery and Scarlett - that worked for me. Hated them together last year, maybe because she was a doormat and he was selling out everyone and his soul to get the deal. Now, he's had some decent character growth. I've even bought one of his show songs (Let There Be Lonely). Jenny - are you shocked?

Zoe and Gunnar can leave my screen now.

Juliette - he won't leave his wife for you. You're living a country song. And if the previews are any indication, you will now be dealing with a crazy scorned wife.

Slimy, above it all, holier than thou Teddy needs a very hard fall from his pious pulpit. His attempts to paint himself as an honest man who became mayor with ZERO help from Lamar and comments about the Peggy relationship coming WAY after the divorce will hopefully come back to bite him. Hard.

vCash
    Don't forget, Teddy's marrying Peggy. He's gonna get all the punishment any man could ever need. Any man who gets stuck with that mess is in for hell on earth.

vCash
    I was at Skate Canada so watched last and this week's episodes back to back. It's all a blur.

Honestly, not sure if the writers were acknowledging some of the animosity fans have towards Scarlett or this was a coincidence. But Scarlett's relatively easy path towards stardom *is* annoying.

I *HATE* the actor who plays that famous country singer. HATE. HATE! Please let it be a brief guest appearance.

Gawd, am I suppose to buy the rich British guy who's really down to earth because he hangs out at the stables? Also, Juliette has never seen "Pretty Woman"? Not gonna buy that. She should've known how to behave and dress at a polo club. I hope crazy wife cuts them both.

I like Rayna setting up her own shop but did she really have to go to her daddy first? So lazy, Rayna.

HATE THAT ACTOR!

vCash
    Juliette - he won't leave his wife for you.
    I liked Juliette better when she was a defiant and empowered skank. We already have Scarlett and Zoey to "accidentally" schtup some goober and act like they don't know how it happened.

From the Bloc
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by manhn View Post
    I *HATE* the actor who plays that famous country singer. HATE. HATE! Please let it be a brief guest appearance.
    Tell us how you really feel Dare I ask why?

I thought Juliette did great at the polo event. When she got the word she was in fittings anyway, so I'm sure her stylists pulled together the outfit (complete with a fascinator worthy of Eugenie and Beatrice!), but the real insight was when the horn blew and she said "according to wiki that means it's about to start." She wants to be accepted into Nashville's and country music's elite so bad that she took it upon herself to do her own research. Remember that Pretty Woman was in theatres around the time she was born, so it's not a stretch to imagine she's never seen it. But for all her efforts, we saw that she was most comfortable among the working folk, and just singing rather than being a big star.

Other moment that had me laughing was Crazy Wife saying, "I'm leaving, and I'm taking the jet." I am sad Juliette is making yet another dumb move, but that's true to character - she's desperate for love and fitting in, and self-destructive at the same time.

re Tandy - yeah I thought it was a stretch to try and distance herself from her father, but they showed us that no one's buying it with those scenes. I really want her becoming Rayna's business partner, but at the same time, Tandy knows better than anyone how Rayna is going to feel when she finds out the truth. Maybe she thinks she can explain away her betrayal of their father by revealing he was involved in their mother's death.

re Scarlett - I would say the intimate little Bluebird show was a reaction to fans not liking the tarted up country star version of her, but given that the other episodes only aired within the last month, I'm not sure they've had time to adjust like that.

Also wanted to report in on the music - being of an era when we could actually hold our music in our hands, I had already bought the two CDs from last season and then downloaded a few extra songs. Then out comes a 4 CD box set, UK only, with the first two CDs I already had, plus two extra CDs that cover pretty much the entire season. Listened to it last night, and if you are a fan, it's worth it. The songs are less produced, more like demos, with different versions of some songs, and full versions of songs that might have only come as a snippet on the show. UK full season box set

Next ep looks juicy!!

vCash
    Wow, that looks like a nice set. Wonder why it was a U.K. release?

vCash
    Yep, nice set alright. Might have to wish list it and see if the price drops.

So -this year we have a new musical director (T Bone Burnett left at the end of last season). Does anyone notice a difference?

From the Bloc
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyliefan View Post
    Wow, that looks like a nice set. Wonder why it was a U.K. release?
    Not sure. I follow the show on FB, and when they announced this for UK fans, there were a lot of comments asking why it wasn't available in the US or Canada, and some snarking about having already bought the first two CDs and now having to pay again. Eventually they deleted the post altogether. My guess is the show is coming to the UK at some point (if it's not already there) and the local office of the record company packaged it without considering how it's being marketed elsewhere.

Stupid really, because obviously nowadays we know about these things, and can also easily buy it from anywhere in the world. I order from Amazon UK all the time when they have something earlier than we'd get in Canada, or the pricing is better (even with the extra shipping). It amazes me that companies still think in terms of isolated markets rather than a global market.

vCash
    Not sure. I follow the show on FB, and when they announced this for UK fans, there were a lot of comments asking why it wasn't available in the US or Canada, and some snarking about having already bought the first two CDs and now having to pay again. Eventually they deleted the post altogether. My guess is the show is coming to the UK at some point (if it's not already there) and the local office of the record company packaged it without considering how it's being marketed elsewhere.

Stupid really, because obviously nowadays we know about these things, and can also easily buy it from anywhere in the world. I order from Amazon UK all the time when they have something earlier than we'd get in Canada, or the pricing is better (even with the extra shipping). It amazes me that companies still think in terms of isolated markets rather than a global market.
    Yeah, sounds like they're following the antiquated and much-derided BBC/PBS model!

From the Bloc
    vCash
    And then there's books. I was at an airport in the US last month and saw one of my husband's favourite authors, and was surprised because usually we know when one of his books is coming out. Upon closer examination, it was a book he had already read years ago under a different title. Canada and the US are pretty much one cultural market for heaven's sake.

vCash
    Yep, nice set alright. Might have to wish list it and see if the price drops.

So -this year we have a new musical director (T Bone Burnett left at the end of last season). Does anyone notice a difference?
    Absolutely. The music is horrible this year; it was a 1000 times better last season.

vCash
    The first season finished in the UK a while back, and I think it was comparably far more popular there than in the US and Canada. Not sure on the official stats, but I know it was on a normal channel and not a cable channel, and that it rated highly nation wide. The set is probably a nice reward for that!!!
    One day your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it's worth watching.

vCash
    Bumping to see if anyone else is still watching the show.

Highlight for me this week - the Avery and Deacon comedy hour. From the milk to the Bluebird stage at the end - these two were golden. And a nice moment there at the end with Deacon and Maddie bonding over music. Younger Lennon sister is becoming the 'plot device kid' - she skips in, says a line, sings a bit when needed and skips off.

The rest of the show was kind of disappointing. Wacky beret with a flat stomach is married to no clue Teddy. (((kids))) real, not his, and imaginary.

Was there more than one song this episode? I really miss T-Bone.

So, Gunner's now on Black Hat Luke's tour as a 'ride along songwriter'? Is he just there to take Scarlet's spot when she bombs? Or will he come out, duet with her and save the day?

Ignoring the Rayna storyline since the writers are basically making shit up on the fly these days. Sometimes watching this show is like watching improv.

Page 15 of 21 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast