Page 19 of 21 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 LastLast
    vCash
    If Jeff gets an arc, I'm outta here!

Oh, and Lamar too - he better not get the 'I didn't kill her, I just covered up your mother's suicide/tried to get rid of Wacky Beret' storyline next week.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dbell1 View Post

Thinly veiled evil Wal-Mart guy was slime. Surprised Rayna turned down the deal.
    Yes, that Boone guy was obviously a spoof of Sam Walton, although I'd call him shrewd rather than slime. I don't think it would have been so terrible if Rayna had taken him up on his offer, as it seems that he was going to yank Juliette's CDs no matter what Rayna did.

vCash
    Yeah, I don't quite get the big deal. It's not like when I go to Walmart there is a shelf specifically reserved for Beyonce, One Direction, etc. It's whatever currently available and popular. I would have no idea that a specific CD kicked out another CD.

vCash
    I'm tired of Rayna's snotty older kid. "Waaaaah, two men love me like a daughter and I go to fancy parties full of celebrities!" Suck it up, kid.
    Last edited by heckles; 02-01-2014 at 02:23 PM.

vCash

Spoiler

Also -- I do like Rayna's new single, I really do, but she needs to start singing something else or I'm going to have it stuck in my head FOR THE REST OF MY LIFE. It's been, what, three episodes now?
    Last edited by Wyliefan; 02-06-2014 at 04:35 AM.
    Charter member of the "We Always Believed in Ashley" Club and the "We Believe in Ricky" Club
    Old, lonely, pathos-hungry, and extremely gullible

vCash
    Wyliefan, maybe they're pushing it because Connie doesn't sound whisper nasal on it?

I'm going to hell for this, but I like pill popping happy Scarlet better than whiny mopey 'you stole my ex boyfriend/I'm famous and on tour' miserable Scarlet.

Teddy doing nothing and just staring at Lamar dying was all kinds of awesome. And really - Lamar barges into Teddy's office with no warning just to find Mr. Mayor standing there with his arms crossed glaring? This is such a soap! PS - I called it upthread that he didn't kill the wife (riiighhht).... Wonder who gets his money?

Bored with the Zoe storyline, and the new hair was all kinds of wrong.

Foofy pillows and Fellini - LOVED JAvery! Comic gold. I'd happily watch an hour of Juliette, Avery, and Deacon, forget the rest of the cast.

vCash
    I'm going to hell for this, but I like pill popping happy Scarlet better than whiny mopey 'you stole my ex boyfriend/I'm famous and on tour' miserable Scarlet.
    Save a seat for me, because I couldn't agree more. She was nicer when stoned to the gills than she has been all season!
    Charter member of the "We Always Believed in Ashley" Club and the "We Believe in Ricky" Club

From the Bloc
    vCash
    Favourite moment was Deacon looking at Avery and Juliette and saying "I like this." Me too

vCash
    Is it just me or are there more storylines going on than usual?

vCash
    Bumping up from the depths to discuss

Who called Liam and Scarlett upthread? Mopey speedhead has only herself to blame if her exes are in a trio. I got last year Avery flashbacks when she was standing outside the Bluebird. Walk in and hang with your uncle - don't go sulk in a studio.

Not excited with the "Zoey is now an amazing singer" storyline. But, Gunnar seems to not want her to sing. Shades of Scarlett anyone?

So, Teddy confided in lawyer lady that he watched Lamar die? Those two will be an item (yep, saying it again).

Not a fan of Rayna this episode. Connie seems 'off' on this show, whereas her FNL role was always pitch perfect. Guess it's the jumpy soapish writing?

Juliette and Glenn are the best team! That OTT 'famous' producer was just bizarre. And do people really record live in a studio with harps, strings, band, vocal backups AND horns? I do like how she's mellowed, let's hand it to the reformed Avery (the most unbelievable character turnaround ever).

vCash
    I am the only one who ever loved Peggy but Teddy's line that had he known Peggy miscarried before they got married, he still would've married her? Bull@(*)@!

vCash
    So they FINALLY revealed that! Good grief. Took 'em long enough.

From the Bloc
    vCash
    Just caught up on the most recent two eps, and enjoyed them thoroughly! OK we knew that Juliette would end up on Rayna's label, but it was fun getting there, and from the previews, it will be an interesting ride

We also knew Deacon's girlfriend was going to end up with Teddy at some point, but since they made it such an awful thing, it doesn't appear that they are really trying to get us invested in either of these characters, especially when I'm assuming most if not all fans love Deacon. So maybe Teddy won't make it to next season other than a recurring character when they need the father of Rayna's children or Deacon's fatherly adversary for a plot point. Girlfriend is nice enough, but not an interesting character and since she's not involved in the music business there's not much point keeping her around.

Love the music (especially Gunner/Zoey/Avery plus them with Deacon), love Juliette and Avery and just plain Juliette any time, still interested in Will and yes, Layla too now that her position is more interesting, love seeing Jeff flail around, really want things to turn around for Tandy.

Next question - Lamar was wealthy and into a lot of businesses - I know there were legal issues and maybe he lost a lot, but it does seem that Rayna and Tandy, and the girls, should be into a lot of money right now. Wonder why that wasn't mentioned at all when Rayna's company was having issues.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenny View Post
    We also knew Deacon's girlfriend was going to end up with Teddy at some point, but since they made it such an awful thing, it doesn't appear that they are really trying to get us invested in either of these characters, especially when I'm assuming most if not all fans love Deacon.
    Hey, good on Megan for doubling her pleasure, but what was the extended build-up with Teddy, only to finally seal the deal in a car? A car? Isn't that how Teddy first started grinding on Peggy too? Sheesh, you're supposed to be over that first-time car-freaking nonsense by, I don't know, 28.

vCash
    I bring to you the Trashville Drinking Game:

Take a sip when Rayna's kid says something snotty.
    Take a drink when someone hooks up with someone who is in a relationship with another person.
    Take a gulp when Juliette demonstrates that nobody is the boss of her.

vCash
    As soon as the episode was over, I was on iTunes downloading He Ain't Gonna Change. Talk about an earworm. They could just let Hayden sing all episode and I'd be happy.

Time to call my next couple - Luke and Tandy. She's desperate and he's slime.

Javery continues to rock the screen every week. Love how they had an adult discussion at the end. And I now want comfy chairs and an outdoor fire pit. Whoever does the set decoration deserves an award.

Maddie seems to be on a path to reveal her real dad, and wear bad makeup. Teen angst. Ugh. Poor tiny sister looked sad.

If Rayna had just laid out her plans and reasoning to Juliette instead of letting Tandy go all Jeff Fordham on her, it would have gone so much better. But that 'do nothing for months except fire your opening acts' lead to all kinds of plot twists.

Speaking of plot twists - Really Will? You had the chance to dump Layla and instead you proposed?

Gunnar continues to be the bad boyfriend/desperate for a singing gig guy. I'm willing to bet next episode that Zoe and her hair got the gig.

From the Bloc
    vCash
    I'm willing to bet next episode that Zoe and her hair got the gig.
    Indeed. It sure looked like they were trying to tell us she didn't get it, but it seemed like classic soap opera attempt at pre-commercial cliff hanger to me. The question is, whose tour is she about to join? Luke/Will/Deacon? Juliette/Scarlett? Rayna? Layla?

And yeah, I could easily watch an entire episode of Juliette only

Tranquillo
    vCash
    I started this show, then stopped watching, then caught a recent episode and was involved again. But I do tend to fast forward to the Juliette parts. Save Juliette, save the World!
    "The Devil is joining in, and that's never a good sign." Phil Liggett

vCash
    Time to call my next couple - Luke and Tandy. She's desperate and he's slime.
    I don't pay much attention to Luke. What's slimy about him?

vCash
    I think with Luke it has mostly been hints. I honestly can't remember but there was something specific he did around his tour or career etc. But there is a certain cockiness about which I think is deliberate. I get the feeling that with him is that he is pretty much just selfish and and ego driven.

The Deacon touring with him thing will be interesting.

I know this show is a little too the top soapy sometimes but it also has some great writing too.(plus I kind of like the soapy stuff, it's mostly entertaining) I think they way they have brilliantly kept Deacon and Rayna on the back burner is some of the best writing I have seen on TV with the "will they or won't they?" trope which has been getting old, predictable and boring in other shows. Hey imagine that,people can have other story lines that are compelling too outside of "Will they or won't they?" that you know are about their families and careers. And they can even have other romances that are interesting to watch even if you know they are ultimately doomed.

Anyway, in general I think this has been the strongest season so far.The writing has been pretty good compared to some of the crap last season.

I struggle so hard to like Scarlett. I did like her in the first season. But she has just become such a whiny basket case. It makes me think she actually doesn't deserve a music career. And Gunnar needs a slap upside the head. But at least I still find him somewhat sympathetic.

I actually quite like Zooey, she is really growing on me and she really has the best singing voice on the show. Plus I think it would be interesting for them to explore the fact that she is a woman of color in the country music scene.

Will is heartbreaking and I think him proposing to Layla is a sad, pathetic mistake but totally makes sense for his character. So far I am not the biggest fan of her. But she is going to go full bitch when she finds out about his secret I am pretty sure.

The Maddie stuff, while she is annoying is so on point and realistic. Teddy was completely right here. I am probably the only one who likes Teddy. But then I always do like flawed people. Plus he has a ton more chemistry with the lawyer then Deacon. I think if they consider keeping him duplicitous he will stay interesting.

Juliette continues to be the most compelling character. It annoys me that she is nominated in best supporting actor categories, because she is not. She is a lead. Her and Rayna together is going to be a great story line.

Page 19 of 21 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 LastLast