Page 16 of 21 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast
    From the Bloc
    vCash
    I still love every second of it

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dbell1 View Post
    Was there more than one song this episode?
    I think there were snippets of Juliet onstage. But probably a song we'd already heard before. I know we've seen her doing that knee bouncing dance before. They all sound the same to me.

Still, it's the music that makes this more than just another soap opera.

vCash
    I've missed a couple of episodes lately and haven't cared. It's just gotten too silly. I read an interview with T-Bone Burnett about how he left because it was a constant war between those who wanted to make a show about music (like his wife) and those who wanted to make a full-blown soap opera. The man has a point.

However, I will have to keep an eye on spoilers and tune back in for when Peggy the Mess finally goes completely off the rails and drags Teddy down with her. She HAS to at some point. It's like Chekhov's gun -- if you introduce a wacko like Peggy in act one, she has to go full-on, no-holds-barred, bunny-boiling batty before you're done.
    Charter member of the "We Always Believed in Ashley" Club and the "We Believe in Ricky" Club
    Old, lonely, pathos-hungry, and extremely gullible

From the Bloc
    vCash
    Juliette did Hypnotizing, which we've heard a few times before, notably when she sang acoustic with the stable boys.

They seem to be highlighting three songs per ep - in this case, Juliette, the girls at the wedding and Deacon/Avery rehearsing/at the Blue Bird. On this site - which chronicles the songs in every show, including the background stuff - it says we heard the beginnings of Deacon's song previously when he started to write it.

I'm still enjoying the music very much. Really enjoyed the evolution of Deacon's song as he got more comfortable and Avery's contribution to is, the Stellas had me tearing up, and I've always like Hypnotizing. The guy who replaced T Bone was apparently his #2 last season, and they are still using a diverse group of songwriters. And, Hypnotizing would have be chosen by T Bone last season, along with a few other songs we're still hearing.

vCash
    My guess is that now that Peggy has finally gotten Teddy to marry her, she'll have a "sudden" miscarriage and play up the grieving so he can't leave then tell him that they must try again because she NEEDS to have his baby.

Top Secret FSU Witness Protection Location
    vCash
    Not sure if this was mentioned as I don't follow the thread but Kelly Clarkson will have a guest appearance at some point. She was filming scenes this past week.
    -Brian
    "Michelle would never be caught with sausage grease staining her Vera Wang." - rfisher

Go Team SW Florida! =)
    At Great American Ballpark cheering on my Cincinnati Reds
    vCash
    I'm still watching Nashville and enjoying it very much. I loved the Deacon-Avery comedy hour too (the milk in the coffee scene alone had me rolling with laughter ) and I also loved Deacon and Rayna coming together for Maddie's sake (and Deacon's song was just wonderful). This show is at it's very best when it shows the real, heartfelt relationships between the people on it and that's a big reason why I keep watching...to see those moments which IMO have been there most of this season.

Count me as another one anxious to see Peggy go all crazy psycho! We know it's coming and I'm hoping for a spectacular crash and a ton of drama.
    An MLB.com reporter asked what one thing Votto couldn’t do. “I can’t skate or play hockey,” Votto said. “Well, I can skate ... but I can’t stop.”

"I guess I'm just...I'm not used to someone putting me first." -Emma, Once Upon a Time, episode 2x3, Lady of the Lake

vCash
    Enjoyed this episode right up to the ending. Was the "why aren't you sleeping with me" to Juliette supposed to shock/surprise us? Gay/lesbian storylines are all over TV these days, as they should be. Come on, writers, give us something "original" to make us tune in next week ... not just something that is normal life. Must admit, though, that the previews with Scarlett getting stuff thrown at her on stage piqued my interest.

vCash
    Scarlett kinda broke my heart at the end. I also haven't enjoyed Rayna for awhile but this episode featured that character at her best.

However, I fail to see why I'm supposed to feel sorry for Juliette and not the wife.

Nashville will never be perfect to me (I currently dislike the current love interests for the two ladies), but I see a lot of things that the show has improved. There is a lot more interactions amongst the cast, which I'm really enjoying.

vCash
    So Crazy Peggy lost the fake baby at last -- I tuned in just long enough to see that (and Scarlett's song at the end, which I really liked). And forced Teddy to say that he hadn't just married her for the fake baby. Well played, Crazy Peggy, well played. I'm just disappointed we didn't get a little evil smile from her.
    Charter member of the "We Always Believed in Ashley" Club and the "We Believe in Ricky" Club

vCash
    I loved tonight's episode.

More music, crazy Peggy reenacts Carrie (with freaking pig's blood?!?!), Rayna and new label guy - priceless! And that CD cover art? Not sure if Luke Wheeler and his big hat are nice yet. I have visions of him becoming evil down the road.

Juliette gets some decent scenes too - turning down Olivia, telling off the Wentworths, dropping the iPhone into the glass was made even more funny with Avery's laid back reaction to it. She really needs to stop opening her door.

vCash
    Pig's blood!? She actually used pig's blood? Oh, Crazy Peggy, don't ever change.

vCash
    Yep - was clearly labeled. Where the hell do you even buy that stuff?!? It's probably her secret ingredient for her boiled bunny casserole.

From the Bloc
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dbell1 View Post
    Yep - was clearly labeled. Where the hell do you even buy that stuff?!? It's probably her secret ingredient for her boiled bunny casserole.
    That was my thought too - and why would you buy it? Gross, gross, gross.

But onward, as that remains the most uninteresting part of the show for me. LOVED Juliette and Avery's song at the beginning - can't wait for the soundtrack to come out! Also loving their relationship, but heartbroken for Juliette. Did you see her expression (love Hayden!!!) when Avery was talking to Scarlett on the phone? Poor Juliette realized then that Avery wasn't just being nice to her, he's just a nice guy. (and to you haterz from last season )

manhn I don't feel sorry for the wife as it sounds like screwing around is her way too. I don't agree with anyone sleeping with someone who is married and Juliette shouldn't have done it, but in my books she gets a pass now. And yes, dbell Juliette needs to stop opening her door

I'm also suspicious of Luke, but I think Rayna can handle him. I don't like them together but I can see where Rayna is going with this. LOVED her dealing with Jeff and handling the nasty crowd - I think we saw with this ep why Rayna is the big star she is.

Also loved all the tour bus/backstage/performance stuff in this ep - aside from the characters and music etc I'm really enjoying this insiders look into Nashville's music business. I don't know if it's at all realistic, but it feels like it is, much more so that Wyatt's business dealings and municipal politics (mind you, I live in Toronto, so my view may be a bit off )

I still want Tandy to be more than just someone for Rayna to talk to and take care of the kids though.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenny View Post
    Poor Juliette realized then that Avery wasn't just being nice to her, he's just a nice guy. (and to you haterz from last season )
    Certainly he's done a 180, but I reserve my right to loathe first-season Avery. After all, if he did a 180 to nice, that means he was loathsome before.

From the Bloc
    vCash
    I prefer to think that he was a bad boy with a good heart who got a big reality check and readjusted his priorities

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenny View Post
    I prefer to think that he was a bad boy with a good heart who got a big reality check and readjusted his priorities
    Not a douche who reformed when he got his just desserts?
    One day your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it's worth watching.

vCash
    I have an Avery confession. As one of the haterz, I will happily own to not liking the character most of last season. But, once he burned the masters and gave back the car, he grew on me. Now, I love watching him. BUT - if Teddy did a 180, I'd still think of him as being a slimy slime that slimes. Some characters can be redeemed by a decent actor and a rewrite, others, well, they can save a bus full of orphans and kittens from a burning bridge, and I'll still despise them.

vCash
    Yeah, yeah, friends should not be going out with your friends' exes, but goodness, Scarlett was a whiner! And BS that Avery never lied to Scarlett. BS!

And how expensive is Rayna's house that she has enough equity to buy herself out of her record contract!?!?!? Is Nashville's real estate market like NYC's?

Gunnar's song with the random lady was really pretty.

vCash
    So is it Crazy Peggy getting offed just as slimy Teddy tells her she's his twu luv? Or is it Will face planting a train?

I figured Luke was just a label loving slime ball. LOVED Rayna's face when she realized Luke, Deacon, and Teddy were all gone from her FWB/ex dating circle.

Dear Scarlett - Avery did too lie to you in the past. Many times. And he'll be breaking your heart soon with Juliette. Happy sobbing into that fluffy pillow.

Page 16 of 21 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast