Page 14 of 21 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyliefan View Post
    Well, I like country music, and I think most of the storylines have gotten silly, so I'd be happy if it were just a concert.
    I watched/taped/DVRd All My Children for 41 years (since day 1 - snow day in grade school), so I need some silly soap! :-)

BTW, wyliefan - Paul and I share a birthday - October 28!
    Last edited by Susan1; 10-11-2013 at 01:15 PM.

vCash
    When Tandy breaks out into song, then we can call this "Gleeville", otherwise, I'm sort of okay with the music. Wonder if the new music people on the show have anything to do with the switch? TBone Burnett left the show after last year. Now, if they stop beginning songs with their back to the audience, then doing the slow turn, I'll cheer - that always annoyed me.

Holy rathair makeover Scarlett! It's amazing what conditioner and clothes can do to. I wonder if they had the character deliberately farmtown frumpy last year just to 'swan' her this year?

So, Rayna and Liam fall into bed and we get two seconds of kissing and then a post cuddle? LOVED the united front they had regarding the record. And ITA with chantilly, Connie's an amazing actress, but the singing - no. Turn her into a mogul who nurtures talent and let's get off the 'Rayna's a fabulous singer' track.

Chip Esten is really selling Deacon fighting his demons. If he doesn't fall into bed with the doctor, I'll be happy. Bye Coleman. I'll miss you. Hoping that means that politics are not going to be center stage this season?

Juliette continues to be a beautiful mess.

Not a fan of Will this season. Maybe it's the actor, but he's not that interesting to me. They had the reality show runner up eyeing him up - wonder what they're doing with that?

Did Gunner and Scarlett's friend go off together? MAJOR betrayal there if it happened. You don't hop into your best friend's ex's bed (well, except on this show). And how did Scarlett not give her a head's up that Will's in the closet?

vCash
    I don't get the Rayna singing hate. She wouldn't make it as a country music star, but I enjoy her singing and never mute it or fast forward like I often do with Juliette (not because she can't sing, but because I tend to hate her songs)
    One day your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it's worth watching.

Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chantilly View Post
    I love the SL of Will the closeted Country star. Plus he needs to be shirtless every episode.
    He makes me go all chicken lady!!
    It's official. I am madly in love with Meryl Davis.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dbell1 View Post
    So, Rayna and Liam fall into bed and we get two seconds of kissing and then a post cuddle? LOVED the united front they had regarding the record.
    Not a fan of those two together since he tried to hoodwink her last year. We already have Juliette and Scarlett getting their hay poked by a bunch of ne'er-do-wells.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by heckles View Post
    We already have Juliette and Scarlett getting their hay poked by a bunch of ne'er-do-wells.
    I think you just pretty much summed up the show in one sentence.
    Charter member of the "We Always Believed in Ashley" Club and the "We Believe in Ricky" Club

vCash
    That was the best ep in quite a while (though I missed last week's, so can't compare it to that). Juliette's idea was actually brilliant. And she was so sweet with Maddie. And so many good songs! Loved Scarlett's duet with Zoey. (Although re: Zoey, "preacher's daughter gone wild" is SUCH a cliche, I couldn't help rolling my eyes a bit.)
    Charter member of the "We Always Believed in Ashley" Club and the "We Believe in Ricky" Club

vCash
    So many good songs? Um, I think not. I wanted to hit the mute button for each and every one.

vCash
    To each her own. I liked 'em.

vCash
    Pretty good ep. I'm darned if I'm gonna tweet #LaylaAndWill, though.

drinky typo pbp, closet hugger
    vCash
    so, my tv viewing is way down this season, and I gave up Nashville after the first ep of the season (it seemed to get the Desperate housewives treatment - take a witty, layered show that isn't afraid to go broad and amp the soapy OTT-ness to 100 at the expense of nuance in an effort to draw in audiences). is it worth getting caught up?
    Q: Why can't I read the competition threads?
    A: Competition forums on the board are available to those with a Season Pass or a premium membership How to View Kiss & Cry

vCash
    Well, it's still awfully soapy. But there are still enough good things in it to keep me watching, at least for now. Let me put it this way -- what was it that you liked about it? If you let me know, then I can tell you whether those things are still there or not!

From the Bloc
    vCash
    I thought this week's episode was outstanding! Sure there are soapy elements, but the big difference is the reality of the backdrop of the music business in Nashville - when I think of nighttime soaps in the past, they've usually faked some family business or other. And the music of course - loved Avery, Gunner and Zoey, and LOVED they way they brought back Rayna's voice.

And since when is Tandy's surname Hampton? Is that their mother's name and maybe she took it while working with Wyatt to give the illusion that she's wasn't just in the job because of Daddy?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenny View Post
    And since when is Tandy's surname Hampton? Is that their mother's name and maybe she took it while working with Wyatt to give the illusion that she's wasn't just in the job because of Daddy?
    I wondered about that too. Wasn't the mother's name Jaymes, and that's where Rayna got it from?

From the Bloc
    vCash
    Yes now that you say I recall that. From the beginning I've been wanting Tandy's story - maybe that's our first hint.

From the Bloc
    vCash
    oops wrong thread!

vCash
    I think there's too many new characters being tossed at us to keep track of.

Sorry Jenny, but I'm hating the 'stop, go, slow' song. Not sure how Avery & Gunnar went from hating each other to being guitar buddies. Zoe is Scarlett's best friend, but is sleeping with Scarlett's ex bf (who proposed to her AFTER a drunken bender, cheating on her, burning her couch, and having ugly hair?) Eh, don't buy it.

I did like Scarlett's song with Deacon and Rayna's comeback song. Will, eh, the less said about that yee haw knockoff, the better.

They really need to get rid of the hash tag crap. I know Twitter's popular, but really? Glad to see that Layla's really an evil little witch underneath. Should be an interesting tour. at the 'mini me' comment.

Pretty surprised Rayna didn't defend Juliette to the living legend/new guy in the hat. Juliette's been pretty freaking decent to the queen of country and really great with Maddie. That alone would make me defend her. Of course, I don't have Connie Britton's hair or Rayna's mindset.

So, Lamar's going to jail, Tandy's still playing both sides, and Rayna's clueless? She'll go scorched earth if she finds out what's really behind it.

From the Bloc
    vCash
    I think Avery and Gunner now that they are both exes, and more importantly, both contractless musicians - bros sticking together and all that. I do think it was a mistake to sleep with Zoey though - she seemed to think so when she woke up - because I think a lot of people consider all exes off limits to their close/old friends. And sisters for that matter. Maybe not everyone, but I could see where it would be considered a betrayal - not by Gunner, but by Zoey to her old friend.

Agree re Twitter - I really don't like any crossovers with social media that so many shows are trying to do now - if I wanted to know what people were saying on Twitter, I'd be on bloody Twitter, and if I wanted to join in, I think I could find the stupid hashtag myself. For that matter - middle aged rant coming - I'd love to get rid of all the crap on my screen that isn't the show - the bugs and ads continue to get bigger and more annoying. This is the benefit of DVDs - you can watch the shows you love without these nonsense distractions.

re Rayna defending Juliette - I thought what happened there is that Juliette realized that what she said under similar circumstances was just as hurtful to Avery as it was to her. That she realized that Rayna did what she did - let it slide because it wasn't the time or the person to do battle with, but it didn't mean that she agreed with him. I think Juliette was upset about Luke Wheeler blowing her off, not so much Rayna's lack of response. Am I wrong?

vCash
    I have a Twitter confession. I follow the show and some others and made a comment on a season opening sneak preview feed about 'Rayna's hair still looks fabulous' when she was in the coma. It was retweeted by a producer, which I thought was really funny. Apparently there's a 'Connie Britton's hair' twitter account. She's not on there, but a lot of the cast is.

They're trying live tweeting this year with the show, but I'm with you - I'd rather watch the show then try to have a multimedia experience. It's not the freaking Super Bowl.

Even my teen is mocking Survivor's attempt to trend things. When your target audience finds it annoying, there's a problem...

...twitter rant over...

Onto Juliette - I took her comment about 'someone not having my back' to be directed at Rayna. But, the character growth continued. She didn't lash out at Rayna or throw things, she went to find Avery.

From the Bloc
    vCash
    Oh ok forgot about the having my back comment. So I guess she felt stung by Rayna and realized that she had done the same to Avery. At the same time, I do think Rayna has grown to like and respect Juliette, and simply didn't think it was the time to argue with the guy who was hosting the show - perhaps especially since in some ways she ended up hijacking it - Luke asked her to sing, but it ended up being a big deal with the audience etc.

Either way, I love this show

Page 14 of 21 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast