Page 12 of 21 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

vCash
    Holy crap! Just caught up on the final 3 eps of the season How much scandal can they put into one episode?!!!

It's not going to take me a few days to catch up on this thread here
    One day your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it's worth watching.

From the Bloc
    vCash
    Some news: Connie Britton has just been nominated for an Emmy

Season premiere is Wed Sept 25

vCash
    Hayden Panettiere was been robbed. And that is something I thought I'd never say. Connie is a great actress (and I floved her in Friday Night Lights), but her Rayna didn't light up the screen. Hayden, however, just stole the show. And her work in the final episode was heartbreaking.

From the Bloc
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dbell1 View Post
    Hayden Panettiere was been robbed. And that is something I thought I'd never say. Connie is a great actress (and I floved her in Friday Night Lights), but her Rayna didn't light up the screen. Hayden, however, just stole the show. And her work in the final episode was heartbreaking.
    Agree - and it's a tough category with seven nominees already. I think the nomination is in part recognition of her body of work, while Hayden is still very young. This is Connie's 4th nom.

If it's any consolation, the show's other nomination is for music and lyrics, for the song Juliette sang in the finale - Nothing in This World Will Ever Break My Heart Again.

I'm also just really happy to see the show get serious recognition in its first year.

In other news, TBone Burnett will not be the music director for the second season, and is passing the job to his #2 while he works on other projects (he's very prolific), so hope that doesn't affect the quality of the music, which is so much of what makes this show. My bet is that songwriters, musicians and producers are all trying to get on this show though, so hopefully #2 guy will keep it up, and even improve on last season.

vCash
    Hayden Panettiere was been robbed. And that is something I thought I'd never say. Connie is a great actress (and I floved her in Friday Night Lights), but her Rayna didn't light up the screen. Hayden, however, just stole the show.
    I'm cool with Britton's nomination but I would have liked to have seen Panettiere nominated as well. Maybe Panettiere's work is being penalized because the role she plays on the show is unlikable.

vCash
    As HP and CB would've been nominated in different categories, it's not like Connie "stole" a slot from her. HP's biggest problem is that she is not on a cool show on a cool cable network starring a cool movie star and co-starring cool movie stars.

From the Bloc
    vCash
    I also read that Hayden would have been in the supporting category, which is ridiculous. She is the co-star with Connie, so should be in the lead category.

vCash
    I suppose what TPTB may have been thinking is that if you submit two of your actresses into the same category and they're both accepted, you may dilute the votes of voters who like your show or movie, and then neither win. Think Geena Davis and Susan Sarandon in Thelma & Louise.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyliefan View Post
    So apparently everyone in Nashville is still a nymphomaniac . . .
    I loved the episode. Juliette's back to being a manipulative witch, but I do hope her softer side with Maddie is real, and not for something for Connie Britton doing the episode without a ton of makeup, I thought she looked better.

I was giggling at the preview with Rayna going "I can't sing", since my main complaint the whole show has been she never could freaking sing.

So now Rayna can't sing and Deacon can't play guitar - awesome. And Wacky Beret is going to have a fake pregnancy.

vCash
    Oh, thanks for bringing that quote over here. I didn't know if we still had a thread for the show!

Juliette is hilariously evil still, but I do think she was genuine with Maddie, and it was very sweet. I'm just rolling my eyes over the studly personal assistant. She had him in bed in, what, five minutes? (And I was snarking, "What took you so long?") At this point it's almost beyond parody. If I were hiring a PA for Juliette, I'd make it an elderly German governess.

at "Wacky Beret." Just how long does she think she can pull this off, anyway? Is she gonna stuff a sofa cushion under her dress, or what?

Speaking of sofas, I must see if I can work "death to the chick sofa!" into my next conversation.
    Last edited by Wyliefan; 09-26-2013 at 04:47 AM.
    Charter member of the "We Always Believed in Ashley" Club and the "We Believe in Ricky" Club
    Old, lonely, pathos-hungry, and extremely gullible

vCash
    Wacky Beret is going to have a fake pregnancy.
    Wacky Beret What's the point of faking a pregnancy when the alleged babydaddy already told her that he through with her, even if she's pregnant? Please tell me she's not going to do a Lifetime Channel plot and steal someone's baby.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by heckles View Post
    Wacky Beret What's the point of faking a pregnancy when the alleged babydaddy already told her that he through with her, even if she's pregnant? Please tell me she's not going to do a Lifetime Channel plot and steal someone's baby.
    Oh LORD, I didn't even think of that!!

Teddy was ice-cold in that first scene with her. So much for the guy who was so crazy about her he couldn't stay away. Jackass. Not that she hasn't been horrible in her own way, but still.
    Charter member of the "We Always Believed in Ashley" Club and the "We Believe in Ricky" Club

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyliefan View Post
    Teddy was ice-cold in that first scene with her. So much for the guy who was so crazy about her he couldn't stay away. Jackass. Not that she hasn't been horrible in her own way, but still.
    You'd think he'd at least string her along to keep her from cutting a deal with authorities that does him in. That didn't make sense. (It also didn't make sense that Rayna didn't know that Deacon was drunk in those flashbacks).

I think Juliet at some point is going to leak to the press the fact that Maddie isn't Teddy's. It'll be something sleazy like giving a tabloid the info in exchange for them not printing something about Juliet.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Allskate View Post
    I think Juliet at some point is going to leak to the press the fact that Maddie isn't Teddy's. It'll be something sleazy like giving a tabloid the info in exchange for them not printing something about Juliet.
    I agree. I can't see the point of Juliet getting this info otherwise. Maybe another copy of that sex tape will get leaked, and she'll offer up the 411 about Rayna in exchange.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Allskate View Post
    You'd think he'd at least string her along to keep her from cutting a deal with authorities that does him in. That didn't make sense. (It also didn't make sense that Rayna didn't know that Deacon was drunk in those flashbacks).

I kind of hope not. I like that she's hilariously evil, but there are limits. Betraying Maddie's trust would cross the line from hilariously evil to just plain evil.

Go Team SW Florida! =)
    At Great American Ballpark cheering on my Cincinnati Reds
    vCash
    I thought the season premiere last night was pretty good for the most part. I've never looked at this show as anything other than great fun with awesome music so I wasn't disappointed at all. Forget the fact that I just watched the season finale last week because I was too busy all summer to see it prior to that...I'm a little slow, LOL

Loved the couch line too! That was hilarious. I actually liked Avery last night and I knew the minute Juliette started whining about all the attention Rayna was getting that she was going to do something like she did to get into the spotlight. I think we all saw that coming! I kept wondering why Deacon was in prison for the car accident when I knew he wasn't the one driving but he's in such a bad place that I guess it was where he wanted to be. It was hard to watch him be so mean to Scarlet but dang, Charles Estin killed those scenes. It should be illegal for anyone to look as good as Connie Britton did with barely any makeup on.

Looking forward to next week!
    An MLB.com reporter asked what one thing Votto couldn’t do. “I can’t skate or play hockey,” Votto said. “Well, I can skate ... but I can’t stop.”

"I guess I'm just...I'm not used to someone putting me first." -Emma, Once Upon a Time, episode 2x3, Lady of the Lake

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HeatherC View Post
    It was hard to watch him be so mean to Scarlet but dang, Charles Estin killed those scenes.
    Between Juliette, Rayna and Deacon, the acting on this show is top-notch. I'm not a fan of Scarlett's vapid character but the Australian actress playing the part does a decent job with what she's given.

vCash
    Oh my gosh,

Spoiler

There's hope!!

Go Team SW Florida! =)
    At Great American Ballpark cheering on my Cincinnati Reds
    vCash
    I really liked that song Gunner sang about his brother even though it was sad.

Love that Rayna and Juliette have an enemy in common in that new guy at their record label. I think they could easily team up to take him out at some point. Man is he a twit.

Deacon and Rayna still have awesome chemistry. I don't think his hand will be hurt permanently but it was sure fun watching Scarlet yell at him for half the episode (and she's right too).

Avery is still a character I like which makes me very happy this season because I adore Jonathan Jackson and hated not liking his character last season.

Hehe, Juliette has a new enemy in that Layla girl....this should be fun, LOL
    An MLB.com reporter asked what one thing Votto couldn’t do. “I can’t skate or play hockey,” Votto said. “Well, I can skate ... but I can’t stop.”

"I guess I'm just...I'm not used to someone putting me first." -Emma, Once Upon a Time, episode 2x3, Lady of the Lake

vCash
    Best episode in a while (maybe because it was mostly music and no bed-hopping? ). Everyone was at the top of their game. Gunnar's song was gorgeous. That last scene with Juliette watching the reality star was priceless.

I LOVE Mean Scarlett. Please let us have more of this!!

Anyone else getting a bit tired of the way everyone uses Tandy? Tandy can do this, Tandy can do that, Tandy will just be dragged off to wherever she's needed. It's nice that there's one selfless person on this show -- make that two; Zoey seems pretty selfless -- but poor Tandy needs a chance to have her own life!

Page 12 of 21 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast