Page 10 of 20 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyliefan View Post
    Hope they think long and hard!
    Juliette needs to stop thinking about long and hard things all the time. Just as her character began to improve, she began mucking up again.

drinky typo pbp, closet hugger
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyliefan View Post
    Yeah, I saw those too. But if the bulk of the audience finds it as boring and off-putting as some of us here do, it could play havoc with the ratings. We'll see . . .
    it made me think TPTB don't think the existing audience is enough, and they need to do something different to get more people to watch, unfortunately
    Q: Why can't I read the competition threads?
    A: Competition forums on the board are available to those with a Season Pass or a premium membership How to View Kiss & Cry

vCash
    I'd like to see some plot lines involving real Nashville stars. The scene at Deacon's birthday party with Vince Gill and a few others was good, but very short.

From the Bloc
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dbell1 View Post
    Deacon's still our moral compass on the show -
    Talking about the show yesterday I mentioned this phrase to my husband, who noted that historically a deacon is a religious figure, a sort of servant of the church. I expect they just picked a sexy name, but it's interesting, no? Deacon the character is like a servant to the church of country music, the perennial sidekick to the bigger figures, but who keeps it all going. And even if we didn't hear his name spoken all the time, he wears it prominently on his guitar strap, sort of like the formal robes and decorations of a church. I've noticed it before and thought it was a bit out of character for him to choose something like that, but it would make sense if someone gave it to him as a gift, and in the process, somehow anointed him to this role.

(former Lost fan here, can ya tell? )

Go Team SW Florida! =)
    At Great American Ballpark cheering on my Cincinnati Reds
    vCash
    Interesting to read here that NBC did the promos for Nashville since the show airs on ABC......LOL

I got behind a bit on this show due to the great flood of 2013 (our basement is still a mess but thankfully the insurance money is finally here and we can start repairs) but I did watch last week and thought it was pretty good. LOVED Rayna & Deacon's scenes at the hospital and that Deacon stood up for Avery (oy vey, that Dante nightmare is a massive tool). I need to catch up on the previous 2-3 episodes to really get myself up to date but I do still enjoy this show and hate that I got behind the last few weeks.

BTW-Did anyone else know that the actress who plays Scarlett is from Australia?! Her real accent is so beautiful and she does seem like an eccentric but very sweet person in real life (remembering her from the Nashville panel at Paleyfest last month).
    An MLB.com reporter asked what one thing Votto couldn’t do. “I can’t skate or play hockey,” Votto said. “Well, I can skate ... but I can’t stop.”

"I guess I'm just...I'm not used to someone putting me first." -Emma, Once Upon a Time, episode 2x3, Lady of the Lake

drinky typo pbp, closet hugger
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HeatherC View Post
    Interesting to read here that NBC did the promos for Nashville since the show airs on ABC......LOL
    Q: Why can't I read the competition threads?
    A: Competition forums on the board are available to those with a Season Pass or a premium membership How to View Kiss & Cry

From the Bloc
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HeatherC View Post
    BTW-Did anyone else know that the actress who plays Scarlett is from Australia?! Her real accent is so beautiful and she does seem like an eccentric but very sweet person in real life (remembering her from the Nashville panel at Paleyfest last month).
    Yes - we discussed this earlier in the season - see clip below.

Quote Originally Posted by Jenny View Post
    Here's something fun for those curious as to how the actors playing Scarlett and Gunner sound in RL - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q67_o3levYY

Go Team SW Florida! =)
    At Great American Ballpark cheering on my Cincinnati Reds
    vCash
    Yes - we discussed this earlier in the season - see clip below.
    Oh thanks. I somehow missed seeing that the first time (or forgot about it which I'm more inclined to believe since my brain barely functions early in the week, LOL).
    An MLB.com reporter asked what one thing Votto couldn’t do. “I can’t skate or play hockey,” Votto said. “Well, I can skate ... but I can’t stop.”

"I guess I'm just...I'm not used to someone putting me first." -Emma, Once Upon a Time, episode 2x3, Lady of the Lake

vCash
    Curse you ABC. You yank the show around on the schedule and it gets forgotten.

It was a good show last night. Bit stilted dialogue wise. I swear it's lazy writing when we come into a scene mid fight (Scarlett and Gunanr). Just wondering - Who called it upthread that random upstairs neighbor was gay? Memo to ABC set designers - that house they keep showing those 3 living in DOES NOT contain an upper floor.

Nice scene with Avery and Scarlett backstage and then front stage. I guess he's now on his redemption tour. On this show, it'll last 2 episodes.

Dante's evil mustache twirling villain takes off with a bag of Juliette's $? She'll just go write something else about heartache and make more. But at Juliette ID'ing the pills mama od' on years ago.

Rayna - stop being Alicia Florrick and just PICK ONE GUY. I'd have gone to St. Lucia with Liam.

Teddy dumped bunny boiler? That's totally not going to end well. She was his partner in crime with the bank deal. Does he really think she's going to fade away? Dope. And now Tandy's hanging with Coleman. You just know that bad bank deal is coming out soon.

vCash
    I forgot about the bank deal. I thought Tandy (I have never seen a character on television have so little of her own life as Tandy) was talking about Teddy not being the biological father for the elder daughter (as if I know their names). I thought FINALLY! Tandy is getting interesting by potentially hurting her sister. But, nope.

I found the episode lame. Everyone was too stupid.

vCash
    I knew they were going down the Brokeback Mountain route, but seriously? I wish tv shows would stop changing their character's sexuality as if it's that clear cut and simple. I'll be annoyed if Gunnar now is gay, because he hasn't shown a single sign of it before or any struggle being with Scarlet because he liked men. That kind of plot contrivance out of the blue pisses me off. I've had friends who came out later than average and it sure as hell wasn't because a cowboy/girl kissed them and they realised they'd been mistaken about their sexuality the whole time!
    One day your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it's worth watching.

vCash
    Rayna - stop being Alicia Florrick and just PICK ONE GUY. I'd have gone to St. Lucia with Liam.
    I'm not liking this Liam bit. The guy tried to rip her off, and now she's hot for him? What's that about?

From the Bloc
    vCash
    Caught up last night - and I sincerely hope that those who live by ratings count the pvrs, because that's how I watch it every week.

Points to those who called Brokeback Cowboy - I was really hoping it was more music industry related, but in this ep when they were laying on the womanizing so thick it became obvious that's where we'd end up. Jen, not sure why you are worried about Gunner, because didn't he clearly freak when dude kissed him? Unless I'm missing something there too.

Knew Gunner was using his brother's lyrics (and why do all dead tv and movie characters conveniently leave a diary behind?) but why the big deal when he would have been the one to write the music, no? I liked the song - he's great on the soppy stuff with Scarlett, but I'm glad to see this side as well. There's a song by him that's really hokey country on the CD that I don't remember from the show (maybe it was cut?), and I don't like it all, so this is a good sign. Too bad the producers didn't give it to Avery though as I would have liked to hear him do it.

And yes, the redemption of Avery continues - makes me wonder once again if fan reaction beginning and mid season influenced the storyline/character development. They tried to make him a bad-boy-in-a-good-way but didn't quite get it right judging by the fact that everyone here (but me!) hated him, so they're trying hard to fix it now and bouncing him too far the other way. He was clearly meant to be one of the stars of the show, so we'll see if they can get it right over the summer.

LOVED that song with Liam and Rayna!! This is why I pvr - I rewound and watched it twice What a great song and performance by both, and Deacon watching was awesome. Then finally Deacon and Rayna reunite in the bedroom - I thought it came on way too quickly but I guess they might have wanted to make it a surprise rather than wait for the obvious season finale moment. Not sure I want them together, but then again I'm sure it will be fraught with issues.

at Deacon's girlfriend knowing who Liam was but not knowing any of the many country stars she's been meeting.

And to everyone who called Dante's trapdooring (love that term dbell!) - we figured he was scamming one way or another, but the way it turned out it really didn't make sense to have him be the controlling jerk manager in the past few eps, because if he was conning the whole time, wouldn't he have stuck to charming and trustworthy? I realize he wanted to cut Juliette off from the influence of others so he could get at the money, but it still doesn't seem like the right MO. Also, why didn't Dante and RE girl stick around a little longer? Dante had fixed it so that he would be the go between buying the house, so they could have got their money on a few more million, no?

Oh right, Dante's story arc contract must've been up. I really don't like this habit of nighttime dramas - core characters supported by a revolving cast of 3-5 eppers. It becomes too obvious after awhile - certainly has on this show the way everyone just sat around and waited for cowboy and Dante to run their course.

Anyway I didn't like Juliette with Tebow either - she's so desperate for personal connections that she becomes this mushbrain, and I prefer her strong and forward and in control. And messing with many cute boys This is what I loved about her and Deacon - they were on equal ground in many ways, and were actually pretty good for each other I thought. I don't want them to be a couple, but I do want them to go back to being friends with benefits, plus awesome songwriting/performing partners.

Glad we might be getting more Tandy - love her and Rayna together - but too bad it's with this boring city story. Unless it all directly ties back to Rayna and the music industry, it's a waste of valuable screen time IMO.

vCash

Points to those who called Brokeback Cowboy - I was really hoping it was more music industry related, but in this ep when they were laying on the womanizing so thick it became obvious that's where we'd end up. Jen, not sure why you are worried about Gunner, because didn't he clearly freak when dude kissed him? Unless I'm missing something there too.
    He did freak, but that could also mean that next week, they're in bed together. This is TV. Callie became a lesbian on Grey's after her marriage to George failed, and with someone with whom she had no chemistry, to boot. I just don't trust the writers

My predictions: Scarlett and Gunnar won't last. At least not for now.
    Rayna and Deacon: she'll tell him about Maddie and he'll be all hurt and upset that she didn't tell him 13 years ago and they won't speak for another season, and then end up in bed together again at the end of season 2.
    Avery has now been redeemed (aww) so will end up with Scarlett again. Maybe.
    Juliette will get a proper manager.
    Rayna will fight with Tandy.
    One day your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it's worth watching.

From the Bloc
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by heckles View Post
    I'm not liking this Liam bit. The guy tried to rip her off, and now she's hot for him? What's that about?
    Did he? Do you mean that he was supposed to get a bonus if she signed with the other record company and brought other artists? I agree it was a bit devious to not mention that there would be financial benefit to him too, but I wouldn't call that stealing from Rayna. Had she gone for that deal, she would have benefited financially far more than him, and she would have got the label she wanted. (Remember at the time that Edgehill was giving her a hard time and she felt out of control in her career, which is part of why she went to Liam in the first place).

vCash
    Did he? Do you mean that he was supposed to get a bonus if she signed with the other record company and brought other artists?
    I recalled that he was attempting to double-dip into Rayna's share of the royalties if the deal went through. Was that not what he was doing? Seemed pretty sneaky and makes you wonder what else he had up his sleeve. Regardless, he was also trying to hook up with her when she was still married to her Steady Teddy, so he just seems shady all around. I assume he's just a distraction though, much like Deacon's veterinarian, and will be gone soon.

vCash
    Just wondering - Who called it upthread that random upstairs neighbor was gay?
    I was one of the ones that was thinking Brokeback cowboy. But I agree with Jen that it will be really annoying if the writers have Gunner be gay. I'd be fine with Gunner being written off the show.

I totally disagree. Deacon all the way. He's my favorite character on the show. If Maddie really is his, I think that story line will be fascinating -- if the writers don't blow it.

I thought the Juliette/Dante storyline veered off into stupid.

From the Bloc
    vCash
    Renewed for a second season!!!

Also, a comment re this week - which I LOVED -

Why is it apparently a big deal that Gunner used his brother's lyrics in a song? Gunner would have written the music and arranged it, then performed it, so isn't it just as much his song at this point? And unless his brother copyrighted the songs in his journal, aren't they open for anyone to use? Artists get inspiration in all kinds of places, no? And assuming Gunner is the sole heir of his brother anyway, doesn't he sorta kinda own those words now, and can do whatever he wants with them? And then why wouldn't you just introduce the song as one you wrote, putting the words of your late brother to music and honouring him by performing the hell out of it?

I don't get it.

vCash
    I don't get it either. Of course, next season Gunnar's brother's girlfriend will suddenly appear and she will know that those lyrics were her "man's" so will use that against Gunnar. And then they will make out.

vCash
    I don't know if Gunnar wrote the melody, but he definitely did not write the lyrics, and he's taking credit for writing the lyrics. The issue is no whether he has ownership rights to the song through inheritance. The issue is that he's pretending to have written lyrics he didn't write and to have a persona he does not have. It's not honest, and if someone signs him thinking this is the kind of music he's capable of writing, they probably would end up feeling duped.

Page 10 of 20 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast