Page 8 of 21 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by genevieve View Post
    (and you can bet at some point it will be Scarlett's fault for making him kick Jason out)
    I thought they were going to go there right away. I was all "Oh, he's going to blame her . . . oh, wait . . . okay, maybe he's not."
    Charter member of the "We Always Believed in Ashley" Club and the "We Believe in Ricky" Club
    Old, lonely, pathos-hungry, and extremely gullible

drinky typo pbp, closet hugger
    vCash
    I thought that's where they were heading right away too. I'm actually not sure which would have been better

Q: Why can't I read the competition threads?
    A: Competition forums on the board are available to those with a Season Pass or a premium membership How to View Kiss & Cry

vCash
    I thought that's where they were heading right away too. I'm actually not sure which would have been better

I'm sure they'll go there when the novelty of the grief sex wears off And then the grief sex will stop and they'll go back to mooning over each other.
    One day your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it's worth watching.

From the Bloc
    vCash
    I think they might go there too. There are stages of grief, and blame's going to fit in there somewhere. Plus, they can't have the youngsters all happy and sunshine this early on - there have got to be a few more bumps in that road.

From the Bloc
    vCash
    FINALLY a new ep tonight! Previews look steamy ...

vCash
    omg has it been like 2 months since the last new ep?!?

this one was....just ok. Even though it's been weeeeeks and weeeeks for us, it's the very next day for them, and suddenly, Gunnar is a complete asshat who's willing to throw everything he's worked for away! At a biker bar!! And Scarlett shows that she's a doormat in relationships - but she'll get hers in the end, since her magical ladyparts not only turn men into complete jerks, but feed off of said men to generate her another step forward in a career she swears she doesn't want. whee!

decent understated scenes with Deacon, Rayna and Teddy in the hospital, with Juliette and her various minions (and ultimately with her mom's counselor, who is guaranteed to be her next inappropriate relationship ), and WHEEE! Rayna wailing at Juliette on the phone Fun stuff with Deacon and Pretty Vet Lady, Anonymous Puppy, and Coleman.

Oh, and Avery is still on the show. at his song being mixed as dubstep

let's hope the show has shaken off the cobwebs and next week will be back to form.
    A: Competition forums on the board are available to those with a Season Pass or a premium membership How to View Kiss & Cry

vCash
    Gunnar in the hood and jacket at the biker bar had me - yep, he looked tough. He was going to be slab meat next to worthless brother until scary hair and polo Deacon showed up.

Teddy's asshattedness continues. Seriously - he tosses the 'you were never there' argument at the family breadwinner? She was off making $ to support the family while he was embezzling with the mopey wanna be gf and going bankrupt. Ugh. Did he marry a singer and think she was never going on tour? And from the previews - inviting Peggy into the home? Yep, that'll stay secret.

Juliette on the floor in the kitchen - love Hayden. She can stop a scene with just a look. And to Rayna yelling at her on the phone.

Glad Avery grew a pair. Had the feeling he'd show up at the Bluebird. Now, will he crawl back to the band or continue on with Gunner's leftover at the songwriting place?

Puppy is so cute. Figures Horn Dog owner would use it to score a vet.

vCash
    Scarlett shows that she's a doormat in relationships - but she'll get hers in the end, since her magical ladyparts not only turn men into complete jerks, but feed off of said men to generate her another step forward in a career she swears she doesn't want. whee!
    So what was up at the end of the show when she got a call informing her that she had a record deal, and she's side-eyeing Gunnar in bed?

vCash
    Heckles - I think they only wanted Scarlett since Gunnar blew off the audition to drink and practice wearing tough guy clothes.

I'm wondering if Rayna will sign Avery next and then pair him with Scarlett?

My favorite scene was Deacon singing "Love Like Mine" to the unnamed puppy. And I giggled about "Sue" being his name. Don't think Doc Vet will last long.

Do we think Juliette's old manager will be coming back soon? Or will it be Rehab counselor/former millionaire taking the job?

vCash
    And Scarlett shows that she's a doormat in relationships - but she'll get hers in the end, since her magical ladyparts not only turn men into complete jerks, but feed off of said men to generate her another step forward in a career she swears she doesn't want. whee!
    Quote Originally Posted by heckles View Post
    So what was up at the end of the show when she got a call informing her that she had a record deal, and she's side-eyeing Gunnar in bed?
    that's exactly what I was commenting on

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dbell1 View Post
    Heckles - I think they only wanted Scarlett since Gunnar blew off the audition to drink and practice wearing tough guy clothes.
    He's an idiot, then. I don't think she's obligated to be loyal to him. How long have they been performing together? A month? Two?

From the Bloc
    vCash
    Finally caught up last night - goodness if you are a Deacon fan that ep was for you! Love that Deacon was both totally awkward, and the smoothest guy around , and I thought his very, very honest talk with Gunner at the biker bar was awesome.

As for Gunner, yeah all a bit silly but I can see it. Little brother always wants to be the big man, and is haunted by the time he took off and blames himself for his brother's incarceration - and now for his death. That's pretty heavy, and while it's been weeks for us, it had only been a day or two for him, so emotions still raw. I really thought at some point he'd blame it on Scarlett for refusing to have the gun in the house and wanting to kick him out. Maybe that's to come, once he finds out about the record deal

Believe it or not I was defending the record producer when Avery was having his fit - maybe not what Avery wanted, but he's an adult and should know that this is what this guy does. He invests all the money and effort upfront and makes you a star - they were talking Europe so it seems the guy had big plans for him. Then hubby, a lifelong music fan and reader of music biographies, pointed out the number of big and small musicians who have been screwed by their record companies, and applauded his destroying the tapes. Wasn't big on that Bluebird song (and was expecting to see Wise Whitey or Bucky in the crowd), but did like the character development. So did he pay that $75K with the $100K he got for his song rights? Did that transaction happen?

Love everything about Juliette, but definitely do not want her getting mixed up with the counselor - just too much given his role in her mom's life. Like the idea of them all going on tour though - because then we get Deacon in that mix too.

Rayna is fabulous - loved her call to Juliette! "Girl!"

vCash
    I love the way Juliette meditates. But who the heck told her to dress like Maria von Trapp leaving the convent for the first time?

Do NOT love all this bed-hopping crap. If that's what I wanted, I'd be watching daytime soaps. I know, this isn't Little House on the Prairie, but it's starting to feel out of control. Like a desperate and very obvious grab for ratings.

Spoiler

Charter member of the "We Always Believed in Ashley" Club and the "We Believe in Ricky" Club

vCash
    Really Teddy, you're letting PEGGY FREAKING KENTER sleep in Rayna's bed? Yep, no one will ever find that out.

So - Lamar - poisoned or heart attack? I, know, it's pop's heart, but I think Peggy's going to go all boiled bunny by the end, so I'm totally flinging that out there now.

Singing sisters at sound check - too freaking cute. They've got something new up on YouTube, not the 'Ho Hey' thing, I'll have to go find it.

@ Rayna's billboard being outside of Juliette's room. But ugh at the 'life coach/rehab guy' turning into Juliette's new boy toy. And Juliette was winning me over until she totally dissed mom offstage and then praised her onstage. Really?

Scarlett Scary Hair is taking the deal - fun. When did their little house get an upstairs? And a separate laundry room? Really? Talk about plot contrivances.

Avery's going to NY to join a tour as a roadie? Gee, wonder whose tour it is.

Is Deacon quitting the tour again? I didn't catch that vet whisperer convo, I was too busy looking for cute puppy.

Song staging quibble - why do Rayna and Juliette start each song out with their backs to the audience? It should be a drinking game.

vCash
    I, know, it's pop's heart, but I think Peggy's going to go all boiled bunny by the end, so I'm totally flinging that out there now.
    I said that EXACT SAME THING during the show! That woman is not stable.

@ Rayna's billboard being outside of Juliette's room. But ugh at the 'life coach/rehab guy' turning into Juliette's new boy toy. And Juliette was winning me over until she totally dissed mom offstage and then praised her onstage. Really?
    Totally with you on the "ugh." But I don't think Juliette dissed her mom, not really. She had a right to be excited about her deal. And it's not like you can produce warm fuzzy feelings on command for the woman who hurt you and neglected you all through your childhood.

vCash
    But ugh at the 'life coach/rehab guy' turning into Juliette's new boy toy. And Juliette was winning me over until she totally dissed mom offstage and then praised her onstage. Really?
    I disagree. Frankly I'm starting to hate Juliette's mother with the fire of a thousand suns and now the counselor as well.. I am tired of the mother going on and on about how you aren't there for me, you are trying to make money etc. You would think that Juliette was the parent who spend her life neglecting her child, and the mother was the child.

The mother should be on her knees literally trying to make it up to Juliette as far as I'm concerned. The mother made Juliette feel bad and she was in the statement in the concert trying to be nice.

I feel the mother is spoiled and entitled. I thought part of the whole sober process is taking responsibility for your own actions.

In fact I'm starting to think Juliette deep down is actually quite a sweetheart. She takes awhile to warm up because of all the crap she's been dealt with her life. But she clearly can do nice things for those she cares about....The only thing I do wish is she'd make it up to her old manager. But I can see why she hated being controlled.

vCash
    decent understated scenes with Deacon, Rayna and Teddy in the hospital, with Juliette and her various minions (and ultimately with her mom's counselor, who is guaranteed to be her next inappropriate relationship ....
    Called it! Although I didn't anticipate his dark secret (I won't mention it in case anyone missed the preview). woo!

I used to be able to overlook Scarlett's lame passive wounded bunny girlfriend persona, but I've had it. Grow a spine, girl! And brush your damned hair!

Loved Rayna's girls singing, even if it was just "Hey! Ho!". Loved all the shots of Deacon and his (sekret) daughter.

Great ep for Juliette. Rayna's billboard staring her in the face was just too delicious

Blah blah Teddy and the fragile snake Peggy, I forgot Lamar was even on the show. Is it too much to hope that this is a chance to write the character out?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyliefan View Post
    I don't think Juliette dissed her mom, not really. She had a right to be excited about her deal. And it's not like you can produce warm fuzzy feelings on command for the woman who hurt you and neglected you all through your childhood.
    I agree with you. Juliette is being very generous to her mother, taking her into her home and now on tour.

From the Bloc
    vCash
    Blah blah Teddy and the fragile snake Peggy,

But yeah that was really pushing it having Peggy not just come over, but apparently move in. What's she doing in Rayna's house while Rayna's not there? Going through her stuff no doubt.

They need to somehow integrate the Lamar/Teddy/Peggy/ex Mayor story into the main story better, because right now it feels like they just keep flipping to another show. I doubt Lamar is dead, although the idea of being poisoned is intriguing. I was enjoying Rayna and Tandy together - and there was a glimpse of something there when Tandy said "we all worship you" - but I guess we were being set up for them all rushing to Lamar's bedside, esp with the "Daddy's girl" talk.

Music news!!! OK I knew the Stella sisters would be performing before too long because they are on the Season 1 - Volume II soundtrack due out next month! Disappointed that the Stella sisters (good Ontario girls btw, from just outside Toronto) are doing that bloody song, ugh. I've never liked the Celtic/East Coast sound and sadly the hipsters seemed to have adopted it in recent years and it's everywhere. Guess I'll just have to wait it out.

Note also the Scarlett/Gunner song that everyone was upset wasn't on Volume I is the lead track. But what's this new neighbour up to? Is he simply going to go after Scarlett and her mermaid hair and cause more emotional issues for Gunner, or is there more too it? Hubby's first thought was he was going to steal their songs - especially when he said he could hear them. (btw - recognize him? Luke on The OC)

Only a matter of time before Avery got back in the fold, so one assumes he's joining *our* tour. So, will he step in and take Deacon's place when he quits? Although I had the idea that Deacon planned to finish the tour and not actually quit - can't see him doing that to Juliette, unless her other guitar player (who left because his wife had a baby) conveniently comes back. They've got to get Avery back up on stage performing though, so perhaps a one time thing, some last minute contrivance?

I'd like to see Avery and Juliette duet. He wants to be bigger, she wants to be smaller (musically, ie play the Bluebird), so I could see them sneaking off on tour to play a small venue or two.

And I certainly don't want Juliette with Dante. I don't mind him in the counsellor role, but as sexual interest between mother and daughter? Non! And if he's got some big sekret I don't really care unless it directly relates to the story.

ETA - I just looked at the song list of the second CD again, and OMG no Deacon!!! Guess he hasn't been performing much this half of the season - hopefully that will be rectified after the tour is over and he returns to Nashville. Also, meant to mention that I was disappointed that we heard only the opening line of Juliette's new single, but then again I assume it will be played several more times in upcoming eps.
    Last edited by Jenny; 04-05-2013 at 02:00 PM.

vCash
    Rayna's going to come home, open the door and go "I smell SKANK!" Or Peggy will 'accidentally' leave something somewhere... I'm waiting for the fireworks when Rayna confronts that hag.

Page 8 of 21 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast