Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    From the Bloc
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyliefan View Post
    Deacon is someone she can seduce and try to twist around her little finger.
    It think there might have been a bit of that at the beginning, but now they have a true friendship and connection, and I for one would like that to continue

From the Bloc
    vCash
    Did everyone watch the recap last night? Nice set up for next week's new ep - can't wait!

It was fun to see the songs performed again - I know them so well from the soundtrack CD, so it was a good reminder of the first time I heard each one. I really liked how they used one character's song as an overlay of another's story.

Spoiler from the "next week on" for those who missed:

Spoiler

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenny View Post
    It think there might have been a bit of that at the beginning, but now they have a true friendship and connection, and I for one would like that to continue
    Oh, I agree. I was just saying, that's how they started out, and one of the major reasons she wanted to be around him in the beginning.
    Charter member of the "We Always Believed in Ashley" Club and the "We Believe in Ricky" Club
    Old, lonely, pathos-hungry, and extremely gullible

vCash
    Is it just me or did anyone else think the journalist looks like Gordeeva?

Screw Avery and Screw Gunnar. I want stoopid mumbly Scarlett with JT!!!

I was a bit disappointed that Sean is really that naive.

This episode was only okay. I think next week looks great but if this were real life, the tour would be overshadowed by Juliet leaving Sean at the altar. Rayna is currently doing nothing of interest, and this won't help her character.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by manhn View Post
    Is it just me or did anyone else think the journalist looks like Gordeeva?
    I think she looks like Ali McGraw!

Scarlett sounds about five hundred thousand times better when she's singing her own songs. But at least "rocker chick" was a bit of a change from "deer in the headlights."

Spoiler

Last edited by Wyliefan; 01-10-2013 at 04:42 AM.
    Charter member of the "We Always Believed in Ashley" Club and the "We Believe in Ricky" Club

From the Bloc
    vCash
    I still don't think Avery is that bad - in fact, I think it's selfish of his buddies and Scarlett to want him to cast aside his dreams in favour of some sort of dated bro code - they should be happy for him! And, it's not the like the door is closed on them - if he's a success, there are still opportunities for them - many big stars bring their childhood friends along for the ride and find career opportunities for them too.

It would be interesting to know if Twist of Barb Wire is supposed to have been written by Avery, or if it's the band's, or if they even bothered to nail it down (never mind it was actually written by Elvis Costello ). Could be an interesting storyline if Avery records it, and so does Scarlett with his old band - and interestingly, the way Scarlett sang it was a lot more like the way Dominic wanted to mix it for Avery. Avery's original version is on the soundtrack CD btw, and sounds great.

Another interesting thing this ep is that Teddy knows Maddie isn't his. I wonder if they intended that when Rayna's father first threatened her with it in ep 1, because in this version, it makes Teddy a lot stronger. Assuming the actual father is Deacon, this makes his messed up emotional situation that much more complicated, just as we are learning that it might have been the death of a friend that sent him into rehab and broke up his relationship with Rayna.

We're also continuing to see that Juliette and Rayna have a lot more in common than they think. In this ep, we saw that both have a habit of running when things get too hard to deal with - whether it's running from the altar, suggesting they jet off to NY, abruptly going on tour ("I just know when it's time to head out on tour"), breaking off a relationship (not just Juliette, but Rayna dumping Deacon when he likely needed her most), or simply storming out of the room as both have done several times so far.

Love, love, love this show!

vCash

Spoiler

Go Team SW Florida! =)
    At Great American Ballpark cheering on my Cincinnati Reds
    vCash
    Thank goodness for Chicago Fire in reruns for a couple weeks so I can focus on Nashville alone for a while! I love them both but dang, it makes my Wednesday nights insane trying to focus on both of them when they're new.

Anyway, I LOVE THIS SHOW. Loved the guitar guy (whose name I can't remember) giving Juliette a lesson in sharing, loved Deacon standing up for Scarlet and getting the heck off that other tour (I don't remember that friend of his being a total d-bag before), I liked Avery standing up to that smarmy manager lady, and I really liked seeing both Rayna and Juliette perform tonight. Next week's show looks fantastic and I cannot wait to see what other stuff happens with the tour mates again. How fast do you guys think Deacon will end up on the tour with Rayna & Juliette??!

Favorite Quote: "That's the closest thing to an apology that I've ever heard come from her." -Juliette's manager
    An MLB.com reporter asked what one thing Votto couldn’t do. “I can’t skate or play hockey,” Votto said. “Well, I can skate ... but I can’t stop.”

"I guess I'm just...I'm not used to someone putting me first." -Emma, Once Upon a Time, episode 2x3, Lady of the Lake

vCash
    My favorite country singer, Chris Young, has a cameo next week. I am OVER THE MOON. I doubt he'll sing -- "cameo" doesn't sound like a singing appearance -- but it'll be so cool just to see him on there!

And yeah, the minute that guy started hitting on Scarlett, I said aloud, "Rayna's got herself a guitar player!" Such nice convenient timing.

From the Bloc
    vCash
    Much of this ep was predictable, but I enjoyed it anyway

Deacon had to get off that tour to reunite with Rayna eventually, you knew Gunner's brother was planning to take off, Avery falling for the fast talking producer was inevitable, and Teddy's win of course. I don't think he's going to end up sleeping with KW-P and I think they likely want to keep his character as clean and struggling against his FIL's manipulations while trying to be a good husband.

Love the tour name - Red Lips White Lies! I hope they show Rayna and Juliette performing together again, and once Deacon's on the tour, maybe he'll end up playing for Juliette as well? Then perhaps Undermine comes back??

Love Rayna's producer guy - hope we learn more about him and that he doesn't turn into a jerk, and I'm waiting for Tandy's story - but I bet that will be season 2.

vCash
    Is that it for Tim Tebow? Aww, buh-buy Christian Football Player With the Giant Tattoos, but I did love your final scene. Anyways, we know Juliette will end up with Liam, as they both currently cute-despise each other.

Gunnar's brother looked damn familiar, but then I realized he was in one of my favourite episodes of The Ghost Whisperer. They even look like brothers. They both smile similarly.

The chemistry between Teddy and Kimberly Williams was *smokin'* in that final scene. I don't know if Teddy actually has any feelings for her, but I think he misses someone who is truly in love with him.

Avery does not interest me at all. Way extraneous.

vCash
    Is that it for Tim Tebow? Aww, buh-buy Christian Football Player With the Giant Tattoos, but I did love your final scene. Anyways, we know Juliette will end up with Liam, as they both currently cute-despise each other.
    That was something else when he said something to Juliette along the lines of, "You said I wouldn't like you if I got to know you. You were right." Ouch!
    Last edited by heckles; 01-18-2013 at 05:53 AM.

vCash
    Anyways, we know Juliette will end up with Liam, as they both currently cute-despise each other.
    I don't know. . . . They might, but they might not. I realize cute-despising is one of the biggest romantic tropes of all time, but I think the despising might be just a little too strong in this case, especially on his side. We'll see.

I've given up making predictions about this show, anyway. I lost a bet with my dad over the length of Juliette's marriage. (I gave it six weeks, he gave it three, so he was closer.)

From the Bloc
    vCash
    The idea of Liam and Juliette is interesting. She already went after Deacon, so I could see her going after Rayna's new collaborator/guitar player too - especially when Deacon is back in the picture.

I hope they continue to develop Liam - there could be an interesting story there as he's won over to country music, and continues to help Rayna develop her sound. Plus, he's one of the few that isn't impressed by her celebrity and position as queen of country music, so one of the few that will actually speak straight to her and maybe help her grow as a person as well as a musician.

Back to KWP - I do like her, but don't like that she's gone from strong and somewhat mysterious to cloying - if she continues, I'd like her to be a force. If Teddy hooks up with her - or better yet lets her get involved in his mayoral work, which would be far more interesting than an affair - then it would be fun to see her butting heads with FIL and Tandy.

Random trivia about the actors:

The Stella sisters, who play Rayna's kids, are the children of country singers the Stellas, who live in Nashville but are Canadian.

Also add Liam to the list of key characters who are not American - he's Dutch, Gunner is a Brit, and Scarlett is from Australia. I must say they have all mastered the accent

Tilky Jones, who plays Sean, was a member of the band Take 5 before he started acting.

vCash
    I don't see Peggy ever becoming a force of any kind. She is, as you said, far too cloying and clinging. And I don't think it's just a front, like Scarlett O'Hara pretending to be a delicate Southern belle -- I think that's really how she is.

From the Bloc
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyliefan View Post
    I don't see Peggy ever becoming a force of any kind. She is, as you said, far too cloying and clinging. And I don't think it's just a front, like Scarlett O'Hara pretending to be a delicate Southern belle -- I think that's really how she is.
    Yeah, it's a pity. When she first came on the show, positioned as part of the country club set and clearly up to something businessy with Teddy, I imagined her as Julia Roberts' character in Charlie Wilson's War. If you aren't familiar with the movie (or the book), she plays a smart Texas socialite who uses her connections to make things happen in Washington, based on a real life person. I had hoped that's where they were going with Peggy, but sadly it seems not. At least at the moment - they could still turn it around I think.

vCash
    [QUOTE=Jenny;3795629]Much of this ep was predictable, but I enjoyed it anyway

Deacon had to get off that tour to reunite with Rayna eventually, [QUOTE]

I hope predictability doesn't stretch to Deacon drinking again. I want him to stay sober. ha ha ha ha - when I first typed that, I did "stay stober". And no I'm not drinking! Anyway, I love this show, actually more than Dallas (wonder how the upcoming season two is going to be).............

drinky typo pbp, closet hugger
    vCash
    just got caught up...these first 2 episodes felt rushed and full of needless exposition and only a few scenes of substance. wish they'd allowed at least one more episode for Juliette's marriage before she pulled her inevitable disappearing act, and I wish there were at least one more ep of Deacon touring with the Revel Kings so we can see that relationship truly crumbling. Very interesting to see the dynamics of Rayna and Teddy's marriage and how he has known all along about Maddy's paternity. The bit with Peggy at the end was dumb...her intro to the show made her seem like a powerful romantic rival for Rayna, and now she comes across as a needy, unbalanced stalker. Ew. The less we see or hear of her again, the better.
    Q: Why can't I read the competition threads?
    A: Competition forums on the board are available to those with a Season Pass or a premium membership How to View Kiss & Cry

vCash
    Ooooh, that was a good episode. Best one yet, I think. And not just because Chris Young brought his studliness along. (Though it certainly didn't hurt. ) I LOVED Juliette's last scene with her mom. And I loved Scarlett singing at the end -- she's never sounded so confident.

But it seemed like everybody and his brother had some sort of remark to make about Rayna's marriage! What's that about? My gosh, I was starting to root for her to tell them all it was none of their business, and go home and make up with Teddy for good. Like the man said, he's done all the apologizing he can do!

Spoiler

Go Team SW Florida! =)
    At Great American Ballpark cheering on my Cincinnati Reds
    vCash
    Great episode tonight and I'm glad Deacon didn't really fall off the wagon (aside from the random breaking of his guitar....line of the night: "It was out of tune" ). I need to get some sleep but I'm super stoked that this show seems to get better and better every week. It's really finding it's stride now and I can't wait to see where they take everything. Next week looks really good!!
    An MLB.com reporter asked what one thing Votto couldn’t do. “I can’t skate or play hockey,” Votto said. “Well, I can skate ... but I can’t stop.”

"I guess I'm just...I'm not used to someone putting me first." -Emma, Once Upon a Time, episode 2x3, Lady of the Lake

Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast