Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

vCash

Gray's Anatomy 2013-14

Just to start this years discussion:

Last Season for Christina

Diagonally parked in a parallel universe.
    vCash
    From the article: "But don’t think this means the end of Grey’s altogether: “It’s our intention to have Grey’s on the air for many years to come, with as many of the original cast as possible,” a rep for ABC said in a statement."

Well if they do, I won't be watching. I tried all year to warm up to the new batch of interns, but although they no longer annoy me as much as they did when they first appeared, if the stories are primarily centred around the characters whose names I can't even remember ...

I strongly suspect I'll exit the show when Oh does.

vCash
    I'm not sure how much I'll enjoy the show without her on it, but good for her for moving on.

This will be pretty damn sad for Meredith's character, however she leaves.
    "How you treat the weak is
    Your true nature calling" -- Jane's Addiction

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Andora View Post
    I'm not sure how much I'll enjoy the show without her on it, but good for her for moving on.
    Sandra Oh has always showed the utmost integrity in her preparations and performances. It is time for her to move on. She's so talented. She deserves to explore new horizons.

vCash
    I hope they will just let her leave because she gets a job offer, and not kill her off in some out of control, Shonda Rimes, disaster movie storyline. But I wouldn't be surprise if Cristina meets her end because a cruise ship crashes into Seattle-Grace-Mercy West-Grey-Sloan-General Hospital-Chicago Hope (or whatever that hospital's name is now) with her being the only victim.

vCash
    The spelling error in the thread title is really disconcerting for me

It'll be sad to see her go, but I do wonder if she'll be the only one or if more of the originals will leave then too...
    One day your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it's worth watching.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by *Jen* View Post
    The spelling error in the thread title is really disconcerting for me
    Damn, sorry for that, I have a very good friend who spells her last name Gray.

Maybe Admin can change it for me? Pretty please with sugar on top?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Whitneyskates View Post
    I hope they will just let her leave because she gets a job offer, and not kill her off in some out of control, Shonda Rimes, disaster movie storyline. But I wouldn't be surprise if Cristina meets her end because a cruise ship crashes into Seattle-Grace-Mercy West-Grey-Sloan-General Hospital-Chicago Hope (or whatever that hospital's name is now) with her being the only victim.
    So true. They really can not afford any more deaths. Based on this annoucement, sounds like Richard will survive the season end cliff hanger.
    I have enjoyed this show through its whole run, but now with Yang departing, maybe this season - the show should end. Mer and Yang's relationship is so key.

vCash
    Is there some way to correct the spelling in the thread title?

Last night's episode showed why this group of interns are so unlikable. They don't even know each other on any level. Even though Alex and Izzie fought and George had issues, that original group had a sense of unity and support. They had to steel Meredith's George story to tell Heather's mother. That's not clever writing, it's sad.

Other parts of the episode had its moments. I liked Meredith grappling with making decisions for Webber and the showdowns with Catherine.

If Ben was with Bailey in surgery and then there was a severe storm, why wasn't he still there for this episode?

How did the hateful things Arizona said to Callie disappear and the issue became all about her cheating? She blamed Callie yet again for losing her leg. She told Callie she had no right to have feelings about the plane crash. Instead of calling Arizona a slut, she should have called her a lunatic.

vCash
    Bumping up this thread although I'm not sure why. No one seems to care enough to post in it.

Grey's is limping to the finish, but even sadder that limp will last at least through season 11.

Arizona and Leah is so dull and ridiculous. Cristina is simply being pushed off the show. Who knows. Maybe a big story is brewing...for the second half of the season...if anyone is even watching by then.

what a glorious day!
    vCash
    I used to record the show because I'd fall asleep half way through. That should tell me something, huh? This used to be my guilty pleasure, but I think I've moved on.

In my own little fantasy world where life is perfect for me!
    vCash
    I did like the bit about the old lady looking for Heather. And then you find out that Heather was treating her for free and sort of being a friend to her, and What's His Name (cause what IS his name??) is going to still help her. Kinda made me cry. But the rest of the night was , so agree with you there. And why is Alex being all super-bitch to patients!! Even if it was the dad of that kid, I'm kinda thinking doctors don't really be acting like that to patients, do they?!

vCash
    I still like the show. It's just not the same show I loved in 2006. But then that's why I've found it interesting: the characters grew (to some degree).

Bailey & Ben, though. Bailey in general this year. Yikes.
    "How you treat the weak is
    Your true nature calling" -- Jane's Addiction

what a glorious day!
    vCash
    And there was something charming about surgeons sewing an angel's wings - and comparing stitches.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Meredith View Post
    And there was something charming about surgeons sewing an angel's wings - and comparing stitches.
    I did enjoy that!

The show has been rubbish for years, but having accepted that, I quite enjoy it now. Just don't think about it too much!
    One day your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it's worth watching.

vCash
    I've been DVRing the reruns on Lifetime every day (1 and 2 p.m.). They are better than the current episodes.

In my own little fantasy world where life is perfect for me!
    vCash
    What the heck is that printer thing Mer and Christina were fighting over? I didn't understand what it was supposed to be doing. Making plastic body parts?????

And did the lady who Richard gave CPR to die? Maybe I was dozing and didn't catch it, but I don't remember them saying what happened to her?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pixie cut View Post
    Grey's is limping to the finish, but even sadder that limp will last at least through season 11.
    No kidding. But I have to say Grey's Anatomy in my TV Serie History Book inaugurated the years of worthless tv series - with some exceptions. In my oipnion, the characters lacked in human dimension, which to me is essential for any good show. The values had disappeared, as if they were a trend. I stopped watching somewhere during season #3, and only picked it up again a couple of years ago. One more season after this one, really?

I've watched Scandal these past two months: all the previous episodes, back to back. Maybe it's watching back to back that makes it all better (which it does), but I can't quite wrap my mind around the fact that Scandal and Grey's Anatomy share the creator.
    I still like Scandal's third season, though it's not quite up to where it used to be.

BTW, Scandal got two characters from the Gilmore Girls, at least one from Everwood, one from Judging Amy, one from Felicity. The leading lady is pretty darn cute, petite and good, nice choice.

Re-registered User
    vCash
    I actually like the last couple of seasons better than the George and Izzie years.

And finally! April wakes up and marries the most beautiful man in the world. And I loved her dress.
    ‎"You emerge victorious from the maze you've been travelling in." Oct 21,2012- Best Fortune Cookie Ever!

Diagonally parked in a parallel universe.
    vCash
    I didn't hate it. And it did have one good laugh: "The cat got out." But it's basically a warmup to Scandal for me.

And I hated spurned-by-Arizona chick taking advantage of dumped-by-Avery chick's vulnerability and goading her into suing the hospital.

(I seriously cannot keep these residents' names straight ...)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast