Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by my little pony View Post
    do they allow participation without procreation?
    I would hope not!

ETA: Shae-Lynn gave birth to her first child (son) in mid-June - she looks great!
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    I thought Kerrigan's daughter was adorable and if I have to sit through the show's schtick "only parents are decent human beings" to see Shae-Lynn skate, I will :-).

Satisfied skating fan
    vCash
    Liza Kulik really looks like her father and Katia is even more beautiful. The young Russian girls should study her gliding across the ice.
    Those who never succeed themselves are always the first to tell you how.

Awaiting Validation
    vCash
    It will be interesting to see what these shows do with Johny Weir, who I suppose might have kids some day with his partner. They probably will not want to include him. I would like to see him more than some of the people they have on! I think fans would prefer seeing more current skaters than ones from 20 years ago. And even top skaters, like ones who won Gold medals and medals at more recent world championships, like Kwan, Evan, Sasha Cohen, Sarah Hughes, Tara Lipinski. Younger skaters will probably skate better too. Who cares if they have kids, they should include others too.

Tranquillo
    vCash
    Katia is still absolutely lovely to watch.
    "The Devil is joining in, and that's never a good sign." Phil Liggett

vCash
    I could watch Kulik jump all day (beautiful 3Lz!) as well as Gordeeva stroke/glide effortlessly (impressed she's retained 2A at 40+!).
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    I certainly hope that if Johnny and his husband choose to have children, their family would be invited to at least participate in these shows.

I'd love to see more professional skating, especially from more "current pros" but I'm a sucker for the family show.

recovering Oly-holic
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvia View Post
    I could watch Kulik jump all day (beautiful 3Lz!) as well as Gordeeva stroke/glide effortlessly (impressed she's retained 2A at 40+!).
    She gets 20 in PCS from me.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Garden Kitty View Post
    Katia is still absolutely lovely to watch.
    That she is! So is Ilia, he still has amazing command over the ice and jumping ability. I'd love to see them revisit their Di Bolero duet, or create another duet together for SOI or any other skating show.

Tranquillo
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lulu View Post
    That she is! So is Ilia, he still has amazing command over the ice and jumping ability. I'd love to see them revisit their Di Bolero duet, or create another duet together for SOI or any other skating show.
    Agree. Ilia is wonderful and has maintained technical ability while also exploring his artistic side.

vCash
    I would hope not!

ETA: Shae-Lynn gave birth to her first child (son) in mid-June - she looks great!
    Shae-Lynn looked sensational! I missed Paul Wylie's skate, but I thought Josef S. looked quite good considering he won the Olympic bronze medal almost 30 years ago!

Awaiting Validation
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lulu View Post
    I certainly hope that if Johnny and his husband choose to have children, their family would be invited to at least participate in these shows.

I'd love to see more professional skating, especially from more "current pros" but I'm a sucker for the family show.
    I don't think they would include Johnny. Johnny was not invited on one of those champions tours, and I believe it was noted in the press that the sponsors said something about it being a "family friendly" show. He wasn't even out then!

Unfortunately, until there is greater acceptance in middle america about same sex families, I don't think a show with"family friendly" sponsors like these skating shows have would take the risks to show a same sex male family, given that some of these sponsors did not want to even include JW on the tour. At least not now. Might take a few more years. Hopefully though Johnny and other same sex athletes would be able to participate in time.

Johnny with kids - and I could only imagine what kind of costume he would put his kid in- would be priceless to see!

vCash
    Todd Eldredge's wife, Sabrina Corbaci (who skated just now), according to his wiki, was a "two-time (1991, 1992) U.S. novice pairs medalist with Eddy Zeidler."

ETA: What would have happened if Shae-Lynn's baby had started bawling in his "spider" basket??

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    this spider song makes the penguin song sound like mozart
    I feel like I'm in a dream. But it can't be a dream because there are no boy dancers!

recovering Oly-holic
    vCash
    Todd Eldredge as Spiderman .. I wanna be a kid again!

Tranquillo
    vCash
    ETA: What would have happened if Shae-Lynn's baby had started bawling in his "spider" basket??
    A retake at the end of the show and some editing.

vCash
    Is Ryder Todd's child with his 1st wife?

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by skipaway View Post
    Is Ryder Todd's child with his 1st wife?
    stepson

they should recast the children with medalists from juvenile and intermediate levels
    I feel like I'm in a dream. But it can't be a dream because there are no boy dancers!

vCash
    I'm so glad Kristi Yamaguchi reminds us who the sponsor of the show is, otherwise I'd surely forget.

"We at Musselman's Family Skating Tribute, brought to you by Musselman's, thank Musselman's for Musselman's sponsorship, and hope you eat Musselman's apple sauce and drink Musselman's apple juice, because Musselman's has good food, and also a really great Musselman's Facebook page which features news about Musselman's products."

Tranquillo
    vCash
    I like those two kids wrestling on the stage

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast