Page 46 of 51 FirstFirst ... 364445464748 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Plushy arriwed in Israel today. Good luck Plushy!

Helena Chmielewska ‏@hmelevskaja2012 1h

@EvgeniPlushenko МЫ ВСЕ ТЕБЯ ОЧЕНЬ ЛЮБИМ И ЖДЕМ ВЫЗДОРАВЛИВАЙ СКОРЕЙ МЫ ВСЕГДА С ТОБОЙ :* #Plushenko #Плющенко https://twitter.com/hmelevskaja2012/...300416/photo/1

Mariangela Vacca ‏@MariangelaVcc 2h

@EvgeniPlushenko ❤️Женя! Мы с тобой! ❤️Zhenya, we are with you! ❤️Zhenya, siamo con te! ���� https://twitter.com/MariangelaVcc/st...673408/photo/1

Sochitis ‏@zavetnoy_kukly 1h

Take care & look after you @EvgeniPlushenko I will be anxiously awaiting your tour dates #SuperStar #Hero #Idol #OlympicChampion

Masha ‏@marykaram96 1h

@EvgeniPlushenko Удачи ! Мы с тобой =) Помни это :3

ちぃこ@抜け殻 ‏@xxxchipluxxx 1h
    @EvgeniPlushenko Zhenya, good luck�� God bless you✨✨✨

Elenia de Feo ‏@lil_kutylovebee Feb 28

Nothing will be the same without @EvgeniPlushenko

MARIANA TORRES PÉREZ ‏@GUIONISMO Feb 28

En honor a la larga carrera deportiva de Evgeni Plushenko.

dustman ‏@dust_man 15h

@EvgeniPlushenko Zhenya, have a safe trip. Hoping everything goes well. I pray from japan!

lala630312 ‏@lala630312 15h

@EvgeniPlushenko Good luck! You take care of yourself!!! Your fans are with you in every moments of your recovery!! You don't forget it!!!

美濃姫 ‏@detectorrose 14h

@EvgeniPlushenko Женя, мы с тобой!

оксана переяславева ‏@pereyaslavtseva 14h

@EvgeniPlushenko Женя мы с тобой!!!Желаю только Здоровья!Что бы все удачно прошло.

Alessandro Zanzarone ‏@AZanzarone 14h

Святый великомучениче и целебниче Пантелеимоне, моли Бога о Евгении @EvgeniPlushenko https://twitter.com/AZanzarone/statu...283968/photo/1

Alessandro Zanzarone ‏@AZanzarone 13h

Spirito del Signore,Spirito di Dio,Padre,Figlio e Spirito Santo,santissima Trinità,Vergine Immacolata,angeli scendete su di @EvgeniPlushenko

Monica Silimbani ‏@MonicaSily 13h

@EvgeniPlushenko So much courage once again, everything will be fine, take care of yourself. Your fans want you to be happy and healthy <3

Helena Chmielewska ‏@hmelevskaja2012 10h

@EvgeniPlushenko Ты - солнце, ты - звёзды. Ты, ты, ты точно не Земля! #Плющенко #Plushenko https://twitter.com/hmelevskaja2012/...479424/photo/1

Mons Ramirezz ‏@MonsRamirezz 6h

My best wishes for you @EvgeniPlushenko !! ... Everything is gonna be ok, god bless you ���� https://twitter.com/MonsRamirezz/sta...065984/photo/1

sylvia_ch ‏@sylvia_ch 11h

@EvgeniPlushenko My best wishes for a successful surgery tomorrow! Take your time to heal properly + completely. I'll be thinking of you. ❤️

Gabbi Rodriguez ‏@MusicMyWeapon 15h

@EvgeniPlushenko Supporting you! I hope you're as well as can be. I hope you see this http://www.twitlonger.com/show/n_1s0o63f :

@EvgeniPlushenko This is long, but it would mean a lot to me if you saw it. I'm a big fan, my whole family loves you. I know this must be a difficult time for you in some aspects. Anyway, I was thinking about some of the controversy and wrote this about it. I wanted to share it with you. "I hate hearing about all of these negative comments towards Plushenko, still, after he had to withdraw from the individual event in Sochi. A lot of fans are supportive, like me, but some... "Plushenko let us down, "Plushenko shouldn't have been on the team," etcetera, ecetera. Hello! He helped to win Russia the gold medal in the team event, putting himself at risk and on the line to do so and to have one final hurrah. He's won another Gold and two Silvers for himself and his country also. And let's not set aside his European and National Championship medals. He's a figure skating hero, a fighter, and champion. And not just to Russia. He's an overcomer. People are so quick to judge and to forget what has already happened when they don't get what they want, and in this case, some fans are. I can understand that it'd be disappointing, especially for the host country. But in my book, you're not a true fan unless you support them during the hard times too. The man broke a METAL SCREW IN HIS BACK. A screw holdand disc in place. I've suffered back injuries and had to work, doing heavy lifting for hours in the middle of the night, with said injuries and it is painful. Now, I don't know Plushenko personally, obviously, but that withdrawal probably had to be a hard decision for him on his own- and I can't imagine skating in front of the world, as a legendary athlete and being able to handle all of that G-Force after that many surgeries, especially major spinal surgery. How can these nay-sayers expect him to have continued skating with a broken screw in his back? He's having surgery again and said he couldn't feel his legs after he fell. Would you rather he be paralyzed? Health first. In my mind, he made the right decision at the time. Evgeni Plushenko has already accomplished more than most people ever could and with skill and determination. And he helped his country to bring home the gold. Sure, he might be conceided, but he doesn't seem selfish at all. I'm happy to see that those who are supporting him though, are. And I'm hoping that his surgery on March 2nd goes well and that he makes a swift recovery, for himself and his family. And if he can return to the ice at some point afterwards, well, then I'll be happy to see that too."

If you've read all or any of this, it means a lot. But I know you must be a busy man. Wishing you and your family the best! Sincerely, from the US.
    Last edited by lala; 03-02-2014 at 07:58 AM.

vCash
    11 Videos That Show Why Evgeni Plushenko Is An Olympic Figure Skating Legend http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/0...comm_ref=false

Plushy had the surgery today..

Plushenko News_Eng ‏@PlushenkoNews 1h

RT @EvgeniPlushenko: That's all! Now I'm going to have surgery (7h ago:

Plushenko News_Eng ‏@PlushenkoNews 1h

RT @EvgeniPlushenko: I love you all! Thank you for your support!!! (7h ago:

Plushenko News_Eng ‏@PlushenkoNews 12h

Address of the hospital, where @EvgeniPlushenko will be operated: http://evgeni-plushenko.com/forum/vi...p=82930#p82930

he received many supportive posts, but this is one of the bests:
    AKIRA ‏@pluieq 51m

“@EvgeniPlushenko: Всё меня повезли на операцию” @PlushenkoNews @PlushenkoNewsRu I’ll cross my fingers for you. http://twitter.com/pluieq/status/440...603200/photo/1

and this is really cool
    Retweeted by Plushenko News_Eng
    + Lilyshenka + ‏@Lily_shenka Feb 1

"Hot. Cool. Yours." \(^o^)/ http://twitter.com/Lily_shenka/statu...358016/photo/1
    Last edited by lala; 03-03-2014 at 01:06 PM.

vCash
    Russian figure skater Plushenko's operation successful
    http://themoscownews.com/sports/2014...uccessful.html

http://www.sovsport.ru/sochi/texts/text-item/690729
    Yana Rudkovskaya: Zhenya is happy that the bone had grow together!

- Zhenya's feels good. Of course, he receives the infusion, has catheter, doctors allowed him to get up tomorrow, and the state itself is a little bit... "floating." However, the nurses told me that he had eaten a little.

- What were his first words after surgery?
    - "Such luck, that the bone had grow together!". And it really happiness. Isotope research, that has been done before surgery, did not show whether the the bones of the spine are intact. If it turned out that they were not fused, screws would be screwed again. So they removed them all, because they are no longer needed. I was struck how they are huge, five centimeters each!

- Do you still want to show a fragment operation on television?
    - In Israel arrived crew of Channel One, yes, they want to show - already editing short reportage. Most likely, it will be shown tomorrow, in the news, as well as the interview with Evgeni. Today, of course, he can not speak... I do not know whether Zhenya read "twitter", but I saw that to him now write thousands of fans - not only from Russia, from Japan also, where love him so much, and from China. We went out before the operation on the street - people were coming, anxious questioning, how he feels.

- What bothered him more than anything,the last days?
    - The theme, which truly interesting him is just one - figure skating. Zhenya revisited videos with his Olympic programs ... He is very upset that he not could to continue the performance at the Olympics, his thoughts are still there, at the Sochi ice, he still has not walked away from all that. And at the same time he wants to the ice - already discussed with Alexei Mishin, when they will go to the training camps.

Recall that last season skater has also been operated in Israel. Plushenko replaced intervertebral disc with an artificial. Already after a few months of recovery, athlete was back on the ice, to qualify for the Olympics in Sochi. As a result, Plushenko compete at the Russian Championships, where he lost to Maxim Kovtun and took second place. At the European Championships Evgeni did not go, citing the specific training for the "control skating" and Olympic Games. In turn, Maxim Kovtun at the European Championships finished fifth. After Plushenko's "control skating", expert commission decided that to the Olympic Games in Sochi will go Evgeni.
    Last edited by lala; 03-03-2014 at 06:52 PM.

vCash
    [QUOTE=lala;4195903]Russian figure skater Plushenko's operation successful
    http://themoscownews.com/sports/2014...uccessful.html

http://www.sovsport.ru/sochi/texts/text-item/690729
    Yana Rudkovskaya: Zhenya is happy that the bone had grow together!

The guy is truly bionic! the bones grew back together! Incredible. I am very happy for him but hope he doesn't overdo things in his enthusiasm to go back to skating. Take the time it needs Evgeny! go on vacation! Get your tour organized far enough in advance to give yourself time to recover, don't rush things!

vCash
    I hope he takes full rest, listens to the doctors and not rush things. His focus has to be on full recovery.

YEAH!
    vCash
    Great news.

vCash
    I'm very happy to read that his surgery went well. Like others I hope he will take his time before he returns to the ice, better to be completely healed than to start back too soon and re-injure himself. I'm sure it's difficult for him to standstill for long but he can always travel until he is cleared to skate again.

vCash
    http://mir24.tv/news/sport/9988913

Ilia Klimkin:
    "It is difficult to judge the champion of loyalty to the decision. Eugene many years proved to the world that he rightfully wears the crown of the king of ice. Plushenko - great athlete , consummate athlete and winner , and winners are not judged , "- said the European champion in figure skating Ilya Klimkin .

Moscow, March 3 . The famous Russian figure skater Evgeni Plushenko was hospitalized . At a clinic in Israel athlete carried out an operation on the spine . In the morning, the double Olympic champion said on his Twitter that he went to the surgical ward . Complex operation and guarantees a positive outcome no one can not give. All the matter in another injury received during the warm-up before the short program at the Olympic Games in Sochi , the correspondent channel " WORLD 24 " Gennady Klebanov .

Damaged Screw , who supported the artificial intervertebral disc. Precisely because of this Plushenko could not represent Russia at the singles tournament in Sochi. Many believe that the skater had to withdraw in order to allow the opportunity to make a spare . But coach Alexei Mishin , Plushenko believes that this option does not meet the rules of the Games.

" Substitutions are not allowed . They are allowed only if there was a fresh injury. This injury must certify the medical committee of the Olympic Committee , "- said Mishin .

Whether it will return to the Olympic champion ice? In fact , experts say only that he was able to live a normal life and move, at best, by the side of the rink advise . If the operation is successful , Plushenko at least another six months, it will be necessary to recover. That's how much it took the athlete to return to the ice in 2013 after the first operation .

Doctors who examined the champion before the Olympics in Sochi confirmed its full combat readiness .

" For medical reasons he was willing and able to act , which, in general , and he confirmed to team performance. Forward calls to any part of the order that we saw the problem , we have not been , "- said the head of the Federal Medical and Biological Agency Vladimir Uiba .

But the Olympics screw that secures the implant in the spine Plushenko broke and it jeopardize not only future career athlete , but his life . Despite warnings from doctors , Plushenko decided to take the risk and speak at home Olympics . It was clear that the implant can be destroyed by each quads . But being the sole representative of Russia among male skaters , Plushenko still successfully performed in the team tournament and contributed to the final victory .

vCash
    Plushenko is a BIG hero. He risked his health to help Russia win the team gold. His presence alone was an inspiration to the rest of his team, I am sure. From the report it sounds like it would take him at least 6 months to recover and live a normal life. It's not clear if he will be able to skate in exhibitions. I think competitions are out of the question at this point, but then he is Plushenko, so you can never tell.

vCash
    It's great that Plushy was able to help his team win gold and that he too received another gold medal. However, it wasn't worth his back being injured beyond repair. I'm glad his surgery went well and that he'll be able to walk. But it would be sad if he can never skate, even in an exhibition again. I'm sure he would be devastated if that happened. Heck, I would be devastated. He's was/is such a talent. I'd hate the thought of him never being able to take the ice again. Hopefully in 6-12 months we'll learn that is not the case. That's one thing about Plushenko, he is strong willed and inspired.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Enero View Post
    It's great that Plushy was able to help his team win gold and that he too received another gold medal. However, it wasn't worth his back being injured beyond repair. I'm glad his surgery went well and that he'll be able to walk. But it would be sad if he can never skate, even in an exhibition again. I'm sure he would be devastated if that happened. Heck, I would be devastated. He's was/is such a talent. I'd hate the thought of him never being able to take the ice again. Hopefully in 6-12 months we'll learn that is not the case. That's one thing about Plushenko, he is strong willed and inspired.
    I think he will skate in exhibitions, but maybe we will never again see his wonderful 3As. He always landed one or two 3As in his exhibition programs .. what a loss ...

as i said he inspires many people...a new montage on Youtube. THis is really great!!!!!!! I think the author said well:

"My God he's so Brilliant! what can I say... couldn't help my self I have to use Survival again,
    I love this song so much and I think it goes perfect with Plushenko passionate skating.
    Hope you enjoy the video
    Don't claim to own any of the material used to make this music video." http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mzEv8tXrRb4

I like this comment too:

Drool Time
    He's a handsome devil and has a perfect body!
    He's not short to look funny.
    He's not too tall to look freakish.
    He doesn't have excessive muscles to make him look fat or too thin to appear anorexic.
    He has the right height to look graceful.
    Plushenko has a perfect lean body with great curves on the right places to make him extremly HOT!!!

funny, but so true!!! I think, this is one of Plushy's secrets..He has a perfect body..enjoyable to watch on ice..

vCash
    Plush knew at the Olympics that his body couldn't handle 4 skates in less than a week so he should have bowed out after the team competition and give the kid his chance at skating in his home country at the Olympics. But no his ego wouldn't allow for that. You could see in the Team LP with all the doubles that he did that his body was already about done and he knew it.

vCash
    I'm glad to hear Plushenko's surgery was successful. I get why some are angry at him, but I'm sure he must have thought he'd be OK. He didn't do it to deliberately block Kovtun, and even if he withdrew before the SP, the deadline was the day after the team event so there still may not have been enough time. It's unfortunate for everyone. Better he withdraw than A) skate and do permanent damage and b) skate WAY below his standards. I really felt for him because it reminded me of when he had to withdraw at the 2005 Worlds in Moscow.

Plushenko will always be a legend, and in Sochi despite being tired of the constant talk of his comeback, when I watched him in the team event, I found myself once again respecting and admiring him and his skating. It says something when a surgically rebuilt Plushenko past his prime is still pretty impressive.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jammers View Post
    Plush knew at the Olympics that his body couldn't handle 4 skates in less than a week so he should have bowed out after the team competition and give the kid his chance at skating in his home country at the Olympics. But no his ego wouldn't allow for that. You could see in the Team LP with all the doubles that he did that his body was already about done and he knew it.
    I believe this is a Plushenko 'fan' thread; not Plushenko 'bash' thread. It is in a particularly poor taste to criticize him when we don't know what the future holds for him.

For the one millionth time, the RULES did not allow him to bow out after the team event; the injury/sickness had to have happened during the competition. I also heard that 'the kid' you are referring to- and I disagree with that term for an 18 year old because at that age Plushenko was already a world champion- was not ready, even if the IOC had allowed the substitution. Also before you criticize his 'ego' from your narrow perspective, you are conveniently ignoring all the good things Plushenko has done.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Vash01 View Post
    I believe this is a Plushenko 'fan' thread; not Plushenko 'bash' thread. It is in a particularly poor taste to criticize him when we don't know what the future holds for him.

For the one millionth time, the RULES did not allow him to bow out after the team event; the injury/sickness had to have happened during the competition. I also heard that 'the kid' you are referring to- and I disagree with that term for an 18 year old because at that age Plushenko was already a world champion- was not ready, even if the IOC had allowed the substitution. Also before you criticize his 'ego' from your narrow perspective, you are conveniently ignoring all the good things Plushenko has done.
    I was thinking the same thing. There simply wasn't time, Plushenko wanted to just do the team event and allow Kovtun to do the singles but the rules didn't allow it. It's unfortunate but it's life.

And with regards to Plushenko's ego, yes he has one BUT he always has and that is part of his style and why his fans like him. Plus, I don't think he's the type to ignore an injury because of his ego. And with the doubles, he did maybe one or two. He didn't bail out of every jump.

I believe in giving a skater their due.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Vash01 View Post

This^

vCash
    And with regards to Plushenko's ego, yes he has one BUT he always has and that is part of his style and why his fans like him. Plus, I don't think he's the type to ignore an injury because of his ego. And with the doubles, he did maybe one or two. He didn't bail out of every jump.
    Agreed. After reading his book I found that there is way more to Plushenko than ego (even though his ego is great too - ). He really is an interesting and smart individual who respects the sport and his body. There's no way he would ignore a serious injury even to satisfy Russia. As he said he's not a robot, and in fact wanted to withdraw after the team event, but was told he couldn't. He did the best he could for himself and his country.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jammers View Post
    He landed a quad, two 3Axels, two triple lutzes. He doubled his last two jumps. He doubled the salchow toward the end, and from his interview afterwards, he felt some pain, so he doubled his next jump, the loop. It does not mean he doubled all his jumps.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Enero View Post
    Agreed. After reading his book I found that there is way more to Plushenko than ego (even though his ego is great too - ). He really is an interesting and smart individual who respects the sport and his body. There's no way he would ignore a serious injury even to satisfy Russia. As he said he's not a robot, and in fact wanted to withdraw after the team event, but was told he couldn't. He did the best he could for himself and his country.
    He wrote a book? What's it called?
    There is definitely more to him than his ego. He definitely does listen to his body, if he didn't think he could compete at the Olympics, he wouldn't have gone. His body betrayed him and he was smart to pull out when he did. He's 31, in skating terms, that's not young in any discipline of figure skating. There simply wasn't time for him to withdraw and allow Kovtun to skate.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by coppertop1 View Post
    He wrote a book? What's it called?
    There is definitely more to him than his ego. He definitely does listen to his body, if he didn't think he could compete at the Olympics, he wouldn't have gone. His body betrayed him and he was smart to pull out when he did. He's 31, in skating terms, that's not young in any discipline of figure skating. There simply wasn't time for him to withdraw and allow Kovtun to skate.
    Plushenko has always been a fighter and I am convinced that he would never have withdrawn if it had been humanly possible for him to compete. As we found out, he had a broken screw in his spinal cord, who could expect any more from an athlete in those conditions? It would have been folly to continue and risk permanent damage. Those who claim otherwise are ridiculous.

Page 46 of 51 FirstFirst ... 364445464748 ... LastLast