Page 40 of 51 FirstFirst ... 30383940414250 ... LastLast
Results 781 to 800 of 1003
  1. #781
    having a nice day
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    in a nice day
    Posts
    8,236
    vCash
    50
    Rep Power
    16157
    Nobody sells a program like Plushenko. Nobody. I was so glad I got to see that and so wished I could have been there. What a grrrreat moment from a skater I always knew would make history. So happy for him, so very VERY happy. Whee!! :-D
    Have a nice day!

  2. #782
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    1,943
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Nick McCarvel ‏@NickMcCarvel 22h

    Visibly limping in the mixed zone, #Plushenko says, "I skated for my kids, my wife, my country." Looking forward to day off tmrw

    Plushenko News_Eng ‏@PlushenkoNews 6h

    RT @IRodnina: @EvgeniPlushenko Thank you for your courage, fortitude and convincing VICTORY!!https://twitter.com/IRodnina/status/432553910189166592


    Plushenko News_Eng ‏@PlushenkoNews 7h

    Figure Skating: Faultless Plushenko Sets Russia Hurtling Toward Team Gold: http://en.rsport.ru/olympics/20140209/722502415.html


    @EvgeniPlushenko @PlushenkoNews Nureyev on ice!! What an artist. What a performer. What a total sportsman. 31 years young! London loves you!

    Plushenko News_Eng ‏@PlushenkoNews 6h

    Like Sinatra, Plushenko doing it his way http://shar.es/QA1bx

    andrea joyce ‏@andijoyce

    Great entertainment on and off the ice @EvgeniPlushenko @NBCOlympics @Sochi2014 pic.twitter.com/JesHpQXfkE

    AsiaOne ‏@sphasiaone 6h

    Sochi Winter Olympics: Plushenko's spark of genius ignites Russia http://fb.me/2Rke6ERkC


    Skating Fansclub ‏@SkatingFansclub 5h

    Russia still a figure skating power under Evgeni Plushenko - Boston Globe http://dlvr.it/4v3F5b


    Daisuke Takahashi was moved by @EvgeniPlushenko. "Evgeni was skating from the heart. I should be like that, too."http://www.asahi.com/articles/ASG2B5G71G2BUTQP135.html

    Scott Hamilton @ScottHamilton84 15h
    An incredible night of skating. @EvgeniPlushenko was amazing. Olympic Skating delivering history!

    Todd Eldredge @toddeldredge 20h
    So impressed by @EvgeniPlushenko still skating & competitive after so many years. ‪#‎legend‬ & incredible inspiration for all Russian skaters!

    Elvis Stojko @Therealestojko 20h
    @toddeldredge @EvgeniPlushenko I agree my friend. An inspiration to skaters everywhere!

    Tom Zakrajsek @CoachTomZ 18h
    @SkatingLesson Aka "hero points" U still have 2 admire Plushenko. He is the male Dara Tores of figure skating.

    Misha Ge @Sk8Prince 16h
    The person who said possible to impossible. Unbelievable & Unstoppable : Evgeni Plushenko ‪#‎OneAndOnly‬

    Kiira Korpi Official @kiirakorpi_fi 17h
    Congrats to all Olympic medalists at the new figure skating ‪#‎teamevent‬! Gotta admit that nobody could beat Plushenko's charisma on the ice.

    Lu @Diva_Ludmi 18h
    Omg the latinoamerican commentator when they give plush the flowers:"I'm going to stand up. Who can resist and not stand up to Plushenko?"

  3. #783
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    1,943
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Plushenko News_Eng ‏@PlushenkoNews 6h

    (video montage) RT @edvin_marton: "Best of Plushenko" (Featuring never before seen fan pictures!!) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aFbd_BUzwtk


    I'm there!!!I'm on the video!


    many many fantastic pics on this page:http://evgeni-plushenko.com/forum/vi...p=82417#p82417

    http://www.absoluteskating.com/index...ent-sineadkerr
    Last edited by lala; 02-10-2014 at 04:47 PM.

  4. #784

    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    24,950
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    91872
    Quote Originally Posted by lala View Post
    Plushenko News_Eng ‏@PlushenkoNews 6h

    (video montage) RT @edvin_marton: "Best of Plushenko" (Featuring never before seen fan pictures!!) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aFbd_BUzwtk


    I'm there!!!I'm on the video!


    many many fantastic pics on this page:http://evgeni-plushenko.com/forum/vi...p=82417#p82417

    http://www.absoluteskating.com/index...ent-sineadkerr
    Lala, are you at the Olympics?

    Thanks for all the updates. I loved the tweets from so many skaters.

  5. #785

    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    24,950
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    91872
    What did you all think of Plushy's LP music? When I first heard he was going to skate 'The Best of Plushenko' I thought this could be disjointed and not work. After watching his performance on Sunday, I thought it worked very well when he skated to music from The Godfather, Njinski(opening with Scheherzade), Tosca. I am forgetting the last one. IIRC Saint Petersburg 300 was not included (why?). It made me almost nostalgic for those great performances.

  6. #786
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    1,943
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Vash01 View Post
    What did you all think of Plushy's LP music? When I first heard he was going to skate 'The Best of Plushenko' I thought this could be disjointed and not work. After watching his performance on Sunday, I thought it worked very well when he skated to music from The Godfather, Njinski(opening with Scheherzade), Tosca. I am forgetting the last one. IIRC Saint Petersburg 300 was not included (why?). It made me almost nostalgic for those great performances.
    I like it. Godfather, Nijinsky,Tosca, Tango Amor, and Adagio..I think, Edvin did a great job.. No I'm not in Sochi...((((((

  7. #787
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    2,531
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    The last truly great competitor the sport has/will ever see. FABULOUS CHAMPION,A TRUE LEGEND.

  8. #788
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    626
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    The last truly great competitor the sport has/will ever see.
    I think you're right about that. What a thrill to see him skate so well and get his second Olympic gold.

  9. #789
    YEAH!
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Worshipping Grebenkina...
    Posts
    13,811
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    11922
    Vash - I also questioned it at first but in the end the megamix was fun.

    lala have you been able to find the medal ceremony?

    Funny article
    http://deadspin.com/your-guide-to-ev...-ba-1519954100
    Your Guide To Evgeni Plushenko, Figure Skating's Old Badass

    http://bostonherald.com/sports/other...am_very_famous
    SOCHI SCENE: Evgeni Plushenko's wife: 'I am very famous'

    I think he would only be a two-time Olympic medalist without her...

  10. #790
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    1,943
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Cherub721 View Post
    Vash - I also questioned it at first but in the end the megamix was fun.

    lala have you been able to find the medal ceremony?

    Funny article
    http://deadspin.com/your-guide-to-ev...-ba-1519954100
    Your Guide To Evgeni Plushenko, Figure Skating's Old Badass

    http://bostonherald.com/sports/other...am_very_famous
    SOCHI SCENE: Evgeni Plushenko's wife: 'I am very famous'

    I think he would only be a two-time Olympic medalist without her...
    medal ceremony: http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x1b...eam-mc-3_sport

    Yes, I'm sure Yana was the motivation for Plushy..and he would be atwo-time medalist without Yana..

    I don't like too much that article..funny, but rude at the same time..

  11. #791

    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    24,950
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    91872
    Quote Originally Posted by immoimeme View Post
    Nobody sells a program like Plushenko. Nobody. I was so glad I got to see that and so wished I could have been there. What a grrrreat moment from a skater I always knew would make history. So happy for him, so very VERY happy. Whee!! :-D
    I first saw him skate live in Vancouver at the 2001 Worlds and I became an instant fan. I saw him skate live many times with COI and also at the 2002 Olympics. He has a presence on the ice like no one else. I am so happy that he is still skating!

  12. #792
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    1,943
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    bit.ly/1dcZaaU pic.twitter.com/E6Isl8dPTh https://twitter.com/dust_man/status/...631233/photo/1

    Plushenko News_Eng ‏@PlushenkoNews Feb 11

    RT @yanarudkovskaya: Zhenya after the ceremony, this guys were waiting him for a picture! ... http://instagram.com/p/kRH5lTFSM_/

    Lynn Rutherford ‏@LynnRutherford Feb 11

    Plushenko scheduled 2 "practice" soon. @jeremyabbottpcf on him:"He doesn't need to pound away, he does a quad in blink of an eye"#Sochi2014

    Plushy & Yulia http://cs424521.vk.me/v424521698/6757/10-tyg5X-ys.jpg

    Elvis Stojko ‏@Therealestojko Feb 11

    For the Plushy Fans, from a show we did last year in Torino. Crazy footwork. @Sochi2014 @YahooSports #GoCanadaGo https://twitter.com/Therealestojko/s...808704/photo/1


    Michelle Kwan ‏@MichelleWKwan 11h

    How do Olympic Champs relax before competing? A little futbol! https://twitter.com/MichelleWKwan/st...055169/photo/1

    consuelo valoppi ‏@lelo546 Feb 10

    Evgeni Plushenko : PLUSHENKO SCRIVE LA STORIA !! http://evgeniplushenkoitalia.blogspo....html?spref=tw

    Valentin Yudashkin ‏@vYudashkin 17h

    Доброе утро !!!!!����✌️ https://twitter.com/vYudashkin/statu...306368/photo/1 Yudashkin is the famous designer , and openly gay, Plushy's friend. He travelled Sochi because of him.

    Plushenko News_Eng ‏@PlushenkoNews Feb 11

    RT @yanarudkovskaya: W/ 2 sports legends! 8 Olympic medals - 5 gold & 3 silvers! Vladislav Tretiak &Eveni http://instagram.com/p/kPXWWUlSFv/#

    Lynn Rutherford ‏@LynnRutherford 13h

    .@EvgeniPlushenko Practice: 2 falls on 3A & 4T, but hit both jumps other times. No run-thru, worked a bit on closing combo spin

    Lynn Rutherford ‏@LynnRutherford 55m

    Late with this "news," but Plushenko did not attend his evening practice today.

    Evan Lysacek ‏@EvanLysacek 13h

    Plushenko having rough practice. 4T looks �� 3axel giving him trouble. Have never seen him fall so much. Worried bout his back. Careful Plush

    Elvis Stojko ‏@Therealestojko 14h

    @EvgeniPlushenko looking good!

    Elvis Stojko ‏@Therealestojko 14h

    Catching up with Plushy at practice. @YahooSports @CBCOlympics #FS #wearewinter @Sochi2014 https://twitter.com/Therealestojko/s...421824/photo/1


    Nick McCarvel ‏@NickMcCarvel
    Off-ice practice for Yevgeny #Plushenko, who looks all-in for tonight and is scheduled to skate 7th #Sochi2014 https://twitter.com/NickMcCarvel/sta...00258933678081

    Plushenko did a cascade of "4-3-3" before the performance in the individual tournament Olympics
    http://sochi2014.rsport.ru/sochi2014...723766394.html


    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wMIErbpN_ys Evgeni Plushenko- Pony bomb routine..


    Edvin Marton https://www.facebook.com/edvin.marton

    Today I travel to Sochi because Evgeni Plushenko's big performance will be tomorrow. I'm so excited, see you there! #sochi2014 #travel #airport
    Last edited by lala; 02-12-2014 at 10:08 PM.

  13. #793

    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    24,950
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    91872
    Quote Originally Posted by lala View Post




    .@EvgeniPlushenko Practice: 2 falls on 3A & 4T, but hit both jumps other times. No run-thru, worked a bit on closing combo spin

    Lynn Rutherford ‏@LynnRutherford 55m

    Late with this "news," but Plushenko did not attend his evening practice today.

    Evan Lysacek ‏@EvanLysacek 13h

    Plushenko having rough practice. 4T looks �� 3axel giving him trouble. Have never seen him fall so much. Worried bout his back. Careful Plush

    Catching up with Plushy at practice. @YahooSports @CBCOlympics #FS #wearewinter @Sochi2014 https://twitter.com/Therealestojko/s...421824/photo/1

    This worries me. Is his back bothering him? I hope he can skate tomorrow (and day after too)

  14. #794
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    329
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Hope he holds up and makes it through the SP and LP. Don't think he can contend with Chan or Hanyu but could be a good battle for bronze with Fernandez, Machida, Reynolds and dark horses Ten and Takahashi. He's already beaten Machida and Reynolds in the team event and looks a lot better than Takahashi or Ten have looked this year. Anything can happen with Plushenko on the ice! Can't wait to see it play out.

  15. #795

    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    24,950
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    91872
    Ten has not skated well this whole season. Takahashi is injured. Reynolds and Machida have the jumps but not the performance. If Plushy skates well, he can challenge them for the bronze. Fernandez would be tough to beat; he has the jumps, the performance, and Orser as his coach.

    ETA: You cannot ignore Han Yan. He is a wonderful young skater.

  16. #796
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    ciocioworld
    Posts
    578
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    It will be very tough for Plushy! I'll be sending him all my support during the competition. Hanyu, Javi and Chan are very strong. Only if Evgeni is clean and they bomb big time, Plushy has a chance to medal.

  17. #797
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    1,943
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Vash01 View Post
    This worries me. Is his back bothering him? I hope he can skate tomorrow (and day after too)
    I think isn't too bad...

    http://video.yandex.ua/users/larisao...64/?ncrnd=7115

  18. #798
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    1,943
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by ciocio View Post
    It will be very tough for Plushy! I'll be sending him all my support during the competition. Hanyu, Javi and Chan are very strong. Only if Evgeni is clean and they bomb big time, Plushy has a chance to medal.
    Yes Plushy needs many supports..


    Wild-card Plushenko emerges as another threat to Chan’s golden dreams
    http://www.theglobeandmail.com/sport...ticle16845352/

    Evgeni Pluschenko's Olympic formula
    http://www.healthylivingmagazine.us/Articles/398/



    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tswOmw6vqhI two days and 874 000 viewers...
    Last edited by lala; 02-13-2014 at 01:17 PM.

  19. #799
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Posts
    793
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    So heartbreaking!

  20. #800
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Posts
    793
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    He helped Russia bring home gold and that's how I'll remember him.

Page 40 of 51 FirstFirst ... 30383940414250 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •