Page 34 of 51 FirstFirst ... 24323334353644 ... LastLast
    YEAH!
    vCash
    That was fantastic. I love Yags but at the triple toe comment.

vCash
    So the bickering between Plushenko and Yagudin continues more than 10 years later. lol
    Plushenko is an admirable talent. What he is still capable of doing on the ice amazes me. It's a pity he couldn't win russian nationals. Somehow I feel we haven't seen the last of him yet.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DaiKozOda View Post
    So the bickering between Plushenko and Yagudin continues more than 10 years later. lol
    Plushenko is an admirable talent. What he is still capable of doing on the ice amazes me. It's a pity he couldn't win russian nationals. Somehow I feel we haven't seen the last of him yet.

Plushy does not usually respond Yag's statements, but now a reporter asked about it. Yag was invited to Plushy's birthday show, first he said no, then he performed there. I guess he receive a lot of money for it from Plush.

----------------------
    http://www.championat.com/olympic14/...jushhenko.html ( google translate)

Separation from home, bullying , trauma, surgery , disqualification threat court - all that overcame Evgeni Plushenko on the way to his victories .
    beginning of the road

The first test drive arranged Evgeni Plushenko life , when he was only 11 years old. Sports Palace , where he was a talented skater , has won several children's tournament , was closed and had to choose : either tie with figure skating , or to move to St. Petersburg alone, without family and friends. Plushenko chose the second train and went to the legendary Alexei Mishin in the northern capital . Parents stayed home, working on it , to somehow keep his son, who at an early age had to start adulthood. Only a year later it could not come to my mother , a few years later moved and the whole family .

Through thorns and hazing

When Plushenko was in a group Mishina , who coached Olympic champion Alexei Urmanova Lillehammer and future victor Salt Lake City Alexei Yagudin . And I must say that the emergence of new talent apprehended without much enthusiasm . And after Evgeni Plushenko , distinguished by the natural flexibility , started to perform in training Biellmann , at that time was considered exclusively feminine element , and then began to beat senior fellow at the competition , and all had a hazing - " lupasit " in the locker room . What is remembered and athlete , and his coach . But Plushenko did not give up and just a few years after the move has won the World Junior Championships , and the following season won the bronze medal adult mundial . At that time, Eugene was 15 years old . And it was a real sensation .

first Olympics

In Salt Lake City Plushenko lost gold Alexei Yagudin
    Progress boy wonder has been meteoric . In 1998 Plushenko already active on the heels Alexei Yagudin , who went to Tatiana Tarasova . And with the advent of the millennium came and " Plushenko era ," which began to collect one gold after another. Especially fruitful in this sense to the Olympic Games in 2001 turned out to be th when Eugene consistently won the Grand Prix series , and then the European Championships , and finally conquered the top of the world championship . Needless to say that in front of Salt Lake City, he was regarded as the undisputed favorite ? But it was only a facade . Olympic season began for the 19 -year-old skater is not so rosy. Please groin injury added to the problems with his knees and back. And then in the final Grand Prix of the judge " rejected " his arbitrary " Artist's Life ." And before the Games was only two months . Then it was decided to skip the European Championship to make a new , more spectacular setting . It would seem a gamble but it worked . " Carmen " was a masterpiece. However, that the Olympics Eugene still lost , falling from a quadruple toe loop in the short . Moreover, before any he was only fourth, but two phenomenal cascade " quadruple toe loop - triple toe - triple ritberger " and " triple axel - half loop - triple flip " along with the expression provided him with Olympic silver .

The first scandal with an ice show

The new Olympic season skater only strengthens its position , although it is given to him to solve . After a triumphant World Cup in 2004 , which was won by moral standing in conditions of severe competition, Plushenko was in the hospital with a diagnosis of bilateral pneumonia and otitis media . Doctors predict skater legs . But old wounds allowed to know about themselves, so for the main starts the new season athlete and the coach decided to prepare in his special mode : skip the Grand Prix , but the form of gain through performances in the ice show "Art on the Ice", as previously notified the Russian and international federations . And all for nothing if not a wave of Japanese organizers raised stage , considering himself a loser because of the absence of Russian. Dissatisfaction with the chain came to ISU, and then to FFKKR detonated four hours before the start of the show in Prague exit ban on the ice under penalty of disqualification . The scandal was big because they were unhappy with the audience and the court threatened to file an athlete organizers "Art on the Ice". Plushenko persevered and changing your training schedule , won the first Cup of Russia, then the Grand Prix Final , which also was not in his plans , and the championship of Russia is already " on the teeth " - Continental Forum . Not enough just for the World Cup , from which jacked pain and injuries athlete was forced to withdraw .

Ash and gold

After the World Cup on Plushenko almost put an end . Groin injury skaters are difficult to treat . And then there's the hardest two-day operation in the Olympic offseason. Not an outstanding athlete retired under similar circumstances . Which Games could there be? Then from skater turned many . He inquired again , risen like a phoenix from the ashes , and even prepared three different versions of the short program . But only after the victory at the first start of the season Cup of Russia it became clear that Plushenko is back and will fight to the end. A national championship once again confirmed this . Next was taken "Europe" , despite the deferred eve cold. And on his second Olympics Plushenko again came in as favorites . Of course, it could happen , was still alive the memory of Salt Lake City , but the second this error Plushenko currently not allowed . The Olympics have been won on the basis of the short program . During his " Tosca " skater received a record 90.66 points, and proved inaccessible to competitors. A childhood dream come true.

The first " comeback "

After the victory in Turin Evgeni Plushenko took a long timeout. All peaks were conquered , titles and medals won, needed a heavy duty motivation to continue to compete . We can say that the skater was thinking only a year , and from 2007 began to regularly make statements about his return , but it is constantly postponed . One of the reasons - operation at the meniscus . Again rumors that former Plushenko will not be , and the return would be unlikely. But it did take place - right in the Olympic season .

In Vancouver, Evgeni Plushenko lost Evan Lysacek
    "pen test " took place at the Moscow stage of the Grand Prix, which was successfully won. This was followed by victory in the Russian championship with record scores and a new world record at the European Championships . After that, no one doubted that Plushenko went to Vancouver for a second gold. And he returned with only silver , losing to Evan Lysacek 1.31 points on the components . This shot was one of the most painful for the athlete who was eager to take revenge just a month at the world championships . But on the recommendation of doctors withdrew from the competition . Then came the decision to speak at the fourth Olympics home .

Second row and second ice " comeback "

Starring in the World Cup for medical , Evgeni Plushenko , however , went to speak to the show without the permission of the national federation. Which aroused dissatisfaction among the next ISU and was denied the right to speak at events held by the International Skating Union . However, with the possibility of recovery . Skater returned a half years later , after another operation , this time on his knee . However, the season was very short. In December Plushenko won his ninth title in the championship of Russia , and then flashed at the European Championships . In short , he was only the second - after Arthur Gachinsky - not enough technical power . But in any fulfilled all immaculately , including quadruple and tore applause . That's just from the World Cup refused - again made ​​themselves felt injury. They are reminded of themselves and the Continental forum, but there stood the skater , and then decided not to risk it again to go under the knife before the Olympics .

The third " comeback " after spinal surgery

Try as Plushenko minimize the burden , to avoid another operation did not succeed . Failure occurred at the European Championships in Zagreb. Assuming the number of errors due to back problems in the short program , the skater has refused to participate in the tournament and went to Tel Aviv, where underwent surgery for replacement of the intervertebral disc implant. Upon learning that the athlete will , could count on the fingers of those who believed that he was again able to even return , and generally go on the ice . Before him, it could not be anyone . But Plushenko - a unique athlete , and once again he proved it , not just returning to the ice, but also by updating your personal best result in the tournament in Riga. More recently said if he could walk normally , and Plushenko already quads . And then lost the championship of Russia - the first time since 1999. But now is not ready to surrender. Too much has been invested in this return - sweat, blood , tears - to retreat at the end. Now he is ready to fight and at the European Championships , though this tournament was not in his plans. And if that happens , the remaining one and a half months before the Olympics will be probably the most important and difficult to overcome it , which can be treated differently . But exactly impossible not to admire the inner strength Evgeni Plushenko .
    Source: " Chempionat.com "

vCash
    http://lifenews.ru/news/124876

Plushy about the terror attacks in Volgograd ( his native city)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lala View Post
    http://lifenews.ru/news/124876

Plushy about the terror attacks in Volgograd ( his native city)
    I cannot open this link from work. Can you translate a portion of this?

I saw the news of the terror attack at the Volvograd train station yesterday. This is so awful! I hope it will not impact the Olympics. Whatever political differences there may be, other countries should help Russia in maintaining security in Sochi.

YEAH!
    vCash
    Google translate:
    Evgeni Plushenko: Terrorists will not be able to disrupt the Olympic Games in Sochi
    Famous Russian skater in an interview LifeNews supported his countrymen in these difficult days and urged to be united.

Olympic champion and three-time world champion, seven-time European champion Evgeni Plushenko, who spent his childhood in Volgograd, supported their fellow survivors of two terrorist attacks in the past day.

- For me, this news came as a shock, I did not even know that another attack occurred in Volgograd. I can not find words, now we must all keep. We are all together, Volgograd. Volgograd, I'm with you - told LifeNews famous Russian figure skater. - It's horrible. First of all, my condolences to the families of those who died in Volgograd. Need to stay together in such situations, people should help each other now. Terrorists need to severely punish, to take all measures. And people to be united. I live in Volgograd family: uncles, aunts, grandmothers, brothers and sisters. I have not been in contact with them, late last trained. Soon escape to the gym and I will call relatives.

Honored Master of Sports of Russia also believes that the explosions in Volgograd are attempts to disrupt the Olympic Games in Sochi.

- I think so terrorists are trying to disrupt the Olympic Games in Sochi, - says Evgeny Plushenko. - I think that the Olympics will be held in any case. I just returned from the Russian Championship and saw there the police work, intelligence agencies. It's all very professional. Impossible to disrupt the Olympics, and it will be held at the highest level.

Recall another terrorist attack committed in the morning on December 30 in Volgograd region, Volgograd Kaczynski market and aviation school.

As LifeNews reported to law enforcement agencies in the region, resulting in the bus explosion killed 15 people, injured more than 20. Among the wounded - to 8-month-old baby, he was very seriously injured. At the crime scene staffed emergency services and law enforcement.

vCash
    Happy new year to everyone, who read this thread!

https://twitter.com/Lily_shenka/stat...910784/photo/1
    https://twitter.com/PlushenkoNews/st...398528/photo/1
    http://twitpic.com/dqs5fy

His fans give him power in this hard days..

Plushenko News_Eng ‏@PlushenkoNews 52m

"Now I understand it is the road..." (thinking of one of Plushenko's fans):
    "
    I've been thinking a lot this last week, and I've had similar thoughts myself. But in the end, I will trust him and Mishin. There are not many more chances for losing or winning anyway, just the Olympics. I believe they will make the right decision, whatever it may be. There is so much information that we do not have; we cannot make any decisions for him. So for myself, I will wish what he wishes, and nothing more.

Plus, everything is in fate's hands now. If he is chosen, and he believes that he can still fight with honor, then he will do so. If not, then he would still have done everything in his power. What more can anyone ask for?

As for attacks, of course many were ready to pounce and attack. If another skater has a performance not up to their level, then that's to be taken in stride, but if it is Evgeni Plushenko, suddenly it is all "delusional" and "a shadow of his former self". They forget that a day ago, they were trembling at his SP performance. But those ink-spillers and people who inhabit internet forums are small, in the grand scheme of things. He is a true legend who is loved, who is inspirational, a hero, and nothing can change this.

As for others--yes, maybe some people are easily swayed. That's the way many people are. One day they shout their acclaim at the gate of Jerusalem, another day they mock and revile along the road to Calvary.

I know I should not make such comparisons. Evgeni is merely human. And I'm not even a Christian myself, but he is. I remember an interview from I think the summer of 2011, when he was training, and his knees were bad, he talked about his faith, what it meant to him, that to be a Christian is to "carry the cross". I remember being surprised and struck by that.

What I mean is, if it comes to heaven or hell--then perhaps that's what this venture is from the very start. If it comes to hope--then perhaps it has always been the smallest of hopes. But there is another motto I remember now, from the great composer J. S. Bach. It says: Christus coronabit crucigeros, "Christ crowns those who carry His cross".

So in that sense--as long as he keeps faith and honor in his heart, then no matter what happens, there is no chance of hell after all.

A week ago, I thought that the goal, so near, was all-important. Now I understand it is the road. Even if Evgeni never stands on competitive ice again, this would not have been in vain. it has already been worth it. He has already done the impossible.

vCash
    Lala, thanks for keeping this thread moving. Sadly the haters will not open it because it contains positive things about Plushy.

YEAH!
    vCash
    Happy New Year!

Quote Originally Posted by Vash01 View Post
    Lala, thanks for keeping this thread moving. Sadly the haters will not open it because it contains positive things about Plushy.
    Well good, it's nice to have a place to keep up to date on the fluffy stuff without reading all the negativity.

lala, I know you didn't write that, but do you have a link to the article she mentioned in which Plush is talking about his faith? It sounds interesting.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cherub721 View Post
    Happy New Year!

Well good, it's nice to have a place to keep up to date on the fluffy stuff without reading all the negativity.

lala, I know you didn't write that, but do you have a link to the article she mentioned in which Plush is talking about his faith? It sounds interesting.
    Probably I can look for what he thinks of his faith in his biography and I can look for the link on the official site.

vCash
    Sorry Cherub, I didn't find that link on Plushy's wesite.. That was long time ago...Plushy's website is so huge.

Two parts of his biography:

In Turin 2006
    "I was going out to the ice to skate the short program and there was a moment at the last but one jump when I suddenly felt : one more second and I would fall down. And then something strange happened : I felt like someone’s strong and confident hand hold me under my elbow and did not leave me to slip down.
    The short program I skated impeccably, made everything that had been conceived. When the music finished and the judges gave me the marks I realized that at this program the competitors could not overtake me. I was ten marks ahead of them and this was much.
    Then, when I went out for the free program I was calm. Somewhere deep in my soul there was a cloud of tender agitation – I should not make any mistake, especially at the complicated elements. “Hold on!” – I told myself.
    And the same happened once again. I knew definitely, that I would have fallen down on the fourth jump. But at the last moment I felt as if someone held me and helped me stay balanced.
    I still cannot understand what it was. The wing of the guardian-angel? …I don’t know…
    As I made the last complicated element during the performance I suddenly realized – now I only have to skate it to the end. I already felt, I knew I have won the Olympics.
    I had to wait for the marks, but at this moment I had no doubts any more, that they will give me the highest marks. There was simply no other way."

"I believe in God. My parents baptized me when I was five or six. It was me, who asked them to do it. I saw other children with little crosses on their neck and once I asked mom:
    - Why do the others have little crosses and I don’t?
    - Because the others are baptized and you are not.
    - I want to be baptized too.
    Mom told me later, that she had been very surprised – I had assumed such a serious air.
    Then mom told me about God, about the ritual of Baptism and I was baptized.
    I cared much for the little cross on my neck. While training I checked all the time if it was there, I was afraid not to lose it.
    Faith is for me a serious matter. I go to church, but always alone, when my soul needs this.

I know that my talent is given from God and without it I would have been nothing. I know also that this talent is a big responsibility. I have to show all it is capable of."
    ----------------------------------

Sarynka ‏@Sarynka 3h

"@itOpinionsPost: Plushenko: ora il gioco si fa duro http://bit.ly/1hixHY3 " in Italian, google translate

Plushenko : now the going gets tough

The week is about to end has been one of the most inexplicably strange that supporters of Evgeni Plushenko have ever lived . Maybe it was just as strange and inexplicable even to him. The athlete invincible , the king of the impossible has placed a foot on the ground and was made man . Imperfect , fallible , human. Nobody expected it , but it happened . And there are no means of injuries, this time it was something else that happened quite a few times .

Evgeni lost his concentration and presented a program of race did not live up to expectations . Its in particular. The nationals of Russia were held in Sochi, which will host the race in the Olympics in February. From December 22 to 27 Russian athletes in the various disciplines of figure skating battled the men's race and gave the show on and off the ice. The short program was dominated by Plushenko who scored 98.41 points in the segment of which 50.51 and 47.90 on the technical presentation.

About 5 points above the then rival , Maxim Kovtun , protégé of the powerful coach Tatiana Tarasova , former coach of Olympic champion Alexei Yagudin . All good except the tops had said Plushenko , bolstered by a solid short program despite the sudden change of music. " The girl like you ," new style for Russian, has in fact been replaced at the last minute with an adapted version of "Tango Roxanne " lengthy program of the season 2011/2012. A choice dictated by safety skate proven in on that piece , it seems.

And everything went the right way . The jumps perfect and free from burrs begin with a combination quadruple toe loop - triple - toe loop , then a fantastic triple Axel , a triple Lutz and again . Good sequences of steps , shame about the low levels in the tops . As he had said , in fact. The screaming fans once again were in seventh heaven , an athlete with unparalleled strength , a boy from the most unassailable will of steel, able to fight at the same level of skaters younger than him . At sixteen years since the beginning of his international career , studded with unprecedented success , Plushenko was still there, escaping to the higher levels . How can we not be happy?

The "drama" is worn on the day following the day of reckoning for all skating competitions : the long program . Plushenko part thirteenth , the first of his group of competitors. Typically this has always loaded in the past, it was he who set the standard , 99 times out of a hundred centering the victory with wide gap over their rivals . The one percent that nobody would have imagined seeing gave everyone , including himself , an extremely painful shock . A horrible cold shower at the worst time imaginable .

Because this competition was to decide who to send the Olympics , the athlete who would be able to win the only place available to compete in the race of races. And Plushenko finished second behind Kovtun , who presented two of the three planned quadruple totaling 267.13 . Second? A nightmare in a race that was nothing short of inexplicable. 162.96 score in the segment . A quadruple combination in no start , a second attempt to quadruple toe loop - triple and came out only then the blackout . Double Axels tried several times looking for a triple then landed only at the end of the program, a double Lutz, and , in essence, an unrecognizable Plushenko , who was also surprised by her own performance .

After this shock , the reality is that no one knows what will happen , the declarations have taken place between denials, contradictions , interviews each other's opposite of the other. Understanding what is right or wrong in these moments is a huge question mark. The choice that you will have to make is , or Kovtun Plushenko for Olympic competition ? Maxim will participate in the European Championships in Budapest between plus or minus two weeks Plushenko is officially off the team for the request of his coach Mishin .

The only thing certain in all this intrigue is that the skater in St. Petersburg, one of those very few people who can claim the title of " living legend " is not only to support this difficult battaglia.In millions of fans around the world are been influenced by his personality , his iron will, which has overcome the difficulties with an uncommon courage that led him to the highest level in his sport . The darkest hour has passed, Evgeni Plushenko can count on a wonderful family and a great " army " of supporters who lives his battles as if they were their own .

I am not exaggerating by saying that people who like Plushenko have felt a strong pain in the past days . It may seem silly to even think that, but to identify with a character so charismatic means that in addition to admiration , feel everything around him, as if it were part of the family . Why not infrequently happens that those who love Plushenko considers it an example to follow that leads many to not surrender to the difficulties of life, especially the lonely, those with a lived hard , that draw strength from the way a guy came from the most remote corner of the icy Siberia , has managed to turn his talent into a bright career with few equals in the world.

And this is certainly not the time you stop believing in him and in his stubbornness. The opportunity to participate in the Olympics at home is something great, immensely desirable. The last word has not yet been written , and the real battle has yet to be fought. It takes courage , once again , despite everything. The dream is still alive, force Zhenya !
    - See more at : http://it.opinionspost.com/plushenko...co-si-fa-duro/ # sthash.Kwo3vPO6.dpuf

this was on Yana's instagram, but a follower uoloaded it on YouTube immediately http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GH8DlM_wH3g
    Last edited by lala; 01-02-2014 at 06:28 PM.

vCash
    Wrong thread.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by butyrskafanatic View Post
    Wrong thread.
    Great!!!! I'm glad such a person like you isn't in Plushy's fandom... I'm proud of that I'm one of them... There are only good persons...
    Last edited by lala; 01-02-2014 at 07:16 PM.

vCash
    Somewhat OT: How far is Volvograd from Sochi? I imagine more than 1000 miles. Why did the rebels attack Volvograd but not something closer to Sochi? Just to send a message that they could do it in or closer to Sochi? Sorry, I am not asking anyone to read the terrorists' minds; I am just curious.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Vash01 View Post
    Somewhat OT: How far is Volvograd from Sochi? I imagine more than 1000 miles. Why did the rebels attack Volvograd but not something closer to Sochi? Just to send a message that they could do it in or closer to Sochi? Sorry, I am not asking anyone to read the terrorists' minds; I am just curious.
    Distance between Volgograd and Sochi is approximately 428 miles.

vCash
    Last edited by lala; 01-03-2014 at 09:14 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SkateFan66 View Post
    Distance between Volgograd and Sochi is approximately 428 miles.
    I should have looked up the map.

I knew Volvograd was a thousand miles from Saint Petersburg (based on Plushy's bio) but didn't know in what direction.

vCash
    Elena Ilinikh: physically, we are ready for the Olympics:
    http://itar-tass.com/opinions/interviews/1875 ( google translate)

only Plushy's part

- To monitor the situation in the men's figure skating at the Russian Championship ? And for someone sick?
    - For a good ride because Maxim Kovtun risked and did three " quads " jump. He knew that without the risk can not win the legend of figure skating. The situation was such at Kovtun - sink or swim . At the same time , I have great respect for Evgeni Plushenko , because I know how it relates to business. Understand it , already titled athlete , trained hard and did all their jumps , although he could have his appearance to make the audience applaud . This clearly shows that it is given on the ice at one hundred percent. I am very worried about Eugene and want to have it all was well with his health.

- As interpreted his refusal to speak at the European Championships ?
    - The case of each athlete . Apparently, he has such a plan in preparation for the Olympics. And perhaps this is due to an injury. Oh such experienced athletes know how to distribute the forces.

- From the thought that he made ​​the announcement in a temper ?
    - I do not think that people who have passed fire and copper pipes may leave itself after such nonsense . I'm sure it was a deliberate decision . These people just do not say anything and do nothing . He knows exactly what he aspires to , what he would do .

- That is, you do not agree with the opinion of Alexei Yagudin , who believes that it is time to make way for Plushenko young?
    - I think that Plushenko is doing everything right . Right now Kovtun proved that he can fight on equal terms with Plushenko . But he will again have to take risks, to once again circumvent Plushenko. Why Eugene can not continue to act if his health allows ? Understand , he loves his job . And you can not blame him for what he does not give way to young .

vCash
    I don't remeber that I mentioned for you or not, there is a game " Hetalia". I don't know it but many people are playing with it. And many people think Plushy as " Russia-Ivan Braginski"

this is the facebook page http://www.facebook.com/pages/Evgeni...694459?fref=ts

and a Japanese fan made these drawings

APH-Ivan Braginski 06
    by Qingmu

Original is Plushenko , I love him to death. —— ^ ^ http://qingmu.deviantart.com/art/APH...i-06-413523545

plus these drawing were on twitter today, they are so cute and funny!!!!

from Lilyshenka:

https://twitter.com/Lily_shenka/stat...421376/photo/1

https://twitter.com/Lily_shenka/stat...726273/photo/1 look at his hair

and from noble http://twitter.com/nomble11/status/4...588802/photo/1

from sakko http://twitter.com/sakko_o/status/41...386880/photo/1

from ryos http://twitter.com/ryos0713/status/4...539136/photo/1

I know this isn't skating, or skating news, but this is also Plushenko..he continously inspires his fans.. this makes him more interesting..
    Last edited by lala; 01-05-2014 at 08:26 AM.

vCash
    Lala,

These are great! I particularly liked the 'Girl with the pearl earring' with Plushy's face on it.

Page 34 of 51 FirstFirst ... 24323334353644 ... LastLast