Page 30 of 51 FirstFirst ... 20282930313240 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fanof View Post
    So Pluschenko will go 2014 European or no? I am a big fan
    I believe, I'm a big fan too..

http://en.rsport.ru/other_sports/201...702175091.html
    Kovtun:
    MOSCOW, November 19 (R-Sport) - Rising Russian figure skating star Maxim Kovtun said Tuesday he is looking forward to dueling Turin Olympic champion Evgeni Plushenko for a single place at next year’s Sochi Winter Games.

Kovtun, 18, was due to face the 30-year-old Plushenko at the Cup of Russia this weekend until Plushenko pulled out with a knee injury, and now they cannot face each other until the two competitions that will decide who gets Russia’s sole slot in the Olympic men’s event.

Plushenko has competed just once since January, and his fitness is a key question ahead of next month’s Russian nationals, before January’s European championships offer the last chance to make the host nation’s team for Sochi.

“Personally, I don’t care what condition Plushenko’s in,” Kovtun said. “You have to be beat him in real life, when he’s on form, otherwise there’s no value in it.”

“If I win when he’s, to put it bluntly, sprawled about, then that’s not the same. I hope he comes to the Russian championships on form and we’ll see who’s better.”

Kovtun's international breakthrough came with second place at the Cup of China Grand Prix earlier this month, finishing behind local prodigy Han Yan, but he said still considered himself Russia’s “first reserve” behind Plushenko.

Ahead of this week’s Cup of Russia, Kovtun has tweaked his short program to alter a problematic step sequence, typically a less challenging part of the program but one that caused him to fall in China and lose crucial points.

And the 18-year-old is under no illusions about the gulf between himself and Sochi gold medal favorite Patrick Chan of Canada, who set a new world record of 295.27 points in Paris last week, 34 more than Plushenko has ever managed and almost 60 more than Kovtun’s best.

“The night when he did that skate, I slept very badly, thinking about how much work’s ahead to achieve something of that kind,” Kovtun said. “At moments like that, I also look back, see how much I’ve already worked, so that I am where I am today. I think I can cope.”

The Cup of Russia takes place Friday and Saturday, and the Olympics run from February 7 through 23.

We will see..we will see...

http://www.fontanka.ru/2013/11/18/112/ google translating

Alexei Mishin : Plushenko 's short program will be changed
    11/18/2013 15:08
    VKontakte
    Facebook
    LiveJournal

Alexei Mishin , the coach of Olympic figure skating champion Yevgeny Plushenko , said that his client in Sochi will ride like never before ridden . Mentor believes that there are good reasons to expect from the successful performance of an athlete in Sochi.

"I am absolutely convinced that Plushenko will show their best performance . We look at the performance stage Grand Prix of strong skaters. Some of them are wonderful in their movement in a different direction , I am far from thinking someone criticize . After all, figure skating - versatile sport , it is possible to move in the different directions , as in art, music or science. The Soviet and Russian skaters - Bobrin , Urmanov , Ovchinnikov , Yagudin , Plushenko - carried something else along with quality skating. Each of their performance - mikrospektakl , the embodiment of the idea of the image . In today's figure skating skate well , quickly rotate the skaters are very hardy, they have good transitions . I can say that the program Plushenko fully meet modern trends. There is also a rotation, and jumping, and transitions. But it does have charisma and reared generations of figure skating. In his speech, there is always a story , drama . Plushenko programs will be a combination of requirements of modern figure skating and the fact that accumulated traditions. This can give a great effect , "- shared his expectations Alexei Mishin .

Mentor Yevgeny Plushenko said the performance of his ward on the ground for him in season tournament - Volvo Cup. In Riga, St. Petersburg skater confidently won the first place . But Alexei Mishin was unhappy with the short program and said that it needs some work.

"Rather than quadruple jump Zhenya made a triple , then he has failed in the triple stage , he made it 3-2. I am a very sober look at his performance . In the short program , it was unsuccessful . But when we went to Riga, I told Zhenya that the main act , as you like to go through two stages of competitions, because without experience can not speak - not in the Cup " Rostelecom ", nor in the Russian Championship . And when, in Riga, he went to the ice for the second time , I felt confident in their abilities. Zhenya will ride much better. A short program, we change . But I will not say how, " - said Alexei Mishin .

It is known that Yevgeny Plushenko will miss due to injury one of the Grand Prix . But Alexei Mishin did not rule out that his client will speak at other competitions before the final Grand Prix. Until this issue is solved .

Alexei Mishin praised the degree of preparation for the Olympic Games and its student Elizabeth Tuktamysheva .

"In my opinion, the best Elizabeth skating . When she performed at Skate America, each accompanied by the applause of her jump . Each time the hall stood up . Get a standing ovation Russian girl in America - is a significant fact , "- concluded Alexei Mishin .
    Last edited by lala; 11-19-2013 at 07:50 PM.

vCash
    I can't warm up to Kovtun until he skates well in a world level competition. He was the reason Russia has only one spot at the Olympics at home. I hope Plushenko beats him at the Russian nationals. Keeping my fingers crossed that Zhenya stays healthy and keeps getting better and better all the way to Sochi. I also cannot ignore the fact that Gachinski has the potential to beat Kovtun, and possibly Plushenko, but Kovtun is being promoted as the 'rising star' while Gachinski is being totally ignored.

Banned Member
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lala View Post
    I believe, I'm a big fan too..

http://en.rsport.ru/other_sports/201...702175091.html
    Kovtun:
    MOSCOW, November 19 (R-Sport) - Rising Russian figure skating star Maxim Kovtun said Tuesday he is looking forward to dueling Turin Olympic champion Evgeni Plushenko for a single place at next year’s Sochi Winter Games.

Kovtun, 18, was due to face the 30-year-old Plushenko at the Cup of Russia this weekend until Plushenko pulled out with a knee injury, and now they cannot face each other until the two competitions that will decide who gets Russia’s sole slot in the Olympic men’s event.

Plushenko has competed just once since January, and his fitness is a key question ahead of next month’s Russian nationals, before January’s European championships offer the last chance to make the host nation’s team for Sochi.

“Personally, I don’t care what condition Plushenko’s in,” Kovtun said. “You have to be beat him in real life, when he’s on form, otherwise there’s no value in it.”

“If I win when he’s, to put it bluntly, sprawled about, then that’s not the same. I hope he comes to the Russian championships on form and we’ll see who’s better.”

Kovtun's international breakthrough came with second place at the Cup of China Grand Prix earlier this month, finishing behind local prodigy Han Yan, but he said still considered himself Russia’s “first reserve” behind Plushenko.

Ahead of this week’s Cup of Russia, Kovtun has tweaked his short program to alter a problematic step sequence, typically a less challenging part of the program but one that caused him to fall in China and lose crucial points.

And the 18-year-old is under no illusions about the gulf between himself and Sochi gold medal favorite Patrick Chan of Canada, who set a new world record of 295.27 points in Paris last week, 34 more than Plushenko has ever managed and almost 60 more than Kovtun’s best.

“The night when he did that skate, I slept very badly, thinking about how much work’s ahead to achieve something of that kind,” Kovtun said. “At moments like that, I also look back, see how much I’ve already worked, so that I am where I am today. I think I can cope.”

The Cup of Russia takes place Friday and Saturday, and the Olympics run from February 7 through 23.

We will see..we will see...

http://www.fontanka.ru/2013/11/18/112/ google translating

Alexei Mishin : Plushenko 's short program will be changed
    11/18/2013 15:08
    VKontakte
    Facebook
    LiveJournal

Alexei Mishin , the coach of Olympic figure skating champion Yevgeny Plushenko , said that his client in Sochi will ride like never before ridden . Mentor believes that there are good reasons to expect from the successful performance of an athlete in Sochi.

"I am absolutely convinced that Plushenko will show their best performance . We look at the performance stage Grand Prix of strong skaters. Some of them are wonderful in their movement in a different direction , I am far from thinking someone criticize . After all, figure skating - versatile sport , it is possible to move in the different directions , as in art, music or science. The Soviet and Russian skaters - Bobrin , Urmanov , Ovchinnikov , Yagudin , Plushenko - carried something else along with quality skating. Each of their performance - mikrospektakl , the embodiment of the idea of the image . In today's figure skating skate well , quickly rotate the skaters are very hardy, they have good transitions . I can say that the program Plushenko fully meet modern trends. There is also a rotation, and jumping, and transitions. But it does have charisma and reared generations of figure skating. In his speech, there is always a story , drama . Plushenko programs will be a combination of requirements of modern figure skating and the fact that accumulated traditions. This can give a great effect , "- shared his expectations Alexei Mishin .

Mentor Yevgeny Plushenko said the performance of his ward on the ground for him in season tournament - Volvo Cup. In Riga, St. Petersburg skater confidently won the first place . But Alexei Mishin was unhappy with the short program and said that it needs some work.

"Rather than quadruple jump Zhenya made a triple , then he has failed in the triple stage , he made it 3-2. I am a very sober look at his performance . In the short program , it was unsuccessful . But when we went to Riga, I told Zhenya that the main act , as you like to go through two stages of competitions, because without experience can not speak - not in the Cup " Rostelecom ", nor in the Russian Championship . And when, in Riga, he went to the ice for the second time , I felt confident in their abilities. Zhenya will ride much better. A short program, we change . But I will not say how, " - said Alexei Mishin .

It is known that Yevgeny Plushenko will miss due to injury one of the Grand Prix . But Alexei Mishin did not rule out that his client will speak at other competitions before the final Grand Prix. Until this issue is solved .

Alexei Mishin praised the degree of preparation for the Olympic Games and its student Elizabeth Tuktamysheva .

"In my opinion, the best Elizabeth skating . When she performed at Skate America, each accompanied by the applause of her jump . Each time the hall stood up . Get a standing ovation Russian girl in America - is a significant fact , "- concluded Alexei Mishin .
    To digress: Dammit, if there was just effin' three spots for Lipnitskaya, Sotnikova, and Tuktamysheva (god, I just love pronouncing her name, lol)...

vCash
    http://olympictalk.nbcsports.com/201...enkos-absence/

Russia’s Kovtun records monster short program in Plushenko’s absence

Nicholas McCarvel

Nov 22, 2013, 1:20 PM EST
    Leave a comment
    ISU Grand Prix of Figure Skating Final 2012 - Day One Getty Images

For some 15 years, Yevgeny Plushenko has been the king of Russian skating. But Friday, with no king in sight, a prince reigned over the ice in Moscow, Maksim Kovtun formally announcing his challenge to Plushenko’s throne.

Kovtun has been the up-and-coming boy of a nation steeped in figure skating tradition for the last two years and delivered a monster short program at the Rostelecom Cup, the final Grand Prix of the season, in which Plushenko withdrew from a week ago with a knee injury.

Skating in front of a home crowd, the 18-year-old Kovtun produced a 92.53, the fourth-highest score of the season and better than Plushenko’s best-ever short program (91.30), securing himself a safe lead over second-place Tatsuki Machida of Japan (84.90) and re-igniting the discussion of who will get Russia’s coveted lone Olympic spot for Sochi.

Kovtun was a disappointing 17th at the World Championships earlier this year, meaning the Russians got just one place for a men’s singles skater at the upcoming Olympic Games. But after a second-place finish at the Cup of Russia earlier this month and a dazzling performance that included a quadruple Salchow-triple toe opening combination and a quadruple toe to follow, Kovtun continues to push the envelope.

Reigning world bronze medalist Javier Fernandez fell on his opening quadruple Salchow, relegating him to third behind Kovtun and Machida.

It was a poor showing for American men, as Richard Dornbush came up short on two of his jumps and fell on his lone Axel, a triple, finishing seventh out of eight skaters. His teammate, Josh Farris, withdrew after spraining his ankle Thursday in practice.

Dornbush is the 2011 U.S. Championships siilver medalist while Farris, 18, is competing in his first season on the senior Grand Prix circuit. He was fifth at Skate Canada last month.

Kovtun will look for another show-stopping performance Saturday in the men’s free skate. Many around skating believe the Olympic spot will go to Plushenko if he is healthy regardless of how Kovtun performs, though a win in Moscow from the youngster would put more pressure on the veteran.

The last Russian man not named Plushenko to win a Grand Prix gold medal? Iliya Klimkin at the NHK Trohpy in 2002.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xgF6jecHJbc Kovtun
    I would like to skate with Evgeni Plushenko on same ice..

Tom Zakrajsek ‏@CoachTomZ 3h

Hanging out with legendary coach and one of my idols Professor Alexei Mishin. http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fb...1&l=98c71bf94c
    Last edited by lala; 11-23-2013 at 07:23 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lala View Post
    Tom Zakrajsek ‏@CoachTomZ 3h

Hanging out with legendary coach and one of my idols Professor Alexei Mishin. http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fb...1&l=98c71bf94c
    Maybe Tom should model one or two more things on Mishin. The Professor would NEVER force a skater to skate injured...

vCash
    Plushenko News_Eng ‏@PlushenkoNews 3h

Mishin: "Plushenko will not go to any of the competition before the Russian Championship (22-27.12.). His health's OK and regularly trains"
    http://www.vesti.ru/doc.html?id=1158885&1158885

vCash
    Plushenko News_Eng ‏@PlushenkoNews 35m

(Plushy's shows) RT @yanarudkovskaya: Latvia, Estonia, Belarus & also Rumania in April ! All dates very soon! Another countries after Sochi!

Plushenko News_Eng ‏@PlushenkoNews 23m

(one more country in Plushy's shows list) RT @yanarudkovskaya: @PlushenkoNews yes! In June - China!

and 3 very cute videos on Sasha http://instagram.com/p/hGkT85lSKN/# http://instagram.com/p/hF22a5FSFI/ http://instagram.com/p/hF2VHwFSEp/

News fluff on Plu comeback http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vOY9brJk0X0

vCash
    Kings On Ice Olympic Gala
    Bucharest, Romania 05.04.2014
    Arena: Sala Polivalenta

TICKETS:https://www.myticket.ro/en/events/ki...ilie-2014.html

The perfection, intensity and splendor of world figure skating will be at its best in the capital city in one of the most famous and appreciated shows of its kind in Romania: Kings On Ice Olympic Gala 2014! The impressive ice show will present some of the best ice skating artists in the world and will take place on the 5th of April at Sala Polivalenta in Bucharest. Alongside the Olympic, World and European champions, the “King Of Ice” Evgeni Plushenko will return to Bucharest with a special and unique Best-Of skating programme.
    The tickets ranging between 120 and 400 lei will be available starting Friday, the 29th of November, online on http://www.myticket.ro , in Diverta Stores, Muzica Store, Mihai Eminescu bookstore and Sala Palatului box office.

Evgeni Plushenko:
    “The King of Ice” will present in Bucharest a spectacular programme – a best-of compilation of the most impressive and loved moments from his career.
    http://www.facebook.com/events/551609034907792/

YEAH!
    vCash
    Cool... will you be going, lala? I wish they'd come to the US, there are enough Russians in the NY/NJ area to make it worth it IMO... (not to mention just plain figure skating fans). I just noticed the link in your sig... really cute.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cherub721 View Post
    Cool... will you be going, lala? I wish they'd come to the US, there are enough Russians in the NY/NJ area to make it worth it IMO... (not to mention just plain figure skating fans). I just noticed the link in your sig... really cute.
    I don't know... Bucharest is so far away from me.. I hope the show will be held in a little bit closer, too.
    -----------

Plushenko News_Eng ‏@PlushenkoNews

RT @chihiRomangaart: Evgeni Viktorovich Plushenko https://twitter.com/chihiRomangaart/.../photo/1/large

Plushenko News_Eng ‏@PlushenkoNews 2h

December 2013 Wallpaper by @chihiRomangaart you can download in section "Wallpapers & Fan Art" http://evgeni-plushenko.com/eng/download/
    Last edited by lala; 12-02-2013 at 07:00 PM.

vCash
    Was so impressed with his competitive mindset and ability to deliver at Volvo Cup.

vCash
    Sochi official trailer http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JGUmkNwU-kE very cool

vCash
    Plushenko News_Eng ‏@PlushenkoNews 12m

(Alexander Lakernik was this week at Plushy's training, his and Mishin's impressions) "Inspector came to Plushenko": http://evgeni-plushenko.com/forum/vi...p=81107#p81107
    Inspector came to Plushenko

Lakernik flew to St. Petersburg for one day, to evaluate the state of Olympic programs of Evgeni Plushenko. Immediately after training, personal Plushenko's coach Alexei Mishin and Alexander Lakernik gave an exclusive interview to "Soviet sport".

- Mishin and Plushenko passed the exam, you can write so, - jokingly suggested Professor Mishin. - We showed in repeated repetitions to Alexander Lakernik parts of our programs, which may cause doubt and debate. It was footwork, spins and jumps - triple axel, quadruple toe loop and cascade triple toe loop-triple axel. All footworks and spins were evaluated by one of the most respected judge in the world with the maximum, the fourth level. Jumps and cascades - with the "plus". How exactly will be this "plus", now can not tell you anybody, because much will depend on how well this elements will be made in a real program, how personally, one or another Olympic judge will relate toward Zhenya, such is his preferences, likes and dislikes. Our changes of Short program Lakernik also rated positively, and found that it has become more colorful and imaginative.

- Alexei, but you can at least share with us your immediate plans?
    - Evgeni will perform at the Russian Championships in late December in Sochi, until then he will not participate at any tournament.

Alexander Lakernik generally confirmed everything what said Evgeni's coach:

- If you ask me to evaluate Plushenko, how is assessed at the exam, then I will put him today 80 out of 100 percent, and that's normally. Goes workflow, but at the same time, it is quite obvious that Plushenko's programs are at the level of the world's elite skaters, who will aspire to high places at the Olympic Games in Sochi. Evgeni will necessarily have a quadruple toe loop in the Short Program, and two quads in Free Program, also toe loop. Exactly the same set, one quadruple in Short and two quadruple toe loops in Free program, will have the triple world champion Patrick Chan, and - theoretically, Japanese Daisuke Takahashi. European champion, Spaniard Javier Fernandez can, as we know, jump different quadruple jumps, but now he is not in very good shape, so discuss and use him for comparison is difficult.
    However, the advantage of Evgeni Plushenko is that he jumps the same quad very stable and confident. He's, unlike of many other skaters, capable under Olympic stress, to which are all exposed, do everything with exactly the same quality as in training. By the way, compared to its performance in Riga, where I was the technical controller, confidence of his jumps significantly increased. His quadruple is not yet 10 out of 10, it can not be called perfect, but progress in clean performance is very noticeable, and to the Russian Championship it will grow.

vCash
    Thanks for the updates, Lala. I am keeping my fingers crossed that he stays healthy enough to perform 4 programs at the Sochi Olympics. I am not looking for any medals, but if he wins one, that's icing on the cake.

vCash
    Ditto, I agree with everything you wrote, Vash01.

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO ZHENYA, YOU CAN DO IT!!!!

vCash
    Plushenko News_Eng ‏@PlushenkoNews 20m

It seems that Plushenko is main "favorite" to carry the Russian flag at the Opening of #Sochi2014 ...but... (cont)http://www.evgeni-plushenko.com/foru...p=81127#p81127

Interview with Yana http://www.firstnews.ru/opinions/600508/

google translating

Wife of famous Russian figure skater Evgeni Plushenko said Yana Rudkovskaja mode , which now lives athlete .

Eugene is now supporting a large number of people - you and he feel it ?

- Thank you all for being with us . Now is not the easiest time in his career. But the most difficult period we have already passed - when it was recovering from surgery. Then Jack could not jump even half turns two - fell.

He studied anew twist again learned to spin. The hardest thing was for him to jump, because he was afraid that the design fails .

If that happened , he would have remained disabled. This psychological barrier I walked with him, and then - it's June-July month - it was hard.

And now a lot easier , because all grow together and live in the polymer structure and body become one . Pain , though come to naught , but still present. For him, the most important thing that did not hurt .

And I'm sure that at the Olympics us one hundred percent for him will not be ashamed .

How victory in Riga affected psychologically?

- It was the highest result of his life. If he rode in Russia , scores would have been even higher. For the first start, he skated great. Zhenya care of yourself in the short program , and in any post.

I was pleased that Jack competitive. Very sorry that Jack did not risk the health and skate at the Grand Prix . Because if he took part in it , he would have skated much stronger than in Riga.

Competition in Riga was important to ensure that all who skeptical about Zhenya realized that the return Plushenko - not vague prospect , but a real fact .

At Eugene now very busy schedule workouts? You often see him at all ?

- Now the main focus of his life - training for the Olympics Games in the fourth of his life. And no one from these obligations are not freed . I go into his position and fly him to St. Petersburg on Fridays with the child. Exception - special cases when I can not fly .

Distract him not want to because Zhenya very private mode - except for training and the bath, he does not go anywhere else .

Its closed mode and I felt : it is now easier to call the president directly than to Plushenko.

- Yes , Evgeny not picking up now, talking only with loved ones. Should either prepare for competitions , or answer calls .

( Jack is Zhenya )
    Last edited by lala; 12-05-2013 at 05:08 AM.

vCash
    Very interesting interview with Plushy's wife http://www.elle.ru/afisha/persons/gi...a-rudkovskaya/

Yana words on Plushy ( google translate)

ELLE Yes, you're obviously not a failure appeared. That is now part of the circle of your interests as a producer?

Y. R. Well, firstly, it projects related to Dima Bilan and Evgeni Plushenko.

ELLE You are the producer of both of them?

Y. R. I am agent of Evgeni only in Europe. He has his agents in America, and Japan. Still, in the end, all information flock to me after the Olympics we plan 120 shows around the world.
    ELLE No people to look more different than Baturin and Plushenko. Why did you decide that Zhenya - your man?

Y.R. Victor me very long sought, but I still doubted until the end. And Zhenya was love at first sight. A person who is an example in everything: in relation to women, to children, to seniors, to his profession.

ELLE do not blame you for what you send her husband to the Olympics, despite his health problems?

J. R. condemn. And I understand what is the risk. Understand what it might cost him ... But I think so, in relation to themselves: if I was an athlete and I would have been one hundred percent of what I can win at this Olympics, I would put everything at stake.

----------------------
    Очи чёрные (Black eyes)

https://twitter.com/chihiRomangaart/...263680/photo/1
    Last edited by lala; 12-06-2013 at 08:49 AM.

vCash
    http://contropiede.net/luigi-bottecc...-madre-russia/

italian article

Road to Sochi / Plushenko , the rough diamond of great Mother Russia

1982 Solnechny , a small town in eastern Russia , a stark reality , hard and difficult to live, a country of workers who stood near a train station. It was cold , the biting cold that seems to slip into a thousand pins in the body, the cold that is only in some remote areas of the (then) Soviet Union great . Yevgeny Viktorovich Pljuščenko , or simply Evgeni Plushenko for us in the West , was born there in that year. He was a baby a few months when they realized that his health was not optimal , moreover, the living conditions were very poor although they admitted a few out there, proud as they were. Head high always, even if it's freezing , even if you are hungry and you have to grind the whole damn day. He was seen by a doctor when he was four years old, and he was healed but recommended more physical activity to prevent falls ill again .

It was a country of a few people Solnechny and a few of these , perhaps unwittingly , without realizing it, changed the lives of the small Evgeni and his family : in fact happened that a neighbor gave him his shoes because his daughter did not used them . A normal thing, all of the games will ever give to friends or neighbors because the children do not use them more , but not all lives in something so simple , something so normal , gave birth to the historical consequences ( sportingly speaking) . The young Plushenko began to skate and , very soon, its instructors realized that they have to deal with a child prodigy , one of his first coaches and still one of the most important for the career of the athlete Russian, Plushenko said he was a " diamond in the rough " that needed only to be shaped . This man 's name was Alexei Mishin and taught figure skating in St. Petersburg. It was he who pushed the young Evgeni to move to the big city to pursue his dream .

Plushenko then faced the move and began training very seriously , to make the sacrifices were so many , yet it is not weighed particularly , the willpower of the boy , in spite of the many problems that had to deal with on a daily basis , it was amazing even then . They started the first youth competitions and soon proceeded to enter the world of adults. Talent and sweat daily did not take long to produce results , in fact in a very short time Evgeni arrived at the threshold of what we can certainly feel his dream: the Olympics. He was still a child when , seeing the Olympic Games on television, told his mother that he would win by a large gold medal. The first time , you know, you never forget , and Plushenko was in 2002 , in Salt Lake City. The premises were the best , the year before had been full of success for the now twenty year old( he was only 19) Russian skater . But the approaching event of the year was not easy : some physical problems before they blocked the preparation and then a few bumps in the program undermined the safety of Evgeni , with the result you get "only" second in the Olympic event . But all this was only consequence to strengthen the Russian athlete , who after a hard work , tiring but rewarding , he presented himself as a super favorite at the Turin Olympics in 2006 , and here he made his masterpiece.

In the town of Savoy , Plushenko gave birth to one of the greatest spectacles that figure skating fans have ever seen. The short program was held on the notes of "La Tosca " and captivated everyone, especially the public, but the jury awarded him a score monstrous than ever before. The long program , held after the triumph of the short, was the most classic parade of honor. Plushenko danced with an impressive grace on the basis of "The Godfather " as a further demonstration that the gold medal was to be his . The rest is recent history , with the withdrawal after Turin 2006, and the return to Vancouver four years later, where he finished second , causing a series of controversies that are still open wounds. Evgeni now is preparing the Olympic Games in Sochi, Russia in her , hoping that it will once again be the protagonist.

Why do I mention Plushenko ? Why is Russian and the Olympics this year are held in his homeland , but even more so because his story can be an inspiration for all those who believe they do not do it, who are faced with the problems that life poses . Plushenko confronted them with shoes and showed us that anything can happen and that the problems, at times, become opportunities .

vCash
    Very nice article. Thanks Lala. It's amusing that they are calling the skates 'shoes'. We have seen over the years how mentally tough Plushenko is. Talent alone is not enough to create a champion.

vCash
    Plushenko Road to Sochi new montages..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ShAUxL2Lfp8
    part 2 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rpw8YfqCAcQ i like it better...

same author

Page 30 of 51 FirstFirst ... 20282930313240 ... LastLast