Page 28 of 51 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cherub721 View Post
    Thanks. I liked that the combo was right on the music and the step sequence was nice. I hope to see more height on the jumps and much faster spins, but he pulled good PCS for that. They should go up a lot when he has his usual speed and command of the ice. I wonder if he will be ready for CoR.
    I agree. He is not ready.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eaWzdsZBytg better angle
    Last edited by lala; 11-07-2013 at 11:03 PM.

vCash
    It must be incredibly nerve wracking for him. Seems like even though loyal skating fans are supporting his every step forward, I truly wonder how he will be regarded by the Russian media if he "disappoints" So much weighing on his shoulders.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lala View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eaWzdsZBytg better angle
    It seems that he deliberately skated in a calmer way instead of going all out of the emotions since he focused more on checking the program. Trust me, when he would go all out, this will be a really powerful program.

having a nice day
    vCash
    Lovely SP. Just right for this season. Plush looks grrrrreat!!! Whee!!!:-)
    Have a nice day!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by leapfrogonice View Post
    It must be incredibly nerve wracking for him. Seems like even though loyal skating fans are supporting his every step forward, I truly wonder how he will be regarded by the Russian media if he "disappoints" So much weighing on his shoulders.
    Well, probably he will be regarded as a 31 years old guy with 12 operations and an artificial disc.

vCash
    Plushenko News_Eng ‏@PlushenkoNews 1m

REMINDER - ALL videos (until now) in this Playlist: ISU Volvo Open Cup 22nd - Riga, Latvia 07/08.11.2013:http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list...oZpQEQECk1_RiS

practice videos today 3A http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zsc_x3gFiUw&sns=tw
    4T http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=11SIevSUfwQ

vCash
    [QUOTE=lala;4043087]I agree. He is not ready.

After watching this first performance of the season, I am frankly disheartened. I know it was a deliberate choice to water down the program, but he seemed frail, rather uncertain and, in spite of all the criticism, back to no transitions--back to back jumps and he isn't ready to do them all. I dearly love Plush and admire the determination and self sacrifice that he shows in spite of enormous physical obstacles. I truly hope that he will pull off the impossible in Sochi but right now, it looks dicey to me. He's a shadow of his former self and not yet in the league of the strongest young skaters: all hungry for an olympic medal. Still, he has three more months....

vCash
    [QUOTE=ItalianFan;4044221]

After watching this first performance of the season, I am frankly disheartened. I know it was a deliberate choice to water down the program, but he seemed frail, rather uncertain and, in spite of all the criticism, back to no transitions--back to back jumps and he isn't ready to do them all. I dearly love Plush and admire the determination and self sacrifice that he shows in spite of enormous physical obstacles. I truly hope that he will pull off the impossible in Sochi but right now, it looks dicey to me. He's a shadow of his former self and not yet in the league of the strongest young skaters: all hungry for an olympic medal. Still, he has three more months....
    I think, we need to wait. Read, please what he is saying about his skating: http://fskating.com/2013/11/evgeni-p...ack-again.html

and read this article, please:http://www.sovsport.ru/news/text-item/657359:

Alexei Krasnozhon : Plushenko without a quad Salchow jump voltage and coat. Go to the Olympics it will rittberger !

Young skater Alexei Mishin group Krasnozhon who constantly trains with Olympic champion Yevgeny Plushenko and also will speak today at the tournament «Open Volvo Cup» said in an interview with " Soviet Sport ", as Plushenko looks at practices .

- Alex , you train with Plushenko at the same time ?

- Yes, at the same time .

- How he looks in training ?

- OK . Back pain never complains . Jumps confidently , not falling. Just maybe a little bit more careful it does, the sooner , before the surgery. But I think it's not a big deal. With jumps , he does not fall, quadruple toe loop and Salchow obtained his stable. And all the triple , including Axel , with whom Zhenya has fallen in Zagreb - perfect . He is their fully restored .

- Today, at a tournament in Riga, he will show their Olympic program in the format of "economy class " as wittily put your coach with him Professor Mishin . In the full version you see them?

- I have. Impressions ? Yum!

- They included two quads - toe loop and Salchow ?

- So far , yes. But the Olympics should be even and rittberger . So in two Olympic programs - short and long - Zhenya will be three different quads .

- The press wrote that he is a quad lutz jumps that he was even in his younger years, the official tournaments and has not been included because of a bad exit.

- It is a complete nonsense. Lutz I have not seen . Rumors , I guess.

- A cascade in the Olympic program prisutcvuyut ?

- 4-3. But today, in Riga , I 'm not sure that Zhenya will make it 4-3. May be limited to 3-3. Unnecessary haste is not in his plans.

So, who knows? I know just one thing, this is too early saying any serious opinion about his programs and skating. He is preparing in his own pace..
    Last edited by lala; 11-08-2013 at 07:01 PM.

YEAH!
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ItalianFan View Post
    It is a bit disheartening to see him in that shape but what makes it ok for me is that he knows what all his flaws are. He isn't going out saying his spins were brilliant. He isn't at home saying his training is going amazing but refusing to show a full program. He could have stayed out of this event to save face, but he felt like it would further his goals to get a feel for the ice here. His score of 82.34 is on a par with Kovtun's CoC SP where he landed two quads (albeit he did fall on the footwork). One thing is for certain, Plushy won't be skating like this at the Olympics. He'll either have improved greatly (I hope) or is going to give someone else a chance.

lala do you know when the LP is happening?

vCash
    [QUOTE=ItalianFan;4044221]

I truly hope that he will pull off the impossible in Sochi but right now, it looks dicey to me. He's a shadow of his former self and not yet in the league of the strongest young skaters: all hungry for an olympic medal. Still, he has three more months....
    The thing is he can score even on his bad day better than any other Russian now, so I hope he goes to Sochi and skates in front of home crowd regardless of his placement, I cant imagine what it must be to start skating for a comeback from zero level and he has done it like 3 times. I believe going to Sochi is a more realistic goal, and then whatever happens there..

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cherub721 View Post
    It is a bit disheartening to see him in that shape but what makes it ok for me is that he knows what all his flaws are. He isn't going out saying his spins were brilliant. He isn't at home saying his training is going amazing but refusing to show a full program. He could have stayed out of this event to save face, but he felt like it would further his goals to get a feel for the ice here. His score of 82.34 is on a par with Kovtun's CoC SP where he landed two quads (albeit he did fall on the footwork). One thing is for certain, Plushy won't be skating like this at the Olympics. He'll either have improved greatly (I hope) or is going to give someone else a chance.

lala do you know when the LP is happening?
    http://kristalice.lv/Results/Volvo22th/ISU/SEG020.HTM still 3 skaters....

vCash
    Evgeny PLYUSCHENKO
    RUS 180.91 88.71 92.20 9.25 8.60 9.60 9.30 9.3

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES!

THE KING IS BACK!!!!

YEAH!
    vCash
    That's really good!

vCash
    Evgeni Plushenko: in this long program - all of my life! (Google translating)

09.11.2013 01:42:01 | Figure skating | News

Today, November 9, the international figure skating tournament Volvo Cup in Riga (Latvia) finished the competition in the men's figure skating. Olympic champion Evgeni Plushenko won, beating personal bests in the long program (180.91 points) and in total for the two programs (263.25). His performance Evgeni Plushenko said the special correspondent of the portal TEAM RUSSIA-2014 Mary Vorobevoj.

- Of course, today was exciting to go out on the ice - Evgeni Plushenko smiled. - But still, today, I was worried a little less than yesterday, because on the morning training session took three of the four quads. And it gave me confidence. In general, to get a decent car (laughs). He proved himself. In general, today I did the whole program.

- Yesterday you said that "deep down feel to be back in the sport." Today it is a feeling became brighter?

- Today, I realized this a million percent (smiles). But I was with my 12-guessing operations still do not want to - I live in the present. Yes, I look to the future, but live only in the sport today. Just sometimes happens, it's hard to go to the gym, let alone skate in competitions. But today, thank God, I did not stop. I am very happy with the quad jump, happy complex programs that did. And most of all I am satisfied that it is not tired! On the last track, I rode with a smile, emotionally. In fact, before the start I had been ill with acute respiratory disease - you see, I was constantly coughing, but that's a residual phenomenon. And I still made.

- Your coach Alexei Mishin said that you show in Riga "economy options" programs. Surely, today was a "keeper"?

- No, today's long program - is 80 percent, almost the maximum. I did not jump the second quadruple, although he wanted. Alexei and in training, and the warm-up before the race said that the second quadruple jump is not necessary. Asked: think of the look. After the first quad I went on until the last second, and only three seconds to jump in my head that something has changed, and I said to myself, "Come on, now do not complete the program ..." I mean, not with two and four, which will necessarily need the Olympics.

- What are the competition viewers will see you next time?

- I want to thank absolutely everyone who voted for me sick and going through - it really gives me strength! Today I was walking outside the hotel before leaving for the competition, when she called to me and said, "Man, you're not a skater?" I said yes (laughs). "You do Plushenko? - She asked. - What are you doing here? "I see people get sick and worry for what they sincerely thank you very much! What can we expect next? Recovery, strengthening programs - they must knurl, in parallel with the need to bring yourself into shape, you need to lose weight, you need to pump your muscles. Works very much!

- Will be ready for the Moscow stage of the Grand Prix?

- To be honest, the only thing I do think - as tomorrow will return to St. Petersburg, and go on the hunt (laughs). And then slowly we will prepare for life. As I have said many times, the main thing - to speak at the fourth Olympics and get her in the top three winners.

- Alexei Mishin offered this season to put the program The best of Pluschenko. What felt today when I first rolled their best performances in one program?

- This long program - all my life. Naturally, all programs can not be folded into one. 10 minutes would be allowed to go - then I gave (smiles)! But we tried to do ... Although this is not the end of the finished material, this is not the final versions of the programs. But today I went for a drive with a soul - I love these productions, we do not knowingly chose these pieces.

- Jack, now you are not on top form. And far from this very peak?

- Honestly? Nearby (smiles). But a lot of work to be!

LP http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8zoNehVl6Bw !!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p6ni6gOLbrU better angle

http://visualrian.ru/ru/site/feature/355183/
    Last edited by lala; 11-08-2013 at 11:19 PM.

YEAH!
    vCash
    His long program score is more than 5 points better than the current season's best (Oda at Nebelhorn). We'll see if that lasts after Takahashi's NHK lp, but it's nice.

vCash
    I just saw his FS this past hour over on the main forum, and now I see his SP; both are FABOLICIOUS!

And HAPPY BELATED 31ST BIRTHDAY TO MY FAVORITE MALE SKATER OF ALL-TIME, MR. EVGENI PLUSHENKO!!!

I remembered it on the 3rd of this month, but was unable to get to a computer and post, but now I've made time to watch & post about skating tonight and hopefully tomorrow.

vCash
    Thanks Lala for posting all of this. I am much happier after seeing the LP. He looked like his old self, with soaring jumps, and I am encouraged to think that he can do it after all. He's so reliably consistent, whereas the weakness of many of his young rivals is exactly this, consistency. Go Evgeny!! show all them youngsters how to skate!

having a nice day
    vCash
    For the free skate, it's nice how all the music fits together. :-)
    It will be very good to see this skated at Olympic level. I don't doubt he can do it. I don't doubt him at all. He's very very skilled competitor. Very skilled and very skillful. I never forget how someone at 2001 worlds summed him up: "he's like a panther!" she said. "You can't look away from him for one minute becaus he'll POUNCE!!!" heehee that's so true lol ;-)
    Have a nice day!

vCash
    Plushy posted a birthday wish on Twitter to his friend, Alessandro del Piero.

I have now concocted the perfect plan!

Of course Plushy should come to Australia to watch his dear friend play for Sydney FC. Then while he is here, he can do some shows, yes? Yes?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by misskarne View Post
    Plushy posted a birthday wish on Twitter to his friend, Alessandro del Piero.

I have now concocted the perfect plan!

Of course Plushy should come to Australia to watch his dear friend play for Sydney FC. Then while he is here, he can do some shows, yes? Yes?
    Yes! Good plan!!!
    It seems you know who is del Piero... (He is one of my favorite soccer players ever) Plush and Alessandro are good friends, if you haven't seen these videos:

In Pinzolo 2009

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6DHcL-6D9kA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sXwluBYl5NM

and this is a little bit off topic, but I like this song, and I really believe every Italian men can sing, the Juventus's song: Il Mio Cante Libero ( Del Piero is sooooo handsome)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9kZRT0m-_XI
    Last edited by lala; 11-09-2013 at 10:21 PM.

Page 28 of 51 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast